Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Shreem, I don't think you can change your screen name, but the user control panel may help, or not.........

Mim, have a wonderful vaycay!

welcome Betty! You are a siren! (gorgeous) Hawaii and you will get on famously!

still planning for the visit........my fridge looks like a farmers market

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Happy Sunday ladies!!! I have fallen off the wagon for about a week...gone back to my old ways of emotional eating. Today I woke up and realized I can't let it get to me because all the good food I eat will only make me put weight on which will make me unhappy in the long run! I weighed myself this morning and I so far I'm up 1.5 from last week and it's TOM. So hopefully that is the extent of the damage of this week and I can get on track! I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow but I plan on exercising and eating LC as much as possible while there. I agree with you ladies about feeling better while eating clean! I look forward to that feeling again!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
aww, thanks CCGirl..
is that you in your profile pic? We're the same height..you give me hope considering you started at a high weight as well.

How long has it taken you to get down?

I have a question..
what constitutes 'lo fat,' meat? I like to buy beef chunks for stew and 4oz has 4.5fat..too high??

We also have a freezer full of ground venison that needs eating!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
Happy Sunday ladies!!! I have fallen off the wagon for about a week...gone back to my old ways of emotional eating. Today I woke up and realized I can't let it get to me because all the good food I eat will only make me put weight on which will make me unhappy in the long run! I weighed myself this morning and I so far I'm up 1.5 from last week and it's TOM. So hopefully that is the extent of the damage of this week and I can get on track! I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow but I plan on exercising and eating LC as much as possible while there. I agree with you ladies about feeling better while eating clean! I look forward to that feeling again!
Great job for posting and getting right back there! I had an atkins (higher fat day for two days). I didn't gain, but i'm going strict today. you have to get through that first day to take the edge off and then you start feeling better right away!! Eat yout low fat protein. push through and you will be glad you did.

Last edited by Shreem; 08-19-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Shreem, I don't think you can change your screen name, but the user control panel may help, or not.........

Mim, have a wonderful vaycay!

welcome Betty! You are a siren! (gorgeous) Hawaii and you will get on famously!

still planning for the visit........my fridge looks like a farmers market
thank you CCGirl. I tried the control panel and didn't see it anywhere. maybe i just start a new account with my name, or otherwise just forget it. Shreem is fine!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Today is supposed to be my first day.
I'm scared it's not going to work, isn't that silly? Or maybe I'm afraid of failing IT.

I've lost zero lbs on Atkins so far. Well I take that back. I lost 5lbs in 5 days, then I went away for a week, gained it back(with fruit??) and it hasn't gone anywhere in the two weeks that I went back on.

It can't be this complicated to lose weight. I think I've been trying for so long I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Because it can't be this complicated, it can't!

Going on these types of diets(such as Stillmans, no offense!) can't be the only way for me to lose?

I don't know..
Old 08-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

This will be my last push for weight loss. Just to prove that I can at least lose weight, even if it's drastic. I'm shooting for 10lbs in a month(probably lofty) after that I probably need to take a break and reset/rest my metabolism.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
Today is supposed to be my first day.
I'm scared it's not going to work, isn't that silly? Or maybe I'm afraid of failing IT.

I've lost zero lbs on Atkins so far. Well I take that back. I lost 5lbs in 5 days, then I went away for a week, gained it back(with fruit??) and it hasn't gone anywhere in the two weeks that I went back on.

It can't be this complicated to lose weight. I think I've been trying for so long I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Because it can't be this complicated, it can't!

Going on these types of diets(such as Stillmans, no offense!) can't be the only way for me to lose?

I don't know..
Quote:
This will be my last push for weight loss. Just to prove that I can at least lose weight, even if it's drastic. I'm shooting for 10lbs in a month(probably lofty) after that I probably need to take a break and reset/rest my metabolism.
Don't be scared! Follow it to a tee and it WILL work! It's tough and restrictive, but your self-control and willpower pays off and seeing the numbers on the scale drop will be your biggest motivator! Take it from someone who's had success. There are people that have tried Atkins with little success who come here and, to their surprise, get the results they were looking for. 10 lbs in a month is most definitely possible! If you stick to it strictly, you'll probably lose 5-10 lbs the first week and up to 5 lbs per week afterwards with no cheats. Continue posting here to keep yourself accountable and I'd suggest posting your menus for the first few days to get some feedback. Everyone here is friendly, supportive, and more than willing to help! Good luck, you can do it!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

betty: little lavendars advise is really good! i had a rough time on atkins. gain on induction, then lost and got it to work-then over night it stopped working and all the fat was making me feel not good. so i kind of felt like i started out with excellent health and went backwards. once i stayed very strict with stillmans, i did drop those last 3 pounds overnight and i had struggled for months on endwith 3 pounds. up/down and it was maddening. i was also really skinny my whole life, so this whole new world of dieting was whacked for me. stillmans seems to be the only thing that does work for me and i have spent 2 years now working at learning these low carb ways. i'm just so thankful to have found a group of people at stillmans with similar experiences to mine. the trick is to follow that list of foods, don't overeat. i eat plenty of almost no fat protein and keep the calorie count really low-but because i'm eating protein, the hunger is curbed (maybe not completely all the time, but its good enough). if you log your food (i do), shoot for 90% of your food to be protein. so that cuts out all that fat and all the carbs.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone.

In my DREAMS I would lose 5lbs a week. I'd be at my goal in a little over a month!!

How long do people typically stay on this plan? Has anyone here made it to the next phase of the diet or do people just do there own thing?
It also seems like a good idea to include 'stillman days,' once in maintenance mode.

Here are my 'meals,' today.

10am- 1/2cup cottage cheese
natural turkey deli meat(not eating this anymore)

12- venison jerky strip

2pm- 2 hard boiled egg

3pm- 1/2cup cottage cheese

6- beef chunks(4.5 fat/4oz)

72oz of water so far
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
betty, i also think you can loose the 10 pounds in one month. one of the keys for me to loose is to go low calorie. i know that i am always able to lose weight on any low calorie diet around, if i go long enough and stay low in calories-stillmans allows for that low calorie, but because I am able to eat more protein with stillmans I am not hungry. he doesn't have it it uber low carb, as he allows the cottage cheese in limited quantities and it does have some fat in the egg yolks--so i think the key for me is the calorie equation. i gain on atkins, wish not, but i do. if i do atkins with only fats and proteins, no veggies or grains-that is much much better for me but will not get those last 3-5 pounds. stick with it. if you get hungry at night, don't cave-just push it through and in the morning you are going to have such a wonderful awakening. if you can't stand it and keep looking around the cupboards at night to eat, just take yourself outside and go for an hour long walk and when you come home from that do not eat. it always works for me.!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
exercising with stillman diet works miracles...you can easily loose 20 pounds every month with discipline and exercise.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
exercising with stillman diet works miracles...you can easily loose 20 pounds every month with discipline and exercise.
amen! i walk 1 to 2 hours, swim 30 minutes. it works.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am having a cheat night tonight I am making zucchini chips so if they work out I am having "chips and dip" if they don't work out I will have chicken.

Not a bad cheat night but still not stillmans friendly.

Lately everytime I want to cheat I just think you want to be thin! and its working because even when I do have cheats they are way better than before baked zucchini is much better fat and carb wise than my jalepeno cheddar doritos.

I must be good! My bday is in a month and I want to be close to the same weight I was last year for my bday 145ish I know thats about 20 pounds in a month so its not really doable but If I am on my way to it by then and not the same weight I am now I will feel good about myself!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
betty, i also think you can loose the 10 pounds in one month. one of the keys for me to loose is to go low calorie. i know that i am always able to lose weight on any low calorie diet around, if i go long enough and stay low in calories-stillmans allows for that low calorie, but because I am able to eat more protein with stillmans I am not hungry. he doesn't have it it uber low carb, as he allows the cottage cheese in limited quantities and it does have some fat in the egg yolks--so i think the key for me is the calorie equation. i gain on atkins, wish not, but i do. if i do atkins with only fats and proteins, no veggies or grains-that is much much better for me but will not get those last 3-5 pounds. stick with it. if you get hungry at night, don't cave-just push it through and in the morning you are going to have such a wonderful awakening. if you can't stand it and keep looking around the cupboards at night to eat, just take yourself outside and go for an hour long walk and when you come home from that do not eat. it always works for me.!!!
low cal was always better for me too you just have to be careful when you start eating less strict because it can be a shock to your body.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
aww, thanks CCGirl..
is that you in your profile pic? We're the same height..you give me hope considering you started at a high weight as well.

How long has it taken you to get down?

I have a question..
what constitutes 'lo fat,' meat? I like to buy beef chunks for stew and 4oz has 4.5fat..too high??

We also have a freezer full of ground venison that needs eating!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahaha, that's a Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply model.........

It took about nine months to lose the 40, but I took the slow train, couldn't give up me vodka tonics.
Then I still shrunk as the weight redistibuted and got even smaller just maintaining.
I bounce between maintenance and strict Stills, it keeps the cheats away. Honestly, I won't ever go back to carbs or sugar, it just makes no sense for me.

Fish and poultry are the lowest fat meats, but venison is one of the leaner reds and Tanya lost a crapload of weight on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
thank you CCGirl. I tried the control panel and didn't see it anywhere. maybe i just start a new account with my name, or otherwise just forget it. Shreem is fine!
we love you just the way you are!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am having a cheat night tonight I am making zucchini chips so if they work out I am having "chips and dip" if they don't work out I will have chicken.

Not a bad cheat night but still not stillmans friendly.

Lately everytime I want to cheat I just think you want to be thin! and its working because even when I do have cheats they are way better than before baked zucchini is much better fat and carb wise than my jalepeno cheddar doritos.

I must be good! My bday is in a month and I want to be close to the same weight I was last year for my bday 145ish I know thats about 20 pounds in a month so its not really doable but If I am on my way to it by then and not the same weight I am now I will feel good about myself!
O mar, you're a pro now, you know you will do it!

man, I had some egg salad, one beef patty and about a cup of FF cottage cheese today. Go me! I was hungry but had nothing to cook.

Mum is a fish nut so I have cod and salmon for her..........and yes the cod will be breaded and deep fried!

I have to find something on the outrageously expensive sattelite that delivers little for DH to watch 90 bucks a month and nothing on
Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

theres supposed to be a photo here.......this is about five years ago and twenty pounds heavier than I am now............

yours truly posing on the grille of her GMC (goddess Melanie Cassandra).jpg
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone!! Hunger wasn't really an issue. No more eggs though..my tummy doesn't like them
I love cottage cheese but want to make I'm not eating too much even though it says we can. right?

I'm down 2lbs but that's the same 2 that have been going up and down for the last week.
The real test will be tomorrow morning.
So heading into day 2 here!

My kids start back to school tomorrow..hubby wants to start going to the gym(again) with me. I used to go all the time and I would want him to go!
I will also walk on the other days.

It will be really nice to lose this weight..I just hope this is IT!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone taking L glutamine?

I'm going to experiment with it and L carnitine.

Also does anyone take any sort of fat burner or appetite surpressant?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

betty, keep doing this. it's works! you are doing a great job.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girl!

I'm boiling some chicken as we speak..I think the water will make some nice broth to sip on as well.

I decided not to do the l carnitine. It's expensive for just 30 tabs and your supposed to take like 4 a day. not to mention the kind I got are HUGE.

It's not anything that I could see myself keeping up with. I am going to take the glutamine though along with BCAAS before hitting the gym.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

So happy to be back in control of what I eat because I'm still losing! I've been more strict than I was the past few weeks but not completely on plan, just eating clean. I went on a 6 mile hike yesterday which I think really helped. I never dreamed I'd ever be 126 lbs! I couldn't even believe the scale this morning. Even when I started with Stillmans, I never planned to get this low but it's really awesome! I feel so much better, both physically and about how I look. My tummy is almost completely flat and my thighs are shrinking, and now I'm starting to love my curves instead of just seeing them as fat. I just hope I can stay low carb in Sweden but at least I have some wiggle room now if I gain. I leave in a week and I'd be happy with losing maybe 2 or 3 more lbs to give myself even more wiggle room. I'm just glad there's a gym on campus so I'll definitely be using that!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! Hunger wasn't really an issue. No more eggs though..my tummy doesn't like them
I love cottage cheese but want to make I'm not eating too much even though it says we can. right?

I'm down 2lbs but that's the same 2 that have been going up and down for the last week.
The real test will be tomorrow morning.
So heading into day 2 here!

My kids start back to school tomorrow..hubby wants to start going to the gym(again) with me. I used to go all the time and I would want him to go!
I will also walk on the other days.

It will be really nice to lose this weight..I just hope this is IT!
Cottage cheese was something that did stall some people so you'll probably just have to play around with it. What stalls some people may not stall others (same with diet soda, deli meats and sausage because of the sodium, etc). If you come to a stall, you may just wanna try reducing it or removing it completely. If not, then feel free to continue eating it! What really worked with me on Stillmans was fish! Tilapia is magical for weight loss. If you like fish, that's something I would consider trying. Also lean/extra lean turkey burgers worked for a lot of people as well. Like I said, you've just gotta play around with it to see what works and what doesn't! Exercise always helps, no matter what plan you're on. Calories in, calories out.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone.

In my DREAMS I would lose 5lbs a week. I'd be at my goal in a little over a month!!

How long do people typically stay on this plan? Has anyone here made it to the next phase of the diet or do people just do there own thing?
It also seems like a good idea to include 'stillman days,' once in maintenance mode.

Here are my 'meals,' today.

10am- 1/2cup cottage cheese
natural turkey deli meat(not eating this anymore)

12- venison jerky strip

2pm- 2 hard boiled egg

3pm- 1/2cup cottage cheese

6- beef chunks(4.5 fat/4oz)

72oz of water so far
You can stay on it as long as it takes you to get down to your goal. I don't think anyone here really does any of the other Stillmans diets, just QWL and then on to whatever maintenance plan works for them. Some even just continue with Stillmans for maintenance. I stopped Stillmans when I got close to my first goal of 135 and did more of a low fat Atkins thing and just had Stillmans days every once in a while. Now I just eat clean and low carb and I have still been losing. It really varies from person to person.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

I have been at the same weight since friday, which is not normal for me at the beginning although I have had bday and dinners and salty salty zucchini chips. so I have not been following stills, low carb yes, stills no. So, today I am gonna have a strict day and do some cardio and hopefully that will give me the push I need to keep to plan more closely and get by butt in gear!

The zucchini chips were ok for anyone who is having a chip craving but I will stick with my cottage cheese ice cre next time I have a junk food craving as its closer to the real thing, tastes almost like cheesecake ice cream zucchini chips taste like well... zucchini chips haha
Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

I start school in a week, my first time back in about 8 years!

Maybe the stress of it all is starting to catch up to me. I got laid off about 4 weeks ago and made the decision to go back and and I applied for everything and now its the waiting game got accepted to school first (because of course the thing that costs money is the first to go through haha) but have yet to receive student loans or even ei from being laid off. its all going to go through as I have been approved but this waiting is killing me!

I just want ice cream and Doritos and to sit on my couch and mope around, you know!

OK rant done

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

I have determination and all that but this diet without any cheats until goal weight?
yikes, I don't know. lol!

I've been on a low cal/carb/fat diet before and it included 1 free meal(optional)
and 1 refeed once a week. It was something to look forward to anyway. The refeed didn't really mess the diet up..it was just a way to refill glycogen stores and to keep your metabolism from crashing.

Has anyone experimented with something like that?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have determination and all that but this diet without any cheats until goal weight?
yikes, I don't know. lol!

I've been on a low cal/carb/fat diet before and it included 1 free meal(optional)
and 1 refeed once a week. It was something to look forward to anyway. The refeed didn't really mess the diet up..it was just a way to refill glycogen stores and to keep your metabolism from crashing.

Has anyone experimented with something like that?
I would start strict for a while, enjoy the benefits of watching the lbs fall off, and then start doing refeeds every once in a while as long as you know that it won't lead to a binge. Many people find refeeds or occasional planned cheat meals help to stay on plan, but for other people it leads to binges and lots of off plan eating. As long as you know you have the self-control not to turn a planned cheat meal into a binge, there shouldn't be an issue! Although you'd get the best and quickest results if you just stay on plan. Just find what works best for you.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!
Never was a binge eater..that's not what lead to my being overweight that is.

I've just always been a bigger girl that had to be careful about what I ate I guess. I gained a bunch of weight when I got pg with my second baby. Bedrest in the dead of winter in Maine, lol.
Not destined to be petite but I've been slim before. I know how good it feels and I want that back!!

And I would vow to never ever gain this weight back. I've waited too long and worked too hard for that to happen.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Littlelavender:

You started at my weight and are about my height and got down to 126 in about 3 months, have you had cheat days or cheat meals? or werer you strict the whole time?

Have you been smaller in the past?

I do plan on going back and reading your posts but I thought it might be easier to just ask haha

I ask because last year I lost about 20 pounds in 1.5 months on stills with lots of cheats and it still worked but then I kinda plateaued/got lazy but maintained until I stopped eating healthy and stopped watching portions (portions were my downfall).

I have a smaller frame but I am also Inuit and therefore have that kinda short muscular build so I don't know if I could get to your size ever but I wish I could get 125 but have wondered if 143 was the lowest I would get because I have always been chubby.
Closed Thread