Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
And as for me, I'm off plan. Intentionally. My weight loss has been painfully uneven, and I love fruit. So, yesterday, and today I'm eating fruit. Just fruit. Now, don't get me wrong - eating fruit is like drinking a cup of sugar - but I love fruit! I may do all fruit tomorrow too, depending on my weight gain from doing this.
ENJOY it. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in "the rules" we forget to enjoy...we have taste buds for a reason, after all. Sometimes we have to feed the tasters, right? It could be your self needs a jolt of something different to keep going...

Life's too short. Enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Hello everybody,

I have been off-plan for the past 2 weeks...after I lost 30 pounds. As a result, have gained back 6 pounds.

I kick started Stillman again 2 days back...have lost 1.2 pounds so far. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds in next 6 weeks.

Good Luck all.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Hello all. Good to see you Mar! You will get it off in no time.
Shreem, I hope you had a fabulous Birthday!

Sorry for not doing more individual replies. I am so tired today. My sleep has been awful lately. (probably diet related)

I am still off plan. We go on vacation with the in laws next week. I am hoping when I get back, that I can get refocused. I have probably gained a significant amount of weight back.
I do not plan to dwell on it. I will accept it for what it is and move on.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnySteph
Stats: 170/133/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: August 2012
I've lost 4 lbs since starting earlier this week, I am so excited! I'm nervous though, tomorrow is my anniversary and I know DH will give me a hard time if I don't order normally at the restaurant. We're going to a lobster house, and I know I won't be able to resist dipping that sucker in butter.

I'm wondering, when I hit goal, how do I transition of Stillmans? Also, is it normal to gain a ton of weight back once you're off plan and still eating clean?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnySteph
Stats: 170/133/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Hello all my low carber friends !!!! I fell off the wagon bad and I do not need the scale to tell me just how terrible .... I feel so awful I am back on the wagon today .... I seriously cannot trust myself around food .... I had my brother and his family come visit for a few days and I ate and ate and ate so out of control .... I was so close to being out of this set of tens and now I am sure I am in the other set the larger set .... I feel so depressed , I do not feel like I should even be here posting .... I failed, I let food take over .... I realize carbs are so addictive and I could not stop eating chips .... and chocolate .... I am going to drink more water and my detox tea for a few days .... My mind and body feel awful not a very healthy feeling at all .... I need to nip the hunger pangs in the bud before I slip up .... So I am back on wish me luck I need it ....
You can't dwell on what happened. It''s done, and all you can do now is analyze what brings you to the point of going off plan.I know for me, I go so far as taking a bite and chewing, but I spit it out. Think of it this way. If you slipped on one stair, would you throw yourself down the rest of the flight? Or would you get up, dust yourself off, and keep going?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i usually stay between 750 to 850 calories each day. protein is usally 75% or higher. do you guys do low calories like this too? i seem to have to and if i want to loose, i have to drop even lower than this.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Thank you very much all of you awesome LC Friends .The support you gave me is amazing and I am happy to announce that I am 5 lbs a way from a lesser new set of tens !!!! I went back to the very simple and basic Stillman's these two days .... H.B eggs , chicken and turkey .... I ate a lot to nip the carb withdrawal hunger pangs .... I feel full and definitely less bloated .... Coffee was very helpful as well as green tea and of course water on the rocks ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 08-09-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Shreem !!!! My mom was a Leo too !!!! August 14 th ....
Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
And as for me, I'm off plan. Intentionally. My weight loss has been painfully uneven, and I love fruit. So, yesterday, and today I'm eating fruit. Just fruit. Now, don't get me wrong - eating fruit is like drinking a cup of sugar - but I love fruit! I may do all fruit tomorrow too, depending on my weight gain from doing this.
Awwww mim I love fruit too !!!! It is very good for you no doubt and a natural sugar ..... I ate berries galore on Atkins , and just like Catne said enjoy ! enjoy !
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hii everyone! I've been lurking but haven't really had time to post lately. It's hard eating healthy on vacation but I'm really trying! I can't wait to have control back over what I eat, though. My relatives have tried to be accommodating in terms of eating healthy food but they don't really get the low carb thing. I guess I have the opposite problem of a lot of people...I don't take the opportunity to binge, I just come off as the picky eater instead. I'm trying hard not to be too picky but it's hard to get out of that mentality. Although I bought some jeans from Target today and they were size 4! I'm assuming that Target sizes run bigger than usual but I never expected to ever wear a size 4. Crazy! No idea what I weigh right now but I don't feel like I've gotten any bigger, in fact my measurements have gone down since I left. So that's what really matters, I guess.

Are you a size four, six, eight-or all of the above? Learn why most American clothing sizes are meaningless.
Like most new moms, Erin Correale wants to whip her wardrobe back into shape.
Correale has it easier than most. At 38, she's within 10 pounds of the weight she's been since her teenage years. But her clothing size isn't.
"I wear a size two in Ann Taylor, a four in Banana Republic, a six in Old Navy, a four at Coldwater Creek and a friend told me about Chico's, but told me I would have to look at a size zero," she says. "I never like size zero-it's encouraging people to be waifs. That doesn't make me feel good."
Sizes zero, two, four and six all for one woman? Is Correale lost in the looking glass, growing and shrinking at every turn like Alice, or is there something seriously askew with the sizing of clothing?
QUIZ: What's Your Body Type and Body Shape
It's no mistake. The American apparel industry has created an intentional system of "Vanity Sizing." The increasing use of the smaller sizes-a size 12 in 1970 is now in the size four-six-eight range-is meant to make consumers feel better about buying clothing.
Standards-or Lack Thereof
When it comes to sizing, there are no universal standards. A woman with a traditional hourglass figure with 36-24-36 measurements can wear anything from a size zero to a size ten, depending on the brand and whether it's sold at the designer, contemporary, junior, bridge or mass level.
The only standard that does exist is to con the buyer into believing she's smaller. Over time, sizes are getting roomier, allowing women to believe they can still squeeze into a more desirable size two, four, six or even eight.
"At this point, sizes are meaningless. They're more relative than anything else," Bill Ivers, chief operating officer of MSA Models told YouBeauty. His agency specializes in providing fit models for designers and brands.
"Sizes are not standard by design," he explained. "It helps brands be unique and offer an edge over the competition. Brands are looking for brand loyalty and if last season you were an eight and this season you're a size six, that's a sales tool. We all look to apparel to make us look good, feel comfortable and confident."
MORE: Best Wedding Dresses for Your Body Shape
Even celebrities fall victim to the need for vanity sizing.
One actress cold-called Robert Verdi, style director at FirstComesFashion.com and a celebrity stylist who regularly works with stars like Eva Longoria and Kathy Griffin, and asked him to wardrobe her for multiple appearances during an awards season.
Her publicist said the actress was a size 12, and because they were working on a quick turnaround of less than three weeks, Verdi couldn't ask designers to make anything custom, so had to rely on pieces designers had in stock.
"We looked at pictures of this woman and I called her publicist back and asked her, is she really a size 12?" he told YouBeauty. "The publicist insisted she was a 12."
When Verdi and his team packed the dresses up for the trip to Los Angeles, "we snuck in some 14s, 16s and even some 18s."
Though Verdi told the actress that everything was a "size 12," the actress "wasn't happy," he said. She ultimately wore several of his picks, but one of the dresses was altered to fit by making it six-to-eight inches shorter. The fabric was then added as a panel on the back of the dress so the "size 12" would fit.
MORE: Dress for Your Chest
"She didn't want to be bigger than that in her head. A number means so much to so many people," he added. That's really too bad since the numbers are pretty much meaningless and there are no standards in place.
This lack of sizing standards wasn't always the case.
Until January 20, 1983, the U.S. Department of Commerce and the National Institute of Standards and Technology offered specifics for the sizing of apparel with body measurements for men, women, junior women, young men and children. These standards began in the late 1940s as a byproduct of the necessity for size-standardization in military uniforms during World War Two. Committees that included textile manufacturers, designers and retailers worked with the Department of Agriculture to determine these sizing standards and all adhered to it.
The program was discontinued in 1983. The measurements were not keeping up with the typical American body, which was changing due to better medicine and nutrition, along with an influx of new and varied ethnic groups. Sponsorship of these standards was assumed by private industry. That marked the start of sizing's new Wild West, a lawless, volatile environment that continues today.
An End in Sight?
"Each designer has their own vision of what they imagine as the ideal person to wear their clothing," explained Tanya Shaw to YouBeauty. "Designers will hold true to what they believe."
Shaw is the founder and president of MyBestFit, a sizing system that scans your body for about 10 seconds and then provides you with sizing recommendations for styles from over 30 brands like the Gap, Old Navy, Talbots and J Brand.
MORE: Our reporter tries out MyBestFit
"We help customers decode sizing and that makes shopping as simple as uniformity," she explained. "We should find clothes that fit our bodies, not sizes we like to hear."
The company currently operates one scanner at the King of Prussia Mall in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, but will be adding 45 more locations in fall 2011. Though a Personal Shopping Guide from MyBestFit in King of Prussia will only provide resources that are in that mall, you can enter your identifying code on the company's web site to find what other sizes and brands will fit you when shopping at another location or online.
"When you cut the confusion out, consumers buy more," Shaw said. "They have told us the conversion rate [from shopper to buyer] of 100 customers is normally 20 percent. With MyBestFit, in some cases, it's as high as 90 percent. Imagine if you went into a fitting room and it all fit-your shopping time is more productive."
Cricket Lee is taking it a step further and attempting to get standards back into the lexicon of apparel makers and designers. She founded Fitlogic, a patented sizing system that fits by body type and size. Though it is now accepting pre-orders online for fall shipments, Lee has spent five years struggling to bring it to market. Because each brand has its own sizing, designers and apparel manufacturers weren't interested.
Her labeling categorizes women in three shape groups-circle, hourglass and triangle-and the Fitlogic label carries the traditional size plus a number for one of these categories.
MORE: Dress for Your Body Shape
"The truth will set you free and if you know you're a size four and shape three, you know a size 4.3 in FitLogic will fit you every time," Lee explained. "Women don't have the time to mess with trying on sizes. It is debilitating to walk into a fitting room with 10 pairs of pants and have nothing fit."
"It's progress and it will happen," she added. "If this can reduce return by 75 percent, how can designers and retailers ignore it?"
MSA Models' Ivers is skeptical that day will come. "There is no universal fit and I doubt that there ever will be. If five people take measurements of the same person, there will be five different measurements," he said. "Consumers have to learn to adapt to the fact that today you're a size zero and tomorrow, you're a four."
While new mom Correale admits she "loved being a size two at Ann Taylor, I didn't really believe it." Shopping certainly isn't any easier. "I don't know how to shop other than taking three sizes into the fitting room or having someone run back and forth for me. It never works."
Shopping woes aside, maybe Lee is correct and the truth will set you free. If knowing that a number on a tag is meaningless will free you from getting hung up on sizes and allow you to focus on the best fit for you, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Hello all. Good to see you Mar! You will get it off in no time.
Shreem, I hope you had a fabulous Birthday!

Sorry for not doing more individual replies. I am so tired today. My sleep has been awful lately. (probably diet related)

I am still off plan. We go on vacation with the in laws next week. I am hoping when I get back, that I can get refocused. I have probably gained a significant amount of weight back.
I do not plan to dwell on it. I will accept it for what it is and move on.
Enjoy your vacation and thanks for checkin in ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnySteph View Post
I've lost 4 lbs since starting earlier this week, I am so excited! I'm nervous though, tomorrow is my anniversary and I know DH will give me a hard time if I don't order normally at the restaurant. We're going to a lobster house, and I know I won't be able to resist dipping that sucker in butter.

I'm wondering, when I hit goal, how do I transition of Stillmans? Also, is it normal to gain a ton of weight back once you're off plan and still eating clean?
Happy Anniversary !!!! Enjoy !!!! My dear boyfriend is the same way as your DH he insists I enjoy a complete restaurant meal from the wine to the dessert .... Congratulations and !!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Hello everybody,

I have been off-plan for the past 2 weeks...after I lost 30 pounds. As a result, have gained back 6 pounds.

I kick started Stillman again 2 days back...have lost 1.2 pounds so far. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds in next 6 weeks.

Good Luck all.
Good Luck to you as well, I hope you enjoyed your off plan now it is back to losing and getting to the next goal !!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Steph , When I go off plan I avoid the scale .... I usually go right back on plan for a few days before I see if there was any major damage ..... I ate lobster dipped in lemon butter sauce and some wine a few glasses of blush and strawberries dipped in chocolate with some potato chips and ice cream .... A few days on Stillman's and I was back on track .... I drink water as if it were going out of style the restaurants serve bottled water just ask if it is sodium free .... Enjoy and have a great time !!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Yeah! Mar is back! You will have those pounds off in no time!
I am already down 2 only another 30 to go haha!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnySteph View Post

It's different for everyone, really. Some people need to continue with Stillmans in order to maintain, like Shreem. Personally, I started adding in veggies first and then some greek yogurt and fruits and could still maintain and even lose weight. I've been on vacation and have just been trying to eat healthy overall, but sometimes I've had to eat fast food or desserts, and I haven't really gained. I got a chance to weigh myself today and I weighed even less than when I left, even though it was in the middle of the day and everything! Soo overall, I'd say that as long as you stick to eating clean and relatively low carb, you'll probably be fine in terms of maintaining.

Quote:
Thank you very much all of you awesome LC Friends .The support you gave me is amazing and I am happy to announce that I am 5 lbs a way from a lesser new set of tens !!!! I went back to the very simple and basic Stillman's these two days .... H.B eggs , chicken and turkey .... I ate a lot to nip the carb withdrawal hunger pangs .... I feel full and definitely less bloated .... Coffee was very helpful as well as green tea and of course water on the rocks ....
Yayy awesome! I'm sure you'll have those 5 down in no time!

Quote:
Are you a size four, six, eight-or all of the above? Learn why most American clothing sizes are meaningless.
Like most new moms, Erin Correale wants to whip her wardrobe back into shape.
Correale has it easier than most. At 38, she's within 10 pounds of the weight she's been since her teenage years. But her clothing size isn't.
"I wear a size two in Ann Taylor, a four in Banana Republic, a six in Old Navy, a four at Coldwater Creek and a friend told me about Chico's, but told me I would have to look at a size zero," she says. "I never like size zero-it's encouraging people to be waifs. That doesn't make me feel good."
Sizes zero, two, four and six all for one woman? Is Correale lost in the looking glass, growing and shrinking at every turn like Alice, or is there something seriously askew with the sizing of clothing?
QUIZ: What's Your Body Type and Body Shape
It's no mistake. The American apparel industry has created an intentional system of "Vanity Sizing." The increasing use of the smaller sizes-a size 12 in 1970 is now in the size four-six-eight range-is meant to make consumers feel better about buying clothing.
Standards-or Lack Thereof
When it comes to sizing, there are no universal standards. A woman with a traditional hourglass figure with 36-24-36 measurements can wear anything from a size zero to a size ten, depending on the brand and whether it's sold at the designer, contemporary, junior, bridge or mass level.
The only standard that does exist is to con the buyer into believing she's smaller. Over time, sizes are getting roomier, allowing women to believe they can still squeeze into a more desirable size two, four, six or even eight.
"At this point, sizes are meaningless. They're more relative than anything else," Bill Ivers, chief operating officer of MSA Models told YouBeauty. His agency specializes in providing fit models for designers and brands.
"Sizes are not standard by design," he explained. "It helps brands be unique and offer an edge over the competition. Brands are looking for brand loyalty and if last season you were an eight and this season you're a size six, that's a sales tool. We all look to apparel to make us look good, feel comfortable and confident."
MORE: Best Wedding Dresses for Your Body Shape
Even celebrities fall victim to the need for vanity sizing.
One actress cold-called Robert Verdi, style director at FirstComesFashion.com and a celebrity stylist who regularly works with stars like Eva Longoria and Kathy Griffin, and asked him to wardrobe her for multiple appearances during an awards season.
Her publicist said the actress was a size 12, and because they were working on a quick turnaround of less than three weeks, Verdi couldn't ask designers to make anything custom, so had to rely on pieces designers had in stock.
"We looked at pictures of this woman and I called her publicist back and asked her, is she really a size 12?" he told YouBeauty. "The publicist insisted she was a 12."
When Verdi and his team packed the dresses up for the trip to Los Angeles, "we snuck in some 14s, 16s and even some 18s."
Though Verdi told the actress that everything was a "size 12," the actress "wasn't happy," he said. She ultimately wore several of his picks, but one of the dresses was altered to fit by making it six-to-eight inches shorter. The fabric was then added as a panel on the back of the dress so the "size 12" would fit.
MORE: Dress for Your Chest
"She didn't want to be bigger than that in her head. A number means so much to so many people," he added. That's really too bad since the numbers are pretty much meaningless and there are no standards in place.
This lack of sizing standards wasn't always the case.
Until January 20, 1983, the U.S. Department of Commerce and the National Institute of Standards and Technology offered specifics for the sizing of apparel with body measurements for men, women, junior women, young men and children. These standards began in the late 1940s as a byproduct of the necessity for size-standardization in military uniforms during World War Two. Committees that included textile manufacturers, designers and retailers worked with the Department of Agriculture to determine these sizing standards and all adhered to it.
The program was discontinued in 1983. The measurements were not keeping up with the typical American body, which was changing due to better medicine and nutrition, along with an influx of new and varied ethnic groups. Sponsorship of these standards was assumed by private industry. That marked the start of sizing's new Wild West, a lawless, volatile environment that continues today.
An End in Sight?
"Each designer has their own vision of what they imagine as the ideal person to wear their clothing," explained Tanya Shaw to YouBeauty. "Designers will hold true to what they believe."
Shaw is the founder and president of MyBestFit, a sizing system that scans your body for about 10 seconds and then provides you with sizing recommendations for styles from over 30 brands like the Gap, Old Navy, Talbots and J Brand.
MORE: Our reporter tries out MyBestFit
"We help customers decode sizing and that makes shopping as simple as uniformity," she explained. "We should find clothes that fit our bodies, not sizes we like to hear."
The company currently operates one scanner at the King of Prussia Mall in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, but will be adding 45 more locations in fall 2011. Though a Personal Shopping Guide from MyBestFit in King of Prussia will only provide resources that are in that mall, you can enter your identifying code on the company's web site to find what other sizes and brands will fit you when shopping at another location or online.
"When you cut the confusion out, consumers buy more," Shaw said. "They have told us the conversion rate [from shopper to buyer] of 100 customers is normally 20 percent. With MyBestFit, in some cases, it's as high as 90 percent. Imagine if you went into a fitting room and it all fit-your shopping time is more productive."
Cricket Lee is taking it a step further and attempting to get standards back into the lexicon of apparel makers and designers. She founded Fitlogic, a patented sizing system that fits by body type and size. Though it is now accepting pre-orders online for fall shipments, Lee has spent five years struggling to bring it to market. Because each brand has its own sizing, designers and apparel manufacturers weren't interested.
Her labeling categorizes women in three shape groups-circle, hourglass and triangle-and the Fitlogic label carries the traditional size plus a number for one of these categories.
MORE: Dress for Your Body Shape
"The truth will set you free and if you know you're a size four and shape three, you know a size 4.3 in FitLogic will fit you every time," Lee explained. "Women don't have the time to mess with trying on sizes. It is debilitating to walk into a fitting room with 10 pairs of pants and have nothing fit."
"It's progress and it will happen," she added. "If this can reduce return by 75 percent, how can designers and retailers ignore it?"
MSA Models' Ivers is skeptical that day will come. "There is no universal fit and I doubt that there ever will be. If five people take measurements of the same person, there will be five different measurements," he said. "Consumers have to learn to adapt to the fact that today you're a size zero and tomorrow, you're a four."
While new mom Correale admits she "loved being a size two at Ann Taylor, I didn't really believe it." Shopping certainly isn't any easier. "I don't know how to shop other than taking three sizes into the fitting room or having someone run back and forth for me. It never works."
Shopping woes aside, maybe Lee is correct and the truth will set you free. If knowing that a number on a tag is meaningless will free you from getting hung up on sizes and allow you to focus on the best fit for you, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.
The beginning made me laugh because I fit into all those sizes depending on the brand, which just proved the point of the article. lol

Last edited by littlelavender; 08-09-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Fell off the wagon...

I totally fell off the wagon yesterday....I've been doing fantastic for 2 weeks and 3 days and have resisted the most delicious foods....but yesterday night I caved...lol! I had a quesadilla and savored every single bite....lol...I was at 193 yesterday morning and didn't want to depress myself with my weight from this morning....lol! But I had the craving and gave in and this morning I was back on the plan! One thing I noticed though was I was having hunger pangs whereas before I went off course I didn't experience any at all. Anyone else have this happen when they go off...?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Woooh I weighed 129 this morning!!! After not weighing myself for 2 weeks, I was so surprised to see that number! It's kinda funny because my aunt told me that my mom did the same exact thing when she was around my age, she lost like 40 lbs pretty easily and kept it off for the rest of her life even when she ate poorly. I knew she was overweight in her childhood but I didn't know that happened! And I did get her metabolism (as opposed to my skinny siblings who got my dad's) soo I guess it makes sense. haha
Old 08-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Quote:
Woooh I weighed 129 this morning!!! After not weighing myself for 2 weeks, I was so surprised to see that number! It's kinda funny because my aunt told me that my mom did the same exact thing when she was around my age, she lost like 40 lbs pretty easily and kept it off for the rest of her life even when she ate poorly. I knew she was overweight in her childhood but I didn't know that happened! And I did get her metabolism (as opposed to my skinny siblings who got my dad's) soo I guess it makes sense. haha
I can relate to the metabolism aspect! My dad has no problem but I got stuck with my moms fabulous metabolism...hahahaha!!! Well I guess we just have to work harder to speed that baby up!!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Way to go! I don't think I have seen that number since I was 13! haha
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
down 1.2 pounds yesterday....total of 2.4 pounds since I kickstarted stillman again.

I see some people had cheat days...but thats ok....it wont completely put you off ketosis.

It took me entire 1 week to get kicked out of ketosis...and I was eating more than 50g of carbs per day.

Personally, I feel you need some cheat days to keep yourself motivated.

So, if you had one cheat meal...relax and continue to stick to plan...you will be fine. Good Luck all.

Last edited by vyomguy; 08-10-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had the pleasure, some would say of being skinny most of my life aka bones .... I say it is a curse, because I miss that tiny waist etc .... I think if you never had it what is there to miss .... I have my mom's shape body type also .... you know the typical Italian that fills out with age .... She dieted and kept svelte after she had me the baby of 6 kids, she was much smaller than me at this age .... She would eat very lil compared to me, the bottomless pit, who never feels full .... She had passed away from breast cancer and I quit smoking and hope to lose all this unhealthy weight ....
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
I totally fell off the wagon yesterday....I've been doing fantastic for 2 weeks and 3 days and have resisted the most delicious foods....but yesterday night I caved...lol! I had a quesadilla and savored every single bite....lol...I was at 193 yesterday morning and didn't want to depress myself with my weight from this morning....lol! But I had the craving and gave in and this morning I was back on the plan! One thing I noticed though was I was having hunger pangs whereas before I went off course I didn't experience any at all. Anyone else have this happen when they go off...?
After a day spent with carbs it takes my body through withdrawals severely munchy so fill up on high protein quickly ..... Eggs and lean meats ..... drink water too and stay away from diet drinks to not trick your body that you are eating carbs , you can do diet drinks after your back on track in about 4 days ....
Old 08-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
down 1.2 pounds yesterday....total of 2.4 pounds since I kickstarted stillman again.

I see some people had cheat days...but thats ok....it wont completely put you off ketosis.

It took me entire 1 week to get kicked out of ketosis...and I was eating more than 50g of carbs per day.

Personally, I feel you need some cheat days to keep yourself motivated.

So, if you had one cheat meal...relax and continue to stick to plan...you will be fine. Good Luck all.
Congratulations !!!! I am working my way down the scale too 4 lbs to go !!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
I am glad you enjoyed that quesadilla I know something you may enjoy too, a nice loss of weight , so get back on the wagon with me and drop those pounds and let us all celebrate some serious weight loss !!!! The summer is not over yet, however, I do not know about you but my mind is already on the holidays and I want to look real good not just good how about you ????
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #115
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good evening! What a day - I hit the floor running and just now am settling down for the evening! Sunday is the day I will go back on plan. Tomorrow I'll finish up my fruit! I have enjoyed my little break but I'm looking forward to being back on plan. I'll see you all tomorrow!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Shreem, happy birthday!

{{{{{{{{{{{MAR}}}}}}}}}}} yay you're back!

and VY, hugs for you too!

mmmmmmmmmm fruit..........Mim, enjoy!

what's for breakfast?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Well, we got moved yesterday...internet turned on just as promised but the satellite TV guy never showed up in the AM as the confirmation email had said he would. When hubby called them, they knew nothing about an order for new service here So much for the great "bundle" deal we were supposedly getting...since it's all the same outfit, don't know how they could get the phone & internet right, but not get the DirecTV people scheduled? So now we have to wait until Monday to get an appointment. UGH.

Good news is the rest of the move went well...nothing damaged. My new bedroom furniture showed up on time (YAY) And we had a nice peaceful night here last night, so apparently no crazy noisy neighbors (Yay again) We really enjoyed the run-to-the-store last night...5 minutes to the closest big grocery store instead of our previous 35-45 minutes each way before.We moved out of the "big city" over 30 years ago...already liking being back to where things are so close

On the downside...really haven't seen a weight change for 2 weeks. Bouncing up & down the same 1-2 lbs. Haven't "cheated" any...had a few Atkins-type days with higher fat steak & salad, but no high carb days at all. Have been eating a lot of convenience meats (like Tyson grilled chicken, so that's all higher sodium.) Once we get unpacked and really settled, I will do a few days of the dreaded turkey burgers & see if that gets me losing again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...we'll be busy unpacking & sorting things out...then off to clean our old house for the buyers' walk-through before closing.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 08-11-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Well, we got moved yesterday...internet turned on just as promised but the satellite TV guy never showed up in the AM as the confirmation email had said he would. When hubby called them, they knew nothing about an order for new service here So much for the great "bundle" deal we were supposedly getting...since it's all the same outfit, don't know how they could get the phone & internet right, but not get the DirecTV people scheduled? So now we have to wait until Monday to get an appointment. UGH.

Good news is the rest of the move went well...nothing damaged. My new bedroom furniture showed up on time (YAY) And we had a nice peaceful night here last night, so apparently no crazy noisy neighbors (Yay again) We really enjoyed the run-to-the-store last night...5 minutes to the closest big grocery store instead of our previous 35-45 minutes each way before.We moved out of the "big city" over 30 years ago...already liking being back to where things are so close

On the downside...really haven't seen a weight change for 2 weeks. Bouncing up & down the same 1-2 lbs. Haven't "cheated" any...had a few Atkins-type days with higher fat steak & salad, but no high carb days at all. Have been eating a lot of convenience meats (like Tyson grilled chicken, so that's all higher sodium.) Once we get unpacked and really settled, I will do a few days of the dreaded turkey burgers & see if that gets me losing again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...we'll be busy unpacking & sorting things out...then off to clean our old house for the buyers' walk-through before closing.
To your new home ! brightest blessings ! I am a transplant from New York City now living in Lancaster P.a, The Pennsylvania Dutch Amish Country .... We have the opposite of you as for travels to a super store .... We travel quite a bit for our groceries .... I am happy that you have peaceful neighbors those restful nights are extremely important .... Back in New York City we had tenants that lived in the apartment above us , one was a young lady wearing her heels at all hours of the day and night on hard wood floors .... Now we live in a town house and love all there is to love of peaceful country life ....
Old 08-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

The scale has not moved and the culprit is (TOM) that water retention is expected .... I will drink extra water and down some midols .... Tuesday is my trip to New York City oh, finally have that tooth extracted .... I will be on antibiotics and definitely will incorporate plain Greek yogurt with my WOE also add some berries for the 10 days .... I am happy to be rid of this tooth once and for all ....
Old 08-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast
Scrambled egg whites
Grapefruit or berries
1 cup green tea

Lunch
2 boiled eggs
Large salad with lettuce, carrots, broccoli, onion, tomato

Afternoon Snack
Yogurt with fresh berries

Dinner
Turkey breast
Steamed carrots and asparagus

I might do a menu like this for a few days while on pain killers and antibiotics after the extraction .... some low carb ice cream post surgery too ....
Closed Thread