Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Good morning, folks -- well, it appears the scale is my friend again this morning! Down another 1.3 lbs for a grand total of just a smidgeon over 226 (hoping to be at 225 by week's end, and under 220 by the wedding in 2 1/2 weeks. Here's my food for today:

B: Turkey sausage and tea

L: LF hot dog and mustard, coffee

S: LF cottage cheese, maybe sf jello

D: Chicken breast or possibly fish, if I get out to the grocery

Foxylady -- thanks for the tip about the fish at night -- I had it last night and showed a loss, so maybe I'll try the same tonight. How's everyone holding up?
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Remykins
Stats: 139/132/128
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 6th 2009
Holding.... This is day 2 for me. I dont sleep well, or at all when VLC/cal. I stay up late, and get up early.

Im going to take some magnesium tonight before bed. Im a little frustrated the scale went up- im sure that has to be the water weight (I ate TONS of high sodium chicken broth yesterday- not good but moving on).

Deen I cant wait to see some results!
Remykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Glad everyone is doing so well this week!

Scales... I love the new ones with the .2 readings!

Down -.6 today so I am heading toward 20# off!!! Hopefully by the end of this week!!!

Fish... I love shrimp, lobster... swordfish, halibut... didn't like the tilapia so much last night. Baked it in the oven with a few spices and lemon juice. I ate a little bit.

Welcome to our other newbie on this thread. You're doing well. Stick with the strict protocol of Stillman's and you'll do great!

Not sleeping... it's one of those hormonal things I think. I take an over the counter sleeping pill and 1 magnesium every night before bed... otherwise I wake up after a few hours and don't go back to sleep for hours. Ever since menopause.

I'm having some grilled leftover chicken for lunch with some lowfat cottage cheese.

I'm marinating some chicken breast tenders to grill for dinner and I also have some turkey sausage to make if I so desire. Jennie O makes some fabulous, tasty turkey products these days and I've done very well with them. You should try some of them... one is a Hot Link Turkey Sausage, another is taco seasoned ground turkey... very yummy.

Have a successful Stillman's day everyone!
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to check in real quick before the end of the night. Today was good -- stayed on plan. Did have another couple of servings of the sf jello, though (cherry made with lime seltzer is awesome!) -- I don't know what it is about that stuff, but I like it. Hopefully it will not affect losses tomorrow. One question, though -- I did another ketostick today, and it showed only trace amounts of ketones. Now, I've been drinking a ton of water -- so does that just mean I'm hydrated -- or do you think it's the sf jello? The scale will tell, I guess...
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
Way to stay on plan Deen! You're doing great! I wouldn't rely on those ketostix. A lot of people on the boards have said they aren't real reliable, but like you said, the scales will tell the story.

I stuck to plan also, and today will be a carbon copy of the last 3 days:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs, black coffee

L: 8 oz. chicken breast

D: 8 oz. of chicken breast

This is all I've eaten all week, not cheated once. Absolutely no hunger, and zero cravings. I know I've lost a lot so far. Think I'm close to 170. Had to tighten the belt another notch since Monday. Really looking foreward to having some broccoli and cauliflour in cream sauce this weekend. I might try to hold of till Sunday to have a cheat meal, then do the same plan next week. Next week will be fish in the evenings. Good luck today everyone.
gladee88er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post

This is all I've eaten all week, not cheated once. Absolutely no hunger, and zero cravings. I know I've lost a lot so far. Think I'm close to 170. Had to tighten the belt another notch since Monday. Really looking foreward to having some broccoli and cauliflour in cream sauce this weekend. I might try to hold of till Sunday to have a cheat meal, then do the same plan next week. Next week will be fish in the evenings. Good luck today everyone.
Gladee, I would be interested to see just how much weight. Im glad you are loving the results- If i ever creep up again, I would like to take pictures next time of my before and after, I think that would be awesome.

Yesterday was clean.

I had issues with the scale bouncing around by a ton of water weight (136, then the next day 139.6 kind of thing). I had originally 8-10lbs to lose, but after a few months of watching every oz of food, the scale never went below 136.4- UNTIL TODAY!

Morning weigh in: 135.4

I do have a quandary- from 12-8pm I will be outside (in the crazy heat), at a festival (all you can eat ice cream). There is a hot dog stand- but no other form of food for miles- and to top it off, I cant bring a cooler.

I checked and the hot dog stand says they have chicken sausage. Im goign to try and 'escape' and drive somewhere- but if I cant, looks like I will be having chicken sausage for dinner- I think that will be fine- but we will see.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, Are any of you putting things into ******? Are you calculating your calories, fat, protein, etc?

I have been, and i would be interested to compare.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Way to go, you guys!

Gladee -- I really admire how clean you eat and how strictly you stick to plan (no fake foods, like me) -- I am going to try to copy that. I like that darned sf jello -- but many times was I thinking about tomato and spinach pizza and fettucine alfredo last night. I think it's giving me cravings. :/ But, that's awesome about your weight loss! Are you going to still keep going after you hit your goal of 170? Not my call, obviously, but I'd be shocked if you need to -- you look pretty lean in your profile pic! Either way, nice work.

Remykins -- Good job on the clean eating yesterday. I'm sure the chicken sausage will probably be fine -- even if it's not perfectly, 100% legal, I'm sure it's close, and you'll be getting lots of activity at the festival. Just chug that water, girly!
Oh, and to your question: I don't do ******, but I do this other one called Slimkicker (it's kind of fun -- it's like a game where you level-up by logging your food and doing challenges and stuff) ... lemme go look at my stats for yesterday (it's been about the same every day this week):

Calories are only at 504 (!) -- it's amazing I don't have more hunger. Sometimes my stomach feels empty, but I'm still not hungry. Weird.

Fat: 16.5 grams

Carbs: 13 g

Fiber: 4.5

Interesting observation: when I first started, I was kinda grossed out by the turkey sausage and cottage cheese -- now I freakin' love em! Seriously, I think I actually closed my eyes and sighed when I took my first bite of turkey sausage this morning. rofl. And I can go to town on some cottage cheese now... If only I could like eggs. Hating them as much as I do is a serious handicap with low-carbing. There've been so many times I've seen someone eating an omelet full of veggies and cheese and wishing I could eat that for breakfast every morning -- just can't choke em down, though -- you guys may have noticed in my menus, I never eat 'em. So, if you have any advice on becoming egg-friendly, lol, I'd be all ears.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and protein was at 65g, btw.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

My stats for yesterday:
Totals cals 816; fat 40.6; carbs 7.0; protein 76.7

Late night I 'had' to have something to eat- something more than was on my diet plan. I got a 'hot' feeling behind my eyes, I couldnt concentrate and was a little 'odd'. So before bed I had some 90% lean ground beef- hence why the fat is higher- however the carbs are very low- im proud of that.

When I have more time later- I will give you some options for becoming more egg friendly, I have some ideas!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Deen, Remy, and Glad:

Down -.4. I will take it! Every little bit lost is a LOSS... a bit closer to my goal. WooHoo!

I need to find some turkey thighs again. I just put them in the crockpot with a bit of chicken stock and I'm good to go.

I haven't had beef in quite some time... I will have to get some this weekend.

Have a great weight loss day!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Evening, everybody -- Remykins: yes, definitely interested in the egg ideas. Foxylady: It's funny about your loss being .4 this morning -- that was mine, too, exactly. I agree, not exactly a showstopper -- but it's a loss -- so I'll take it! Is it just my imagination, or can you sort of "feel" when you're losing? I swear, I can. Yesterday, I didn't feel it much, but today I do -- I used a ketostick and was in very deep ketosis. Sooooo, hope to see it on the scale tomorrow. Hang in there everyone -- you're doing great!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Ended up by the time I went to eat- there were no chicken sausage.

All they had was locally made 100% beef hot dogs, I had two dipped in mustard, no bun. And then the absolute travesty, at the 'volunteer party' I grabbed some 'no sugar punch' but it had liquor in it. I had one glass, and someone told me

Well, the scale is down again 135.2! Thats a .2 loss! Ill take it!
If I lose .2 a day, I will hit my goal in time.
I did workout yesterday, so I think that helped. I plan to stay extremely clean today. I will say that by this time I am starting to miss my fat
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, my menu for today:
B: 2 eggs
L: Ground Turkey Patty
D: Lean Ground Beef patty
S: Skim moz cheese slice
Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Here it is Friday! YIPEE!

Down -.6 today. So, I'm at 17# and edging closer to the -20.0 mark.

Chicken, cottage cheese, and more chicken. Oh, and one of my turkey hot link sausages. I could not do another boiled egg for dinner. I'm on overload with the boiled eggs. Taking a break from them!

Have a great weekend everyone! Looking forward to losses for next week.

My husband had his arm around me and said I'm smaller. That put a big smile on my face. WooHoo!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for you foxy!
I cant wait to squeeze into my dress- or rather, NOT squeeze
Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Hi, all -- weeeelllll, I decided to take the day off. I'm not gonna post my menus -- because there's certainly nothing legal on em. Tomorrow I'm back to low carb -- not sure if I'm going to continue with Stillman's or not. There were aspects of it I really liked
-- but I'm not sure how long I could realistically keep it up. Had an incident last night at the waterpark with my kiddos where it was dinnertime and everyone was eating and there was absolutely nothing legal there for me... (part of that was poor planning, on my part). But, anyway, that's where I am right now.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone. I had a meltdown yesterday that I posted in the main lobby. I wanted to get on and tell everyone, but I passed out from overeating Back on track today...

B: 6 oz. chicken breast

L: 2 boiled eggs

Meal #3: 8 oz. chicken breast

Meal #4: 8 oz. chicken breast

Glad everyone is doing well. I hear what you're saying Deen about this WOE. It's real tough, and I wouldn't and couldn't do it for any length of time, but I feel it's very useful sprinkled in every so often with a plan you like better. I'm definitely going back to mostly Paleo after next week, but I'm giving this one more good week with a big cheat meal or two mixed in. I'm going to try to stay strict all weekend, but I'm really missing veges and butter. We can do this!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I keep seeing turkey sausage on the menus. Do you guys get the Jenny-O brand I keep hearing about? I found some awesome grass-fed, 0 carb beef hotdogs yesterday I'm quite excited about. I'll post a pic I took of the package.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, Gladee -- can I just say, I think you and I were going through the same thing yesterday. I was dreading posting about it, too -- didn't want to admit that I had a total cheat day today. Last night, I didn't cheat really bad -- but it was a turning point with me.

There I was at "Island Nights" at the water park with my husband and kids. It was a good night -- we'd been having fun in the wave pool and the lazy river, and then my husband and I got to lounge while the kids went nuts on the slides. Then everyone got hungry -- we knew the kids couldn't be staved off for long, so we decided to get them food there. I knew pretty quickly there was nothing there for me -- and my husband, good guy that he is, offered to wait with me until we got home to eat. Weirdly enough, that offer was what did it. It just got me thinking to myself -- I can't really do this long term. I can't even eat a normal dinner with my family (sorry guys, I don't mean to be negative about Stillman's -- I'm talking me and my personal situation only, here). Then when I got home (really starving, as it was 9pm by this point), I realized I'd forgotten to thaw the scallops I'd planned on having for dinner. Great. So I ended up eating about a cup and a half's worth of paleo jambalaya I'd made last week (ingredients -- chicken broth, various veg, andouille sausage). That was the first time I'd been off plan all week. The next morning, this morning, I'd regained the .4 that I'd lost the day before. Frustrating, but I know weight fluctuates day to day (especially since I'm two days away from TOM) -- but still, it encouraged me to take this day off. So far I've had (confession time -- lol)

Pancakes (with butter and syrup)
1 TBSP natural peanut butter (eaten directly off the spoon, cause I'm gross -- lol)
A 6" spicy italian from Subway
2 slices of that spinach and tomato white pizza I've been going on and on about...

Now maybe I'll finally shut up about that pizza :P. It all tasted pretty good (although not as good as I thought) -- and I actually missed the turkey sausage while I was eating those pancakes! (I get Jimmy Dean, Gladee). Tomorrow is another day, my low-carb buds... tomorrow is another day...

Let me ask you guys your honest opinion -- do you think someone in my situation, who wants to lose approx. 25 lbs in the short term (with an eye toward ultimately losing about 80) continue to do Stillman's, or something that is going to be more sustainable (I think JUDDD sounds pretty good, actually)? Any opinions welcome (even if you wanna yell at me for cheating! :P)
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Wow Deen...nice blowout day. These bad days early on can actually be good training opportunities for teaching yourself to get right back on track the next day, instead of throwing in the towel like a lot of people do. I guess it's turning a negative into a positive. I have to admit though, I wouldn't even feed my dog pancakes and syrup, but I know a lot of people like them

I don't see anything wrong with trying a few different WOE. Everyone's body and lifestyles are unique, and I feel there's a plan out there for everyone. The important thing is to not give up. I personally couldn't do the JUDDD plan, because I need to completely stay away from the "treats" and other things JUDDD followers save for their UP days. No way could I stick to 500-700 calories on DOWN days either if I had carbs the day before. Granted, I'd probably maintain for a few months, or even longer, but I know eventually my weight would end up creeping back up again.

I personally am gravitating toward the Paleo / Primal WOE as something I can live with long-term. Lets face it, we're all going to eat off plan here and there.
I think the most important thing is to get down to a healthy weight first. By then you should have found a plan and strategies you can use to maintain the weight, which is probably the hardest part.

In my opinion, low-carb Atkins style induction mixed in with this Stillman plan will be the quickest way to lose the weight, and repair a lot of the damage we've all done to ourselves. We just need to get out of our heads that we need "treats" and should always be enjoying all the food we eat. I hated being fat, and I'll do whatever it takes to look and feel my best. We DO deserve that in life!

I hope you stay on this at least one more week Deen. I need all the motivation I can get. This is rough!!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hey guys! I don't mean to butt in here, but I've been lurking your thread for a while... not to sound creepy, I just am interested in reading about other people's stories and the strategies they use so I kinda follow anything on this forum that's recent. Sometimes it gives me good ideas or makes me reevaluate things that I'm doing. But aanyways... I was hoping that sharing my success could be inspiration for you! Stillmans is a very, very tough diet to stick to. It's not really meant as a WOE, it's just supposed to be temporary to drop weight quickly. The results are what make it worth it! It takes a lot of discipline and planning, as you know, and is most definitely not for everyone! Once you take yourself out of that "I need a treat" mentality, though, it gets easier to stick to because you just eat when you're hungry. It's partly a mental game. But even though it's a very low fat/cal diet, the protein is what keeps you satisfied.

As for my story, I started at 170 lbs at the end of April. I had been overweight my entire life... I'd never dieted before or done anything to change it, I just kind of figured that it's the way I am and anyone who has a problem with that isn't worth my time because I don't see people in terms of the number on their scale and I don't want people in my life who see me that way. I stumbled across Stillmans, read the forum and saw the kind of results people were getting, and decided I'd try it out and convinced my boyfriend to try it with me. He started at 250 lbs at the same time I did. I also joined a gym and started working out for the first time in my life, doing both cardio and strength training 3-4 times a week. As I started seeing crazy results quickly, I started doing a lot of research on food... what's good, what's bad, etc. After a month or so, I began somewhat of my own Stillmans-Atkins hybrid. I continued just eating meat and no veggies/fruits/etc, but I'd find low carb recipes that didn't necessarily stick to the Stillmans guidelines. To my surprise, after eating high protein/low carb for a while, I no longer craved junk food. I never really thought about "treats", they no longer existed to me. I'd just eat when I was hungry... usually an egg for breakfast, leftovers from dinner for lunch, and steak/fish/chicken/whatever for dinner. The further I got from Stillmans, though, I started stalling a little here and there. I tried doing the turkey burgers for a while (some people had a lot of success eating lean turkey burgers in a 5 hour window) but it didn't really help my loss. Then I tried tilapia for the first time and it worked like magic. Instead of seeing a lb loss here and there, I'd see little increments go down everyday, but I could at least count on losing 3-4 lbs a week if I ate it at least once a day (and twice a day for at least a couple days). Tilapia is totally Stillmans legal so my fish days are technically like Stillmans days, but I've also been looking for different ways to prepare it so sometimes that's not the case if I broil it with parmesan cheese or fry it in olive oil.

I had a 3 month time limit for my goal because on July 23rd I'm leaving for a big trip across the country to visit family and friends that are spread out and then I'm going to Sweden to study for a semester! I figure it's going to be tougher to control what I eat since I'm staying with other people so I wanted to get the bulk of my loss out of the way so I could work on maintaining. Now, 3 months later, I have lost 37 lbs. My original goal was 135, but after I reached that recently, I don't feel right quite yet so I'm just going to keep going until I feel comfortable (next goal is 128, I'll probably want to stay somewhere in the low-mid 120s I think). My boyfriend has lost 50 lbs in the same time frame!!! 50! He's now down to exactly 200, and he has cheated way more than I have. Now I am basically just eating a low carb diet (started with "low carb non Stillmans weekends" with veggies and now it's pretty much everyday except for fish days). No gluten or grains, but I started adding in veggies more often (no starchy ones though) and very recently some berries... well, it's basically Phase 3 Atkins. I'm still seeing pretty steady loss as long as I continue to keep my calories, carbs, and sodium intake low. I have learned a ton about food and fitness and plan to maintain by just eating clean... no processed foods, low carb (50 net g absolute maximum, but usually under 20g), and estimating but not necessarily strictly counting calories. Dieting taught me to love cooking after preparing all my own foods so now I'm basically addicted to finding new clean low carb recipes, especially things to replace old favorite foods (I can lose weight from eating pizza and tacos! Yeah!). I really believe that low carb is the best way of life in order to stay healthy!!! Some people are more sensitive to them than others, but from my own experience, I have seen it myself. Even when I eat a little off or make myself a sweet treat (been experimenting with low carb desserts lately) and see a small gain in the morning, I just make sure to eat fish the next day and it usually goes back down. Those little gains are just water weight, unless you ate over 3500 calories that day (3500 cal=1 lb) which is probably unlikely, and they are very easy to get rid of with just a day or two on plan so don't let it discourage you! Just make sure you watch your sodium intake--processed foods like sausage and deli meat are usually very high in sodium. Your body can fluctuate even 4 or 5 lbs from water retention but it is usually not fat! Also, as long as you are under 75-100g of carbs, you are most likely still in ketosis. And even if you go over that for one day, it is probably not going to take you out of ketosis! So not too much to worry about there.

Okay okay so I'm sorry for the long story, but basically, don't give up! Even if Stillmans isn't the right WOE for you to lose weight, that's okay! I am still experimenting to see what will make me lose or gain. Sometimes it's a struggle because as I'm trying to figure out how to maintain, I am afraid of eating carbs, but I want to start incorporating small amounts of healthy ones soon like quinoa and oats. Believe it or not, it's challenging to change that kind of mentality. But when I eat this way, I feel healthier, happier, and better overall about myself. I even bought a bikini for the first time recently and actually went out in public in it! It was a big milestone for me. Another milestone I've reached recently was running a mile for the very first time ever (talk about a milestone--literally)! I've always hated running and never did it voluntarily so that was huge for me, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal. And you guys can have the same success (although, gladee88er, I'm not sure if wearing a bikini is one of your goals :P)...all you have to do is find what works for you--a time consuming, but easy process once you figure it out. Use what you've learned through trying different WOEs! Keep track of what you eat and write it down along with your gains and losses so you know what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by littlelavender; 07-20-2012 at 11:05 PM..
littlelavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
WOW that was long lol I don't blame you guys if you don't want to read it, but I hope it helped a little. It was nice for me to have a place to get that out, but I apologize for the length!
littlelavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi Little. Nice post. Congrats on losing the extra weight so fast. I came to the same conclusion about Stillmans when I was reading up about it on here. I thought it would be a good plan to sprinkle in with the regular Atkins plan. I'm getting real close to my ideal weight, so it was getting harder lose anything with even strict induction-type Atkins. I know I lost a good amount of scale weight this week, and 1" off my waist. My goal is to get under 10% bodyfat. I'm going to start reving up my aerobic exercise at the gym (I like the Cybex stairmaster at Planet Fitness).

I plan on eating veges and some fat on Sunday, then doing Stillmans one more week with fish. I don't want to get below 165, because it's already getting hard to find Levis in a 30 waste around here, lol. I never thought I'd have trouble finding jeans because I was too small!! Unreal.

It sounds like you will be transitioning into maintenance mode here shortly. You were smart to educate yourself about nutrition. Should make it easier to find the right amounts of proteins, carbs, and fats to keep the weight off. I still have trouble with a few foods, so I'm going to keep them out of the house to avoid the temptation. Keep posting...we all need the encouragement.

Oh...as far as the bikini goes...I wouldn't be opposed to trying one on Just kidding. I couldn't resist
Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Please stay on another week glade!

And to our new poster, keep posting! I need all the encouragement I can get!

Last night I officially made it an 'off day' Cheat day.
I stayed on plan, with the exception of a couple artichoke hearts-marinated. And a few glasses of wine (more than one, less than 6 )

Scale went back up to 135.8- I didnt drink all my water either. Im going to stay on plan now... hoping to get closer to goal, I think I have one week left in me. My goal date is Aug. 2nd- 3 more lbs would be great
Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

You guys are good... you're real good... roflol. Ok, I think I have one 4-5 more days in me, too. Back on this morning. Turkey sausage, here I come! Thanks for the motivation, guys!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyNic13
Stats: Since restarting: 242/199/190; Sizes: 14/10/8
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 19, 2012 (restarted Atkins)
Started 7/19!

Hey guys,

Jumping in on this thread. I started on Thursday. I have been Atkins induction for awhile and had some really great success, but I had a big stall and no loss for awhile. Long story short I decided to see if I could "jump start" with Stillman's.

I started Thursday the 19th and man is it hard! However, I lost exactly 3 lbs on day 1. I was pretty pumped up and lost another 2.6 as of this morning. So I am down 5.6 lbs in 2 days. Unfortunately, I had a random gain on Atkins and am not enjoying being at the lowest low weight ever, but I am 2 lbs away from it so cross your fingers for me!

My goal is to hang on Stillman's for 1-2 weeks (if I can!) and cycle with Atkins. I do really well with Atkins and don't feel like I am deprived in any way. Stillman's is another story but I am going to stick it out and wish everyone best of luck doing the same!
LuckyNic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Lucky! I'm glad everyone is staying in for another week. Stayed on plan today.

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 8 oz. chicken breast

D: Haven't eaten it yet, but it's going to be 8 oz. chicken breast.

Been perfect the last 2 days. Going to try to go one more day tomorrow before I have a higher carb / fat meal on Monday. Forgot to buy some digital scales today, so I'll weigh myself Monday morning. Good luck everyone tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Lucky!

I worked out today and burned 800 calories! Phew!
I have a calorie deficit of 1400 calories for me today, and under 10g carbs. Im drinking lots of water, but I feel like it is just not enough with this humidity and heat.

Staying away from veggies I think have become my biggest issue... I want to have an off day and have a big salad- but I know that that salad will cost me 2 days of getting back on track- so I digress.

Gotta keep it going! Thanks everyone! Im excited to see what Mr. Scale says tomorrow... Im going to 'Dream skinny thoughts'
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

No Almond milk for me today, I had some yesterday and I think nuts stall me.
Im also going to cut out all dairy including the little bit of farmers cheese I had the past few days.

Hope everyone else has a strong productive day!

Last edited by Remykins; 07-22-2012 at 08:53 AM..