Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I started my weigh week with a half pound loss! I walked to the office yesterday, and plan on doing the same today. And honestly, I'm going to seriously work on getting back into the exercise mode. I have very sad news - for me. I'm out of raw shrimp. I can't go grocery shopping until this weekend so I guess I'll have to eat cold shrimp! Life is hard. Yesterday I finished the low carb meatloaf I had made a few days ago, had shrimp and salmon. I was having a hungry day for some reason. I am not one who loses well with beef, but sometimes I just have to have it! This morning's breakfast is salmon. In fact, all meals today will be salmon! Happy Wednesday everyone!
food is going fabulous for you, mim! keep it up.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have the original hard back Callenetics book! Her exercises were featured in a magazine and they looked so good that I bought the book. When I first started I could only do about 5 of the stomach reps. Like being on plan, doing Callenetics makes me feel good. But I haven't been able to get into it consistently for quite some time. I keep trying though. I had a thought today - I'm going to do it in my office tomorrow! I have to keep office hours and no one is ever there so I can exercise.

I looked up the five tibetan rites - it looks great! I used to swim every day. About 5 years ago I was training to make an open water swim across the Chesapeake bay - a 17 mile swim. In the midst of training I broke my ankle - underwent 3 major reconstruction surgeries in two years and then moved away from a convenient pool and away from the ocean. When I move this time I am going to make a point of finding a place to swim!
Yes, those rites are awesome. i got a couple people started on them and they love them. easy to do, but make big gains. it's about the vortex's in your body--per yoga talk. i took a yoga class and these were the exercises he did with us. Swimming just rocks. Even a 10 minute swim in the morning sets the tone for a successful for me. i have done this all my life. Can't wait for you to get back there. The water is healing and cleansing.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WatchMeMelt
Stats: 195.6/185.6/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 8/27/2012
Quote:
Congratulations on the 1.6! Remember that this is a way of life, the weight won't come off in a night, and along the weight loss journey you have to live.
You are definitely right Mim, it is a journey! As long as we keep plugging away and get right back on the next day. The old me would normally go completely off plan after a carby bite but yesterday I'm glad I went right back to clean eating. And I was happily surprised when I saw a -1.6lb loss, yay!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazzbot
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: Atkins 6/21/12 Stillman's 9/8/12
Had a bad day... Came here to "confess" I am PMSing and I did have to skip lunch today, but that's no excuse. I will get back on plan tomorrow. I came home and I was starving and I just wanted something that tasted good- not like boiled rubber (boiled chicken breast & HB eggs) that I have been eating. I went for cheese. Mozzerella I had 3 thick pieces. Oh well at least its low carb
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #125
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Hey Jazz - as far as off plan food, you did great! Don't wait until tomorrow to get on plan, Get on plan now!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

wow, does stillmans fix things. So, everyone knows I've been maintaining my goal weight since around Mayish. I have continued to do straight stillmans, because I just didn't want to deal with any weight gain.

But, after I saw CC making plans for maintenance eating, I thought it might be time for me to venture into the next phase the Dr. Stilmans laid out. I started small yesterday and I was at goal this morning. So today I ventured further and did pretty much the foods he laid out for that next phase called "Inches Off" diet. He said be ready for a couple pounds of water weight gain, and then it will come off in about a week as the body adjusts. So far so good. I was scared, but I stopped the proteins today and ate foods I have not touched in years. I have not gained in inches tonight. measured my self and things seem to be in check. don't have any carb cravings. will take a walk before going to sleep and hope for a good weigh in tomorrow morning.

i feel like the stillmans QWL has virtually fixed my body. I was very strict. and I feel safe, because I know I can stick with the QWL if I need to and that it works.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey everyone!

I have been on plan and I am down about 5 pounds this week!

I was eating on plan during the week and off on the weekends and I maintained as I got so stressed during the first few weeks of school and I wanted to eat everything in sight so I made a compromise with myself and now I am back on plan now that I have adjusted to my new schedule... that is until my bday in a week and a half and then I will eat what I want because you only get 1 bday a year!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbot View Post
Had a bad day... Came here to "confess" I am PMSing and I did have to skip lunch today, but that's no excuse. I will get back on plan tomorrow. I came home and I was starving and I just wanted something that tasted good- not like boiled rubber (boiled chicken breast & HB eggs) that I have been eating. I went for cheese. Mozzerella I had 3 thick pieces. Oh well at least its low carb
I eat cheese almost everyday and it doesn't make me gain, if I have too much it makes me stall but thats it. So I wouldn't worry too much, as far a cheat goes I think its ok.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{MAR}}}}}}}

Mim, my mom ditched the fancy creams years ago and uses light olive oil, straight from the bottle in the pantry, right out of the shower. I think it also has sun protection, too. And it doesn't smell.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

so this is my dr. stillmans "inches off" way of eating for the next couple weeks. Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”

Very vegetarian. i feel this is going to be very good, as i've been eating so much protein for so long-that i feel my colon needs to be emptied out a bit and i am sure all the fiber in this way of eating will do that.

If there is anyone that is at maintenance and is ready to move on to this next step-i would so welcome the support. I feel very scared and alone right now with this new way of eating.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

I woke up early this morning to see if yesterday was a success and it was. I am going very slowly, so today will be a protein day, then perhaps tomorrow I will venture back into the inches off diet again. i notice he says that if people are uncomfortable with this way of eating at first, that you can toggle back and forth each week from the QWL to the Inches Off Way of Eating. I tried to do mainly raw fruits and vegetables, with some rice and then split pea soup later in the day.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hej from Sweden, everyone! I have been lurking here almost everyday just to read all of your inspiring progress but haven't had much to post as I have been horribly off plan for the past month now almost. Good thing I kind of expected this. I left the scale behind with America when I came here so I have no idea how much I weigh, but my clothes all feel about the same and I measure myself fairly often and haven't seemed to gain inches. I'm still worried about gaining my weight back out here though. I expect I've probably gained maybe a few lbs in water weight but I have been trying my best to exercise portion control and keep and my calorie intake relatively low (probably 1000-1400 per day). It's been a little frustrating because Swedes invented the LCHF diet, so there are some low carb options out here but they are all high in fat! I have been doing my best to eat salads and protein and choosing whole grains if I have to eat bread/pasta/etc, but I have also been eating some of the tempting sweets they have everywhere. Grocery shopping is hard when everything is in a different language and most of their nutrition facts measure per "100 g" instead of per serving size. I've been craving turkey burgers but they don't even have ground turkey out here. So I've been thinking about having a Stillmans week sometime soon with eggs and boneless skinless chicken breasts just to get my cravings back under control. I just wish I had a scale so I knew the damage being done, it would always keep me on track. Plus I joined the gym out here but I've been sick for the past week almost and haven't been exercising, although I do go out a lot and walk pretty often. I need to get back into routine!!!

Glad you all are still motivated and letting the Stillmans way work its magic! If it weren't for your posts, I would be a lot less motivated to get back on the wagon too. Keep it up!

Last edited by littlelavender; 09-13-2012 at 01:42 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #133
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Littlelavender! What a great experience you are having! It sounds like you are doing great with the food/weight. Go with the tape measure and how your clothes fit. It sounds like you are making really good choices. And I'm glad you are able to enjoy some treats. Having a Stillman's week, or as many days in that week as you can do is a really good idea. You will enjoy the other food more and relax a bit about it if you can throw in a Stillman's week every now and then. Above all though, have fun!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #134
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Shreem, thank you for posting about your maintenance journey. Years ago, many years ago, I read an article on how to diet to get rid of cellulite. From what I remember, it sounds a lot like the inches off diet. I don't think that is going to be what I do when I get to maintenance but I'm watching you closely!
Knowledge is power! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #135
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

And as for me - I'm down another half. I am anxious to get out of this set of ten - I've been gaining/losing the same five to six pounds for about 4 weeks now. But I've gone back to strict Stills and have had consistent losses so by weigh in on Tuesday I'll have moved past my resting place and close to the next set of ten numbers! I have a size goal in mind for the first of the year! And staying on plan will get me there!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
And as for me - I'm down another half. I am anxious to get out of this set of ten - I've been gaining/losing the same five to six pounds for about 4 weeks now. But I've gone back to strict Stills and have had consistent losses so by weigh in on Tuesday I'll have moved past my resting place and close to the next set of ten numbers! I have a size goal in mind for the first of the year! And staying on plan will get me there!
Congrats, Mim! on the weight loss. Keep doing it, you will reach your goal soon. Stay consistent.

Thank you for encouraging me on my journey with the next step in Stillmans. Well, I had more fresh fruit this morning. I didn't think I would, but it just seemed right. After my first full day of carbs yesterday and low protein--i did drop inches. Dr. Stillman is amazing. I never thought this could be true!! After all the low fat protein eating-I really thought I would stay that way forever, but i swam this morning and did some stretching. My body feels amazing. I think this part of the diet plan is very important, but not until you have reached your goal and have stayed there for a bit.

I'm noticing a loosening up in my entire body. I have some pains in my upper shoulders and lower back that I never had before and this morning it is considerably less. So maybe a break on the high protein after weight reduction is a very healthy step to take and Dr. Stillman knew exactly what he was asking his patients to do.

I will keep posting my experiences here and just knowing you guys are supporting me is enough help to keep me trying.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

congrats losers, and hello Lav the Swede !
Old 09-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
to Lavender!!!

Quote:
Hey Yam! I see you are doing Callanetics! I've done them since the 70's! Not consistently though. GT does it too!
Did you really get sore in the beginning?? I've only done it twice so far. The first time I was worn out 30 minutes into it. I have "Callanetics Evolution" DVD. So, I brought the DVD with me to Tahoe and after a long morning walk at the lake, I decided to see how far I could get. I didn't look at the clock (this was day before yesterday) but I got all the way to the abs part and then my feet were cramping up on the one where you are kneeling and curling your abs. The housekeeper showed up to clean our room so I thought I'd take a break and get back into it, but I was so done. I put my swimsuit on and went to the pool. No one was there so I did some laps and then took a shower.

Yesterday I was soooooooo sore I could hardly move!!! My legs were killing me. They are still sore today, but not as bad.

On the moisturizer, have you tried Coconut oil??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
oh wow! I also did callenetics for years. It is spectacular and trims and firms quickly. You are the only people I have ever known that also do these exercies.

I also do the the five tibetan rites, swim 4-5 times a week and walk my dogs a lot.
You do a lot!!! How often do you think I have to do the Callanetics DVD to see results?? As I said previously, I've only done it twice so far. Once last week and once this week. Both times I was so sore the next day. It will definitely be a few days before I do it again.

I don't have any problems doing any of the exercises. They show 3 levels and I'm doing the one in the middle which is intermediate. It feels great while I'm doing it. Just can't believe how sore I get the day after!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Yam, you sure get around ! Mahalo !

Shreem, I don't think I'm going to ever go back to sugar, even natural ones.
It would open the door to too many bad choices.

OMG excersize, what is that

missing GT, MMS and soooo many others, come back, come back !!
What is that? It's torture, apparently!!!!

Yes!!! I get around. Too much really. I was looking forward to a weekend at home between Tahoe and Hawaii, but DD just called and asked me to come to her house for the weekend and watch her kids. I'm happy to do it because I just love spending time with my little cuties. So, there goes my weekend at home. Good thing I laid out all my Hawaii clothes. I can just shove them in a suitcase and I'm good to go. Mahalo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey everyone!

I have been on plan and I am down about 5 pounds this week!

I was eating on plan during the week and off on the weekends and I maintained as I got so stressed during the first few weeks of school and I wanted to eat everything in sight so I made a compromise with myself and now I am back on plan now that I have adjusted to my new schedule... that is until my bday in a week and a half and then I will eat what I want because you only get 1 bday a year!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

yam-yam: callenetics works and it works fast. try 5 days a week, then walk on the two off days for an hour. it will make you feel so great. Or, walk everyday for an hour and callenetics 3 times a week. it depends on your schedule. once you get the routine down, it does not take long. even holding each pose for a count of 50 rather than 100 will make a huge difference and it shortens the time down. i have trouble doing them at home, because my puppies jump all over and under me. they want to be a part, it's really cute and then i just want to pet them and hold them.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
yam-yam: callenetics works and it works fast. try 5 days a week, then walk on the two off days for an hour. it will make you feel so great. Or, walk everyday for an hour and callenetics 3 times a week. it depends on your schedule. once you get the routine down, it does not take long. even holding each pose for a count of 50 rather than 100 will make a huge difference and it shortens the time down. i have trouble doing them at home, because my puppies jump all over and under me. they want to be a part, it's really cute and then i just want to pet them and hold them.
I am so going to have to work up to that frequency! I couldn't do it 2 days in a row right now if my life depended on it.

My plan is to go from doing it once a week to twice. If that does not kill me, I'll move on to 3 times a week and hang at that level for a while.

Your puppies sound so cute! They want to get in shape and do Callanetics too!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Sometimes I feel like the fattest girl in the world...

I know its not true, but I feel like it especially today.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awww Jazz, big hugs.......
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
awww Jazz, big hugs.......
Thanks CC
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Alright soo I decided that I will have one Stillmans/protein day a week, which will either be a Sunday or a Monday, whatever works best with my schedule for the week. Hoping this will keep me from gaining too much while I'm here. Tomorrow we're having a big welcome dinner thing and I don't doubt that whatever they serve will be full of carbs and that there will be an awesome dessert, so I'm going to allow myself to splurge tomorrow night and eat whatever I want. To make up for it, I am going to eat light tomorrow morning/afternoon and make today and Sunday my protein and workout days (since tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I doubt I'll get to go to the gym). Meals today:
B - breakfast quinoa (~1/4 c quinoa cooked in 1/2 c light soy milk with raspberries and blueberries) - not exactly Stillmans style VLC but quinoa is full of protein and nutrients, plus I cut down the serving size to cut down the carbs
Pre work out snack - 1 small handful of peanuts and a few almonds
L - 1 whole egg and 1 egg white scrambled with 3/4 of a hamburger patty and 5 spears of asparagus, a little grated Parmesan cheese on top
D - probably a turkey roll up with 1 slice of cheddar cheese and a little basil pesto

Probably gonna snack on some more nuts also before dinner and maybe have a square of dark chocolate for dessert. This is definitely not Stillmans but I just kinda wanted a place to hold myself accountable. I feel guilty whenever I splurge on carbs, like I'm doing something wrong even though I'm just in maintenance. So I'm hoping this will help me feel better about eating and drinking what I want tomorrow night. I don't think I've ever completely let myself eat what I want since I started Stillmans without feeling some guilt. I hope I can enjoy it tomorrow. Sunday I will have more of a Stillmans day with just eggs and boneless skinless chicken breast. Then Monday I'll go back to just trying to eat healthy. One habit I have been keeping up with, though, is drinking water! I don't really keep track of how much anymore but I know I drink a ton of it. I don't really drink anything else besides alcohol when the occasion comes up, although there have been many occasions here because these people like to party. lol

Last edited by littlelavender; 09-14-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

ok, the stillmans inches off way of eating is working like a charm! i got on the scale for the first time today and i was down 4 pounds. now, i was maintaining and was not going for weight loss. But i think it's detoxing me, because i am going to the bathroom really well, which did not happen with the QWL diet---so dr. stillmans really knew what he was doing. i am so excited and so happy. i ate quite bit of fruit this morning salad last morning. i had rice and a sweet potato yesterday, too. I will keep this going & continue posting my results for those interested. my stomach is getting flat.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ok, the stillmans inches off way of eating is working like a charm! i got on the scale for the first time today and i was down 4 pounds. now, i was maintaining and was not going for weight loss. But i think it's detoxing me, because i am going to the bathroom really well, which did not happen with the QWL diet---so dr. stillmans really knew what he was doing. i am so excited and so happy. i ate quite bit of fruit this morning salad last morning. i had rice and a sweet potato yesterday, too. I will keep this going & continue posting my results for those interested. my stomach is getting flat.
Congrats!!!

I wish I could get a flat stomach although I am not sure if I ever will because don't ever remember a time without a tummy. I will have to remember to try the inches off diet after I hit goal if I ever do.... although that has nothing to do with stills and everything to do with the mental block of well I have already lost 30 pounds, or whatever it may be, lowest I got was 30 pounds lighter than start weight, so why not have a snack.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Down another .8 pounds today!

I really wanna get out of the 160's already! I have to stick with it this weekend, will be my first on a loooong time of eating better but I am determined to be down in the 150's by my bday next weekend
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

I finally changed my stats to what I am now and last week I started graphing my weight loss in hopes of giving me more accountability.

I started writing down everything I eat in hopes that will give me accountability it has given me some but I have no problem writing down taco bell or ice cream or loaded fries so hopefully the charting will be work as my step 2
Old 09-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go Shreeeeem and Maaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #150
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday afternoon! I had an unexpected sleepover at my dd's house Thursday night and am just now able to have time to myself! I was a bit disappointed today when I stepped on the scale - only .5 down and that was for two days. But again, I am ok with it as my body is shrinking. And I feel good!
Closed Thread