Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
go, lynn. I'm right in there with you! eating my protein, plain stillman's is the best way for me--no fats. I have experimented with atkins for the past two years, until i finally learned stillmans in april of this past year. i did not see anywhere near the same success on atkins that I have had with stillmans. Just keep it simple and eat your proteins, the weight drops quickly and you start to feel better right away (say 3 days into this way of eating) and you are suddently your best person again.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Yam- Yam you look amazing !!!! and Dukan will be the next diet book I research .... high protein, low fat works for me ....
Thanks, Christine!! I really feel great, too, and that's important to me. One of my biggest goals this time was to feel "lighter on my feet" and I do now. I also wanted to get a handle on keeping off what I lose. I think I got it!! Wooo-Hooooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by size2jeans View Post
Hi there everyone!

I hope I can join in! My name is Lynn. I have done low carb on and off since 2007.
I got down to 125 which was incredible doing *******, Atkins...etc...

I now have gotten up to 156 and none of my clothes fit and feel horrible.
I'm planning on doing stillman as it has the BEST Results!:-)

I have stocked up on shrimp, fish, chicken, and filet....
Ready set GO!

Love to hear your results the first couple weeks:-)

Nice to meet you guys
Lynn
Lynn!! I shared my results in an earlier post on this thread. I did Stillman/Dukan starting August 1st of last year. In the first 10 days I lost 14 pounds and was completely amazed. It stayed off and I kept going, moving into the second phase of Dukan (every now and then switching back for 3 days to Stillman or to Dukan's Attack phase which is very close to Stillman except for allowing fat free dairy, unlimited). At the end of December I read Dr. Johnson's book, The Alternate Day Diet, and added that to my plan.

Guess you could say I'm doing a Franken-diet? It's a blend of all three. It's working for me and I'm never bored or deprived. And, I never feel guilty anymore. So, that's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
go, lynn. I'm right in there with you! eating my protein, plain stillman's is the best way for me--no fats. I have experimented with atkins for the past two years, until i finally learned stillmans in april of this past year. i did not see anywhere near the same success on atkins that I have had with stillmans. Just keep it simple and eat your proteins, the weight drops quickly and you start to feel better right away (say 3 days into this way of eating) and you are suddently your best person again.
Lean protein gets the best results for me as well.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 09-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyone View Post
Hi everyone, I'm not new to Stillman's but I am getting back on track, i used this woe a few years back and knocked about 70 lbs off in a little over 3 months and felt amazing over the years though some of the weight has come back, I've been on a journey to reach a healthy weight for the last year as of September 25th and though that has been going well I'm a bit tired of the slow weekly losses and know with Stillmans I can reach my goal so much quicker, so I'm trying to stick with it for the next 12 weeks and hope to lose about 50 lbs. Thankfully I have a copy of both the 14 day shape up and the original qwl diet which I will be alternating week to week to keep from plateauing. So Hi everyone!!!
Congrats on your past success! That is an amazing number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Bratty, is that costco turkey made into patties, or just packaged ground turkey?
It is just packaged ground turkey. I use my food scale and just measure the ounces I want to eat then put the rest in a container. It usually lasts 2-3 days. Less if the hubby eats some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I am back on plan and back where I started after the 10 lb rise on the scale .... It took a lot of clean Stillman's and days of carb withdrawal headaches and bloat ....
Glad you got your 10 back off. Now the rest you lose is new! I am looking forward to get back there.
Quote:
Hi there everyone!

I hope I can join in! My name is Lynn. I have done low carb on and off since 2007.

You should have your gained weight off in no time of you stick with it.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #64
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I am so tired of being hot. I'm angry about being hot! I'm grumpy. I went to Sams to hunt and gather and I was hot. I hate hot. But while I was at Sams I was besotted by a pair of red jeans. So I bought them. They are my next goal pants. They are a straight 18. I'm actually not too far off from being able to fit into them. The exercise will help, and staying on plan will help and I will be wearing me new red jeans by December 1st!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #65
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi there everyone!

I have stocked up on shrimp, fish, chicken, and filet....
Ready set GO!

Love to hear your results the first couple weeks:-)

Nice to meet you guys
Lynn
Welcome! You will do great!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Today is day 3. I was shocked to see I was in ketosis already this morning after just 2 clean days. It usually takes 4. Maybe my body knows the drill and gave in faster this time.
I still have not got on the scale. I am looking forward to getting on it on Wednesday to see what I lose one week in. It is probably too much to ask for the entire 18 pounds I gained? hehehe Realistically I am shooting for 7.

Tomorrow I will be away from home and no where to eat except a cafe type place. I plan to bring a small cooler lunch with tuna salad. Looking forward to spending the day at the Baltimore science center with my kiddos.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I am so tired of being hot. I'm angry about being hot! I'm grumpy. I went to Sams to hunt and gather and I was hot. I hate hot. But while I was at Sams I was besotted by a pair of red jeans. So I bought them. They are my next goal pants. They are a straight 18. I'm actually not too far off from being able to fit into them. The exercise will help, and staying on plan will help and I will be wearing me new red jeans by December 1st!
Weather hot? Me too! The humidity has been terrible the last several day. I am so ready for fall.
I really hope you get those red jeans on by your goal. I should get me a cute outfit to motivate me.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

bratty, enjoy your day! should be a success. Whenever I'm out the whole day, i always drop some weight. you will be exercising and not have much time to eat with those kiddos on your arms. Good Luck!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #69
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well the half pound is gone, but no one went with it! Oh well, tomorrow. Today is about me! I'm not working, the kids are away, and I've nothing to do! So I'm going to read and exercise, and maybe take a bubble bath. Ahhhhhhh, I haven't had a day to myself in a long time! And I'm going to eat shrimp!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning! Well the half pound is gone, but no one went with it! Oh well, tomorrow. Today is about me! I'm not working, the kids are away, and I've nothing to do! So I'm going to read and exercise, and maybe take a bubble bath. Ahhhhhhh, I haven't had a day to myself in a long time! And I'm going to eat shrimp!
Enjoy your day, Mim! You deserve it!!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Enjoy your day, Mim! You deserve it!!
yam-yam: i only just noticed how great you have done since August!:

Mim: we'll take that 1/2 pound-moving in the right direction for sure!!
enjoy your shrimp. I had some the day before yesterday. So delicious.

I'm doing chicken today-and protein shakes earlier this morning.

So amazing how well I feel eating like this and that it really works for me.

Last edited by Shreem; 09-08-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
yam-yam: i only just noticed how great you have done since August!:

Mim: we'll take that 1/2 pound-moving in the right direction for sure!!
enjoy your shrimp. I had some the day before yesterday. So delicious.

I'm doing chicken today-and protein shakes earlier this morning.

So amazing how well I feel eating like this and that it really works for me.
Thanks! It's amazing how different I feel now. I felt so sluggish and well, heavy and burdened down 43 pounds ago!

It is wonderful to find a woe that makes us feel good and happy and energized. We are all on the right track!!

MIM: Yes! What Shreem said! We'll take half a pound gone any day all day. I'm so proud of you. You will be rockin' the red jeans in no time.

I have just enough leftover T-bone steak to have a nice evening meal. Just found some chicken tenders, too, and I might cook those up so they will be handy. I always have frozen tilapia filets on hand because they make an easy meal, packed with lean protein when I need them. Go protein!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam: T-bone steak....you are making me a good hungry. Meat/protein all the way! It feels absolutely incredible to eat this way and have such wonderful support.

low fat zero carb eating with Dr. Stillmans. Feel like I finally found my way.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
hello all my low carb buddies and all of you newbies to Stillman's ! On the East coast it is wet and nasty today and I am having a nice roast beef hot from the oven for dinner tonight .... Fall is upoun us and that means stews and roasts that makes home feel so fragrant with warm, simmering meals that comfort with the cooler weather on its way .... Today I went to the library and I found The Dukan Diet book 2 steps to lose the weight and 2 steps to keep it off forever ..... The roast beef recipe on page 190 is zero carbs .... I will see how the scale likes it in the a.m The recipes and even the swiss army exercise he recommends recently to his patients are very inspiring and it is WOE that I can definitely incorporate along with Stillman's. The Dukan Baked Salmon Parcel recipe I will try soon ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Today is day 3. I was shocked to see I was in ketosis already this morning after just 2 clean days. It usually takes 4. Maybe my body knows the drill and gave in faster this time.
I still have not got on the scale. I am looking forward to getting on it on Wednesday to see what I lose one week in. It is probably too much to ask for the entire 18 pounds I gained? hehehe Realistically I am shooting for 7.

Tomorrow I will be away from home and no where to eat except a cafe type place. I plan to bring a small cooler lunch with tuna salad. Looking forward to spending the day at the Baltimore science center with my kiddos.
Tuna salad is awesome wrapped in lettuce and packs up nice in a lil cooler .... Have a safe and wonderful day !!!!!

Quote:

I adore lavender bubble baths especially before bed .... Yum to Shrimp after a meal of shrimp the scale is usually kinder in the a.m to to me ! perhaps you as well Enjoy !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks! It's amazing how different I feel now. I felt so sluggish and well, heavy and burdened down 43 pounds ago!

It is wonderful to find a woe that makes us feel good and happy and energized. We are all on the right track!!

MIM: Yes! What Shreem said! We'll take half a pound gone any day all day. I'm so proud of you. You will be rockin' the red jeans in no time.

I have just enough leftover T-bone steak to have a nice evening meal. Just found some chicken tenders, too, and I might cook those up so they will be handy. I always have frozen tilapia filets on hand because they make an easy meal, packed with lean protein when I need them. Go protein!
mmmmmmm T. Bone
Old 09-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #76
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! My shrimp for two meals netted me a pound loss! I always lose well when I eat fish. The next two days will be odd - today is the church picnic. I will have two hot dogs, and deviled eggs. I need to eat substantial for breakfast 'cause I'm hungry! I'll eat fish later today for my final meal. Tomorrow I have a lunch meeting and lunch is being provided. I think they are having Olive Garden soup and salad. I'lm pondering eating a bit of salad - I know there are carbs in the dressing but really not many. The other option is for me to eat before I go and just not eat anything there. I'm leaning toward that option since I'm meeting a friend for dinner at a steak house. I'll be low carb there and won't even have a glass of wine. Tuesday is my weigh in. And on that note - Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Sunday to all...we're getting thunderstorms on West coast of Florida this morning...so dark at 9:20 AM the lights are on in our condo parking lot! We're heading off to the art museum in a bit since it won't be a good "outdoor" day to day. Probably do a little shopping later too. Think today will be a quick lunch of Tyson chicken chunks, and then chicken burgers for dinner.

Still up 1 lb. from my Disney weekend...which is OK I guess (had popped up 10 lbs. in 3 days!) Still have 2 more days to get a full week back on plan so hoping by Tuesday this lb. and maybe a little more goes away

Mim...way to go on losing-with-shrimp. I love shrimp but it never lasts me 2 meals because I can't stop eating it, lol. On you lunch meeting...maybe take some cooked chicken breast & toss that in the salad. We've done that when we know lettuce salad is on the menu

Angel, that pot roast sounds good...and I know what you mean about cooler days/homey feeling foods in the house. But right now we're in Florida for a couple of months so no "Fall is here" yet for us...still the hot & rainy season in the Southeast. We're from Nebraska (live there about 1/2 the year) and it's really a brain-disconnect to get out of the car on a 90 F. day and walk into the store and it's full of Fall leaves & pumpkin decor, Fall spice candle scents, and Halloween & Thanksgiving stuff all over...yet it's sunny and hot here (or warm & rainy like this morning!) We'll be back in Nebraska for a few days this upcoming week...will be interesting to see if we have Fall weather there.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazzbot
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: Atkins 6/21/12 Stillman's 9/8/12
Stillman's Newbie

Hey everyone!

I'm new. I've been on Atkins since June and I've lost very slowly. I started Stillman's yesterday & I'm so hungry LOL.

Also I've noticed my ketone sticks have gone from deep purple to light pink. I'm guessing they were registering the fat I was eating rather than the weight loss all along. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway hopefully this will work! How is everyone doing?

Jazz
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazzbot
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: Atkins 6/21/12 Stillman's 9/8/12
Another Question

I got the Jenny-o Turkey burgers that said "low fat" when I look at the nutritional info it says 15 grams- is that too high?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning! My shrimp for two meals netted me a pound loss! I always lose well when I eat fish. The next two days will be odd - today is the church picnic. I will have two hot dogs, and deviled eggs. I need to eat substantial for breakfast 'cause I'm hungry! I'll eat fish later today for my final meal. Tomorrow I have a lunch meeting and lunch is being provided. I think they are having Olive Garden soup and salad. I'lm pondering eating a bit of salad - I know there are carbs in the dressing but really not many. The other option is for me to eat before I go and just not eat anything there. I'm leaning toward that option since I'm meeting a friend for dinner at a steak house. I'll be low carb there and won't even have a glass of wine. Tuesday is my weigh in. And on that note - Happy Sunday everyone!
Awesome mim I am so happy the shrimp helped you get down on the scale ! I love Shrimp too .... however just like Catne I eat too many and I love it grilled , cocktail , fried , broiled in butter etc.... oh, my to shrimp !
Good luck on low carbing it and btw I think The Olive Garden makes a salad with grilled shrimp or fish be careful of prepared chicken some are preserved with sugars and tons of sodium .... I hope you enjoyed your bubble bath on your day off ! Happy Sunday!

Quote:
Happy Sunday to all...we're getting thunderstorms on West coast of Florida this morning...so dark at 9:20 AM the lights are on in our condo parking lot! We're heading off to the art museum in a bit since it won't be a good "outdoor" day to day. Probably do a little shopping later too. Think today will be a quick lunch of Tyson chicken chunks, and then chicken burgers for dinner.

Still up 1 lb. from my Disney weekend...which is OK I guess (had popped up 10 lbs. in 3 days!) Still have 2 more days to get a full week back on plan so hoping by Tuesday this lb. and maybe a little more goes away

Mim...way to go on losing-with-shrimp. I love shrimp but it never lasts me 2 meals because I can't stop eating it, lol. On you lunch meeting...maybe take some cooked chicken breast & toss that in the salad. We've done that when we know lettuce salad is on the menu

Angel, that pot roast sounds good...and I know what you mean about cooler days/homey feeling foods in the house. But right now we're in Florida for a couple of months so no "Fall is here" yet for us...still the hot & rainy season in the Southeast. We're from Nebraska (live there about 1/2 the year) and it's really a brain-disconnect to get out of the car on a 90 F. day and walk into the store and it's full of Fall leaves & pumpkin decor, Fall spice candle scents, and Halloween & Thanksgiving stuff all over...yet it's sunny and hot here (or warm & rainy like this morning!) We'll be back in Nebraska for a few days this upcoming week...will be interesting to see if we have Fall weather there.
Oh, Catne .... I had to chuckle .... When I lived in Tampa, I remember decorating palm trees with Christmas tree lights , Surfing Santa's and pink Flamingo's wearing Santa hats on our grass lawn .... Now I am worried about snow storms .... I did enjoy Florida winters, if you think 60 degrees in February is winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbot View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm new. I've been on Atkins since June and I've lost very slowly. I started Stillman's yesterday & I'm so hungry LOL.

Also I've noticed my ketone sticks have gone from deep purple to light pink. I'm guessing they were registering the fat I was eating rather than the weight loss all along. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway hopefully this will work! How is everyone doing?

Jazz
To Stillman's .... On Stillman's low fat, high protein , no carb diet I had no need to check my stats with ketosis .... within 4 days I was in fat burning mode .... You should get a significant drop on the scale with clean Stillman's by your 4th day .... Drink water , take vitamins and supplements .... You may get a headache or flu like aches it is expected with carb withdrawal also massage your lower legs to prevent cramps from this diet another symptom of ketosis .... Good luck !
Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

With today's BBQ I am low carbing it ! I am not going to stress too much I will keep it simple and low carb .... I am also not going to stress over the scale I have a pair of Jeans as my guide .... Happy and safe Sunday to all !!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi Cy, Size2 and Jazz ! Cy, I swear I remember you !

here's to a lovely Sunday !
Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #83
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhhhhh, what a lovely day! I had 2 hot dogs and a bit of sauerkraut at the picnic. Not what I would usually have, but it was a good choice, given what else there was. I'm going to have shrimp again for dinner. The only way I can limit myself is to thaw only a reasonable portion! Right now, what tastes good to me is hot shrimp, but I also often have cold shrimp. I have bags of need to cook and just need to thaw. After the picnic i went to my daughter's house and did laundry. I don't have a washer/dryer. Since this is an interim position I haven't bought one. My daughter lives close. Anyway, I did my laundry and way watched a baseball game and now I'm home relaxing!

I did have a lovely bubble bath yesterday!

Hi CC! You haven't been around much! You are missed!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbot View Post
I got the Jenny-o Turkey burgers that said "low fat" when I look at the nutritional info it says 15 grams- is that too high?
Hi Jazzbot, and welcome to Stillman's...think you'll like this plan if you're tired of slow losing on Atkins (look at my signature...we did well on ATkins for awhile, then stalled out/slowed down too much and switched to Stillman's. Much better & steadier losses with Stillman's. We have the occasional Atkins steak & salad meal to break up the boredom, but mostly stick with Stillman's low fat/very low carb routine.

As to the Jennie O turkey burgers...I try to buy the burgers that are labeled 93/7 (93% fat free) but not all stores carry all varieties so sometimes we end up with the 15 gram version (which would be 85/15 on the other kind of fat labeling.) We just fry them, or grill them...and then squeeze out the fat before eating by blotting with paper towels. I figure that gets them down to lower fat.

That hunger the first few days...my advice is just keep eating very lean protein even if you think you're maybe over-eating. Eat more turkey burgers, lol. The crazy hunger really will go away about day 4 or 5, really it will. Helps to drink a lot of water, too, will help flush the system. I know on the Atkins threads there's a lot of discussion that it's the high fat that keeps you satiated...but we've all found that high protein/low fat/very low carbs also controls the appetite pretty well. Hubby & I find that keeping it very, very simple with minimum seasonings and no attempt to make familiar recipes/tastes helps stay on plan. It's boring, but easy. And helps us learn to quit focusing on food so much!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{MIM}}}}} and yay on the red hot jeans, you'll be in them in no time ! Mmmmmmmmm, dogs and kraut, mmmmmm

saw an old friend that I haven't seen in a month and he said 'yer still losin' weight!'

OMG, did that feel good!

Cat I just saw your lowest weight in five years, go you !

IMHO I tried premade turkey burgers and they are LOADED with salt.........better off making your own.........just sayin'

a pleasant night y'all, the beginning of football widow season is upon us LOL (it's okay, I like FB)
Old 09-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

so eating was very good today. we had a birthday dinner out tonight, so there is absolutely no kind of restaurant food the ever makes me feel good. i feel so much better eating at home, but sometimes I have to be social. So I ordered a salad with grilled shrimp and scallops. I left all the veggies and just ate the fish. There was no dressings or anything, but spices and stuff that is not so plain. I had coffee with spenda for dessert, so I did very well. Ate plenty of meat during the day, as I knew it would be light eating at dinner and I would leave hungry. Walked several hours with my dogs in the park this morning and again in the afternoon.

jazbot: so happy to have you join us. We all love love love stillmans and I have found i feel so much better and more energy eating this way, and leaving the fats behind. I have energy again, and the weight falls off so quickly by eating low fat, protein and low carb. After a couple days your hunger will go away. I do know that atkins kinds of teaches a person to like fat (after being so against it at first), then coming off a high fat diet feels strange at first, but now it's awesome after that initial adjustment. If you were really into your fats on atkins, then it may take a couple weeks to adjust to the new plan, but once you are off them you will loose the desire to eat them. once you start burning real body fat on stillmans, you can check those sticks again and see if you are burning fat. they should turn purple again. i think on atkins that it was always directly related to all the fat i had just eaten, rather than any bodily fat burning.??
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Jazzbot, and welcome to Stillman's...think you'll like this plan if you're tired of slow losing on Atkins (look at my signature...we did well on ATkins for awhile, then stalled out/slowed down too much and switched to Stillman's. Much better & steadier losses with Stillman's. We have the occasional Atkins steak & salad meal to break up the boredom, but mostly stick with Stillman's low fat/very low carb routine.

As to the Jennie O turkey burgers...I try to buy the burgers that are labeled 93/7 (93% fat free) but not all stores carry all varieties so sometimes we end up with the 15 gram version (which would be 85/15 on the other kind of fat labeling.) We just fry them, or grill them...and then squeeze out the fat before eating by blotting with paper towels. I figure that gets them down to lower fat.

That hunger the first few days...my advice is just keep eating very lean protein even if you think you're maybe over-eating. Eat more turkey burgers, lol. The crazy hunger really will go away about day 4 or 5, really it will. Helps to drink a lot of water, too, will help flush the system. I know on the Atkins threads there's a lot of discussion that it's the high fat that keeps you satiated...but we've all found that high protein/low fat/very low carbs also controls the appetite pretty well. Hubby & I find that keeping it very, very simple with minimum seasonings and no attempt to make familiar recipes/tastes helps stay on plan. It's boring, but easy. And helps us learn to quit focusing on food so much!
Catne: you know what I have actually found is that all that fat increased my hunger. It was not a satiating feeling for me at all. I think I'm wired differently, but when I keep the fat out of my system, I run much better!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Is there anyone that thinks that maybe there is not just one and only "system" of eating for everyone? that we are all different and we have to listen to our own bodies and eat in a way that we each feel healthiest and keeps our weight in check? In other words there is not one size fits all "diet". I know lots of people that love atkins, do well on it and stay think, satisfied.

I,for instance, was hungry all the time with that fat, developed ulta high cholesterol in just a couple months, had a leg and arm that consistently started to go numb at night. Once I got off the high fat and went back to a lower calorie/low fat and high protein way of eating--I felt healthy again. When I started atkins I was really looking for a way to eat all I wanted and still be thin. That really back fired on me. I was thin almost all my life eating a stillman's way of eating without knowing it. The best part about starting atkins and having it fail for me was that I really learned about foods and I had to did in to conciously learn what to eat to stay thin and then stick to my guns and not let other people sway me off my path to health.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #89
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Grrrrrr - I'm up a pound. I didn't eat shrimp, I had some low carb meatloaf that I had made. I can eat beef and not gain, but probably the combination of hot dogs, kraut, and meatloaf got me! That plus it may be just a normal fluctuation. I'm having fish for breakfast and for lunch. I'm taking tuna to the lunch meeting. If I need to eat, I'll eat that. I'm going out to dinner tonight at a steak house and I'll have salmon. It actually wouldn't be such a big deal - the pound will go. But tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and I would like to show a loss!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #90
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Shreem - I know what you mean about there not being a one size fits all diet. I know that stillman's is what I need to feel good and lose weight. I've tried all the diets ever known to humans, and a few known only to animals! Stillman's is what works for me, and even within Stillman's I know what I can eat to maximize weight loss!
Closed Thread