Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
ok: here is the first section of the article I found that talks about why low carb works, then stops working, etc.. this is so......helpful to me. i think this unlocks my questions i have been searching for. It's long, but I thought it might help others. What do you guys think???

------------------------------------------
I’ve received a few questions lately asking me how I managed to make a low carb diet work so well for me. These questions are coming from individuals who have tried The Atkins Diet, as written, but have not found it to work as promised. With all of the various Atkins' diets to choose from – Atkins ‘72, Atkins ‘92, Atkins ’99, Atkins 2002, and the latest version called A New Atkins for a New You – which one did I use? Which version worked best for me?

Other questions have asked how to make a low carb diet work, period. What can people do when Atkins stops working or when it doesn’t work to begin with? How can you tweak a low carb diet to achieve success? So this first post is going to be an introduction to that topic, and then future posts will go more into detail of how I actually lost over 100 pounds following a low carb diet.

The Atkins Diet as written is an attempt to reach the greatest majority of individuals. It is a general guideline that works for most people, but it does not work for everyone. Why? Because we are not personal patients of Dr. Atkins. When Dr. Atkins was still alive, he did a few interviews that shed light on the overall process of low carb weight loss. In those interviews, he clearly stated that low carb products were for maintenance and special occasions only, not for the Ongoing Weight Loss portion of his diet. He also said that he had to place almost all of his patients on temporary thyroid medication to help them reach goal weight.

I saw similar problems in myself. If you have about 50 pounds or less to lose and you are new to a low carb diet, any version of The Atkins Diet will get you to goal. If you are not new to The Atkins Diet, or if you have more than 50 pounds to lose, you might have trouble. That is because the body adapts to the dieting situation we have created for ourselves.

The body quickly learns how many ketones it needs to feed the brain, heart, and other body systems and organs that use ketones for fuel. It remembers that number from dieting attempt to dieting attempt, which is why Induction tends to produce less and less weight loss each time we go on it. In addition, the body slows down metabolism, to protect our fat stores, so we burn fewer calories as the diet continues. If you have developed food sensitivities, allergies or autoimmune problems along the way, those health issues will keep the intestines inflamed and interfere with the way the body absorbs nutrients and converts food and excess body fat into energy.

Once the body learns and adapts, the metabolic advantages of a low carb diet disappear. There is still the advantage of burning a few extra calories that are involved in the breakdown of protein, but over the course of the day, that isn’t very many. What results is a diet that contains no greater metabolic advantage than a general low calorie diet provides. I saw this tendency right from the get-go when I only lost 2 pounds on Induction when I started low carb dieting, yet again, at the beginning of 2007.

That was my fourth attempt to reach goal weight, so I completely stalled out within the first couple of months – even though I still weighed over 250 pounds. Although I’d had good success with the old Weight Watchers’ exchange program several years prior, my heart belonged to low carb dieting. I knew that it worked, because it had worked well for me before. In the ‘70s, I had shed my excess 40 pounds within only a couple of months.

I also knew that the principles being preached within the low carb community in early 2007 were not the same principles that were taught in connection with low carb dieting at the end of 1999. At that time, Dr. Atkins was still alive, so occasionally the members of the Atkins newsgroup would post his personal answers to some of the questions the members had about his diet. That is my background. It differs from those who preach the concepts of high fat and high calories. At 250 pounds, even though I am only five-feet tall and disabled, I was being told by many members of various egroups and forums that I needed to consume over 2,500 calories per day to prevent starvation mode. In fact, whenever anyone had an issue with losing weight, the general consensus is always to eat more fat!

Now, The Atkins Diet was never intended to be the high-fat diet that many within the low carb community have turned it into. Dr. Atkins has repeatedly stated that in his books, plus you can easily see that by picking up any version of The Atkins Diet and looking at the recipes found in the book. For example, in the 2002 version of the diet, the recipe for cauliflower salad uses only a quarter of a cup of mayonnaise to a whole head of cauliflower. Plus, it divides that salad into six servings for 85 calories and eight grams of fat per serving.

Likewise, a typical Induction Diet menu given in that same book consists of an omelet made with lean ham, avocado and tomato for breakfast, a Caesar salad topped with grilled chicken breast strips for lunch, and a juicy steak, roasted asparagus, a small side salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing and diet gelatin made with Splenda for dinner. The snack for the day was a stalk of celery stuffed with some herb cream cheese. While this menu is certainly higher in fat than a typical low calorie diet, it was far less fat and calories than people in the low-carb community were telling me to eat.

A quick glance at some of the weight loss success stories discussed in Dr. Atkins’ books revealed very surprising tendencies. When placed side by side, those who ate fewer calories and less fat lost weight quickly; those who ate more calories and fat lost weight slower. While weight loss isn’t a race, I had reached a point in my weight loss journey where I wasn’t losing any weight at all and needed to know why. The difference in the pattern between the various individuals was clear: The daily calories consumed and the amount of dietary fat in the diet mattered more than the amount of carbohydrate.

So, at that point, I decided that I needed to do a thorough study of all of the Atkins’ books because I realized that what Dr. Atkins taught and what the low carb community in general was saying did not agree. Unfortunately, I do not have all of Dr. Atkins’ books anymore to refer too. A couple of years ago, my sister-in-law set off a couple of flea bombs in our house that contaminated all of my possessions. That included the books in my living room bookshelf. The only possessions I was able to save were the books I had placed in a small, fully-enclosed VCR cabinet in my bedroom, plus whatever was in my bedroom closet or the garage.

That means, I no longer have a copy of the 1992 or 1999 Atkins’ books. At this stage in my journey, however, I don’t feel the need to re-buy them. So I won’t be able to prove what was in them, except for perhaps the quotes I’ve used in previous posts. Since proving my position isn’t what the questions I’ve been receiving lately are about, I plan to just move forward with this series such as things are and be more forthcoming than I was in my previous posts.

At that time, there was a lot of controversy going on within the low carb community regarding safe and unsafe low-carb practices, which isn’t being debated today. Today, there are far more individuals who have found themselves in my same position than there was then. Although low carb as written can help many individuals to reach their goals, perhaps my own personal experiences with tweaking a low carb diet can be of benefit to those who struggle to make them work.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
drive by.............our garage sailing with DH, soooo fun!

tomorrow is hunter gatherer day so won't see you folks til evening.......have a great day!

Meeting my adopted sister for lunch at the Davidson Brothers Brewery tomorrow, we haven't been there in a decade.........yuuuummmmmmmmm!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #33
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Thanks for the blog post, Shreem. I know for me, Atkins stopped working. I lost weight in college and before I was married with it, but ever since then it worked less and less until finally around 2000 when I gave it another go, it just didn't work at all. At the time, my son who was then a senior in high school suggested I eat less calories along with following Atkins. I just "knew" that couldn't be the answer! Who wants to give up bacon? It wasn't until I found the low carb low fat woe that I started losing weight again! I am not the poster child for this lifestyle 'cause I too easily stray, but I'm doing it. And I know the truth about digestive issues hindering weight loss. I have MS and one of the systems in my body it has attacked is my digestive system. I have a much easier time losing weight when my digestive system is working properly. Or almost properly. Anyway, I'm losing and feeling good!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 AM   #34
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

And by the way - Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you are all doing well!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
When I make it through this weekend, it will be my 4th cheat-free weekend! I'm now back down to where I was weight-wise in February-March.

I started school last year in the 160's...now I'm fighting to get out of the 170's...

It sure does seem harder this time around...I wonder if it's because I'm older?

I mainly eat meat...I'll eat a salad if I go out. I was eating fresh LC veggies earlier this summer, but they were so yummy I had control issues. It's easy for me to get satisfied but not overeat on meat.

We'll be back in the swing of things at school Monday. I hope I can adapt to being on my feet most of the day & keep eating this way. I am the librarian & computer lab gal at our school.

Which leads to an OT question...think back to when you were in grades 4-6...do you remember a book your teacher read out loud to you that you LOVED? I'm picking out some...and I love to hear what speaks to people!

Back to LC: I struggled from Christmas of 2011 till July of 2012 with eating on weekends and going up/down...then slowly creeping up with my weight about 15-20 lbs. I'm amazing at how quickly I can gain.

I surely can't say I've arrived...I know in the past I felt strong and cravings would seem to come from out of nowhere and hit me right in the face and I would give in.

But for the past month, I've felt a stronger resolve and I think it may be due to the fact that I quit snacking in between meals and ate really clean...mostly meat. I don't really restrict fat with my meat, so that seems to keep me satisfied for a long time.

I don't eat between meals...and I have been eating only twice a day.

I don't know how long I will do this...but it's working for me right now. I know some people are more successful with 3-6 small meals daily...keeps their metabolism going. I have really realized in the past year or so that truly each person's body is different and we have to find what works for our own selves...

When I was eating LC but just bouncing around the same numbers forever, I was eating way too much cheese, peanut butter and snacking way too much. Those are my slippery slope foods so right now I'm staying away from them.

Well, that's my Saturday morning rambling...I do drink coffee w/HWC & SF DaVinci's every morning...so that's why I'm chatty...haha

Everyone keep on doing what works for you! And if you slip & fall, jump back on the horse & carry on!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Thanks for the blog post, Shreem. I know for me, Atkins stopped working. I lost weight in college and before I was married with it, but ever since then it worked less and less until finally around 2000 when I gave it another go, it just didn't work at all. At the time, my son who was then a senior in high school suggested I eat less calories along with following Atkins. I just "knew" that couldn't be the answer! Who wants to give up bacon? It wasn't until I found the low carb low fat woe that I started losing weight again! I am not the poster child for this lifestyle 'cause I too easily stray, but I'm doing it. And I know the truth about digestive issues hindering weight loss. I have MS and one of the systems in my body it has attacked is my digestive system. I have a much easier time losing weight when my digestive system is working properly. Or almost properly. Anyway, I'm losing and feeling good!
thank you for sharing that. i think you are right with everything. i lose on low carb, low fat and low calorie. that's the formula for me, and that's stillman!!! so thankful for everyone on this post and so thankful for finding a way of eating that works for me.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #37
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

TAaaaaDAaaaaaaa! Introducing Mim - the newest member of the 30 pound club! Actually, 30.5 pounds! Happy Sunday, everyone! Yesterday I had to go to the office for about half an hour to finish up something before today. My car is making a weird noise and so I'm babying it until I can get it to the mechanic this week. My dd picked up the grandgirls and dropped me at my office. I was going to walk back. It was hot - about 90 but it wasn't too humid and the 25 minute walk home would have felt good. But some parishioners were there and they were just finishing up their work (they take turns cleaning the church) and when they realized I was going to walk home they wouldn't let me! Oh well, I'll get some exercise in today. And in spite of not getting to walk, I dropped 1.5 overnight! It has been quite some time since I dropped more than .5 in a day. The happy dance counts as exercise, right?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Mim!!!! Way to Go!!! I'm so proud of you and happy for you!

Quote:
TAaaaaDAaaaaaaa! Introducing Mim - the newest member of the 30 pound club! Actually, 30.5 pounds! Happy Sunday, everyone! Yesterday I had to go to the office for about half an hour to finish up something before today. My car is making a weird noise and so I'm babying it until I can get it to the mechanic this week. My dd picked up the grandgirls and dropped me at my office. I was going to walk back. It was hot - about 90 but it wasn't too humid and the 25 minute walk home would have felt good. But some parishioners were there and they were just finishing up their work (they take turns cleaning the church) and when they realized I was going to walk home they wouldn't let me! Oh well, I'll get some exercise in today. And in spite of not getting to walk, I dropped 1.5 overnight! It has been quite some time since I dropped more than .5 in a day. The happy dance counts as exercise, right?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

(hugs on a great job)

WAY TO GO, MIM!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL OF THAT GREAT NEWS. KEEP IT COMING.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

BECKY, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR POSTS.

DR. STILLMAN SUGGESTED EATING 6 SMALL MEALS A DAY. I DO THIS AND IT KEEPS MY METABOLISM RUNNING. SMALL AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN 6 TIMES A DAY. GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE IF IT HELPS. I FEEL GOOD EATING THIS WAY, AND END THE DAY WITH LOW CALORIES.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
BECKY, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR POSTS.

DR. STILLMAN SUGGESTED EATING 6 SMALL MEALS A DAY. I DO THIS AND IT KEEPS MY METABOLISM RUNNING. SMALL AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN 6 TIMES A DAY. GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE IF IT HELPS. I FEEL GOOD EATING THIS WAY, AND END THE DAY WITH LOW CALORIES.
Thank you!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I had several people tell me today that I look great - like I'm losing weight! This is the first time anyone other that the ones I've taken into my confidence have mentioned it. It felt great!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
I had several people tell me today that I look great - like I'm losing weight! This is the first time anyone other that the ones I've taken into my confidence have mentioned it. It felt great!
That's so much fun when people notice voluntarily...it's a reward, isn't it!

And SHREEM, thanks for posting that blog article. Always good to get more info.

I'm getting set for a busy, busy week...we move on Friday! We're in the "that's the last time we'll do such-and-such" here. Looking forward to the downsizing, and getting rid of the long commute to everything!

Dieting this week is going to be very convenience-oriented since my kitchen is almost all packed up except for the bare essentials...so I stocked up on Tyson grilled chicken, precooked turkey & chicken sausage, etc. Will be happy if I just stay the same, but would love to lose a little this week since I've been stuck at same weight for a week now.

Good luck to everyone this week...hope you all have a great losing week!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 08-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #44
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Be easy on yourself in your move. I find moving to be really fun and really hard and irritating! I'm going to have to move again in a few months. Have fun as you settle into your new place!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #45
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I am having a good Monday morning - I spent the afternoon and evening yesterday relaxing. Translation: vegging out on the couch! I needed a down day but I've got to get busy today both at work and at home. Yesterday I ate a lot of roast beef I fixed in the crock pot. I need to eat out of my freezer and roast sounded good! I'm up a pound today, but it should be back off tomorrow. I hope so at any rate 'cause tomorrow is my weigh in day. However, even if it doesn't come off by then, I'll still show a loss for the week which is very good! Happy Monday everyone!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning to all...having my morning coffee (and putting off the packing for a little while, lol) Enjoying a relatively cool morning for the first time in a few weeks...though the hot weather is coming right back this week with the highs in the mid 90s again.

Still stalled on the danged scale...think I must be retaining water because I'm not eating carbage. Hopefully one of these days I'll get the magic overnight whoosh and be back on the losing track.

Have a great Monday (I know, oxymoron )
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Quote:
Congrats!!!! That is an amazing accomplishment! Can't wait to join you in that club....about 14 more for me to go!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Good morning ladies!!! Hopefully everybodys day is off to a good start! Today marked 2 weeks since I started Stillmans and my total weight loss is.....12lbs. I'm proud of myself for sticking with the plan and resisting temptations on a daily basis!!! I feel 100% better and love the results this far. I plan on staying on for another 2 weeks....until I leave for vacation to Florida! Hoping to lose about 6 more lbs by than! I'm thankful for this forum and all the support ,info, and advice you ladies give!!! Cheers to losing more FAT!!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
Good morning ladies!!! Hopefully everybodys day is off to a good start! Today marked 2 weeks since I started Stillmans and my total weight loss is.....12lbs. I'm proud of myself for sticking with the plan and resisting temptations on a daily basis!!! I feel 100% better and love the results this far. I plan on staying on for another 2 weeks....until I leave for vacation to Florida! Hoping to lose about 6 more lbs by than! I'm thankful for this forum and all the support ,info, and advice you ladies give!!! Cheers to losing more FAT!!
WAY TO GO!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Labhrain
Stats: 230/170/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: December 2010
Hello, everyone. I haven't posted for about a week, but am doing well. I've lost a couple of more pounds on Stillman. Shreem, I really enjoyed the blogpost above. It pretty much fits for me. I lost really easily on Atkins for a while (about 10 months, then it just came to a screeching halt.) The kcals were just too high, and I needed to get them down. Going lower protein didn't work (too darn hungry,) so lower fat was the answer. Fat's more kcal dense, anyway, so you can knock off a lot of kcals by lowering fat.

This has been my only time doing low carb, and I've enjoyed it and the benefits it's brought me enough that I'll never go back. I've been doing it for 20 months, even though I stalled out for the past 10 (until moving to Stillman.) All I've ever heard is that low carb should be "high" fat and a lot of concerns about "starvation mode." Well, I do think some things have been blown out of proportion, and the blogpost seems to suggest that is quite the case. Glad Stillman is a workable option for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhrain View Post
Hello, everyone. I haven't posted for about a week, but am doing well. I've lost a couple of more pounds on Stillman. Shreem, I really enjoyed the blogpost above. It pretty much fits for me. I lost really easily on Atkins for a while (about 10 months, then it just came to a screeching halt.) The kcals were just too high, and I needed to get them down. Going lower protein didn't work (too darn hungry,) so lower fat was the answer. Fat's more kcal dense, anyway, so you can knock off a lot of kcals by lowering fat.

This has been my only time doing low carb, and I've enjoyed it and the benefits it's brought me enough that I'll never go back. I've been doing it for 20 months, even though I stalled out for the past 10 (until moving to Stillman.) All I've ever heard is that low carb should be "high" fat and a lot of concerns about "starvation mode." Well, I do think some things have been blown out of proportion, and the blogpost seems to suggest that is quite the case. Glad Stillman is a workable option for me.
i'm so happy for you. i know what you mean on screaming halt, and then it was even hard to maintain. for a while it was effortless and like a dream because it worked so well. but i was also very tired eating that way. that fat just exhausted me. then even though stillmans has worked so well for me and i am maintaining for well-i keep going back and doing an atkins high fat day every now and then-and the results are almost always the same (weight gain right away). because i was successful with the atkins high fat at first it is really hard not to keep trying again and again to make it work. there is one high fat food i add in every now and again that makes me feel great and amazingly never seems to cause weight gain for me and that is almond butter. sometimes it even causes a weight loss for me. i have not figured it out yet.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

i found 94% fat free ground beef today! Yippee Yahoo. it was expensive, so i passed on buying, but i love the idea of a lean hamburger.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow MIM way to go!

internet was down til this morning...........yikes! Along with DirecTV messing up last night, it's been a fun end to the weekend, thank you Lord for the DVD player

Nice and cool today and tomorrow, so I will be cooking up a storm to avoid the heat and humidity later this week..........

Wanted to know if anyone saw the Sugar is Toxic piece on CBS last night. They are beginning to have proof of it's link to cancer.

Which Barry Groves has been saying for years.............
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhrain View Post

Good for you, sticking with it & losing a bit more. Every loss counts! Something I have noticed...a lot of the folks posting about how important all that fat is are the people who are either stalled or losing at an incredibly slow pace (like 5 lbs a year) To me, if you're trying to lose weight...and you're not losing weight...then you're doing something wrong! Yet so many on the regular low carb boards just keep suggesting to "up the fat" or "go up the carb ladder". That and the insistence that you don't have to count calories...as if there's some real magic going on with low carb that says you can eat 1000s of calories with no negative effects. The truth is calories and carbs and fat DO count...and anyone who wants to continue losing has to get around to that notion if they want to continue towards goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i found 94% fat free ground beef today! Yippee Yahoo. it was expensive, so i passed on buying, but i love the idea of a lean hamburger.
I haven't seen any that low...but we do occasionally buy the 90% lean gr. beef...and just squeeze & blot out as much of the extra fat as we can. The sad part is that the *lean* gr beef just doesn't make very good burgers, KWIM
Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post

Good for you, sticking with it & losing a bit more. Every loss counts! Something I have noticed...a lot of the folks posting about how important all that fat is are the people who are either stalled or losing at an incredibly slow pace (like 5 lbs a year) To me, if you're trying to lose weight...and you're not losing weight...then you're doing something wrong! Yet so many on the regular low carb boards just keep suggesting to "up the fat" or "go up the carb ladder". That and the insistence that you don't have to count calories...as if there's some real magic going on with low carb that says you can eat 1000s of calories with no negative effects. The truth is calories and carbs and fat DO count...and anyone who wants to continue losing has to get around to that notion if they want to continue towards goals.

I haven't seen any that low...but we do occasionally buy the 90% lean gr. beef...and just squeeze & blot out as much of the extra fat as we can. The sad part is that the *lean* gr beef just doesn't make very good burgers, KWIM
I'm lucky, because i do like the taste of the lean ground beef-but it is only an occasional burger. I am right on track with you on the fat thing for people losing 5 pounds in one year. that is not my idea of something working or even at stall--too many calories and everything else.

this is why I keep saying THANK YOU to all of you for going against the low carb norm and i say THANK YOU in my heart to dr stillman for sticking to his ways and supporting great thin bodies. low calories, low carbs and low fat are all equally important to my success with weight maintainence or loss. i'm learning that when i get to a certain level of calories in the day, no matter what time-i have to shut it down and just drink water or diet soda and wait it out till morning. i am usually very happy in the morning that i stuck it out and ready for breakfast. there is nothing like enjoying a great breakfast when you wake up feeling thin and lean.

Last edited by Shreem; 08-06-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow MIM way to go!

internet was down til this morning...........yikes! Along with DirecTV messing up last night, it's been a fun end to the weekend, thank you Lord for the DVD player

Nice and cool today and tomorrow, so I will be cooking up a storm to avoid the heat and humidity later this week..........

Wanted to know if anyone saw the Sugar is Toxic piece on CBS last night. They are beginning to have proof of it's link to cancer.

Which Barry Groves has been saying for years.............
glad you got your internet back...hoping we have a smooth transition on Friday (moving day) Supposedly the internet/phone/direcTV is all supposed to be hooked up/switched on for us on Friday so we'll not have any "down time". But we'll see! I'd be going through major withdrawal symptoms if we're not "on" Friday, lol.

We watched the Olympics last night...

Have not paid a whole lot of attention to those kinds of shows...my personal philosophy is probably everything is toxic in the wrong quantities or combinations.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnySteph
Stats: 170/133/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: August 2012
Hi everyone! So today was my first day doing Stillmans QWL and I have alternated between starving and feeling like there is a brick in my stomach. I had a chicken breast, hardboiled eggs, and eggdrop soup. Lots of water. I eat as needed but feel famished 20 minutes after. Is this a normal part of transitioning, and if so hw long do I have to wait it out.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #58
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnySteph View Post
Hi everyone! So today was my first day doing Stillmans QWL and I have alternated between starving and feeling like there is a brick in my stomach. I had a chicken breast, hardboiled eggs, and eggdrop soup. Lots of water. I eat as needed but feel famished 20 minutes after. Is this a normal part of transitioning, and if so hw long do I have to wait it out.

Hi and welcome! The first few days are tough - don't expect to feel good. Make sure you eat when you feel hungry, even if it is 20 minutes later. Remember that in a few days 3-5 usually, you will feel great! And the scale will be your friend.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #59
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I had my weigh in today and for the week lost 2 pounds! That is good since some of the week I was losing what I gained when I binged Monday night. I am probably not going to see the Stilly 5 anymore but I'm going to keep trying for it. However, losing every week will keep me happy. I've now lost 31 pounds and am under 100 left to lose! Just barely - 99.5 left to lose - but under 100 nonetheless!

Today I'm going to the amusement park and will back my tuna. I love going because it gives me sunshine and exercise. And I love watching the grandgirls.

I saw a banner yesterday that said: This is the last summer I'm going to be fat. Yup! That's me! I'll be at goal by next summer!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnySteph
Stats: 170/133/115
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: August 2012
Wow, yesterday was my first day, and I even cheated a bit by having a bowl of cereal at 2 am, and I still lost 1.5 pounds! Holy moly, I haven't seen the scale budge in a month! I am sticking with this now, no cheating period. I am so excited, I hav my little sister's wedding in a month and I wanted to be down to my pre-kid size before then. Now I just have to get my husband on borad, he is about 40 lbs heavier thn he wants to be and complains about it constantly.
Closed Thread