Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Remykins
Stats: 139/132/128
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 6th 2009
I kept going, I worked out yesterday again- so I could give myself a treat for dinner:
Lean turkey burger with fresh herbs on a 'lower fat' oopsie roll.
I added low carb smoked spicy ketchup and very thin slices of pickles and a extra thin slice of cheese. I was sure it was going to stall me-

But it didnt! Scale says 134.6
This was my weight pre-third surgery this winter. Im waiting till 133 to try on the dress.

I hope everyone else is still on for this week, this forum helped so much keeping me accountable!
Deen? Glade? Lucky? Foxy? Little?
Remykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Good morning, guys! What's up, Remykins? lol Well, I've had a good past two days -- stuck to plan. I'm scared to get on the scale, though, because last time I showed a gain. (also, it's TOM) Basically, I'm going to try to remain on all this week, but take a few regular low carb, induction-style days if I need em (this sounds like a stupid reason, but I have a few ingredients for low carb recipes that are not Stillman's legal that I'd like to use up before we travel in early Aug. -- I know, the exciting life of a suburban mom! lol) Anyway, sounds like you guys are doing fantastic -- Remykins -- very nice progress! WTG!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Egg recipes (Stillmans friendly) That i have been using:

Bread:
3 egg white- whip to stiff peaks with cream of tarter
Mix 1 oz low fat cream cheese, 1/4 cup shredded low fat moz cheese and one egg yolk

Gently fold together with some dried herbs (italian mix is fine). Poor into muffin top pans and bake at 300 for 30 minutes or so. You will have 'bread'- You can add all sorts of things- I often put chicken breast and a little marinara sauce.

OR, take this bread, dip it is more frothy egg with cinnamon and splenda and fry- you just made french toast!

Egg drop soup- yummy (watch the sodium)

Fry egg whites and use them as a tortilla for items- add fresh herbs over the top to cover the 'egg' taste' (chicken, cheese and salsa- italian herbs and chicken, etc
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Hi guys! Looks like you have all seen success on this plan! This is my first time trying this diet or any LCD for that matter! I have tried many diets before and now I'm ready to succeed with this one! I am a major sweets a holic....I love my cookies, brownies, m&ms...but I'm sacrificing it all so I could look good and feel good! Today is my first day and so far so good.....hope I can keep this up for 2 weeks and than maybe switch to Atkins....

I totally binged last night with chips, ice cream, and eggs so this morning my scale read 206....we will see what tomorrow may bring!!!
BleuSparkl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
Hi guys! Looks like you have all seen success on this plan! This is my first time trying this diet or any LCD for that matter! I have tried many diets before and now I'm ready to succeed with this one! I am a major sweets a holic....I love my cookies, brownies, m&ms...but I'm sacrificing it all so I could look good and feel good! Today is my first day and so far so good.....hope I can keep this up for 2 weeks and than maybe switch to Atkins....

I totally binged last night with chips, ice cream, and eggs so this morning my scale read 206....we will see what tomorrow may bring!!!
Welcome!

May I make a suggestion? Switching from a high carb diet to this one is going to really stress your system. I would recommend doing Atkins induction for 2 weeks, then trying this diet. Atkins induction will drop the weight extremely fast, and then prepare you to stillmans. But of course, the choice is up to you
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Good morning, guys! What's up, Remykins? lol Well, I've had a good past two days -- stuck to plan. I'm scared to get on the scale, though, because last time I showed a gain. (also, it's TOM) Basically, I'm going to try to remain on all this week, but take a few regular low carb, induction-style days if I need em (this sounds like a stupid reason, but I have a few ingredients for low carb recipes that are not Stillman's legal that I'd like to use up before we travel in early Aug. -- I know, the exciting life of a suburban mom! lol) Anyway, sounds like you guys are doing fantastic -- Remykins -- very nice progress! WTG!
Thank you so, so, so much.
I need all the encouragement I can get- I can hear the voices in my head 'Have a glass of wine- you worked out today' Eek.

I think I am going to go try on my dress again and prove to myself that I need to rid myself of these last couple lbs so I can be back pre-surgerys weight!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

I'm fairly new to the low carb diets and chose this one because a friend recommended it. I will look into the induction plan as you suggested....thank you!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm fairly new to the low carb diets and chose this one because a friend recommended it. I will look into the induction plan as you suggested....thank you!!!
Bleu- Your looking to drop the weight, then keep it off! yay. Awesome. You need to educate yourself and find what works for you- by all means, hang in stillmans- but at the same time, Atkins will teach you how to lose, and keep it off!
Understanding the science behind your body is key, if you will do some reading, you will be rewarded with less weight, better health and a smile that never stops!

Stillmans is easy in theory, it will come off, but it is tough to stick with- execution over a few days- eek.

You will do great, just being here is a great start
we are here for you, of course. If you have more questions, ask away!

Last edited by Remykins; 07-23-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
Hi everyone. Glad everyone is doing so good. I have been sticking to plan for the most part. Yesterday I went to lunch with a few friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I had a chef salad, (that was breakfast) and I had 8 oz. chicken breast for lunch, then 6 oz. fish for supper. I did good sunday too. I'll be stepping on the scales in about an hour. Last Tuesday I was 175, so 2 or 3 more pounds would be great. Been hitting the gym too. Only twice last week, but going to get in 3 workouts this week.

Breakfast this morning was 3 hardboiled eggs.

L: 8 oz. chicken breast

D: 10 oz. fish
gladee88er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Scale was not my friend today...
I must be retaining water... 136 it said. Maybe it was the lamb? maybe there was hidden sugar in the lamb? or lots of salt?

Today I have weight training for 1.5 hours. Food:
B: Leftover small piece of lamb
S: Egg
L: Ground chicken
D: Tilpapia

Lots of water.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

You're doing good Remykins. You don't have much to lose, so I wouldn't worry about what the scales say. If you weigh once a week, under the same conditions, that should give you a good idea. I weighed in at exactly 172 today. That makes it a 5 lb. loss in 8 days following the plan the best I could.

Over the weekend I started to drink Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. It seems to fill the void of not having any fats in the diet. Energy was very low at the gym today, but I have more than enough to get through the basic daily tasks. I need to watch the soda, because I can easily drink a 2 liter bottle in a few hours. Didn't seem to stall weight loss at all though.

Overall I'm quite impressed with the loss (and a little surprised). I think the first 3 pounds lost this week was water, but I feel I did lose around 2 lbs. of fat, so I'm very happy right now. Tomorrow will be VLC with about 70-80 grams of fat to try to get some energy back. I'm supposed to go mountain biking all day Thursday, so it should help. Hope everyone keeps posting. You all are really keeping me accountable. These forums really help me a lot.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Well day 1 down and now on to day 2....I think this challenge is going to be harder than anything else I've done, including quitting smoking!!! I'm proud of myself for sticking to the plan and hopefully today will be another successful day. I weighed myself this morning and was impressed with the loss...201.5...I'm assuming it's all water but I'll take any decrease on the scale. Wishing everybody a good day!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyNic13
Stats: Since restarting: 242/199/190; Sizes: 14/10/8
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 19, 2012 (restarted Atkins)
Hey guys!
So I had to stop Stillman's for a day or so. It wasn't because of the food or anything, it was because I was having horrible body aches. My legs, arms and back were aching and I can't figure out why and people were saying it must be the diet. I am only 29 and am very healthy. I don't ever have problems like this, rarely get sick, etc. the fatigue and aches were wearing me down. I am not sure if others have experienced this? Is there a way around it?

In the 4 days I stayed on plan I lost 8 lbs:
Day 1- -3
Day 2- -2.6
Day 3- -1.8
Day 4- -0.6

I would like to try this again. I can see why people find it difficult in the long term, but it's not impossible. I also would like to add I was faithful with my water- 12-15 cups a day. Although the scale says 8lbs It is almost like I lost more because I can actually see my weight loss on the mirror which I am sure you all know pretty much never happens. I do not think its all "water".

So if anyone has any info about muscle aches-let me know! Good luck to everyone who is still going strong!
LuckyNic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyNic13
Stats: Since restarting: 242/199/190; Sizes: 14/10/8
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 19, 2012 (restarted Atkins)
BlueSpark that is an awesome loss! What are you eating?? Please share your menu!
LuckyNic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Glade- Im not sure if the diet soda has an effect- YMMV

I know that I have been drinking diets sodas- caffeine and caffeine free about 4 a day since I started. I know the AS isnt good, but I crave that sweet cold fizzy- I tried replacing them with other options, but to be honest nothing is as convenient.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Checking in...

Hi, everybody! Good to know you guys are hangin' in there. Welcome to the thread, Bluestar and LuckyNic (did I forget anybody? lol) Remykins, thanks for the egg recipes. I think I'm gonna start offically getting my feet wet with those next week. This week has been *pretty* good -- still not perfect, but good. Two days were strict Stillman's (I'm counting Sunday) -- but today was Atkins induction levels (some dairy and some Dreamfields -- so, I'm saying induction levels, but that is only if we believe that Dreamfields really only has 5g of carbs). Still scared of the scale -- lol -- but will weigh Friday morning probably. Nighty night, everybody!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNic13 View Post
BlueSpark that is an awesome loss! What are you eating?? Please share your menu!
Yeah I was pretty shocked to see the scale myself!!! My menu is very bland....
B: 1 scrambled egg
L: 1 pc of chicken breast
D: 1 pc of chicken breast
S: 1 hard boiled egg and 1 sugar free jello cup
I also drink about 80oz of water a day.
I'm surprisingly not hungry, however, today I had a headache ....hopefully it won't be back tomorrow!! My goal is to stay on this plan for 2 weeks than switch over to something else...Atkins maybe?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

135 (again). I have increased my workouts, my muscles may be retaining some water.
Im going to slice my calories today, the past few days I was at 1200 or so, Im going to cut the workout, and decrease the calories to 800

Im also going to cut out a bunch of AS, normally I have been having about 6-7 drinks a day with it in it- Im going to try to cut it down to 3 and see if that helps. I had written in the top part of my day planner 133 for friday- not sure if that is doable any longer

Last edited by Remykins; 07-25-2012 at 06:54 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I went off the wagon yesterday, I had wine. I drank tons of water- Here I am with this funny number... I dont know if I can believe it...hmmm.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Increased my fats yesterday like I planned. Today is going to be strict Stillmans:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 8 oz. chicken breast

D: 8 oz. chicken breast

Hitting the gym hard today too. Can't go mountain biking today because of the weather, so it looks like the stairmaster is on today.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Day 4 for me and this morning I was at 199...YAY.....very proud of myself. I've been good however, today I was feeling really weak so I ate a salad for lunch. I've been out bike riding yesterday by the beach as well as today...so not sure if all that activity had an effect. I felt soooo much better after the salad and now I'm back to the norm. Gonna switch out my chicken breast for dinner for some hamburger meat! Hope everyone is having a good day!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

136. Im just yoyoing up and down.
I think I need a day on straight induction, then pickup again for Saturday. Im under a ton of stress at work, maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by Remykins; 07-27-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Stayed strict to the plan again today:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 6 oz. chicken breast

L #2: 4 oz. chicken breast

D: 8 oz. cod

Fat around my midsection is almost gone. Next week I should start seeing some abs come in. I was going to go back to LC Induction next week, but the fat is melting off now. One more week of Stillmans. Replacing the chicken with fish for dinner really seems to be working for me. I can't remember who mentioned it last week...but thanks!!

Tomorrow I am upping the fat a little with 2 meals of cube steak to fuel a real heavy squat workout in the afternoon. The only thing I don't like is that I'm drinking a lot of diet soda to keep my cravings down. Otherwise I would have gone through a couple of jars of peanut butter this week . Lets keep it going everyone!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remykins View Post
136. Im just yoyoing up and down.
I think I need a day on straight induction, then pickup again for Saturday. Im under a ton of stress at work, maybe that has something to do with it.
That may help a lot Remykins. You are so close to goal. Do 1 more strict week with me! We will keep each other accountable. You might only need one more week. I think it's a good idea to have a high-fat day here and there. That way your body has to keep adjusting, so when you go back to a regular induction diet, your body won't rebound and gain 3 or 4 pounds. After tomorrows higher fat day, I'm going to try to stay very strict until next Saturday (have a wedding to go to, so I'll be off plan that day.)

I know it's hard to diet and deal with stress, but you're doing good!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day 4 for me and this morning I was at 199...YAY.....very proud of myself. I've been good however, today I was feeling really weak so I ate a salad for lunch. I've been out bike riding yesterday by the beach as well as today...so not sure if all that activity had an effect. I felt soooo much better after the salad and now I'm back to the norm. Gonna switch out my chicken breast for dinner for some hamburger meat! Hope everyone is having a good day!!!
Way to go Blue. I've had to add in a small vege meal here and there too just to keep myself sane . Congrats on reaching onederland!! This surely isn't a race...it's a marathon. I'll be right there with you next week, so let's keep this thing going
Old 07-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Hey Glade what do you mean by having a high fat day....is this a whole cheat or some other plan? I had to switch it up with the chicken breast...so today I had some beef hamburger patties. They were delicious....lol...I was getting tired of the chicken! I'm not much of a chef in the kitchen so I was wondering how do you all season your meats???
Well it's been a rough couple of days but I am getting used to it and it's becoming easier to resist temptations!!!! I'm thrilled with the results this far and can't wait to see more!!! have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I consider it a higher fat day when I add beef to the menu (instead of chicken breast or fish). I'll also take one or two tbls. of coconut oil on these days...like today. For spices, I have 2 different mixes I'm currently using on the chicken and fish:

1.) Vege pepper I get at a natural foods store in bulk. It's a gormet pepper blend with dried flakes of green and red pepper. To that I add dried onion and garlic granuals, and some seasoning salt. This goes good on both the chicken and fish. Sometimes I'll add a good amount of paprica to the spice blend to the chicken.

2.) Mix of Caribean Jerk seasoning, onion granuals, and garlic powder. Usually add some seasoning salt to this too.

I also do a little trick to my chicken breasts to seem like more food. I place the breast between a folded piece of plastic wrap, and pound it flat with one of those hammers that have a flat side and a tenderizing side. I use the flat side and flatten it out so it covers my whole frying pan. It cooks even too!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Ill hang in there another week....
134.5 after my 'off' day. I am going to be really strict, I want to see how much I can drop by the 2nd...
B: Egg white omelet (little goat cheese)
L: Broiled Tilpaia
D: Roasted Chicken, skin removed

However, I am not going to take away my AS in drinks- when I do that, I basically go crazy- I will sub out 1/2 at least half of my drinks for water
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catk
WOE: stillman,atkins,paleo
Start Date: july 30 2012
First timer

ok is anyone starting in august or now i want a buddy to crab to or go its working. Im starting today at 196 and i have a cruise on Aug 24th so i want to be at least 15 down so if you have done it with success please post thanks.
catk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

catk- We are posting. We had all had success, go ahead and read the previous posts. We are not 'starting' in august, however glade and I will be going for another week.

I will be traveling thursday, friday and sunday. It will be tough for me to stay on track- I have a feeling many of my meals will be chicken breast (I will be thinking of you glade! haha) considering I will have to eat at restaurants.

Its almost dinner time here- I have been uber good. I have to get back on track!