Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Hi all...have been soooooo busy...sold house, moved to a villa-style apartment (from small town to big city...after 30+ years in rural lifestyle, loving the amenities of big city)

AND we just drove back to our Florida condo. Right in time to miss Tropical Storm Isaac. Well, we got a lot of rain, and some more on the way, but missed major wind/tornadoes, etc. Hoping my friends on the northern Gulf also get a not-so-major storm when Isaac gets there.

Good news is, after just sitting there at the same weight for most of August, lost 3 lbs between Friday & Monday (on the road, no less) I did the same thing as our July trip...took all our food with us in a cooler and we stuck with very clean eating all 3 days.) So I was very happy with that...was beginning to think the whole month of August was looking like a stall.

And best of all...that 3 lbs. put me to a major-milestone-weight-loss:

50 lbs. gone since 3/6/2012.

Haven't had a whole lot of time to read back through the thread...sure I've missed some...will try to catch up over the next couple of days. GLAD to be able to sit & rest after all the sell the house/close the deal/pack/move/unpack and then drive 3 days. Well you can guess I'm ready for a BREAK!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
congrats on the 50lbs catne!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

I have been so sick the last 2 days, my poor little nose is bright red and of course today was the first day of school I was hoping to be less tired and sick sounding when having to introduce myself but oh well! when I am better I will be my happy self hopefully this won't make a bad first impression.

I ate terribly yesterday you know because I was sick and could eat whatever I wanted but I decided that wouldn't help me get better any faster plus I cant taste so I may as well eat chicken so I was up a pound today but after a couple days of not being able to taste and therefore just eating meat I will be back on track and hopefully all better!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hi all...have been soooooo busy...sold house, moved to a villa-style apartment (from small town to big city...after 30+ years in rural lifestyle, loving the amenities of big city)

AND we just drove back to our Florida condo. Right in time to miss Tropical Storm Isaac. Well, we got a lot of rain, and some more on the way, but missed major wind/tornadoes, etc. Hoping my friends on the northern Gulf also get a not-so-major storm when Isaac gets there.

Good news is, after just sitting there at the same weight for most of August, lost 3 lbs between Friday & Monday (on the road, no less) I did the same thing as our July trip...took all our food with us in a cooler and we stuck with very clean eating all 3 days.) So I was very happy with that...was beginning to think the whole month of August was looking like a stall.

Haven't had a whole lot of time to read back through the thread...sure I've missed some...will try to catch up over the next couple of days. GLAD to be able to sit & rest after all the sell the house/close the deal/pack/move/unpack and then drive 3 days. Well you can guess I'm ready for a BREAK!
oh my gosh!! 50 pounds is just spectacular. Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment is such a short amount of time.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been so sick the last 2 days, my poor little nose is bright red and of course today was the first day of school I was hoping to be less tired and sick sounding when having to introduce myself but oh well! when I am better I will be my happy self hopefully this won't make a bad first impression.

I ate terribly yesterday you know because I was sick and could eat whatever I wanted but I decided that wouldn't help me get better any faster plus I cant taste so I may as well eat chicken so I was up a pound today but after a couple days of not being able to taste and therefore just eating meat I will be back on track and hopefully all better!
that's the way, get right on track and eat your meat, protein.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Catne: also major congrats on the sale of the house, packing unpackings, etc!!! You are doing some awesome work in your entire life. Thanks for sharing all of that.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
i lost 50lbs in 6 months when I was 20
I gain so easily but back then it seemed I could lose easily too. Getting older is for the birds.

I wasn't that hungry today. Well, nothing really sounds appetizing anyway with the choices we have, lol.

I wanted to have more cottage cheese but I realized I accidentally bought the lo fat kind with pineapple in it

my eats today:

~cottage cheese

~ 2 chicken breasts(thin sliced)

That's not a lot of food!

I made my family a cheesy chicken and broccoli with rice thing..nom nom nom. At least I get to smell it!
I made the mistake two times in a row, bought cottage cheese with pineapple. it's easy to do. i threw mine out. I think you did very good yesterday. was the chicken real chicken grilled at home, or sliced from the deli?
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking I haven't been drinking as much crystal light and therefore water this time around, maybe the lack of water is making my weight loss slow?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was thinking I haven't been drinking as much crystal light and therefore water this time around, maybe the lack of water is making my weight loss slow?
absolutely have to drink lots of water. water is actually fat burning. it washes the ketones out of your body, too. drink drink drink.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
absolutely have to drink lots of water. water is actually fat burning. it washes the ketones out of your body, too. drink drink drink.
Being sick and dehydrated kinda made the light go off in my head like I was never really thirsty last time cuz I was drinking so much water and aside from
The new bc I am on that's the only difference.

Actually I stick to plan now more than before so I guess that would be another big difference but I don't see that hindering weight loss

I just drank1.5 litres of water and I will yet back to my 3 litres I drank last time and see if that helps!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

I always drink at least 3 L, but usually double that. i had two days at a work location i am normally not at. there was no water, but they had coffee and diet soda, so i drank that. i did not feel like myself when coming home last night. the first day i didn't notice so much, but by 2pm yesterday I knew i didn't have enough water. I drank a lot when i got home, but it took a while to get rehydrated. will take my own huge 2 liter bottle today
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Help!!
I went off plan in a major way over the weekend..it's extremely hard to come back to this Uber strict way of eating.
I've been 'clean,' since Monday but eating more like Atkins.

I don't know if I can or should do Stillmans.
I think my metabolism is shot and I don't want to do anything to mess it up further.
I reeeeeally want to lose this weight of course but I'm unsure how I should go about that anymore. I've been chasing my tail for so long.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Hi all my low carb friends !!!! and all new ones .... I have been off plan for so long and I miss that on plan feeling and the rewards of losing weight .... I have yet to weigh myself too scared to look however; after doing my clean day of strict Stillman's today I will have no choice to face up to the damage that occurred over the past several weeks tomorrow morning .... I realize the rewards of great tasty carby foods only spiral me to eat out of control and get fat .... I was very sick after getting my tooth extracted about 5 days into my Amoxicillan antibiotics I had a severe reaction .... I had taken this antibiotic before and this was all an unfortunate surprise I had trouble breathing and chest pains accompanied by an itch of tiny lil pimples on my finger that drove me insane to scratch picture your worse skeeter bite .... I was losing weight just from being sick then after I recovered I totally went over board .... I am on the wagon and I am glad to be back too !!!! I am glad I nipped it in time instead of making up another excuse that oh, my usual after the new year ritual diet .... I am back on Stillman's because it really does work .... I do Atkin's but that is a slippery slope for me .... I can count on Atkin's for the holidays to stray in a tasty low carb way and then find my way back to Stillman's .... Sugar + Starch = Fat I will be planning my Labour Day holiday with Atkin inspired recipes for now and I just want to get to where I left off before going off the wagon ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Help!!
I went off plan in a major way over the weekend..it's extremely hard to come back to this Uber strict way of eating.

I think my metabolism is shot and I don't want to do anything to mess it up further.
I reeeeeally want to lose this weight of course but I'm unsure how I should go about that anymore. I've been chasing my tail for so long.
Hi Betty it is extremely hard to follow but you can do it .... I think you have to decide just how much you want to lose weight and make your decision .... Take small steps like Atkins is a better choice than full blown careless eating so far you are doing so well .... And gradually get back on Stillman's when you are ready .... I hate eggs too but I make a thin crepe of about 2 eggs and sprinkle Stevia on it and it tastes a lil better to eat .... Lunch is turkey breast with dijon mustard mixed with stevia (mock honey mustard sauce) .... I make plenty so I can just munch on it hot or cold .... drink your water and if you drink coffee drink that too ( I drink espresso ) .... Take a multi vitamin and supplements too think healthy foods for your body lean protein and fish .... I know it is so hard we can do this together! I will reach my goal someday.... how about you ?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey y'all, happy birthday Betty! Sorry to be awol but I only have Mum until Sunday.....the the next time I see her will be Thanksgiving.

JIMHO, metabolism is a myth. Locarb/paleo makes everything work like it is supposed to. We didn't have any fat ancestors............

freezing here this morning (44F) so I made a big ole pot of turkey soup. Mum loves eating paleo, she doesn't get to eat eggs at home (Dad thinks they are evil) or fish (he can't stand the smell) so she's in cavegirl heaven here

zucchini chips???????? must research! TTYL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Betty !!!! and to you Catne !!!! Turkey soup please, share the recipe CC yea cave woman we rock !!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Good luck today everyone !!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Good to see you back Angel! Now that your mouth has healed it will be a lot easier to get back in the Stillman's losing mode. No fun getting reaction to antibiotics...my daughter reacts to amoxicillin (and similar penicillin type antibio)She broke out in hives, and then had bad gut problems too so now they have to give her the much more expensive meds to fight infections. Not fun. Glad you're feeling better now.

As for my current losses...well, we're going to Disney World for my birthday this weekend. And I'm not dieting this time (actually ate very, very carefully last time we went,and still popped up 7 lbs. in a 5 day trip. With no conscious cheats at all! No bread/no dessert/no pasta...no carby stuff at all. Yet still gained, so I think there's lot of hidden carbs in the pixie-dust they shake on the food there. Which is probably why it all tasted so good, lol.) So anyway, hubby & I decided we've been extra-super-good about sticking with the program for nearly 6 months now so we're taking 3 day weekend and enjoying whatever we want. Figure we'd gain again anyhow, even if we thought we were being very careful. So I'm sure it will pop the weight up, but we KNOW how to lose it again. Life is too short to not take a chance and enjoy a variety of food on occasion...

Last edited by catne; 08-29-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hey y'all, happy birthday Betty! Sorry to be awol but I only have Mum until Sunday.....the the next time I see her will be Thanksgiving.

JIMHO, metabolism is a myth. Locarb/paleo makes everything work like it is supposed to. We didn't have any fat ancestors............

freezing here this morning (44F) so I made a big ole pot of turkey soup. Mum loves eating paleo, she doesn't get to eat eggs at home (Dad thinks they are evil) or fish (he can't stand the smell) so she's in cavegirl heaven here

zucchini chips???????? must research! TTYL!!!!!!!!!!!
you are right on the spot with the metabolism thing. stillman got it working like a charm again (after my big atkins mistake. all the fat is not for me).
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
you are right on the spot with the metabolism thing. stillman got it working like a charm again (after my big atkins mistake. all the fat is not for me).
Singing to the choir, Shreem

My FAVORITE meat is a big fatty ribeye steak, preferably swimming in a pool of garlic butter.

But cannot lose eating like that. Given the choice between burning my huge store of fat all over my body...or just using the fat I eat, my body cleverly chooses to utilize only the fat I eat if I'm eating it. So the only way to burn it, for me, is to quit eating it

I cringe every time I see someone on the main board suggest a stall will be broken by upping the fat. Might work for some people, but seems like a lot who try upping the fat (and upping the carbs) get nowhere fast. I know Atkins suggested breaking a stall with a "fat fast" where you ate almost nothing but fat...but my recollection was that was something you did for just a few days, then went back to the regular quantities, not high fat all the time. Don't know where the notion of high-fat came from, really. It's almost like people said "low fat" diets are bad for you so "high fat" must be good for you? I don't know? All the people going month after month with no losses & no cheats...but eating all the excess calories in all the high-fat fancy multi-ingredient casseroles & desserts. Sure it makes a diet that is easy to stay on...but it also makes it a diet that it is very slow to lose anything. Been there, done that and it is no fun at all. I can't go that slow on the losing...losing a lb. a month might be OK when you're down to your last 5 lbs., but if you have a 100 to lose...would take you nearly 10 years to lose it

Last edited by catne; 08-29-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Help!!

Betty, i think atkins or stillmans or any low carb program is good in terms of how I feel emotionally. The low carb approach keeps me sane and i don't experience cravings or food binges. maybe you want to focus on how you FEEL for a while. i know someone that eats atkins for the pure health reason and how she feels, so much more in control with her eating and her emotional health. she is not eating that way to lose weight and she said she would love to loose, but that's not her prime purpose. maybe after you get use to eating low carb and find a way that is more comfortable and happy for you--the way to weight loss will emerge and become clearer to you. your photo is beautiful and you look as if you might be athletic. maybe focus on becoming fit through walking, sports or whatever you love doing and allow yourself to feel happy and less stressed.....
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Singing to the choir, Shreem

My FAVORITE meat is a big fatty ribeye steak, preferably swimming in a pool of garlic butter.

But cannot lose eating like that. Given the choice between burning my huge store of fat all over my body...or just using the fat I eat, my body cleverly chooses to utilize only the fat I eat if I'm eating it. So the only way to burn it, for me, is to quit eating it

I cringe every time I see someone on the main board suggest a stall will be broken by upping the fat. Might work for some people, but seems like a lot who try upping the fat (and upping the carbs) get nowhere fast. I know Atkins suggested breaking a stall with a "fat fast" where you ate almost nothing but fat...but my recollection was that was something you did for just a few days, then went back to the regular quantities, not high fat all the time. Don't know where the notion of high-fat came from, really. It's almost like people said "low fat" diets are bad for you so "high fat" must be good for you? I don't know? All the people going month after month with no losses & no cheats...but eating all the excess calories in all the high-fat fancy multi-ingredient casseroles & desserts. Sure it makes a diet that is easy to stay on...but it also makes it a diet that it is very slow to lose anything. Been there, done that and it is no fun at all. I can't go that slow on the losing...losing a lb. a month might be OK when you're down to your last 5 lbs., but if you have a 100 to lose...would take you nearly 10 years to lose it
Katne: so wonderful to have your input.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

hiyas ! eek ! I weighed myself today and the scale went up 10 lbs ! all that careless eating shame on me .... I am on my day two of Stillman's I am on super strict Stillman's just what is on the list for QWL.... I am at least glad I am back on plan before I gained it all back .... I missed checkin in and that is a great big no - no ! I am going for a walk tonite and I feel so much like my ol' Stillman self again !!!! Catne Best wishes to you awesome virgo ! Enjoy yourselves and have a safe and wonderful trip to Disney ! You deserve it ! It is slow on LCF as summer comes to an end but it shall pick up this is the best WOE and we do not have to be a genius to figure it out that yes is Stillman's boring but hey follow it correctly and it is fail proof .... I have tried many and this does the trick fat just melts off ....
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Betty, i think atkins or stillmans or any low carb program is good in terms of how I feel emotionally. The low carb approach keeps me sane and i don't experience cravings or food binges. maybe you want to focus on how you FEEL for a while. i know someone that eats atkins for the pure health reason and how she feels, so much more in control with her eating and her emotional health. she is not eating that way to lose weight and she said she would love to loose, but that's not her prime purpose. maybe after you get use to eating low carb and find a way that is more comfortable and happy for you--the way to weight loss will emerge and become clearer to you. your photo is beautiful and you look as if you might be athletic. maybe focus on becoming fit through walking, sports or whatever you love doing and allow yourself to feel happy and less stressed.....

Old 08-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

mmmmmmmmmmm..... juicy rib eye one of my favorite cuts of beef too Catne
Old 08-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Have nice nite to all and a great day of Stillman's tomorrow .... keep up the positive and keep a skirt or pants the next size down to guide you as you go along, it really works .... truly feeling my pants getting tighter set off the alarms !!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
hiyas ! eek ! I weighed myself today and the scale went up 10 lbs ! all that careless eating shame on me .... I am on my day two of Stillman's I am on super strict Stillman's just what is on the list for QWL.... I am at least glad I am back on plan before I gained it all back .... I missed checkin in and that is a great big no - no ! I am going for a walk tonite and I feel so much like my ol' Stillman self again !!!! Catne Best wishes to you awesome virgo ! Enjoy yourselves and have a safe and wonderful trip to Disney ! You deserve it ! It is slow on LCF as summer comes to an end but it shall pick up this is the best WOE and we do not have to be a genius to figure it out that yes is Stillman's boring but hey follow it correctly and it is fail proof .... I have tried many and this does the trick fat just melts off ....
Thanks for being here and thanks for that true vote of encouragement about staying strict and that it does work!!! You are so correct.

I think it's also important to be prepared with the right food in advance. for work this week, I took chicken patty's to eat at my desk while I chugged away at my work and not even interested in food. But yesterday I didn't take my lunch and the day before it was only a greek yogurt-because I did not have the right stuff in the fridge. So after two days of basically skipping lunch, I was famished last night and especially this morning. I ate lots of meat this morning, so I'm starting to feel better. I had 8 ounces chicken breast, 4 ounces ground beef and a protein shake. That'a a lot of food by noon time, but I'm focused to just eat my meats and proteins today, which is virtually zero carb day. the calories are below a 1000, but it's still early in the day and I know i will be eating again.

i guess what I'm saying is that its important for me to eat frequently through out the day, and not try to do two meals. I have four full days with this holiday weekend to straighten it out. i don't think i gained weight, but i don't feel right. I also did not drink enough fluids at the beginning of the week, but took large water bottles wed and thurs.

also my pool was closed this week for cleaning, so i walked in the park instead, but for me the swimming is a major great way to start my day.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Have nice nite to all and a great day of Stillman's tomorrow .... keep up the positive and keep a skirt or pants the next size down to guide you as you go along, it really works .... truly feeling my pants getting tighter set off the alarms !!!!
Angelstill, such good advice on the pant size. I swim every morning, and putting a swimming suit on everyday is higher motivation for me that even the scale. the scale i can hide from everyone, but that swimming suite--it's all out there.

Angelstill, i love coming to this site where eating no veggies is supported. I have this group that does atkins that I participated in a lot before finally finding stillmans. I keep going there everyday and posting--getting myself in trouble, because they are very structured with the high fat, lots of veggies and they think i'm wrong. then when I read everything they are eating, i kind of start to get off track. I'm going to try to make a goal and not even look at there posts this entire weekend. it will be hard, because they are friend and it's a bit addictive, but they list all the things they are eating and it's quite liberal for my way of keeping thin. However, I'm nearly the only person that consistently maintains my goals. i keep wanting to help them and tell them how to do stillmans, but they do not want to hear it. i have to let that go.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

I am down 3 lbs in two days already and if that does not say enough how wonderful Stillman's works for weight loss .... I am sold on this way of eating. It was just my luck to come across this diet when I searched diets that work quickly sans being anorexic or mia .... I wanted super fast results and if I really stick to my guns I will be at my goal in no time .... Atkins is a tasty low carb treat for me to not get thrown off the wagon too harshly lol I can enjoy the low carbs and then easily shift back to Stillman's with out too much damage on the scale and minium cravings .... I am so happy to be on plan and look forward to tomorrow's drop on the scale .... I get rewarded each morning if I am good and strict the day before and that includes drinking a lot of water to flush it out I am so proud of myself too for the first time in years I went off the deep end for weeks and found my way back ....
Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Angelstill, such good advice on the pant size. I swim every morning, and putting a swimming suit on everyday is higher motivation for me that even the scale. the scale i can hide from everyone, but that swimming suite--it's all out there.

Angelstill, i love coming to this site where eating no veggies is supported. I have this group that does atkins that I participated in a lot before finally finding stillmans. I keep going there everyday and posting--getting myself in trouble, because they are very structured with the high fat, lots of veggies and they think i'm wrong. then when I read everything they are eating, i kind of start to get off track. I'm going to try to make a goal and not even look at there posts this entire weekend. it will be hard, because they are friend and it's a bit addictive, but they list all the things they are eating and it's quite liberal for my way of keeping thin. However, I'm nearly the only person that consistently maintains my goals. i keep wanting to help them and tell them how to do stillmans, but they do not want to hear it. i have to let that go.

Yes it is important to let it go Shreem .... People even myself had to learn the hard way which way will the weight come off .... I think seeing ourselves shrink in the mirror is proof enough and it is a personal decision on how much reaching your goal weight matters .... I feel a difference in my clothes and if they get too tight then it is time to get strict lol I was not sold onto this WOE by anyone but me .... I researched, tried and was extremely pleased .... I am glad we are on the same page too ....
Closed Thread