Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Comparing the Stillman Diet and the Atkins Diet
May 5, 2010
The Stillman diet is more closer to the Atkins diet than the South Beach diet is. The South Beach diet works on the bases of eating the right types of carbohydrates. Where as the Stillman diet and the Atkins diet focus on no carbohydrates to low carbohydrates. As well both the Stillman diet and the Atkins diet are high protein diets. In this they both promote the consumption of high amounts of protein. Both believing that the restriction of carbohydrates and the increase in protein will aid in rapid weight loss. Both diets are right in their belief that this will allow for rapid weight loss.
While the Stillman diet cuts out all forms of carbohydrates and fats and puts the dieter on a very strict food list, the Atkins diet allows for small amounts of carbohydrates and an unrestricted amount of fats. Most people will use the Stillman diet in connection with the Atkins diet for this reason. While on the Atkins diet some dieters will switch to the Stillman diet to get over any stalls with their weight loss while on the Atkins diet.

It is no wonder that with the similarities in the diets that the Stillman diet was competition for the Atkins diet back in the 1970s. Nor is it any wonder that in todays fad diet era of low carbohydrates that both are making a come back.

You can read a complete Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review
__________________
I'd rather be hated for who I am , Than loved for who I am not -Kurt Cobain Christine


Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Angelstill is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Oh, and another personal experience I had with this WOE was when I reached a stall I did not need to increase my fat consumption , instead I followed the turkey diet for 3 days and voila .... Atkins can be done in in a lower fat ratio and still lose weight however, the results for weight loss will take longer .... That was just my personal experience everyone is different ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
There's 2 things you must do when you fall off the Wagon
1- Fix the Wagon
2- Become a better rider
-from Muscle & Fitness Hers Nov/Dec'05 issue



Angelstill is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
<--------- BECOMING A BETTER RIDER ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Yes it is important to let it go Shreem .... People even myself had to learn the hard way which way will the weight come off .... I think seeing ourselves shrink in the mirror is proof enough and it is a personal decision on how much reaching your goal weight matters .... I feel a difference in my clothes and if they get too tight then it is time to get strict lol I was not sold onto this WOE by anyone but me .... I researched, tried and was extremely pleased .... I am glad we are on the same page too ....
you are awesome.!!!! I'm holding tight on the all protein day, mainly meat, too. lots of water and i have allowed myself some diet coke today, too (but not much). Tomorrow morning will be GREAT!
Shreem is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Comparing the Stillman Diet and the Atkins Diet
May 5, 2010
The Stillman diet is more closer to the Atkins diet than the South Beach diet is. The South Beach diet works on the bases of eating the right types of carbohydrates. Where as the Stillman diet and the Atkins diet focus on no carbohydrates to low carbohydrates. As well both the Stillman diet and the Atkins diet are high protein diets. In this they both promote the consumption of high amounts of protein. Both believing that the restriction of carbohydrates and the increase in protein will aid in rapid weight loss. Both diets are right in their belief that this will allow for rapid weight loss.
While the Stillman diet cuts out all forms of carbohydrates and fats and puts the dieter on a very strict food list, the Atkins diet allows for small amounts of carbohydrates and an unrestricted amount of fats. Most people will use the Stillman diet in connection with the Atkins diet for this reason. While on the Atkins diet some dieters will switch to the Stillman diet to get over any stalls with their weight loss while on the Atkins diet.

It is no wonder that with the similarities in the diets that the Stillman diet was competition for the Atkins diet back in the 1970s. Nor is it any wonder that in todays fad diet era of low carbohydrates that both are making a come back.

You can read a complete Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review
Terrific Post!!!
Shreem is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Oh, and another personal experience I had with this WOE was when I reached a stall I did not need to increase my fat consumption , instead I followed the turkey diet for 3 days and voila .... Atkins can be done in in a lower fat ratio and still lose weight however, the results for weight loss will take longer .... That was just my personal experience everyone is different ....
I haven't tried the all turkey days, but every says it's awesome. I think i will try. i go to the market and look to see what meat is on sale and then i get that. we have ground beef on sale a lot, so i've been doing that more lately, but will watch for the ground turkey sales.
Shreem is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
so after all this talk about meat on sale, i went to the store and bought chicken breast, lean ground beef (80percent lean) and ground 99% fat free chicken breast. All good price. Looked for turkey and it's double the beef, so I'll wait. No sure why turkey is sky high. I also know that cooking my own meat at home, rather than eating processed meats is night and day different. there is always sugar and other stuff in the deli meats.
Shreem is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #279
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm home! I had a great time on vacation and stayed on plan some and not on plan some. And I've gained some. But I got home late last night and started back on plan today. I'll weigh Tuesday - my regular weigh in day. I'll check in later - lots to do. Fortunately I'm off until Tuesday!
Mim is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
awesome, job Mim!!!
Shreem is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
September's Thread

Remember Stillman's QWL for September !!!!
Angelstill is offline  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I'm home! I had a great time on vacation and stayed on plan some and not on plan some. And I've gained some. But I got home late last night and started back on plan today. I'll weigh Tuesday - my regular weigh in day. I'll check in later - lots to do. Fortunately I'm off until Tuesday!
Back mim !!!! I hope you had a wonderful time !!!!
Angelstill is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.