Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I went to a park yesterday with a friend and laid out for a few hours and didn't put on sun screen... big mistake. It was in San Francisco (Dolores park if any of you have been there) so I didn't really think there was enough sun to burn me, but boy was I wrong! I look like a lobster wearing a white bra and shorts. So horrible and painful, I couldn't even sleep last night (it's 7:30 am in CA right now). The good news is that I got to wear my bikini for the first time and I actually felt pretty good in it! However, now I've learned, with less clothes comes more responsibility. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I'm a pound away from my pre conference weight! I need to get to the next set of ten and power through it. I've been fooling around losing and gaining and losing the same few pounds far too long. I am 1.5 pounds from the next decade. After work today I've got to to some plumbing work for dd. It is in a tight space and I worked on it yesterday and woke up stiff and sore today. Hopefully I can just get it done and over with this afternoon! Have a wonderful Friday the 13th!
Good luck with the plumbing! I'll bet you could get down those 2 lbs pretty quickly, you are so close!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Up 0.4 pounds today...ate all kinds of unheathy stuff like banana cake, chips and salsa yesterday. It was office picnic and they had no meat there. Past week I have been eating unhealthy but I am looming around 201-203 range. Trying to be strict from today onwards. God, stillman is hard to maintain consistently.

Last edited by vyomguy; 07-13-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
I went to a park yesterday with a friend and laid out for a few hours and didn't put on sun screen... big mistake. It was in San Francisco (Dolores park if any of you have been there) so I didn't really think there was enough sun to burn me, but boy was I wrong! I look like a lobster wearing a white bra and shorts. So horrible and painful, I couldn't even sleep last night (it's 7:30 am in CA right now). The good news is that I got to wear my bikini for the first time and I actually felt pretty good in it! However, now I've learned, with less clothes comes more responsibility. D:

Good luck with the plumbing! I'll bet you could get down those 2 lbs pretty quickly, you are so close!!!

get some aloe vera gel, stat for the sunburn! Try and get the clear non-menthol kind (works best without the scent & additives) You can usually find it at the drugstore chains with the sunscreen section. Feels so soothing going on, and really, really helps heal the burn without excessive blistering.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:

Ouch ! I am sorry about that lil lav .... Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water .... cool to luke warm oatmeal or milk baths to soak and relax in, if your face has some damage from too much sun make a face mask of pure plain Greek yogurt applied to face not near your eyes and leave on for 10 mins cool rinse and apply two thin slices of cucumbers on the eyelids and a lil dab of natural honey on lips if needed .... Oh , and make sure to moisturize your skin and use sunblock when you go out to prevent further damage to your very sensitive skin .... and if you grow or can purchase your own Aloe plant use some of inside of the plant on sensitive damaged spots .... In a few days when the dried dead skin peels away use a very soft wash clothe and gentle body wash to wash it away in the shower ( baby care products all natural ) .... Pat dry , immediately moisturize and you should be wearing soft, loose fitting clothes as you heal .... Do not use exfoliater on sunburned skin not even on peeling skin ouch no .... Drink ! Drink ! a lot of water and most of all lil lav feel better !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
get some aloe vera gel, stat for the sunburn! Try and get the clear non-menthol kind (works best without the scent & additives) You can usually find it at the drugstore chains with the sunscreen section. Feels so soothing going on, and really, really helps heal the burn without excessive blistering.
Yes ! Yes ! It really does !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Up 0.4 pounds today...ate all kinds of unheathy stuff like banana cake, chips and salsa yesterday. It was office picnic and they had no meat there. Past week I have been eating unhealthy but I am looming around 201-203 range. Trying to be strict from today onwards. God, stillman is hard to maintain consistently.
Dang !!!! Good luck getting back on track .... I know you will be out of the woods asap !!!! You will get to your goal ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Last edited by Angelstill; 07-13-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I am going to visit a general dentist here in P.a to take a look at my tooth and explain my situation and see if he will prescribe some antibiotics for me in the mean time, till I can have the tooth extracted .... Tomorrow is weigh in day .... I am eating on plan lil bits of egg , chicken broth .... I am tired I guess it is just one of those days .... I say it is coffee time !!!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Ouch ! I am sorry about that lil lav .... Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water .... cool to luke warm oatmeal or milk baths to soak and relax in, if your face has some damage from too much sun make a face mask of pure plain Greek yogurt applied to face not near your eyes and leave on for 10 mins cool rinse and apply two thin slices of cucumbers on the eyelids and a lil dab of natural honey on lips if needed .... Oh , and make sure to moisturize your skin and use sunblock when you go out to prevent further damage to your very sensitive skin .... and if you grow or can purchase your own Aloe plant use some of inside of the plant on sensitive damaged spots .... In a few days when the dried dead skin peels away use a very soft wash clothe and gentle body wash to wash it away in the shower ( baby care products all natural ) .... Pat dry , immediately moisturize and you should be wearing soft, loose fitting clothes as you heal .... Do not use exfoliater on sunburned skin not even on peeling skin ouch no .... Drink ! Drink ! a lot of water and most of all lil lav feel better !!!!
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try that yogurt mask a little later. I was literally crying in pain earlier... it hurts to walk and I keep getting chills, I think I have a fever. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow if it continues.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #217
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I am going to visit a general dentist here in P.a to take a look at my tooth and explain my situation and see if he will prescribe some antibiotics for me in the mean time, till I can have the tooth extracted .... Tomorrow is weigh in day .... I am eating on plan lil bits of egg , chicken broth .... I am tired I guess it is just one of those days .... I say it is coffee time !!!

I'm glad you are going in for antibiotics. It will ease the pain and you shouldn't let an infection stay untreated.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Ouch! Just hearing about sunburn makes me cringe. Can anyone repost SillyErin's Turkey Burger fast thing? I couldn't find it and I was gonna do it next week for a couple of days to get me out of this 138-9 see-saw. And what's this about tilapia? How much do you eat a day? Just Tilapia?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Ouch! Just hearing about sunburn makes me cringe. Can anyone repost SillyErin's Turkey Burger fast thing? I couldn't find it and I was gonna do it next week for a couple of days to get me out of this 138-9 see-saw. And what's this about tilapia? How much do you eat a day? Just Tilapia?
Simply: pick the same 5 hour window everyday where you eat turkey burgers (lean or extra lean), and only turkey burgers. Doesn't necessarily matter how many, just as many as it takes to fill you up throughout those 5 hours (probably won't be more than 4), and that's all you eat for the day. Nothing else. This really worked for some, but not really for me... tilapia works for me instead! I don't do the fast five window though. Again, doesn't really matter how much you eat a day. I find that I get best results when that's the only thing I eat, aside from the egg I eat every morning. I just have a tilapia filet for lunch and one for dinner. You get kinda tired of that after a while, though, but I almost always see results the next morning as long as I eat it for one meal. So I usually have a day or two over the week where I eat it for lunch and dinner but then I'll make leftovers for lunch the next day. I've been finding recipes and different spices to use to mix it up a little bit and it hasn't hindered my loss. I even did almond crusted tilapia for dinner last night, and I was down a lb today!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #220
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Happy Saturday! I'm going to have a fish day tomorrow and part of today. I need to finish my leftover chicken today but if the grand girls help eat it, it will be gone in one meal. Fish is for me the best way to drop pounds. I'm going to have a few fish days - I need to get to the next set of ten!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Good morning! I'm a pound away from my pre conference weight! I need to get to the next set of ten and power through it. I've been fooling around losing and gaining and losing the same few pounds far too long. I am 1.5 pounds from the next decade. After work today I've got to to some plumbing work for dd. It is in a tight space and I worked on it yesterday and woke up stiff and sore today. Hopefully I can just get it done and over with this afternoon! Have a wonderful Friday the 13th!
Mim you should be so proud, you're really kickin it hard this time around!
Quote:

OMG I remember as a kid we'd skip school and head to the beach, and my Mom would be chasing me round with aloe leaves and making me sit in a cold tub with vinegar or baking soda.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
hey Vy it's just one day.......your encore will rock!
Quote:
Good morning! Happy Saturday! I'm going to have a fish day tomorrow and part of today. I need to finish my leftover chicken today but if the grand girls help eat it, it will be gone in one meal. Fish is for me the best way to drop pounds. I'm going to have a few fish days - I need to get to the next set of ten!
O Mim it's so hot do tell what your making for food..........I have nothing prepped and I hate to run the oven......I may take the toaster oven outside it's so brutal...........hehehehe
Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #222
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhh, CC - I do a lot of stove top - simmering chicken or salmon. But the way my townhouse is set up, I can run the oven and not add too much to the heat in the living room.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #223
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh the other thing I've been doing is eating Tuna salad and Egg salad. I make it in big batches and eat it for two days. It is cold and tastes especially good in this hot weather.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Finally blasted past the plateau
Thank you Lord

After being 155 for weeks , this morning I was at 151.4
What a relief

I'm still going strong , oddly enough the loss came after I stopped working out for like 3 days
Just doing Stillmans and no gym , now the scale moves
Ive been eating chicken , fish and tuna

This is crazy but I'll take it

Finally some motivation

Last edited by akagal20; 07-14-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #225
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Thank you Lord

What a relief

I'm still going strong , oddly enough the loss came after I stopped working out for like 3 days

Finally some motivation
Congratulations, Tanya! Hopefully the loss will continue!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #226
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

So close, yet so far away! I'm half a pound from pre-conference weight and a pound from being in the next set of ten. Well, a bit less, but my scale is half pound increments. Tuesday is weigh in and I'll be in the new decade by then!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Hope all are doing well. I am 4lb from goal but desperately need to start exercising. I had a small op last week and so I have to wait a couple of weeks until I can get started. Now that the weight has gone, regular exercise has become my new challenge. I used to do a fair bit years ago but somehow I fell out of it. I am raring to go....have to be careful due to back problems so I am going to start with pilates and then add some sort of cardio with light weights. I think for me it will be more of a light weight lifting thing. I want to increase my metabolism. GT, gonna need your help! Hi CC, how are you? you have been in my thoughts.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Up a lb today but I didn't really eat very good yesterday so I was kinda expecting that. Tomorrow I start a cleanse that is completely different from everything I've been doing for the past 2 months (no meat!) and I'm gonna do that for 4-5 days and see where it gets me. People have been getting good results, losing like 4-6 lbs from it but I'm assuming most of it is water bloat, which I shouldn't have much of so I'm not sure what it will do for me. I kinda think of it as my transition from strict low carb to regular clean eating/low carb. I also changed my stats again. I'm hoping 128 will be a good weight for me, even though it means I have more to lose. My goal is to get to 130 by the end of next week and then I leave the following Monday for my trip. The first friend I'm visiting has also been eating clean and working out a lot so I'm excited to go to her boot camp and we have lots of physical activities planned! So I think I can still stay low carb with her and lose another 2 lbs or so that week. It's the following weeks that are gonna be much more difficult. :/
Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Sunday, all...

my theme today is I HATE WATER WEIGHT GAIN!

We went out Friday night to celebrate finally selling our house... this is 2nd Spring/Summer on the market and getting towards the end of the selling season around here (keeping fingers crossed, but we did accept an offer, without contingencies, on Friday. Guess they could technically still back out & forfeit the deposit, but we're pretty sure it's a solid deal.)

So anyway, we went for Olive Garden...haven't had anything resembling Italian food for 5 months! Enjoyed our meal, and then I promptly popped up 4 pounds on Saturday morning weigh-in.

Now I'm positive I did not eat anywhere close to 14,000 extra calories in one meal on Friday night, lol. We even split an app & entree--which I didn't finish my 1/2 of, anyhow. And only one glass of wine, too.

We went right back on strict Stillman's on Saturday morning...boiled eggs, plain fish & very lean steak.

But my rings are still very tight today, as are my shoes...and the danged scale didn't budge of that 4 extra lbs. this morning. FRUSTRATING! But I don't regret eating that food on Friday, it was delicious

Hopefully Monday will be happier scale morning...

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon, all.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Thank you Lord

What a relief

Finally some motivation
Yes! Way to go!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh the other thing I've been doing is eating Tuna salad and Egg salad. I make it in big batches and eat it for two days. It is cold and tastes especially good in this hot weather.
mmmmmmmmm....I keep forgetting to make up the dozen eggs I boiled the other day.
Quote:
Thank you Lord

What a relief

Finally some motivation
I knew you would get there WTG!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Hope all are doing well. I am 4lb from goal but desperately need to start exercising. I had a small op last week and so I have to wait a couple of weeks until I can get started. Now that the weight has gone, regular exercise has become my new challenge. I used to do a fair bit years ago but somehow I fell out of it. I am raring to go....have to be careful due to back problems so I am going to start with pilates and then add some sort of cardio with light weights. I think for me it will be more of a light weight lifting thing. I want to increase my metabolism. GT, gonna need your help! Hi CC, how are you? you have been in my thoughts.
{{{{{{{{{MMA}}}}}}}} thinking of you, too are you seeing the chiropractor? We've both been since March, truly a blessing! Haven't walked since last fall, don't get out much since DH hasn't been working and his bad hip, he won't be eligible for gov health care for another three years and we have no insurance.........
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

watching For Your Eyes Only, yeah, we have our Brit on lately.........can't wait for the Open later this week.......
Old 07-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i boiled my eggs tonight. keep eating your protein everyone. this works! it is more than amazing. CC: you were right on the body starting to continue to re balance after getting to goal. it's happening to me.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #234
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post

I'm so glad you popped in! I was looking at some old posts and missing you! Congratulations on being so close to goal!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #235
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning friends! Silly scale. It forgot to move down this morning! Tomorrow I'm sure it will correct itself. I've got a pretty busy several days and a parishioner in hospice care. That means I've always got to be dressed professional. Which brings me another topic. My clothes are too big! I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to do mostly fish for awhile and drop the next 10 pounds as quickly as my body will let me. I didn't want to buy clothes until fall, but I'm not going to be able to wear what I have much longer. Such problems!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys!! I'm back from my vacation and had an amazing time! Bad news is I definitely indulged...buy hey it's vacation after all! Who can resist ice cream at the beach and pancake breakfast at the lake??! Plus a few margherita's and other adult bevvies
so the bad news is I weighed in at 148 today (boo hoo) but hoping some of that is water weight from the carbs, going to give it a few more days on plan again to see what the true damage is.
Glad to see everyone is doing so well!! Welcome new members!!
I've got 11 days until another weekend away at our lake house with friends (no kids this time!) so I've got to be strict until then, hoping to get to 140
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Down another pound

I found two secret weapons

1. I stopped my hard core gym workouts and just literally Walked around more
Less sitting , less naps and less lounging

2. Chicken broth! So good and hot and keeps me feeling full
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Hi, everybody -- just wanted to come say 'Hi' and introduce myself -- I'm Deen and this is my first day on Stillman's! So far I'm feeling good -- not hungry and actually liking the food (sometimes I think I get hung up thinking I need low carb crackers and breads and stuff and I don't even like the taste of them that much anyway -- they're not worth the carbs I waste on 'em...)

Here's what I'm eating today -- let me know your thoughts and where I might tweak. Thanks and have a great day!

breakfast: turkey sausage and tea (1 g carb, 7 g fat)

Lunch: shrimp cocktail (sugar-free cocktail sauce), 2 oz low fat cottage cheese
(6g carbs, 2g fat)

snack: sugar-free jello

Dinner: Chicken breast (O g carb, 1 g fat)

Drinking:
tea, water, coffee, seltzer, crystal light
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i boiled my eggs tonight. keep eating your protein everyone. this works! it is more than amazing. CC: you were right on the body starting to continue to re balance after getting to goal. it's happening to me.
You are right
It does work. The results are truly like no other diet program
I've had my fair share of road blocks with Stillmans, but I always keep my original Stillman book in my drawer so I can pull it out from time to time to read from the Man himself. LOL

We all have to tweak it a bit to get it just right

But it does produce results if we stay on plan
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #240
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Hi, everybody -- just wanted to come say 'Hi' and introduce myself -- I'm Deen and this is my first day on Stillman's! So far I'm feeling good -- not hungry and actually liking the food (sometimes I think I get hung up thinking I need low carb crackers and breads and stuff and I don't even like the taste of them that much anyway -- they're not worth the carbs I waste on 'em...)

Here's what I'm eating today -- let me know your thoughts and where I might tweak. Thanks and have a great day!

breakfast: turkey sausage and tea (1 g carb, 7 g fat)

Lunch: shrimp cocktail (sugar-free cocktail sauce), 2 oz low fat cottage cheese
(6g carbs, 2g fat)

snack: sugar-free jello

Dinner: Chicken breast (O g carb, 1 g fat)

Drinking:
tea, water, coffee, seltzer, crystal light
Welcome! Your menu looks fine - but - be aware that even though it is allowed, some of us stall on cottage cheese. The same is true of artificial sweetners. However, some of us do not have problems with them. So see how you do, so you can do what works for you!
Closed Thread