Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Howdy. . you great losers, you! Just popping in. .was thinking about you today and wishing you many more losing days!

I've been MIA for quite some time now.. but I will never give up trying to be a loser! I'm on to something else currently but I just wanted to say you guys are such an inspiration that I will probably drop in once in a while. . . I've gotta look at my stats real quick to see how much damage I have done! O my. not good, peeps. . not good.. Tis OK. . Today is a new day so let's hit the ground running!

Huggs!

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-07-2012 at 11:09 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #62
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
IM! Stay with us - we miss you! You don't need to be on Stillman's - or even low carb for that matter! Just come and hand out with us!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnySteph View Post
Wow, yesterday was my first day, and I even cheated a bit by having a bowl of cereal at 2 am, and I still lost 1.5 pounds! Holy moly, I haven't seen the scale budge in a month! I am sticking with this now, no cheating period. I am so excited, I hav my little sister's wedding in a month and I wanted to be down to my pre-kid size before then. Now I just have to get my husband on borad, he is about 40 lbs heavier thn he wants to be and complains about it constantly.
YAY

Don't you just love the instant reward on Stillman's

And as MIM said, if you're hungry, go ahead and eat some more meat or eggs (lean, low fat of course) That first few days I think I probably ate 6-8 times a day, and still lost several pounds the first week. I just cooked up a whole lot of lean turkey burgers & plain chicken breast, and ate whenever the cravings started. Lots of water too...though that first couple of weeks I avoided the diet pepsi & crysal lites because I was afraid the artificial sugar would up my appetite & cravings. But for now, go ahead and eat! Your appetite will get under control after a couple of days.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 08-07-2012 at 06:28 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
YAY

Don't you just love the instant reward on Stillman's

And as MIM said, if you're hungry, go ahead and eat some more meat or eggs (lean, low fat of course) That first few days I think I probably ate 6-8 times a day, and still lost several pounds the first week. I just cooked up a whole lot of lean turkey burgers & plain chicken breast, and ate whenever the cravings started. Lots of water too...though that first couple of weeks I avoided the diet pepsi & crysal lites because I was afraid the artificial sugar would up my appetite & cravings. But for now, go ahead and eat! Your appetite will get under control after a couple of days.
AWESOME ADVICE!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Mim! Thank you.. .thank you. .. .I've missed everyone . . .seriously. . . I still have Stillman's in my heart. . Meat really does satisfy and for the normal person.. can cause great losses. . however, . . .enter the food addict! Yep.. I can't stop. . I think about it 24/7. . I'm sick.. I'm nuts and I obsess about it morning, noon and night! what can one do? so. .I'm back on. (program) .not stillmans but CONTROL.. restrict carbs, watch calories and eat clean.. I'm in. . I'll check in, if you don't mind, once in awhile. . You guys are the best support system ever! Really. . even when I'm not "Meating". . I think of everyone daily!!!

We can do this!!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:24 AM   #66
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Mim! Thank you.. .thank you. .. .I've missed everyone . . .seriously. . . I still have Stillman's in my heart. . Meat really does satisfy and for the normal person.. can cause great losses. . however, . . .enter the food addict! Yep.. I can't stop. . I think about it 24/7. . I'm sick.. I'm nuts and I obsess about it morning, noon and night! what can one do? so. .I'm back on. (program) .not stillmans but CONTROL.. restrict carbs, watch calories and eat clean.. I'm in. . I'll check in, if you don't mind, once in awhile. . You guys are the best support system ever! Really. . even when I'm not "Meating". . I think of everyone daily!!!

We can do this!!
Please check in often!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #67
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm kinda bummed this morning. I didn't lose anything after having spent the day walking at the amusement park. Over the past several day I've lost .5 pound. Bummer. This weight will come off, I feel great, I'm getting smaller. (I need to remind myself : ) because it is all true!) Anyway, I'm off early this morning to take my car to get inspected and the mysterious knocking sound fixed. Have a happy Wednsday everyone!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnySteph
Stats: 170/133/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: August 2012
I lost 2.6 lbs since yesterday- I'm .2 ounces away from a mini-goal, which is weighing in the 120's again.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hey Everyone

I am noting that everyone is having some success
Thats great. We've been at this for some time.

As of this morning, I have lost 20 lbs exactly, in 45 days on strict stillmans with 1 cheat weekend including during those days.

I am creeping and inching closer to the goal
3 more lbs down..took some time...
My first goal was 145 and then I put it at 140 to give myself wiggle room for a few parties coming up.

I am back to where I was before I gained a bunch of weight by going OFF of my tried and true maintain plan.

I even had some alcohol again here and there and it has not stalled me.

My 30th party is this weekend and my size 4 clothes are fitting and my new bikini looks just perfect on me.

All of the hard work, long nights and sacrifice has put me right where I wanted to be and JUST in time. Close!
I can prob lose a bit more before then, but I won't hold my feet to the fire.

I go out of town for a long work trip at the end of the month so THAT will be the true test. The last time I had a work trip, I gained 7 or 8 lbs from being lazy and eating horrible. I want to redeem myself.
I will never forget how hard the last 45 days has been, and I will remind myself that if I don't want to go through this pain again, I better be smart.

Nothing wrong with a splurge meal or a drink, but I have to eat according to Stillmans 80% of the time, or NO Deal.

Its funny how those of us who are so smart, can at times be so friggin dumb.

I am currently wearing a size 4 skirt to work today and I literally cannot believe it. I am glad to be back but part of me is gun-shy about splurging...
I think I am going to stay on Stillmans during my work trip just to be on the safe side.... I don't think I am quite ready to handle maintenance again yet...not just yet....

I am sure you guys all understand this feeling right?

Last edited by akagal20; 08-08-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Also I changed my avatar, you may notice. I took this photo on Monday which was my actual 30th birthday

My husband bought me these awesome designer shoes for my bday , and to help me celebrate my goal weight loss!

Yeah!

-Tanya
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Hello all my low carber friends !!!! I fell off the wagon bad and I do not need the scale to tell me just how terrible .... I feel so awful I am back on the wagon today .... I seriously cannot trust myself around food .... I had my brother and his family come visit for a few days and I ate and ate and ate so out of control .... I was so close to being out of this set of tens and now I am sure I am in the other set the larger set .... I feel so depressed , I do not feel like I should even be here posting .... I failed, I let food take over .... I realize carbs are so addictive and I could not stop eating chips .... and chocolate .... I am going to drink more water and my detox tea for a few days .... My mind and body feel awful not a very healthy feeling at all .... I need to nip the hunger pangs in the bud before I slip up .... So I am back on wish me luck I need it ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Congratulations to all you wonderful losers !!!! Take a good look at your wonderful selves and stand proud and smile Please, realize how successful you are and that this diet is not always easy to stay on and give yourself a bunch of credit for sticking through those really tough days !!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Hello all my low carber friends !!!! I fell off the wagon bad and I do not need the scale to tell me just how terrible .... I feel so awful I am back on the wagon today .... I seriously cannot trust myself around food .... I had my brother and his family come visit for a few days and I ate and ate and ate so out of control .... I was so close to being out of this set of tens and now I am sure I am in the other set the larger set .... I feel so depressed , I do not feel like I should even be here posting .... I failed, I let food take over .... I realize carbs are so addictive and I could not stop eating chips .... and chocolate .... I am going to drink more water and my detox tea for a few days .... My mind and body feel awful not a very healthy feeling at all .... I need to nip the hunger pangs in the bud before I slip up .... So I am back on wish me luck I need it ....
Oh, don't torture yourself! It is SO hard to eat smart when you have visitors...they're on vacation, and want to eat junk & go out to eat, etc. Been there, done that way too many times

You know how to get back to it...and that just a few days of clean eating will get you back in the groove. You've been a great inspiration to many of us...because we know you can do it
Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Nice Louboutin's Tanya!! congrats on your success and happy 30th!

I have not been posting lately here as I just don't think I'm cut out for Stillman's in the long run. I feel so much better with some vegetables in my life and I don't have a ton of weight to lose so I think I'd rather do it slower and in a more sustainable way (for me at least) Good luck to all you guys as I can't deny that Stilly's produces some amazing results I am doing my own version of low carb/eating clean and feeling great and maintaing my loss so far.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{{{IM2}}}}}}}}}}

Welcome SkinnySteph!

Tanya your bday will be rocking!!!!!!

HFL, eat what works for you and please consider hanging around!

DH got called in to work these last two days so I got out early and actually did my 2 mile walk in the morning for the past two days! It's amazing how it revs you up for the day! I can't beleive I haven't done it since last fall! Go me!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hii everyone! I've been lurking but haven't really had time to post lately. It's hard eating healthy on vacation but I'm really trying! I can't wait to have control back over what I eat, though. My relatives have tried to be accommodating in terms of eating healthy food but they don't really get the low carb thing. I guess I have the opposite problem of a lot of people...I don't take the opportunity to binge, I just come off as the picky eater instead. I'm trying hard not to be too picky but it's hard to get out of that mentality. Although I bought some jeans from Target today and they were size 4! I'm assuming that Target sizes run bigger than usual but I never expected to ever wear a size 4. Crazy! No idea what I weigh right now but I don't feel like I've gotten any bigger, in fact my measurements have gone down since I left. So that's what really matters, I guess.

Last edited by littlelavender; 08-08-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O Lav, so BE the picky eater! This is your LIFE we're talking here, to heck with them. They might as well get used to the new you!

And yeah TG clothes run HUGE!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hii everyone! I've been lurking but haven't really had time to post lately. It's hard eating healthy on vacation but I'm really trying! I can't wait to have control back over what I eat, though. My relatives have tried to be accommodating in terms of eating healthy food but they don't really get the low carb thing. I guess I have the opposite problem of a lot of people...I don't take the opportunity to binge, I just come off as the picky eater instead. I'm trying hard not to be too picky but it's hard to get out of that mentality. Although I bought some jeans from Target today and they were size 4! I'm assuming that Target sizes run bigger than usual but I never expected to ever wear a size 4. Crazy! No idea what I weigh right now but I don't feel like I've gotten any bigger, in fact my measurements have gone down since I left. So that's what really matters, I guess.
Size 4 jeans: NICE reward for "being picky". I suspect a lot of people would be happy to be picky if it meant they could fit into size 4s. (Even if the sizes run big at Target, any 4 is better than no 4, right?)

Last edited by catne; 08-08-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

DH got called in to work these last two days so I got out early and actually did my 2 mile walk in the morning for the past two days! It's amazing how it revs you up for the day! I can't beleive I haven't done it since last fall! Go me!

Yes, Go you!

Wish I could walk that far...I'm lucky to go 1/2 mile before the shortness of breath gets to me (although even that is an improvement for me...the meds are helping the COPD some. Used to be I could hardly walk to the end of my driveway to put trash in the dumpster.)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

today was an awesome day. it was my birthday and just terrific. also: i gave myself a pure stillman's day and i feel so happy and healthy tonight. i had salmon, eggs, chicken and turkey. tomorrow we go out for dinner to celebrate another birthday. i will have salmon again. love that fish!!! eating like this is the life!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
i agree, be the picky eater. rock the boat a little, you do NOT have to be the good one that is so cooperative. it gets easier and easier. if they would take time to ask you the food you do eat, the menu would be oh so easy for them. meat, eggs, lowfat cheese. pretty simple. great job.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
today was an awesome day. it was my birthday and just terrific. also: i gave myself a pure stillman's day and i feel so happy and healthy tonight. i had salmon, eggs, chicken and turkey. tomorrow we go out for dinner to celebrate another birthday. i will have salmon again. love that fish!!! eating like this is the life!

Have a great dinner tomorrow night!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

THANK YOU, CATNE!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am starting stills again

After a couple trips and a bunch of bad eating I am at 170 which is 5 pounds shy of my heaviest weight ever.

Ak-happy to see you are back and rocking stills once again!

I wanted to post and just get this off my chestnow but I will read back on the last couple months to catch up on whats been going on here.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post

Its funny how those of us who are so smart, can at times be so friggin dumb.

I am currently wearing a size 4 skirt to work today and I literally cannot believe it. I am glad to be back but part of me is gun-shy about splurging...
I think I am going to stay on Stillmans during my work trip just to be on the safe side.... I don't think I am quite ready to handle maintenance again yet...not just yet....

I am sure you guys all understand this feeling right?
I know exactly what you mean! after maintaining for almost a year I just went off plan thinking I would be fine and clearly that was not the case.

Now I am back and I am gonna go back to haveing my m-f stills and weekend treats it was easy and it worked.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O Lav, so BE the picky eater! This is your LIFE we're talking here, to heck with them. They might as well get used to the new you!

And yeah TG clothes run HUGE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Size 4 jeans: NICE reward for "being picky". I suspect a lot of people would be happy to be picky if it meant they could fit into size 4s. (Even if the sizes run big at Target, any 4 is better than no 4, right?)
Quote:
i agree, be the picky eater. rock the boat a little, you do NOT have to be the good one that is so cooperative. it gets easier and easier. if they would take time to ask you the food you do eat, the menu would be oh so easy for them. meat, eggs, lowfat cheese. pretty simple. great job.
Haha trueee I guess you guys are right. I'm just usually so easygoing. I don't like to make things harder than they need to be for other people. It's not like they complain or anything, I just feel bad myself for making things complicated. lol

Quote:
Happy Birthdayyy! You should make a meat cake or something to celebrate. haha
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #87
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #88
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am starting stills again

After a couple trips and a bunch of bad eating I am at 170 which is 5 pounds shy of my heaviest weight ever.

Ak-happy to see you are back and rocking stills once again!

I wanted to post and just get this off my chestnow but I will read back on the last couple months to catch up on whats been going on here.
Yeah! Mar is back! You will have those pounds off in no time!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #89
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Be gentle on yourself. This is a hard journey and heading down the wrong path for a bit is so easy to do. You can and will be back on the right path.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #90
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

And as for me, I'm off plan. Intentionally. My weight loss has been painfully uneven, and I love fruit. So, yesterday, and today I'm eating fruit. Just fruit. Now, don't get me wrong - eating fruit is like drinking a cup of sugar - but I love fruit! I may do all fruit tomorrow too, depending on my weight gain from doing this.
Closed Thread