Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #151
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
It feels good to wake up on plan! Thanks for the encouragement - I am feeling strong again. I had a good first day back and am feeling back in the zone. I'll check in later - gotta run now.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
MIM: think positive thoughts over and over. Tell yourself "i am thin" "i am beautiful". my weight is dropping off faster than I ever imagined. In the morning I am going to be so happy that I followed the plan today. I am strong. I love walking. My life is beautiful and I am so skinny.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Yeah my friends makes fun of me because I say I am terrible at dieting. My boyfriend laughs and says "but you start 1 every week!"!
aha, so you do have a beau on deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbean View Post
Hi
I'm new to Stillmans....starting tomorrow. I've been reading up and noting down recipes.
I'm 5ft tall and 196lbs. I'd like to loose 70lbs and get down to 126lbs.
I'll be checking in as often as I can...hopefully everyday!

Michelle
(leanbean)
good girl, yer studyin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
It feels good to wake up on plan! Thanks for the encouragement - I am feeling strong again. I had a good first day back and am feeling back in the zone. I'll check in later - gotta run now.
whew, welcome back!

gr8 day all, doing salmon today, haven't done fish in ages...........
Old 08-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I found some lean turkey meat that is packaged with the flavors already in it. I know its higher in fat/sodium but still lean. It helps when I am in a hurry, I just cook it and eat it straight out of a bowl

Turkey Bowling!!

Happy Hump day My Stillmans Friends...

-Tanya
Old 08-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Mim

Glad to hear you are feeling strong again
We all hit those points. I feel like I am always in one. Geesh

keep us updated

-Tanya
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leanbean
So, Day 1 for me.

I had 2 poached eggs for breakfast and some chicken breast poached in chicken broth for lunch.
Morrocan lamb meatballs for dinner.
Oh and I'm having a sneaky diet coke with lunch. I only have diet soda a couple of times a week, the rest of the time it's herbal tea.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #156
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbean View Post
So, Day 1 for me.

I had 2 poached eggs for breakfast and some chicken breast poached in chicken broth for lunch.
Morrocan lamb meatballs for dinner.
Oh and I'm having a sneaky diet coke with lunch. I only have diet soda a couple of times a week, the rest of the time it's herbal tea.
Good beginning! Remember to eat when you are hungry. Do you want to share the Morrocan lamb meatball recipe? Pretty please?
Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #157
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Did I mention how good it feels to be back on plan? My whole worldview has improved because I'm back on plan! I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday or Monday and will be strong and will feel good! I'm 3 pounds above where I was but that will come off easily before I leave. Life is good!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Great job, Mim! There is no comparison in how you feel when you eat strictly. i'm a different person.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #159
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Shreem - thank you so much. You are right! There is no comparison to how I feel when I'm on plan and how I feel when I'm off plan. It is a lesson I will not forget. I woke up this morning after a good night's sleep and I'm ready to face the busy day! This getting ready for vacation is hard work!

One thing I know and that is: posting here helps. I hope that the quietness of the board means that everyone is on vacation and away from their computers. But if the quietness is because you aren't on plan, post anyway. This is not a success only board. We share our struggles and help each other along. So, if you are struggling, off the wagon, and feeling the effects of not being on plan - post anyway. We all know the pain and how hard this journey is.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Helloo my Stillmans friends! I'm all settled now at my dad's house and ready to get back to eating right! At least until I leave for Sweden in a little over a week. I went grocery shopping yesterday and got everything I needed including lots of tilapia! I had a Stillmans-Atkins hybrid ish day (like I was doing before I left) yesterday and I think it paid off already! My dad has one of those weird older scales instead of a digital one but I think I'm down to 128.8! It said I was 130 ish yesterday so I think it's pretty accurate. I may need to go buy a digital one. But today I had some greek yogurt with berries and flaxmeal for breakfast. I was gonna have tilapia for lunch but I'm kinda on a time crunch because my sister and I are doing some exploring and I have to be home to make dinner for my dad so I may just skip lunch. I'm making zucchini lasagna for dinner for my dad, sister and I which is deviating a little from my plan but I wanted to impress them with something delicious and I've been dying to cook. I think I'll probably have Stillmans-ish days every other day or so. I don't know, I'll see how it goes I guess. But I hope you all are doing well! It's been so quiet here!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Shreem - thank you so much. You are right! There is no comparison to how I feel when I'm on plan and how I feel when I'm off plan. It is a lesson I will not forget. I woke up this morning after a good night's sleep and I'm ready to face the busy day! This getting ready for vacation is hard work!
I love waking up after being "good" I have been on plan without even wanting to cheat for 9 days until last night and I was whining non stop to my Bf to take me for an angry whopper because if I was going to cheat I was taking someone with me and finally he said do you really want one? and you know what I didn't I think I just wanted to be cranky about having to be on a diet and it felt great to wake up this morning and have that nice feeling of eating well and no tummy ache from binging the night before.

This is why I think I wanted to cheat last night: I always cook dinner for us every night if He wants something carby he can make it himself but I will make the protein and cut up some veggies or whatever (I still eat some veggies like celery or cucumber or maybe some lettuce a couple times a week) anyways yesterday I did a full house cleaning all day and by the time dinner came around I was LAZY so I asked him to make dinner but he wasn't feeling well so he had a nap and I was stubborn so I refused to make anything and thats when I want to cheat every time when I get hungry and there is nothing around and I know it takes 45 mins to cook dinner but it only takes 10 to Drive to Burger king so now I know (or remember) that I should always have a couple chicken breasts in the fridge because sometimes when I am hungry I am hungry NOW! haha
Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

I have another bday tonight this time at my bf's moms house last week they were at his dads ... so many bdays! I will deviate a little from plan but as long as I stay close I should be ok because at the last bday I ate quite a few things off plan but in moderation and mostly low carb and I maintained.

I checked what dinner was and there are chicken and beef dishes and salad, because they think I hate rice (because I said no thanks 1 time!) so they don't make it, which I think is weird they can eat the rice but I don't complain because its easier for me to stay on track, what else should I tell them I hate?

Last edited by Mar922; 08-17-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
hiyas missed you all very much !!!! I finally had my tooth extracted .... I was drinking kefir shakes and milk shakes and mashed potatoes and yogurts since Tuesday comfort foods this extraction happened to have left me with an extremely severe pain in my ear .... The Vicodins make me feel loopy and nauseous so I stopped taking them .... Tonight I am going out for my first solids at a sushi place and tomorrow I have a party in the afternoon so I will eat off plan till Sunday .... I definitely gained about 5 lbs including water weight from (TOM) the same day as my extraction it started and I felt so out of it till today I do feel much better except for the earache .... I will get back on plan even if its going to be harder this time to get on the wagon, since I really went over board this time.... I just needed to enjoy what I was eating instead of feeling worse than I already did ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

It is probably getting quiet possibly due to people that stop dieting after vacation .... Summer is coming to a close and it is back to school time and winter cover ups are on the way ..... When I joined in the spring this place was very active .... Well I will be doing Stillman's all in seasons ..... I am not going to hide under wraps this winter .... I am going ice skating and fit into my skinny jeans yayyyyyyyyy !!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did I mention how good it feels to be back on plan? My whole worldview has improved because I'm back on plan! I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday or Monday and will be strong and will feel good! I'm 3 pounds above where I was but that will come off easily before I leave. Life is good!
yessssss !!!! I will be joining you with that feeling !!!! Have a safe and wonderful vacation mim !!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Enjoy the weekend everyone !!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

im here and still maintaining. I had one off plan food, almond butter, which was an atkins food and also tends to be one that is so easy for me to overeat. it takes sweet to me, but i will not have any today.

angestill, i had oral surgery last feb and the put me on two painkillers that caused a huge gain in water weight. i stop the painkillers and went very low carb and i lost it all in a week. it was about 7 pounds in three days. i think vicoden might do that same?

MIm, what to go!!! nothing like waking up after a good solid day on plan. then it's solid week on plan and then it's your norm, because we feel so great!!! that is what is happening to me.

mar 922, awesome! keep it up.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #168
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Angelstill - glad you got that pesky tooth out and are on the mend.

Shreem - I want to get to maintenance! I have a long way to go though!

I am in the zone and will not stray far while on vacation. I know that for me this is more than a weight loss issue. I feel so good physically and emotionally when I'm on plan that going off makes no sense at all.

I've got lots to do today so I best get at it! My vacation begins after church tomorrow! I think we have decided to stop overnight rather than make the drive all at once. It is kinda funny because a 9 hour drive isn't a problem - the problem is the timing of when we arrive. But, because we are stopping overnight we will eat dinner and breakfast at restaurants.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
hiyas missed you all very much !!!! I finally had my tooth extracted .... I was drinking kefir shakes and milk shakes and mashed potatoes and yogurts since Tuesday comfort foods this extraction happened to have left me with an extremely severe pain in my ear .... The Vicodins make me feel loopy and nauseous so I stopped taking them .... Tonight I am going out for my first solids at a sushi place and tomorrow I have a party in the afternoon so I will eat off plan till Sunday .... I definitely gained about 5 lbs including water weight from (TOM) the same day as my extraction it started and I felt so out of it till today I do feel much better except for the earache .... I will get back on plan even if its going to be harder this time to get on the wagon, since I really went over board this time.... I just needed to enjoy what I was eating instead of feeling worse than I already did ....
Yay for the tooth extraction...while not pleasant, I'm sure you'll soon feel much much better with that mess out of your mouth! I know when I have a tooth problem it seems to just make everything feel crummy...head, over-all body ache. Almost like a bad-tooth-flu.

You'll soon be back on plan once your mouth heals...just take it one day at a time.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
im here and still maintaining. I had one off plan food, almond butter, which was an atkins food and also tends to be one that is so easy for me to overeat. it takes sweet to me, but i will not have any today.

angestill, i had oral surgery last feb and the put me on two painkillers that caused a huge gain in water weight. i stop the painkillers and went very low carb and i lost it all in a week. it was about 7 pounds in three days. i think vicoden might do that same?

MIm, what to go!!! nothing like waking up after a good solid day on plan. then it's solid week on plan and then it's your norm, because we feel so great!!! that is what is happening to me.

mar 922, awesome! keep it up.

Ditto that, Shreem...every time I think about straying, I try to hold onto the way I feel when I stick to plan and get the reward showing on my scale. I find it very, very helpful to log my weight on a calendar. When I start feeling like I'm not losing anything I'll look at a full four weeks of daily weight and can see that it really is going down...that helps a lot too.

Quote:
Good morning! Angelstill - glad you got that pesky tooth out and are on the mend.

I am in the zone and will not stray far while on vacation. I know that for me this is more than a weight loss issue. I feel so good physically and emotionally when I'm on plan that going off makes no sense at all.

I've got lots to do today so I best get at it! My vacation begins after church tomorrow! I think we have decided to stop overnight rather than make the drive all at once. It is kinda funny because a 9 hour drive isn't a problem - the problem is the timing of when we arrive. But, because we are stopping overnight we will eat dinner and breakfast at restaurants.
Mim, it is possible to stay fully on low carb plan while on vacation, but just a cautionary tale....hubby and I were sooooo good while at Disney last May: not a single solitary cheat. Yet we still gained 5 lbs (me) and 7 lbs (him). It was all water weight, but took a good 7-10 days to come back off. We figured there was way too much sodium on all the restaurant food...and maybe some hidden carbs in salad dressing, etc. Hope you have a better experience with the restaurant foods!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have another bday tonight this time at my bf's moms house last week they were at his dads ... so many bdays! I will deviate a little from plan but as long as I stay close I should be ok because at the last bday I ate quite a few things off plan but in moderation and mostly low carb and I maintained.

I checked what dinner was and there are chicken and beef dishes and salad, because they think I hate rice (because I said no thanks 1 time!) so they don't make it, which I think is weird they can eat the rice but I don't complain because its easier for me to stay on track, what else should I tell them I hate?
Hi Mar, hope your BF's birthday celebration went well. That's actually pretty nice of them to avoid serving foods they think you don't like...way better than trying to insist you should eat foods you don't want like so many people do (oh, one bite won't hurt you...have heard that way too many times.)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hi Mar, hope your BF's birthday celebration went well. That's actually pretty nice of them to avoid serving foods they think you don't like...way better than trying to insist you should eat foods you don't want like so many people do (oh, one bite won't hurt you...have heard that way too many times.)
I did good at the bday and the dinner was all on plan, I had a small hand full of chips because dinner was 2 hours late and a bite of cake and ice cream but i maintained when i weighed this morning so its all good.

I had a lot of diet pepsi last night and I wonder if that had something to do with maintenance too? because normally a couple bites makes less weightloss but not no weight loss ( i am still happy it wasn't a gain but It got me thinking)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Last time i did stills I drank tons of diet pop and coffee this time not so much, mind you i am only a week and a half in this time.

I lost weight faster last time but had way more cravings do you think it could be something to do with the coffee/diet pop like coffee helped lose weight faster but the fake sugars gave me cravings?

I think i would like to lose slower if it means no cravings because one binge weekend would usually set me back a week to a week and a half so in the end it probably worked out to be the same.

or maybe I am losing slower this time because I have already done this once and my body is on to me this time? haha
Old 08-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301

well, I hope it doesn't get too quiet here.

I'm a newbie to Stillman's but I've done a diet like this in the past(only you were allowed green veggies) and it was extremely effective.

I have 20lb I'd like to lose to start and then I'll go from there. I've been chasing this same weight goal for TOO long. I get close then I got bored.

My thyroid doesn't help either

But that's why these lower cal plans seem to work.

My motivation right now is that we are moving to Hawaii in November!!
(military family)
I'll be 33 next Friday..I just want the weight gone so I can be done. I don't want to be dieting my whole life. That's not a good example for my little girl either.
So I'm looking forward to the progress and getting to know all of you along the way.
I'll be starting Monday. Right now I'm doin Atkins so I may include very low carb veggies a couple times a week. A lower fat version of Atkins?

The choices on Stillmans make meal planning easy!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

yesterday and today were semi atkin days. had ground beef and almond butter yesterday. today it was ground beef with some protein shakes. Today was a really low carb day and the beef was 80% protein 20% fat. Tomorrow will be all protein and all low fat. I didn't gain any weight from going higher in the fats, but want to back off for a couple days and do low fat and protein. when i get into the 90% protein range, things are magical
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

mar: stay on plan!!! be strong. you are always so glad you fought it through the night before and wake up with great energy.

betty: good luck. stillmans is like miraculous to me as well. i'm sure you are going to do great. i'm maintaining, but i will always do stillmans for the rest of my life, with some atkins and dairy products through in. i just feel fabulous!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

good for you on feeling great! i'm a believer. you will get to your goal. stay on plan.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

does anyone know i way to change their user screen name on an existing account? I wanted to put my real name in. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:32 AM   #179
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! In about 5 hours I will be on vacation! My bags are packed and I'm ready to go! I won't be posting much for the next two weeks as I won't have access to internet much. I'll check on everyone daily from my phone. I am so excited to be getting away. It has been such a long time. I have a 4 pound loss goal for the time I'm away. I know I can do it!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good afternoon all.......been prepping for Mum's visit and such, sorry to be awol......off to catch up on posts!
Closed Thread