Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Celebrate July's Independence With Stillman's Weight Loss !!!!

Hi !!!! and to a new month of losing weight and feeling good with Stillman's weight loss !!!!

Last edited by Angelstill; 07-01-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Angelstill is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Lets burn those pounds
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I hope everyone is losing weight and feeling at their best during this hot summer month .... I am down another pound probably, because I barely ate much yesterday .... I get really down on myself with this whole weight loss process .... I know it takes time but, I still feel so out of shape I will not dare go near a bathing suit .... So, I am wearing capris , flip flops and comfy tops that keep me feeling cool .... Tomorrow, I am off to New York City and some pizza yes real pizza !!!! I am going off plan till the 5th and I will do my very best to limit how much I eat during this holiday .... I do not want to come back to a huge gain a moderate gain is fine I can deal .... Thank you so much everyone for all the confidence boosting .... I sure will need plenty of support come the 5th of July when I stay on plan for a month .... I really hope by the time I go to Disney World in November that I have reached my goal .... I used to live in Tampa , Clear water.... and I have not been to Disney in years .... So I am really looking forward to this trip !!!!
__________________
I'd rather be hated for who I am , Than loved for who I am not -Kurt Cobain Christine


Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Lets burn those pounds
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Jumping into the July thread!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has great plans for the 4th of July (at least for those of us on this side of the pond. For our UK buddies: have a great July 1-July 7.)

We were on the road from Florida back to home in Nebraska from Friday AM until 3 PM this afternoon (Sunday)

And believe it or not...I packed ALL our food for the weekend. So we ate total Stillman's on the entire trip. So it is possible!

Didn't have a scale with me, so very interested to see how my road-trip-Stillman's went. HOPING I have at least a little loss to start the week.
__________________
Cathy from Nebraska (and Florida!)

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Jumping into the July thread!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has great plans for the 4th of July (at least for those of us on this side of the pond. For our UK buddies: have a great July 1-July 7.)

We were on the road from Florida back to home in Nebraska from Friday AM until 3 PM this afternoon (Sunday)

And believe it or not...I packed ALL our food for the weekend. So we ate total Stillman's on the entire trip. So it is possible!

Didn't have a scale with me, so very interested to see how my road-trip-Stillman's went. HOPING I have at least a little loss to start the week.
WoW that is some road trip , where in Florida ? if you don't mind me asking . I have family down there and N.C .... And awesome Cathy .... I stayed on Stillman's this weekend too .... Going back on full strength on the 5th ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
too cute!

It really fascinates me how you UK gals are partial to dresses...........we frumps up here in redneckland hardly wear them unless for special occasion. I gues that's why KMiddy really likes sneaking out to Tesco so she can wear jeans??
Oh, I wear long skirts too I love them ! I like feeling feminine and wear casual skirts to go shopping in ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Angel, we have a condo in a little town just north of Clearwater, so we're in the Tampa metro area. When we fly, we fly into Tampa International. We drive it most of the time, because we're usually traveling with the dog. It's about a 25-26 hour drive, so we break it up into 3 days because neither hubby or I can do the 12-13 hours drive days anymore, just not worth it to get all messed up physically just to get home a day earlier. (And to think when we were young & our kids 4-14 yrs. old we drove straight through to Disney World! THAT was insane. But we were young...and it was the only way we could afford to do it)

I just love Florida (yeah, it's hot & humid...but this week, it's actually hotter in Nebraska that it was suppose to be in Tampa area!) I probably would be just fine with moving with there year round...but hubby has business here in Nebraska so he has to be here. And right now all 4 of our grown kids still live in Nebraska, so it's where all the holiday get-togethers are. Soon some will be moving away (scattering!) so maybe once they're here & there, we'll just split holidays and move to Florida year-round.

Meanwhile, I'm down there about 1/2 the year anyway. Love being able to get out year-round...and that will be even more important in the winter, since my COPD diagnosis 2 months ago...doc says cold air is not good at all for COPD people.

I'll be Stillmans through lunch on July 3...then Atkins-legal LC foods...but indulgent (no calorie watching!) We're doing fajitas on Tuesday dinner, then the usual grilled burgers & lots of side throughout the 4th. Will be drinking Crystal Lite mojitos w/rum, also Crystal lite lemon-lime w/tequila for our "margaritas"...having strawberries stuffed with cream cheese as dessert on the 3rd...and baggie-LC-ice cream with blueberries & SF raspberry syrup for my red-white-blue dessert on the 4th. We'll be eating good, but clean!

And then back to boiled eggs & dry meats on Thursday ;-)

Last edited by catne; 07-01-2012 at 06:57 PM..
catne is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Jumping into the July thread!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has great plans for the 4th of July (at least for those of us on this side of the pond. For our UK buddies: have a great July 1-July 7.)

We were on the road from Florida back to home in Nebraska from Friday AM until 3 PM this afternoon (Sunday)

And believe it or not...I packed ALL our food for the weekend. So we ate total Stillman's on the entire trip. So it is possible!

Didn't have a scale with me, so very interested to see how my road-trip-Stillman's went. HOPING I have at least a little loss to start the week.
That is really impressive. I can not stay on plan while on vacation. I am planning to do better than I have in the past but have no intention of being strict stills. I will cross that bridge on the 14th when the vacation starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I hope everyone is losing weight and feeling at their best during this hot summer month .... I am down another pound probably, because I barely ate much yesterday .... I get really down on myself with this whole weight loss process .... I know it takes time but, I still feel so out of shape I will not dare go near a bathing suit .... So, I am wearing capris , flip flops and comfy tops that keep me feeling cool .... Tomorrow, I am off to New York City and some pizza yes real pizza !!!! I am going off plan till the 5th and I will do my very best to limit how much I eat during this holiday .... I do not want to come back to a huge gain a moderate gain is fine I can deal .... Thank you so much everyone for all the confidence boosting .... I sure will need plenty of support come the 5th of July when I stay on plan for a month .... I really hope by the time I go to Disney World in November that I have reached my goal .... I used to live in Tampa , Clear water.... and I have not been to Disney in years .... So I am really looking forward to this trip !!!!
Careful with your days off. I would hate to see you kicking yourself on the 5th with a 8 pound gain. I have done it too many times to count.
Have a great fourth and enjoy yourself!
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Happy July everyone!!!

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I will not be doing anything special for 4th of July, as my family lives on the other side of the country. Soo this week will be a normal low carb/Stillmans-Atkins-whatever-hybrid-I've-been-doing week for me! I just got back from a pretty intense work out (at least for me) at the gym a little bit ago and I didn't eat great but I'd say it was pretty decent today:
B - coffee, skipped my egg this morning
L - 2 pieces of leftover low carb enchilada bake I made last night (=4 carbs total)
D - 1 tilapia filet with cajun seasoning
I also made some mini low carb gluten free sugar almond cookies for a little treat/dessert (~1 carb per cookie) so I may indulge a little on one or two tonight since it's still my weekend. Thought I'd surprise the boyfriend with them, since he rarely gets sweet treats except for recently since I've been getting so close to goal! I was still at 139.8 this morning, even after having like 4 pieces of that enchilada bake yesterday! Hoping to be down at least a lb tomorrow to start the week off in a good way!
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Angel, we have a condo in a little town just north of Clearwater, so we're in the Tampa metro area. When we fly, we fly into Tampa International. We drive it most of the time, because we're usually traveling with the dog. It's about a 25-26 hour drive, so we break it up into 3 days because neither hubby or I can do the 12-13 hours drive days anymore, just not worth it to get all messed up physically just to get home a day earlier. (And to think when we were young & our kids 4-14 yrs. old we drove straight through to Disney World! THAT was insane. But we were young...and it was the only way we could afford to do it)

I just love Florida (yeah, it's hot & humid...but this week, it's actually hotter in Nebraska that it was suppose to be in Tampa area!) I probably would be just fine with moving with there year round...but hubby has business here in Nebraska so he has to be here. And right now all 4 of our grown kids still live in Nebraska, so it's where all the holiday get-togethers are. Soon some will be moving away (scattering!) so maybe once they're here & there, we'll just split holidays and move to Florida year-round.

Meanwhile, I'm down there about 1/2 the year anyway. Love being able to get out year-round...and that will be even more important in the winter, since my COPD diagnosis 2 months ago...doc says cold air is not good at all for COPD people.

I'll be Stillmans through lunch on July 3...then Atkins-legal LC foods...but indulgent (no calorie watching!) We're doing fajitas on Tuesday dinner, then the usual grilled burgers & lots of side throughout the 4th. Will be drinking Crystal Lite mojitos w/rum, also Crystal lite lemon-lime w/tequila for our "margaritas"...having strawberries stuffed with cream cheese as dessert on the 3rd...and baggie-LC-ice cream with blueberries & SF raspberry syrup for my red-white-blue dessert on the 4th. We'll be eating good, but clean!

And then back to boiled eggs & dry meats on Thursday ;-)

Awwww Cathy I just read about COPD and I now have a better understanding why your doctor told you about the cold air not being good for your condition .... Florida is Beautiful and I lived there as a kid Clearwater, Tampa Bay area .... I hope you had a wonderful time ! And yes someday you and your hubby should definitely relocate there for your health .... Take good care of that heart of yours I had bronchitis as a child and I still have sensitivity to cold air .... I also had childhood asthma that left me as an adult still sensitive to allergies , colds and even the sulfur from firework displays that aggravate my lungs .... It sounds like you have your festivities all ready for this week .... I admire your determination that you and your hubby have with your WOE .... My boyfriend is thin and I do cook separate meals however, when I do Atkins he enjoys those meals with me plus he has sugar in his coffee and toast lots of toast with butter I for the life of me cannot remember the last time I had toast .... lol
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
That is really impressive. I can not stay on plan while on vacation. I am planning to do better than I have in the past but have no intention of being strict stills. I will cross that bridge on the 14th when the vacation starts.



Careful with your days off. I would hate to see you kicking yourself on the 5th with a 8 pound gain. I have done it too many times to count.
Have a great fourth and enjoy yourself!
You will do better this time Bratty and so will I I am doing Low carb Atkins for the 3rd and the holiday so really my real carb day will be tomorrow ... . I cannot resist New York City pizza it just smells so yummy !
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Happy July everyone!!!

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I will not be doing anything special for 4th of July, as my family lives on the other side of the country. Soo this week will be a normal low carb/Stillmans-Atkins-whatever-hybrid-I've-been-doing week for me! I just got back from a pretty intense work out (at least for me) at the gym a little bit ago and I didn't eat great but I'd say it was pretty decent today:
B - coffee, skipped my egg this morning
L - 2 pieces of leftover low carb enchilada bake I made last night (=4 carbs total)
D - 1 tilapia filet with cajun seasoning
I also made some mini low carb gluten free sugar almond cookies for a little treat/dessert (~1 carb per cookie) so I may indulge a little on one or two tonight since it's still my weekend. Thought I'd surprise the boyfriend with them, since he rarely gets sweet treats except for recently since I've been getting so close to goal! I was still at 139.8 this morning, even after having like 4 pieces of that enchilada bake yesterday! Hoping to be down at least a lb tomorrow to start the week off in a good way!
Happy July to you too lil lav ....

mmmmm enchilada !!!! and almond cookies .... I almonds I actually have a love/hate with them lol they are good for you, but high in calories well high in calories for me cause I cannot stop eating them I just munch away .... I love those almonds for salads I just munch away on those too .... Oh .... I have to resist tonight cause I have almonds in my kitchen cabinet .... lol I hope you enjoy your holiday....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Happy July to you too lil lav ....

mmmmm enchilada !!!! and almond cookies .... I almonds I actually have a love/hate with them lol they are good for you, but high in calories well high in calories for me cause I cannot stop eating them I just munch away .... I love those almonds for salads I just munch away on those too .... Oh .... I have to resist tonight cause I have almonds in my kitchen cabinet .... lol I hope you enjoy your holiday....
Haha they are pretty delicious! I actually just started experimenting with using almond flour recently whenever I want to bake something low carb. Everything I've made with it so far has been pretty tasty! But I hope you enjoy your holiday as well, especially that pizza!
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member
 
zulloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Lets burn those pounds
Right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Happy July everyone!!!
Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I will not be doing anything special for 4th of July, as my family lives on the other side of the country. Soo this week will be a normal low carb/Stillmans-Atkins-whatever-hybrid-I've-been-doing week for me! I just got back from a pretty intense work out (at least for me) at the gym a little bit ago and I didn't eat great but I'd say it was pretty decent today:
B - coffee, skipped my egg this morning
L - 2 pieces of leftover low carb enchilada bake I made last night (=4 carbs total)
D - 1 tilapia filet with cajun seasoning
I also made some mini low carb gluten free sugar almond cookies for a little treat/dessert (~1 carb per cookie) so I may indulge a little on one or two tonight since it's still my weekend. Thought I'd surprise the boyfriend with them, since he rarely gets sweet treats except for recently since I've been getting so close to goal! I was still at 139.8 this morning, even after having like 4 pieces of that enchilada bake yesterday! Hoping to be down at least a lb tomorrow to start the week off in a good way!
Happy July to you too. Can you share your cookie recipe and enchilada recipes pretty please?

Angelstill and Catne have safe trips.

Bratty I LOVE that pup of yours in your pic. Even my kiddos ask to see that pic everyday. We are so dog people. Right now we have a mix breed he is a chihuahua, dachshund, hound mix. Not really sure he was a rescue. Some jerk dumped him in a swamp right before a hurricane. Friends found him and when they were hunting and we took him in . Our other pup is my only baby girl. She is a dachshund. We used to have a German Shepherd but he passed away. He was our first baby when we were married.

Shreem thank you for your sweet comments on the other thread. I really dislike pics of me but that one was ok so I added it. Do you show your dogs, or do you do agility with them?

Happy Monday to everyone. We attempted to make some chocolate/coconut bark last night. It got such good reviews in the recipe forum. We all hated it. It was so gross tasting and it gave me the worst belly ache all night. My hubby threw it away. Oh well it was worth a shot.
On a positive note I was down another .4 today. I will take it. Any loss is a good loss in my book.
zulloc is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Lost 0.4 pounds yesterday. I think the culprit is the turkey sausages I am eating. When I dont eat those, I lose more. Have to stop those...but got bored of eating chicken and eggs all the time.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL Angel, I was commenting on the love of dresses because I am skirt and dress impaired........live in jeans I do
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
Happy July to you too. Can you share your cookie recipe and enchilada recipes pretty please?
Cookies:
(Makes about 24 small cookies, recipe adapted from Low Carb Snickerdoodles at RecipeZaar.)
--I halved the recipe, though, and made 14 mini cookies.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature or melted slightly in the microwave at lowest setting
1 1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal (almond flour gives a more finely-textured cookie)
3/4 cup granular Splenda (or sugar if you don't care about having low-sugar cookies)
1/4 cup brown sugar (or use 1/4 cup more granular Splenda, or any proportions of sugar/Splenda/brown sugar you prefer to make 1 cup total sweetener)
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar

for rolling cookies:
2 T granular Splenda
2 tsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Instructions:
Sit out butter to soften at room temperature (or if you're impatient like I am, use the microwave on lowest setting to soften/melt the butter).

In mixing bowl, combine the butter, 3/4 cup almond flour, 3/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar and blend well with mixer until well combined. Beat in the other 3/4 cup of almond flour, until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. (The mixture will be stiff.)

Scrape the beaters to remove all the dough, then cover bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and chill one hour or longer. (I've gotten distracted and chilled it for nearly 3 hours, which didn't seem to matter.)

When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Combine 2 T Splenda, 2 tsp. brown sugar, and cinnamon in small dish.

Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough, and roll dough into balls about 1 inch across. Roll each ball in the Splenda/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and put on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. (I lined the cookie sheet with parchment paper, but I don't think it's essential.)

For flatter/crisper cookies, smash each one down with your fingers, keeping them about 1/4 inch thick. You can also bake them without smashing for a more domed-shaped cookie. Bake cookies about 14-16 minutes, until they're starting to brown and are slightly crisp-feeling to the touch.

Remove cookies to a rack and let cool 20-30 minutes before serving. (They're fairly crumbly when they're hot but they stay together well once they're cool.) These cookies will keep for several days in a plastic container if you can manage to keep them around that long.

(You can put the ingredients into CalorieCount to get nutrition facts because it wasn't listed in the recipe)


Enchilada bake:
1lb ground beef
1/4 cup enchilada sauce
1/4 cup salsa
1 tbsp onion powder, or 1/3 cup onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 small can chopped green chilis, divided
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 cup cheese, divided

Oopsie bread batter:
3 eggs
3 oz cream cheese
1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 to 3 Tbsp Flaxseed meal (or unflavored whey protein powder)
2 tsp sugar equivalent substitute
Green chilis
Cheese

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Cook ground beef. Add seasonings, enchilada sauce, salsa, half a can of green chili, and 1/2 cup cheese. Set aside.

Make Oopsie bread by separating the egg yolks from the whites. Whip the whites with the tartar until stiff peaks form. Combine the yolks with the cream cheese, flaxseed meal/protein powder, sweetener and the rest of the green chili’s and cheese.

Slowly fold the yolk mixture with the whites. Take the ground beef mixture and add to a 8×8 baking dish. Pour the Oopsie batter on top, spreading evenly. You can even add more cheese, chilis and some black olives on top of the batter.

Bake at 300 for 30 to 40 minutes. The top will be slightly brown.

Remove from oven and let cool slightly.

Serving size: 2 8X8″ bakes or 1 bake and a small pan of bread. Just divide the batter in half. Makes 12 servings.

Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 189, Carbohydrates: 2.3g, Fiber: .3g, Net Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 11.25g, Fat: 14.9g.
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
well, my work to cook ahead & freeze individual Stillman's meal packets for hubby & I to eat on our road-trip home from Florida worked...

Down 3.4 lbs. for the week!

So now I won't feel bad at all about having my mocktails & Atkins-legal picnic foods on July 3rd & 4th.

Probably won't be on tomorrow or Wednesday...have lots of prep & cleaning to do tomorrow during the day & then my company all arrives for dinner tomorrow night...staying through the 4th.

Hope everyone has a great holiday
catne is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Just doing a quick drive by. It has been a long day! I was up .4 or .6 today( can't remember). Caused by eating dinner 2 hours before bed and weighing in this morning 3 hours earlier on just 5 hours of sleep.

I will do replies tomorrow morning!
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I've hit a bit of a stalling point. Eek!

I have been "journaling" my food intake and exercise so I am going to see if there are any sugars/carbs that I have been letting slip or get out of control!
I want to lose about 3 lbs this week, which is totally realistic for Stillmans.

I have been having a glass of low cal wine every night so far, so obviously that has to go for now, just to see what happens.

I also have been putting regular cream in my coffee, so I am going to change to fat free, sugar free cream.

The last time I did Stillmans I went longer than this before I stalled so I am going to make sure that I am really doing this the right way, I think I was much more strict last go round!

I do feel my energy coming back, my clothes are fitting better and my stomach is actually getting back to flat.
I do my measurements as well as my weight check so I can gain some confidence from the loss in inches and not just the actual number on the scale.
I have been the same weight for about 4 days and I am eager to make some movement on the scale.

So I will truly cut out the extra mess and we will see what I look like.

-3 lbs by Friday is my goal. No cheating , not even on July 4th.

My 30th birthday is August 6th and I am having a pool/resort party and I want to look my very best.

Go Stillmans!

I hope everyone is having a great week

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 07-03-2012 at 06:09 AM..
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
healthy for life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 289
Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing great I am back from the lake and unfortunately did some indulging of the alcohol variety...and after eating low carb all weekend I fell off the wagon and had a bowl of chips last night (they were sooo good!) But I paid the price and was at 146 this morning. boo hoo. So back on strict Stilly's for the week. My vacay is exactly one week today. Got to do the stillman 5 this week for sure.
Happy early july 4th to all my american friends!
healthy for life is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member
 
zulloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
LittleLavender thank you so much for the recipe's. They sound delicious.
vyomguy those sausages sound so good. But yea I hear ya if I don't stick to eggs chicken and fish only, I get stuck or worse I gain. Heck .4 still counts. So congrats.
CCGirl I spend winter and fall in jeans but my spring and summer is spent in dresses and cute skirts. I love girly clothes.
Catne awesome job on being down 3.4 on a travel week of all weeks. Now that is dedication.
BrattyS sorry you had a such a long day. I almost always gain as well when I have to eat later than normal. Here's to hoping you have better results today.
akagal20 I feel like I have to tweak my eating each week. This week I've had a little cream in my coffee and have been doing well. Other weeks if I had cream I gained. Seems like I have to trick my body and give it a little fat every now and then. I bet you'll meet your 3lb goal no problem. You are an old pro at Stillmans.
Healthy for life the lake trip sounds so relaxing. Can't blame you for the alcohol and chip indulgence. Thanks for the happy early 4th.

Hope everyone is doing well today. No exciting news to be had. Lost .1 Had a taste or two of homemade baggie ice cream last night. The boys have wanted to try and make this for a while so I caved and we made it. It was yummy but melted really fast. Also had cheese at dinner last night so I was lucky I didn't gain. Stillmans all day today and up till our BBQ tomorrow. Then all bets are off till the morning of the 5th.
zulloc is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Weird. I posted like an hour ago and it is gone.

I am much better today. Lost 1.2 The gain from yesterday plus a bit more. 8 pounds to get out of the 200s. Hopefully before I go on vacation on the 14th.

I do not feel like typing it all out again! lol

akagal20 I think if you get a bit stricter you will get results.

healthy for life That salt will get your every time. Drink lots of water!

catne You are an inspiration. Way to go with the loss while traveling/vacation. Someday I will have the will power to do that!

zulloc We have 2 dogs. A 1 year old lab mix (Hulk) we got at 6 weeks of age and a American pit terrier that is 6 months (Gumbo). We got him at 11 weeks. Both are the sweetest dogs. I am a recent dog lover. I never wanted one despite my husband bugging me all the time. I made him wait 8 years. Now I am an enthusiast and can not imagine life without them.. Husband says I am a freak now.

__________________
~Ashley

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Walked 2 miles yesterday. Saw the results today...down 0.8 pounds .

Down to 202.2 now...so close to 200.

Good luck people....lets continue to burn those pounds away.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am much better today. Lost 1.2 The gain from yesterday plus a bit more. 8 pounds to get out of the 200s. Hopefully before I go on vacation on the 14th.
Great job
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
vyomguy those sausages sound so good. But yea I hear ya if I don't stick to eggs chicken and fish only, I get stuck or worse I gain. Heck .4 still counts. So congrats.
I learned that I lose more weight when I exercise. Today, I doubled my weight loss just by walking 2 miles. Exercise makes a big difference.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Walked 2 miles yesterday. Saw the results today...down 0.8 pounds .

Down to 202.2 now...so close to 200.

Good luck people....lets continue to burn those pounds away.
Fabulous! I need to start walking again now that our heat wave has broke. Congratulations!
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I've hit a bit of a stalling point. Eek!

I have been "journaling" my food intake and exercise so I am going to see if there are any sugars/carbs that I have been letting slip or get out of control!
I want to lose about 3 lbs this week, which is totally realistic for Stillmans.

I have been having a glass of low cal wine every night so far, so obviously that has to go for now, just to see what happens.

I also have been putting regular cream in my coffee, so I am going to change to fat free, sugar free cream.

The last time I did Stillmans I went longer than this before I stalled so I am going to make sure that I am really doing this the right way, I think I was much more strict last go round!

I do feel my energy coming back, my clothes are fitting better and my stomach is actually getting back to flat.
I do my measurements as well as my weight check so I can gain some confidence from the loss in inches and not just the actual number on the scale.
I have been the same weight for about 4 days and I am eager to make some movement on the scale.

So I will truly cut out the extra mess and we will see what I look like.

-3 lbs by Friday is my goal. No cheating , not even on July 4th.

My 30th birthday is August 6th and I am having a pool/resort party and I want to look my very best.

Go Stillmans!

I hope everyone is having a great week

-Tanya
That happened for me for a while when I was about 15-20 lbs away from my goal. I'd stay at the same weight for 3-4 days, losing 1 or 2 lbs a week which got kinda frustrating. What helped for me was eating fish! I just started eating a lot more fish (mostly tilapia) and the lbs started coming off. I had a couple straight fish days, and then for the past 2 weeks or so I've been eating fish for at least one meal almost everyday. Now I can count on losing at least 3 -4 lbs a week, since I go down about half a lb at least every other day, if not everyday, sometimes more! Nothing like the 2 lb loss a day that SrfrGrl got just eating fish, but since I'm so close to goal, I'm great with that. I didn't even have any fish yesterday (need a break, starting to get tired of it) and I still woke up today down .4 at 138.8!
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I'm 3 lbs away from my goal but I'm still not really happy with how it looks. :/ I mean I've come a long way, but I still feel so much bigger than other girls who are at my height and weight and I'm kinda disappointted. I still have a little belly and huge thighs (although my size 10 jeans I just got are finally starting to loosen up a tad). I think I'll change my goal to closer to 130, maybe a little lower if I can get there before the 23rd. Plus I want to start kicking up my exercise a bit to get more toned but I'm afraid it's getting a little late to see good results! I should've done this months ago when I wasn't on such a time crunch. But oh well, at least I know if I start gaining my weight back, Stills will always be here! I'm gonna try to do 1 Stillmans day a week when I get to where I want to be to maintain.
littlelavender is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.