Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #151
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
ok, the stillmans inches off way of eating is working like a charm! i got on the scale for the first time today and i was down 4 pounds. now, i was maintaining and was not going for weight loss. But i think it's detoxing me, because i am going to the bathroom really well, which did not happen with the QWL diet---so dr. stillmans really knew what he was doing. i am so excited and so happy. i ate quite bit of fruit this morning salad last morning. i had rice and a sweet potato yesterday, too. I will keep this going & continue posting my results for those interested. my stomach is getting flat.
Ok, you are starting to make a believer out of me! I have been reading the inches off section and he says that we can alternate it with qwl if we want. I don't want - at least right now. But it is good to know that if I get to the point of needing something different in my diet, I have a plan that will work! Since I still have 100 pounds to lose and since I'm such a slow looser, having a back-up plan is good. Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your journey!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #152
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! Gee, I was the last one out and I'm the first one in this morning! Wake up everybody! Put on your dancing shoes and do the happy dance! I lost a whole pound! It is so fun when that happens. And now I'm off to get ready for church - see you all later!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! Gee, I was the last one out and I'm the first one in this morning! Wake up everybody! Put on your dancing shoes and do the happy dance! I lost a whole pound! It is so fun when that happens. And now I'm off to get ready for church - see you all later!
Congrats!

I am up 1.4 pounds but its because I always eat off plan on the weekends, I really have to stop this cycle
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Good Monday Morning, all. I posted over on the main board about non-scale victories...but I'll share it here, too. Flew for the first time since June 2011, so more than a year (and more than 50 lbs. ago): and I was thrilled to totally fit into the seat (no spill-over)AND no seat-belt extender needed, at all. Actually had enough strap to pull it "snug" across the hips as they tell you to...being able to walk down the plane aisle without bumping into everyone. FELT WONDERFUL! NORMAL! Still have quite a ways to go, but feel like I'm well on my way now.

So we're back to Florida from Nebraska...went to brother's wedding, and managed to stay "clean" the whole 3 days, even on the travel days. We figured there would be very little "legal" food at the reception so I actually packed food for us: 2 string cheese & macadamia nuts. We each had 2 glasses of dry white wine...and I took 2 squares of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate to eat when they cut the cake. That was enough to keep me out of the cake! We had a late supper of grilled chicken when we got home. Managed to lose 1.6 lbs. since Wednesday (day before we traveled) so glad I stayed on plan the whole time, even though the nuts were higher fat/carbs than what I usually eat. And a lot of salt in the nuts have me retaining some water too. So hopefully I'll get a nice loss this week when the travel-water-weight goes away.

Hope everyone has a great week...I'm going to be very busy because we're moving from one condo to another next week (MOVING again! First in Nebraska, and now in Florida. Will be very glad to get finished with boxes!)

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 09-17-2012 at 05:53 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Cathy: Love the airplane/seatbelt story! Woooo-Hooooo!!! congratulations!

Mim: Yay you! Another pound gone! You are doing great!

We got back from Tahoe Thursday and then I kept 3 of my grand kids over the weekend. Boy am I tired now!!!

So, today I have to get the house back in order and do a million tons of laundry. Then I gotta pack the suitcase for Hawaii.

I'm thinking about how I'm going to stay away from the Mai-Tais on Waikiki. Also thinking I might try climbing Diamond Head if I feel energetic.

Have a happy Monday, everyone!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Cathy: Love the airplane/seatbelt story! Woooo-Hooooo!!! congratulations!

Mim: Yay you! Another pound gone! You are doing great!

We got back from Tahoe Thursday and then I kept 3 of my grand kids over the weekend. Boy am I tired now!!!

So, today I have to get the house back in order and do a million tons of laundry. Then I gotta pack the suitcase for Hawaii.

I'm thinking about how I'm going to stay away from the Mai-Tais on Waikiki. Also thinking I might try climbing Diamond Head if I feel energetic.

Have a happy Monday, everyone!
I gained 10 pounds in Hawaii in July and I just got back down to my pre vacation weight last week, stay away from the Mai tais!

Did that work to scare you away from them? haha
Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I gained 10 pounds in Hawaii in July and I just got back down to my pre vacation weight last week, stay away from the Mai tais!

Did that work to scare you away from them? haha
I'm shivering in my boots! And I'm not wearing any! Thank you for that much needed kick in the pants!

I just tried on shorts and bathing suits. I got my suitcase all packed. Yay! I swear the Callanetics is making me shrink.

One thing that might keep me from pigging out and slurping adult beverages is that all my clothes fit just right and look so cute! (I feel good about this by the way). I can't gain anything or I will be nekked in Hawaii!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Did I show you my new shorts and 2 new shirts? (the aqua one and the melon colored one).

New shorts2012 001.jpg

New shorts2012 003.jpg

New shorts2012 004.jpg

The lighter colored ones are really cute with aqua colored designs but they don't show up too well in pictures.

Click on a picture to make it bigger.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Did I show you my new shorts and 2 new shirts? (the aqua one and the melon colored one).

Attachment 46252

Attachment 46253

Attachment 46254

The lighter colored ones are really cute with aqua colored designs but they don't show up too well in pictures.

Click on a picture to make it bigger.
Really cute clothes! That blue shirt is my favorite color!

How often do you go to Hawaii? If this is a once-in-a-lifetime (or even a once-in-a-lot-of-years) then I say go ahead and eat/drink the specialty Hawaiian foods. You only live once. Really.

On the other hand, if you go to Hawaii every year or every couple of years...well that's a different story. Mind your diet
Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Hi everyone. I am back to report my success with stillman's inches off diet.
It's a vegan plan with choices coming mainly from the fruit and veggie kingdom, and a few grains. I'm underweight! i was so fearful I would gain and i dropped 4 pounds in just a week. So, today I ate more so that I won't get too thin, and I also added a little more soy and pea protein into the plan to stabilize. This way of eating loves me, and I have not felt this wonderful in a very very long time!!! So, for everyone that gets to goal-go right ahead and move into that inches off plan. It truly does take the inches off. I had also had a bit of back and upper shoulder aches developed with the QWL diet and that is almost all gone. Yea Dr. Stillman!!! Thank you so much.

I love vegan so much, that I have made a decision to continue on with veganism, but in a week or so add more from the list of items it says to stay away from (like bean, lentils and other non-animal protein foods.)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

your clothes are adorable. lucky you!! Hawaii. You are going to have an awesome time.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #162
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! And ug -I'm up a pound. I know that it is just a blip, I've been on plan, but today is weigh in and I've lost 2 pounds this week instead of three! And yeah yeah, two is good, but I want more! Ya' know what I mean? Oh well, it will come back off and hopefully take some friends with it. I have a cold. I feel awful. And I've got a long meeting today.

Yam - your clothes look great! I may be going to Disney in October and I'll need some shorts and shirts. Have a great time in Hawaii!

Shreem - you are an inspiration!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathy: We go to Hawaii once per year. Last year we went to Maui. It was awesome. This year we will be in Oahu on Waikiki. I travel so much that I just cannot throw caution to the wind any more. I do have a plan. I find it pretty easy to keep to a Fast-5 type of schedule. Then I choose high protein foods for the most part. Lots of fish for sure. What I have to watch out for is cocktail hours. I usually stick to a couple of glasses of white or red wine. I am definitely bringing my travel body weight scale. When I step on it every morning, it tells me how bad/good I've been and that is very helpful. Keeps me accountable.

Mim: Down 2 pounds in a week is awesome! That other pound will vanish in no time. Hope you get feeling better soon. BTW: I want to see a picture of the hot red jeans!!!

Shreem: Wowzers!!! it's been many, many years since I have been "under" weight. I was once! You are rockin' the Inches Off plan. I'm so glad your body loves it. Doing a happy dance that you found something that works for you.

Well, folks! We leave tomorrow for Hawaii. We are taking off in the afternoon and driving to DDs house to play with the grandies and spend the night. It's close to the airport so makes it easy the next morning. By 11:00 a.m. Thursday we will be on the beach!! How cool is that. Living in California makes it only a 4 hour flight, non-stop, so it's pretty enjoyable. We are flying on Hawaiin airlines and if any of you have ever experienced their high quality of service you will know why I'm even excited about being on the plane!

Oh, on the clothes: I do have some Hawaiin print clothing as well. I keep them in a special "Island drawer" so it's easy to grab and go. I'm getting really excited!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Cathy: Sometimes I think that the non scale victories are more important and more rewarding than the ones on the scale because they're more applicable to life. The scale just shows a number. But congratulations!!! You must feel so amazing, and you should! Wonderful accomplishment.

Yam: Enjoy your time in Hawaii!!! I'm jealous. Glad you have a plan and hope everything works out in terms of sticking to it!

Shreem: Please keep us updated on your results and what you've been eating with the Inches Off plan! I've been thinking of trying it because meat out here is so expensive. The only issue is that I still cannot bring myself to eat carby/sugary fruits even though I've been eating some whole grains. I eat berries but that's about it. But it seems like it's really working for you so maybe that's a mental block I should get over. I could still lose some inches. :P

Welll my Sunday Stillmans plan didn't work out very well...I had an okay day, though, aside from the apple pie that my corridor mates and I made that night! I couldn't resist. But there was no dessert on the night of the welcome dinner (Saturday) and the food they had was actually pretty decent, so that day wasn't too bad either. Today I had a really clean day and I feel great about it! I'm finally more settled and feeling like I want to get back in control of what I'm eating. Also I'm getting back into my exercise routine. I just hope it stays for a while because I have a bunch of trips coming up in the next couple months and I'm not sure what that will be like. It's still weird to think of myself as a "skinny" person. I've even been getting comments from people here about how small I am, and they didn't know me when I was overweight. It feels good though.

Last edited by littlelavender; 09-18-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

I went salt crazy the last couple days and was up 3.4 pounds! I made egg drop soup and I think that is what did me in the extra 2 pounds (after my weekend off plan) because I hadn't strayed too bad this weekend, anyways I was down 1.2 pounds this morning so now to lose the rest and maybe a friend or 2 with it by Saturday

saturday is my bday and I am turning 27 and that is my scary age so it would be nice to weigh less for when I hit the cake I have 3 dinners to go to this weekend all for my bday ( I feel loved) I will have one free for all day on my actual bday but the other days I hope I can stay low carb or as low carb as I can be and still have cake! haha
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 161/154/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Low carb and excercise
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey girls!! I'm back! I was on stillmans back in July and had good success. I just found out I am leaving for Hawaii in 18 days and need to drop 10 pounds fast! I know with stilly's I can do it. I weighed in today at 149.5 (ughhhhh) My goal is to get to 139 or under by my trip. I'll be checking in with you ladies regularly xo Ainsley
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey girls!! I'm back! I was on stillmans back in July and had good success. I just found out I am leaving for Hawaii in 18 days and need to drop 10 pounds fast! I know with stilly's I can do it. I weighed in today at 149.5 (ughhhhh) My goal is to get to 139 or under by my trip. I'll be checking in with you ladies regularly xo Ainsley
With Stills you can definitely do it and maybe even more!

also hello fellow Canadian
Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mar! How are things in Winnipeg? I've never been there!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Things are cold here! I finally caved and turned my heat on today because I was freezing!

What area of Ontario are you from? my Family is from the Niagara area, and my aunt got sunburnt this weekend! not fair while I am freezing my butt off! haha
Old 09-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #170
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! That phantom pound left and took half a pound with it! Go me! I am miserable with this cold and it makes me angry! I have things I want to do! Things I need to do! Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg! (It is talk like a pirate day!) I am feeling thinner though! Have a great day, everyone. I took yesterday off so I'm hitting the floor running this morning!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Mar I'm from Toronto, it was hot here last weekend but this week it has really turned to cooler temps, very fall like. Goign to be cold this weekend. Thank god I have Hawaii to look forward to in 17 days
Weighed in this a.m. at 148! Woot woot!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cyone
Stats: To hit 199 by 08/27/2012
WOE: 17 Day Diet Cycles 1-4
Start Date: August 2011
Hi all

Good afternoon everyone excited today got the original Quick Weight Loss book out of my mailbox reading through it today at work and there are so many different ways to do this diet I am so excited to be starting it tomorrow
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, you are starting to make a believer out of me! I have been reading the inches off section and he says that we can alternate it with qwl if we want. I don't want - at least right now. But it is good to know that if I get to the point of needing something different in my diet, I have a plan that will work! Since I still have 100 pounds to lose and since I'm such a slow looser, having a back-up plan is good. Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your journey!
it is so good! you don't eat any meat and i am feeling so so so much better.
i'm adding a soy protein shake in, to keep it vegan-but i need to not loose anymore weight. will try some high fat vegan items soon. like avocado, raw food. probably will not even touch the almond butter. that's candy for me and I think the vegan plan he has so carefully laid out probably has specific reasons and some kind of a metabolic advantage as well. i'm eating just as much raw foods as possible. fruits, salads. rice is cooked. had split peas today, mixed in with my rice. i always feel kind of stuffed or stuck after the protein shake though. the point of this way of eating on the inches off is low protein. basically no protein.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies! I am happy to report I am down another pounds this a.m. woot woot! I love stillmans! 16 days till I leave for Hawaii....major motivation to stick with this
hope everyone is having a good day so far xo Ainsley
Old 09-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #175
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning ladies! I am happy to report I am down another pounds this a.m. woot woot! I love stillmans! 16 days till I leave for Hawaii....major motivation to stick with this
Well done!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #176
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am down another half pound! I'm very excited! I'm going to Disney (Florida) Oct. 20th - that is 5 weeks away! I hope to be down 15 pounds by then.

I'm having a hard time shaking this cold and my head feels like it gained 10 pounds! And none of it is brains!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar I'm from Toronto, it was hot here last weekend but this week it has really turned to cooler temps, very fall like. Goign to be cold this weekend. Thank god I have Hawaii to look forward to in 17 days
Weighed in this a.m. at 148! Woot woot!
I am happy Fall is here not happy about having to turn the heat on haha

congrats on the 148! Hopefully I will be into the 140's soon
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
it is so good! you don't eat any meat and i am feeling so so so much better.
i'm adding a soy protein shake in, to keep it vegan-but i need to not loose anymore weight. will try some high fat vegan items soon. like avocado, raw food. probably will not even touch the almond butter. that's candy for me and I think the vegan plan he has so carefully laid out probably has specific reasons and some kind of a metabolic advantage as well. i'm eating just as much raw foods as possible. fruits, salads. rice is cooked. had split peas today, mixed in with my rice. i always feel kind of stuffed or stuck after the protein shake though. the point of this way of eating on the inches off is low protein. basically no protein.
I am sure you have mentioned this earlier but I can only remember the 4 pound loss and not if you had said anything about inches coming off?
Its called inches off so I was curious how many inches you are losing compared to weight loss, I always feel so skinny after an all veggie day, i also feel skinny after an all protein day but I don't feel as clean on the inside if you know what I mean haha
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WTG! I went to Hawaii feeling fat and it wasn't nearly as fun walking around in a bathing suit all the time when you feel that way
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am down another half pound! I'm very excited! I'm going to Disney (Florida) Oct. 20th - that is 5 weeks away! I hope to be down 15 pounds by then.

I'm having a hard time shaking this cold and my head feels like it gained 10 pounds! And none of it is brains!
I am sure you can do it, Mim!

I felt the same when when I had a cold a few weeks ago and of course it was the first week of school not a good time not to have brains! haha
Closed Thread