Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Hi, and thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I'm a little leary of the artificial sweeteners, so I'm gonna try to keep it clean (at least for the first week) -- I don't want all my hard work to go down the drain, know what I mean?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i boiled my eggs tonight. keep eating your protein everyone. this works! it is more than amazing. CC: you were right on the body starting to continue to re balance after getting to goal. it's happening to me.
OMG it goes on for at least a year............too cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning friends! Silly scale. It forgot to move down this morning! Tomorrow I'm sure it will correct itself. I've got a pretty busy several days and a parishioner in hospice care. That means I've always got to be dressed professional. Which brings me another topic. My clothes are too big! I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to do mostly fish for awhile and drop the next 10 pounds as quickly as my body will let me. I didn't want to buy clothes until fall, but I'm not going to be able to wear what I have much longer. Such problems!
Mim you will have to do it, choose wisely and think thrifty......
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey guys!! I'm back from my vacation and had an amazing time! Bad news is I definitely indulged...buy hey it's vacation after all! Who can resist ice cream at the beach and pancake breakfast at the lake??! Plus a few margherita's and other adult bevvies
so the bad news is I weighed in at 148 today (boo hoo) but hoping some of that is water weight from the carbs, going to give it a few more days on plan again to see what the true damage is.
Glad to see everyone is doing so well!! Welcome new members!!
I've got 11 days until another weekend away at our lake house with friends (no kids this time!) so I've got to be strict until then, hoping to get to 140
you can do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Hi, everybody -- just wanted to come say 'Hi' and introduce myself -- I'm Deen and this is my first day on Stillman's! So far I'm feeling good -- not hungry and actually liking the food (sometimes I think I get hung up thinking I need low carb crackers and breads and stuff and I don't even like the taste of them that much anyway -- they're not worth the carbs I waste on 'em...)

Here's what I'm eating today -- let me know your thoughts and where I might tweak. Thanks and have a great day!

breakfast: turkey sausage and tea (1 g carb, 7 g fat)

Lunch: shrimp cocktail (sugar-free cocktail sauce), 2 oz low fat cottage cheese
(6g carbs, 2g fat)

snack: sugar-free jello

Dinner: Chicken breast (O g carb, 1 g fat)

Drinking:
tea, water, coffee, seltzer, crystal light
looks like a great plan!!!!!!!!

well, my Dad's in Amsterdam since Tuesday and already they stole his passport and wallet
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 AM   #243
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Angelstill I hope you are ok. How is the tooth?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #244
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

TaaaaaaaaDaaaaaaaaaa! I'm in a new set of ten! Hopefully I'll get out of this set in two weeks. I see lots of fish in my future!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go Mim!!!!!!!!!!!! time to shop!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LI Mom
Stats: 170/170/145
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/17/12
Hi, everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to introduce myself, but...

Around the end of April I was 158 pounds. My daughter is getting married on November 3rd and I wanted to lose some weight (of course!). I decided to try the No S diet (no snacks, sweets or seconds, except on days that start with S). It was great! I ate all the foods I love. I gained 12 pounds.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Stillman, but I did, and started reading all the info here. It sounds great! So I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a lot of skinless chicken breasts, eggs, and some fatfree cottage cheese.

Today is my first day. I had a hard boiled egg and some black coffee for breakfast.

(ETA: I just noticed that it says I joined in Nov. 2000. Wow. I don't remember that. I was trying (and failing at) Atkins at the time, I guess.)

Last edited by LI Mom; 07-17-2012 at 06:36 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Holy water weight batman! Yesterday weighed in at 148 and this morning 144! That is some crazy water...blasted it at hot yoga yesterday and clean eating (works every time!)
Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
TaaaaaaaaDaaaaaaaaaa! I'm in a new set of ten! Hopefully I'll get out of this set in two weeks. I see lots of fish in my future!
Congrats!!! Fish works like magic, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Mom View Post
Hi, everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to introduce myself, but...

Around the end of April I was 158 pounds. My daughter is getting married on November 3rd and I wanted to lose some weight (of course!). I decided to try the No S diet (no snacks, sweets or seconds, except on days that start with S). It was great! I ate all the foods I love. I gained 12 pounds.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Stillman, but I did, and started reading all the info here. It sounds great! So I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a lot of skinless chicken breasts, eggs, and some fatfree cottage cheese.

Today is my first day. I had a hard boiled egg and some black coffee for breakfast.

(ETA: I just noticed that it says I joined in Nov. 2000. Wow. I don't remember that. I was trying (and failing at) Atkins at the time, I guess.)
and just a heads up, cottage cheese does stall some people so you may want to experiment with that. Also, fish works really well for this diet! Good luck, you're pretty much guaranteed to see results!

Quote:
Holy water weight batman! Yesterday weighed in at 148 and this morning 144! That is some crazy water...blasted it at hot yoga yesterday and clean eating (works every time!)
Crazy!! That water weight will get cha though every time. Although it's nice to know that after eating off plan for a while, just a day back on Stillmans blasts it all away.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LI Mom
Stats: 170/170/145
Start Date: 7/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
and just a heads up, cottage cheese does stall some people so you may want to experiment with that. Also, fish works really well for this diet! Good luck, you're pretty much guaranteed to see results!
Thank you! I'll go easy on the cottage cheese.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

The results are in! Well, for Day 1, at least -- technically, I had started at 231 (even though I know much of that was water from a little overindulgence the night before...) -- and this morning I was 227.5. So, three and a half pounds on day 1. Woooot! Even if we're going by my stats weight of starting at 229 -- that's still a pound and a half -- I'll take that! So far so good today -- on plan, but did try some sf jello. Couldn't resist the strawberry goodness...
Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
yea mim and deen73!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Mom View Post

LI, once you gat through induction you will love it here!
Quote:
WOOOOW
Quote:
The results are in! Well, for Day 1, at least -- technically, I had started at 231 (even though I know much of that was water from a little overindulgence the night before...) -- and this morning I was 227.5. So, three and a half pounds on day 1. Woooot! Even if we're going by my stats weight of starting at 229 -- that's still a pound and a half -- I'll take that! So far so good today -- on plan, but did try some sf jello. Couldn't resist the strawberry goodness...
way to go you! Don't fear the Jello, we had one girl here who lost tons with it.

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-17-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
Start Date: June 11 2012
I have been stalling the past few days around 200....I have been doing strict keto without any cheating...but I havent lost anything for the past 2 days...getting frustrated.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tonight's feature is Never Say Never Again.........

have a good nite y'all!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vy hang in there...........watcha eatin' lately????????
Old 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
vy hang in there...........watcha eatin' lately????????
Mainly eggs amd turkey...along with tea (no sugar). But the scale wont budge .
Old 07-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #257
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
It will move. Sometimes our bodies just need a few days of staying at the same weight! Hang in there, you will be in onederland soon!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe ditch the tea? it's a diuretic that can lead to dehydration...............
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It will move. Sometimes our bodies just need a few days of staying at the same weight! Hang in there, you will be in onederland soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
maybe ditch the tea? it's a diuretic that can lead to dehydration...............
Hopefully i will see weight loss in the next few days. I am planning to excercise as well next few days. Lets see. Good luck all.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Congrats, awesome first day results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Fish!!! I swear by it. Try eating fish instead of turkey and it'll probably help move that scale.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #261
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, I've lost the first half pound on my quest for a Stilly 5 pound week. I have decided that I'm going to wait until the second week of August to buy some clothes. I think I can last 'till then. My clothes are baggy but I do have a few dresses I can wear if I have to look really sharp. Dresses require hose and can I just say - ug. Anyway, if I can hold out until Mid August I can get clothes that will take me to Thanksgiving, and maybe even, with a few sweaters get me to the after Christmas sales. I hope to be at goal by the summer, or close at least. And in another couple of size shifts, my size won't shift that quickly. Right now my clothes are 22/24 and I need 20's. Next 18W. But when I'm in regular 18's it will take longer to get to a 16. OK, too much time on my hands this morning. I've been keeping the grand girls a lot lately so DD and SIL could get their house ready to go on the market. But last night I was girl free, so this morning I'm having quiet time before I get ready for work.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Okay, testing the fast 5 turkey burger today, so I can hopefully get to 130 by August 1 (was 135.5 this morning, still excited!) Does anyone know about how many to eat in the 5 hour window? I have heard conflicting reports on turkey burger consumption.

And way to go Deen73!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #263
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Okay, testing the fast 5 turkey burger today, so I can hopefully get to 130 by August 1 (was 135.5 this morning, still excited!) Does anyone know about how many to eat in the 5 hour window? I have heard conflicting reports on turkey burger consumption.

And way to go Deen73!
I don't do the fast 5 or turkey burgers so I'm of little help. However, if no one answers the little help I can offer is: someone else asked the question a bit back and I think it was this month. So if you don't get a better answer soon, go back and read from the beginning of the month - I think the answer is there!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #264
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I just changed my start date because of something CC said. In response to one of my posts she said something to the effect that I'm doing good this time around. And yes I am! I've been around for a long time and had many start overs. I can't remember when I first joined the site. Since March 13th I've lost 26 pounds. That is not one of the flashy success stories! But I share it because I suspect that many people are like me. I've had good weeks that have seen weight loss, and bad weeks that have seen weight gain because I've been off plan. I share my story because it has finally clicked with me - I am better on plan. But, I don't always succeed in staying on plan. However, I am succeeding with getting back on plan! I no longer see an off plan splurge/binge as the end of my weight loss journey. Sometimes I am able to get back on the wagon the next day, and sometimes it takes me longer. But I continue to come here each day and read and post. And I continue to lose weight. And I put together longer and longer strings of being on plan. My goal is to make this woe a lifetime plan. I believe that low carb is the healthiest way to eat. And I want to be healthy. Anyway, I share that for all those who struggle with staying on plan and the thought that falling off is the end of the diet. Hang in there and keep trying!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Good morning -- hope everybody's doing great today! I have a question for ya -- looks like many people do planned "days off" or "cheat days" or however you want to word it. How does that work? How often? Does it help or hinder weight loss? When would be a good time for me to plan my first one, in your opinion (only three days in -- lol -- but dreaming of spinach and tomato white pizza... mmm....) So far I've had great losses (down another 1.3 this morning) -- so I don't want to mess up.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning -- hope everybody's doing great today! I have a question for ya -- looks like many people do planned "days off" or "cheat days" or however you want to word it. How does that work? How often? Does it help or hinder weight loss? When would be a good time for me to plan my first one, in your opinion (only three days in -- lol -- but dreaming of spinach and tomato white pizza... mmm....) So far I've had great losses (down another 1.3 this morning) -- so I don't want to mess up.
I had my first cheat day after 3 weeks. But it was because I was on vacation and there were no healthy options. Anyway, it set me back 2-3 days.

When you eat carbs...glycogen gets generated in your body. It takes 1-2 days to lose that glycogen again and start losing normally in ketosis.

Stillman is hard compared to other diets...atkins is more leniant...but rate of loss is slower.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #267
Junior LCF Member

After 2 days of no loss...I ended up losing 1.2 pounds today

Finally below 200 after 5 years
Old 07-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Fish!!! I swear by it. Try eating fish instead of turkey and it'll probably help move that scale.
Thanks. Since I cant cook, I have to use whats available at safeway pre-cooked. Unfortunately, not many options for fish. I looked at pre-cooked shrimps other day...and they had high fat in preparation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I usually take 2 of them which come to around 80 calories. But 40 calories is fat. So, not an ideal stillman option.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Just popping in for a quick hello...been way too busy lately. After 2nd year on the market, we finally had a decent offer on our house, accepted last Friday, close on the 17th of August. We found a place to rent until we find what we want to buy, but we're going from 2100 sq ft down to 1200 sq ft...so now I'm downsizing/cleaning out clutter/packing stuff. It's a whirlwind around here, and numerous trips to take donations to the thrift store!

AND I had a flurry of doc appointments & testing to try to figure out exactly what is wrong with my lungs, because the meds were not giving me as much improvement as expected. Long story short...it's not the horrible lung disease the doc first suspected (one of those progressive diseases with no treatment/no cure/2-5 yr life expectancy.) But it turns out I really do have COPD, but a not-so-common version of it -bronchii damage from long-ago childhood illness instead of the usual emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Other good news is both Xray and CT scan showed no evidence of any lung cancer or emphysema...so quitting smoking 8 yrs ago really did work like the public health ads talk: 7 years and your lungs are clear.)

The good news there is with this version of COPD, it looks like the prognosis...if all goes well with meds, treatments, and if I avoid serious infections, then I should have a near normal life expectancy (which is nice - way better than the other possibility he was looking at!!) I'll always have symptoms...there's no cure & the lung doesn't regrow/repair destroyed parts...but the symptoms should show improvement and not deteriorate too much further if all goes well.

The pulmonary doc is very much in favor of me losing as much as I can (though one of the side effects of the meds is too GAIN weight. It will be a battle royale!)

But anyway, we had a carby-Italian meal last Friday night to celebrate the house sale - first Italian we have had since early March! And the down side is that it has taken until today to get back to where I was on Friday morning: yep, a full 4 days to lose that water weight!

Now we're going out 2 nights in a row with friends we haven't seen in a long time. Will be really, really watching what I eat so as not to put on 4 lbs that take 4 days to lose again.

So I will have to be very, very careful to stay on plan and lose this excess weight...as doc says, "take a load off those lungs"

Will probably just pop in every now & then to see how people are doing, but I have a LOT of work to get done before 8/10!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 07-18-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Vyomguy -- congrats on making it to Onederland! That's awesome -- definitely inspirational!
Closed Thread