Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Good morning all! I was up 1.8 lbs this morning. I made buffalo wings again last night and according to the recipe, there was TONS of sodium in a serving (I went easy on the salt but I also had to use a lot of Red Hot) so I'm hoping it's mostly water bloat because I don't feel like I ate THAT much. I woke up super early (at least too early for my tastes) and in a bad mood even before looking at the scale but instead of laying in bed for hours til I had to get up like I normally would, I got up and went on a run! I have hated running all my life and have NEVER run voluntarily except for recently. I ran my first mile at the gym the other day. 20 years old and never ran a mile in my life until a few days ago! So I'm proud of myself! For once in my life, I am healthy, and it makes all the difference. I feel much better after my run, especially knowing that I've already gotten in some exercise today even though I'm also going to the gym with the boyfriend later.

Also, about the weight chart... I guess I personally just prefer looking at other things and using multiple ways of checking things like that besides strictly weight. Probably comes from my own insecurities about being overweight (although I know you all can relate to that) but I've also never been skinny before so I don't know what weight is appropriate for me yet and don't have much frame of reference. I've spent a lot of time online using charts and calculators trying to figure out what weight I should be at but honestly I think it just takes losing until you feel comfortable with how you look.
Sugar and salt are the enemies kick em to the curb .... Keep drinking lots of water and you will banish that nasty salt .... Iwings !!!! awesome lil lav running is fat burning and muscle toning in action .... get some headphones and play your fav tunes gets that mojo goin !!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Brave is great! We had a wonderful time. We ended up not eating out which is good for me. The girls had popcorn - I wasn't tempted. The scale didn't move today but it will. We are going to the amusement park today so I'll have tuna and exercise!

AWESOME WILL POWER !!!! GO YOU !!!!!
Weight charts I would look at the highest weight for your height, make that your goal and then see how you look and feel. If you look good and are happy - stay at that weight. If not, lose more. I think we all have different views about what constitutes pretty - some of us like curves, and some of us like a straighter figure. Do what feels natural to you.
Thank you very much ! I will do just that ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I was 1 pound over stats today. Stillmans is so unforgiving if you cheat.
I was still in ketosis this morning so I am hoping it is just water bloat. No way I ate enough to account for a pound of fat gain.
I bet it is water weight ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Hello everybody,

Hope all of you are doing good. I was vacation for the past 6 days. Had gone to vegas to play in WSOP. Ended up eating lot of unhealthy food.

Today I checked and I had gained 2.2 pounds over the past 6 days. Not as bad as I had thought. Anyway, I have to kick start my strict regime again. Will take another week to go below 200...onto the grind.
Hey, that 2 lbs over 6 days off plan amazing .... I would have done so much damage I cannot be good on vacay .... I just want to try and taste all the yummies lol good luck getting back on plan !!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Spa Water recipe

Spa Water

Refreshing twist for people who hate water

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

1/2 cucumber with peel
1/2 lemon with rind
8 cups of water

Directions

Pour 8 cups of water into a pitcher
Thinly slice cucumber with peel still on
Slice lemon
Add cucumber and lemon to the water
Chill for about an hour
Enjoy

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 3.6
Total Fat: 0.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 5.3 mg
Total Carbs: 1.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.2 g

View full nutritional breakdown of Spa Water calories by ingredient

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #154
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! It happened last night. Those who haven't known me for a long time probably don't know that I am regularly abducted by aliens. They do something to me that causes me to eat what they serve. Yesterday they served me corn on the cob - 2 pieces, and other carb laden sides and blueberry pie. Lots of blueberry pie. Aliens are not easy to get away from once they abduct you. And they look like normal people - last night they looked like the hostess of a dinner meeting. The good news is that after they abduct me, they usually leave me alone for months! Weigh in was not pretty this morning, needless to say.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
GT!!!!!!

wow you ex smokers are da bomb..........someday DH will get on board, I hope......

sounds like a good day had by all YAY!!!!!!
I was lucky. I was in a good frame of mind to quit and so was DH. It was HARD and I think I was in a near constant rage for 6 months but it was worth it in the long run. I hope your hubby is able to do it someday.

Quote:
Hello everybody,

Hope all of you are doing good. I was vacation for the past 6 days. Had gone to vegas to play in WSOP. Ended up eating lot of unhealthy food.

Today I checked and I had gained 2.2 pounds over the past 6 days. Not as bad as I had thought. Anyway, I have to kick start my strict regime again. Will take another week to go below 200...onto the grind.
2.2 is not bad for 6 days. I gain 5 in bloat every time I look at anything off diet. You will have it off in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Thanks Everybody for setting my mind at ease with the whole weight and height chart .... I always thought I was 5'5 turns out I am 5'4 I am too young to be shrinking, I hope .... 5'4" 110 to 119 hmmmm.... so I will take the higher weight of course .... I have a long road ahead of me .... As for my shoe size, This I know .... 3 things that make my feet swell / larger .... weight gain , salt, and hot weather .... If all of them occur at the same time I am @#$%!!!! and my toe ring hurts My feet are narrow with a high arch which was inherited by my mother .... as of now, most of my sneakers that I have stretched out fit loose on my feet.... My tootsies are going back to the way they should be .... Another awesome Stillman's miracle I am so amazed about is that my preggy looking tummy is gone .... I carry most of my weight in the tummy .... I have narrow hips and am long legged, so the weight goes to the butt and belly and although, height and weight charts go by bone structure it is also, important to judge by how the weight loss shows on your frame .... Myself as an example I lose most of the weight from the tummy and butt .... 110 lbs would be great it has been so long since I had those tiny digits at my feet .... A while ago, someone mentioned on LCF I forgot who at the moment , had posted that those tiny digits on the scale make them feel much more feminine , it may not necessarily be true for everyone .... however, I can relate to that comment .... Today was a busy day at work and It is 2:30 am Eastern time .... Computer business never sleeps lol I told my boyfriend we can sure use some over seas remote sessions tonight .... Today's menu I dined on my boring fast 5 Turkey diet (2) extra lean turkey burgers .... I will weigh myself in couple of hours, I really am trying to become less scale obsessed It can be as frustrating as quitting cigs and btw CC your DH will quit as soon as he is ready I am hoping for the same with my boyfriend ....
lol I was told I was 5'10 when I was in high school. Not till recently did someone tell me that I did not seem that tall. I checked and I was only 5'7". I am only 38. No way I am shrinking already. (I hope)

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 204.4 this morning. .4 less than where I was before the evil cherries stole my will to be a stillmanite.
No way I am going to be under 200 by vacation but that is OK. I am pretty dang close. By Saturday morning I will be so close I can smell it. The 100+ temps are gone finally so I can start going on my walks again.

Quote:
Good morning! It happened last night. Those who haven't known me for a long time probably don't know that I am regularly abducted by aliens. They do something to me that causes me to eat what they serve. Yesterday they served me corn on the cob - 2 pieces, and other carb laden sides and blueberry pie. Lots of blueberry pie. Aliens are not easy to get away from once they abduct you. And they look like normal people - last night they looked like the hostess of a dinner meeting. The good news is that after they abduct me, they usually leave me alone for months! Weigh in was not pretty this morning, needless to say.
Aliens with blueberry pie are the terrible! The only thing worse are the ones with chocolate pie! (my mother in law)
I love her to death but the woman can not show up here without pies.

You will get right back on track, Mim.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
This thread is getting downright scary...aliens! Shrinking humans Swellings If I wake up 3 inches shorter, with swollen feet & pie crumbs around me I'll know exactly what happened,

Sounds like a very dangerous world we're living in, folks.

I guess I better mind my eating and hide from the heat & aliens, lol.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Tilapia is a magical fish, I swear! It almost always makes the scale move in the right direction. I'm pretty sure I was right about the bloat from the sodium in the wings, because I'm down 2 lbs today!! I hardly ever see those kind of results. I'm so happy I went on that run too because we didn't end up going to the gym yesterday so today is a must!
I'm giving a presentation at work today and I'm kind of nervous because I've never been good at those things. Then we're having a little party because a lot of us are leaving. I work in a research lab at a university and a lot of my coworkers got into grad school recently so they are continuing on to get their Ph.D in the fall, one is having a baby, and I am going off to Sweden! So they thought it would be fun to have a "transition" party. They're ordering Chinese food and it looks so yummy but I remember what happened last time I tried eating a little and I do nottt want to ruin my progress. So I'm bringing my leftover tilapia... I hope that's not rude. :/

Quote:
Darn those aliens! You'll get back on track soon! Maybe you were overdue for an abduction... at least now they won't return for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
This thread is getting downright scary...aliens! Shrinking humans Swellings If I wake up 3 inches shorter, with swollen feet & pie crumbs around me I'll know exactly what happened,

Last edited by littlelavender; 07-10-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
For the first time this month I feel revved up and energized.

The scale is creeping at an achingly slow pace, but in a downward motion, so i'll take it. My waist and hips are slowly but surely getting back to where I want.

I'm just 1 size away from my goal.
I haven't cheated at all since I started, and my work outs have been kicked in to high gear. I may take off today because my knee is killing me ( too much high impact cardio classes).

I feel like I am dragging my body to hell and back to get this weight off. I hope I remember this feeling when I reach my goal weight and get the desire to start to slack off.
The maintenance workouts were SO much easier than this. I can't wait to get back there.

It was nice to see the scale inch down this morning, even if it was by just a notch.

I am doing eggs, chicken and fish this week. Chugging water like a mad man and taking the stairs instead of elevator and doing every little thing I can to burn more calories.

10 more lbs to go and its going to take everything I have to get rid of them. Now is the not the time to get weak or lose focus.

Thanks to everyone for the motivation, the personal stories.

I love how everyone here is so honest about the food they eat and how they feel. We are all human.

I can admit I am so exhausted and some days, I just feel like I can't move forward but I know you all are in the same boat. We can do it.

-Tanya

Last edited by akagal20; 07-10-2012 at 09:48 AM..
Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Quote:
Hey, that 2 lbs over 6 days off plan amazing .... I would have done so much damage I cannot be good on vacay .... I just want to try and taste all the yummies lol good luck getting back on plan !!!!
Quote:
2.2 is not bad for 6 days. I gain 5 in bloat every time I look at anything off diet. You will have it off in no time!
I just checked today and my weight is 201.8. Before I left to vacation I was 202.2. So, most of the increase I saw yesterday was water weight
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tilapia is a magical fish, I swear! It almost always makes the scale move in the right direction. I'm pretty sure I was right about the bloat from the sodium in the wings, because I'm down 2 lbs today!! I hardly ever see those kind of results. I'm so happy I went on that run too because we didn't end up going to the gym yesterday so today is a must!
I'm giving a presentation at work today and I'm kind of nervous because I've never been good at those things. Then we're having a little party because a lot of us are leaving. I work in a research lab at a university and a lot of my coworkers got into grad school recently so they are continuing on to get their Ph.D in the fall, one is having a baby, and I am going off to Sweden! So they thought it would be fun to have a "transition" party. They're ordering Chinese food and it looks so yummy but I remember what happened last time I tried eating a little and I do nottt want to ruin my progress. So I'm bringing my leftover tilapia... I hope that's not rude. :/
I do not think it is rude. You are doing what you need to do to succeed. Anyone that would look down on you for it isn't worth a second thought anyway. Stay strong and true to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post

The scale is creeping at an achingly slow pace, but in a downward motion, so i'll take it. My waist and hips are slowly but surely getting back to where I want.

I haven't cheated at all since I started, and my work outs have been kicked in to high gear. I may take off today because my knee is killing me ( too much high impact cardio classes).

I feel like I am dragging my body to hell and back to get this weight off. I hope I remember this feeling when I reach my goal weight and get the desire to start to slack off.
The maintenance workouts were SO much easier than this. I can't wait to get back there.

It was nice to see the scale inch down this morning, even if it was by just a notch.

I am doing eggs, chicken and fish this week. Chugging water like a mad man and taking the stairs instead of elevator and doing every little thing I can to burn more calories.

10 more lbs to go and its going to take everything I have to get rid of them. Now is the not the time to get weak or lose focus.

I love how everyone here is so honest about the food they eat and how they feel. We are all human.

I can admit I am so exhausted and some days, I just feel like I can't move forward but I know you all are in the same boat. We can do it.

-Tanya
I am so happy you are seeing the scale move. It sounds like you are working hard and deserve it. I find it amazing, everything you are doing to hit goal. It gives me some insight into what could be some bumps in my road when I get close to goal and how hard I will have to fight to get past them.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! Yay on the quick losses! Tanya I so have to get my backside in gear for the workouts. I'm halfheartedly doing bits but I need a plan and program. My body totally changes with workouts and unfortunately it goes the other way (squishy!) without them. And I like working out, dunno why I've become so lazy!! Hmmm well maybe the sun has sonething to do with it!!
Lavender-no it's not rude at all. Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do!!
Soooo I have a confession--not food related!! But when I was at home I got fillers!! Those who know me know that the only thing I really hated about the weight loss was the toll it took on my face. I'm not really sure it was the loss as such, I think it really has been the maintaining and the huge amount of cardio I was doing. It really was painfully thin. Anyway when I went to get it the Doc said it was really 'skeletel' with no fat whatsoever!! Ouch!! So I got some!! It is really the best thing ever!! I actually have cheeks when I smile!! I'm getting some more at the end of August when I go home. It's extremely natural looking too so I'm pleased! There's no way you'd ever guess I'd had some--and it's not something I'd admit too either!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I watch Ancient Aliens on the history channel .... too funny
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:

-Tanya
excellent!!! keep it up. you will get there. yes, you will remember that hard work you did and when you are at goal, you will stick right there. that's what has happened for me. you might be surprised that all this diligent work could give you a little "whoosh" loss somewhere along the way. stay focused and disciplined.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

I am having a much easier day today .... Woke up at 2:00 pm so I did not have to wait too long for my window to open .... I ate my two turkey burgers and drank a lot of espresso and lemon water .... I feel tired a bit still so I will retire early to bed this evening after a very long hot bath I blast the a/c so itfeels great and relaxing .... I have to be up early tomorrow so I will make sure to drink chamomile tea before bed instead of green tea .... I am glad that everybody is losing weight I lost another pound and I hope to be out of this new decade around this time next month !!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just checked today and my weight is 201.8. Before I left to vacation I was 202.2. So, most of the increase I saw yesterday was water weight
Wow!!!! That's amazing. Congrats!

Alright, alright... I brought my tilapia to work but I did have a bite or two of chinese. Literally just 5 or 6 things total from various dishes, so hoping it won't show tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Fabulous! You are SO close to the 100s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!! Yay on the quick losses! Tanya I so have to get my backside in gear for the workouts. I'm halfheartedly doing bits but I need a plan and program. My body totally changes with workouts and unfortunately it goes the other way (squishy!) without them. And I like working out, dunno why I've become so lazy!! Hmmm well maybe the sun has sonething to do with it!!
Soooo I have a confession--not food related!! But when I was at home I got fillers!! Those who know me know that the only thing I really hated about the weight loss was the toll it took on my face. I'm not really sure it was the loss as such, I think it really has been the maintaining and the huge amount of cardio I was doing. It really was painfully thin. Anyway when I went to get it the Doc said it was really 'skeletel' with no fat whatsoever!! Ouch!! So I got some!! It is really the best thing ever!! I actually have cheeks when I smile!! I'm getting some more at the end of August when I go home. It's extremely natural looking too so I'm pleased! There's no way you'd ever guess I'd had some--and it's not something I'd admit too either!!
wow brave! I could never have that done. I am scared to have blood drawn let alone a voluntary procedure. I am thrilled you are happy with the results. I know that kind of thing can do wonders for people if it is done right.
Quote:
I am having a much easier day today .... Woke up at 2:00 pm so I did not have to wait too long for my window to open .... I ate my two turkey burgers and drank a lot of espresso and lemon water .... I feel tired a bit still so I will retire early to bed this evening after a very long hot bath I blast the a/c so itfeels great and relaxing .... I have to be up early tomorrow so I will make sure to drink chamomile tea before bed instead of green tea .... I am glad that everybody is losing weight I lost another pound and I hope to be out of this new decade around this time next month !!!!
Have a good nights sleep. Congrats on the loss! Hopefully you feel much better tomorrow.
Quote:
Alright, alright... I brought my tilapia to work but I did have a bite or two of chinese. Literally just 5 or 6 things total from various dishes, so hoping it won't show tomorrow.
Don't sweat it. Even if you see a small gain. It is water from the salt intake. Drink tons of fluids the next day to flush it out.

I had some cherries tonight but they did not lead to any other bad things. I was content to have a small bowl of them and stop. Now I am off to bed. See you guys tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin. Now I feel like I am talking to myself.
I was up .8 today. Dang cherries....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #169
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Step away from the dang cherries!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #170
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I watch Ancient Aliens on the history channel .... too funny
It is what I've been saying!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #171
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I had a breakfast meeting. We met at iHop and I got an omelet without pancake batter. I am feeling much better now that the aliens have left me alone for a day!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Step away from the dang cherries!
Oh how I wish I could.
Quote:
Good morning! I had a breakfast meeting. We met at iHop and I got an omelet without pancake batter. I am feeling much better now that the aliens have left me alone for a day!
That is awesome. Hopefully the aliens leave you alone for awhile.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

I am up 0.8 pounds today I cheated yesterday with some chips...had just 3 of them...thought it wouldnt hurt....guess not. This is discouraging after I walked 2 miles and biked 3 miles.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
We are in the same boat bratty...lets lose it back tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Last night , I was abducted by Aliens too, they gave me such a headache and before they could make me eat some of those yummy's *poof* I fell asleep Zzzz's.... I took an Excedrin P.M .... Although, I am losing weight , I must say seriously Turkey Extra lean are so dry.... I think it was Ashley aka Bratty, mentioning about a poached egg over the burger. I am definitely trying it cooked that way .... I just have to figure out how to poach an egg perhaps, watch it on youtube I love to cook however , eggs were never my eggspertise yeah I went there .... I am craving cherries I wonder why ???? I really miss eating sweet summer fruits that are in season I just have to remind myself that I have a goal to reach and try my best to reach it by the late fall or sooner would be great ! I do not understand what the fillers are ???? perhaps, I will look that one up I have some knowledge of the facial anatomy , which brings me to this .... Well, I need an oral maxillary facial surgeon soon like yesterday .... because, I need a wisdom tooth extracted it is a lower( mandible) posterior that is causing me a great deal of ear pain, headache, etc.... I am afraid of needles as well and any such instruments that look like the tools in my shed I have been chewing on the other side for a couple of days and I know the drill ha ! ha ! yes, I went there.... If this matter is not taken care of asap it will eventually become abscessed so it is time to get what is needed done .... I probably will be only on liquids the first day or so maybe a low carb protein shake I guess .... Any suggestions ? Wish me luck, I am scared
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Cherries ? Chips ? is it possible ? yes, aliens !!!! I hope the water weight banishes quickly ....
Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Last night , I was abducted by Aliens too, they gave me such a headache and before they could make me eat some of those yummy's *poof* I fell asleep Zzzz's.... I took an Excedrin P.M .... Although, I am losing weight , I must say seriously Turkey Extra lean are so dry.... I think it was Ashley aka Bratty, mentioning about a poached egg over the burger. I am definitely trying it cooked that way .... I just have to figure out how to poach an egg perhaps, watch it on youtube I love to cook however , eggs were never my eggspertise yeah I went there .... I am craving cherries I wonder why ???? I really miss eating sweet summer fruits that are in season I just have to remind myself that I have a goal to reach and try my best to reach it by the late fall or sooner would be great ! I do not understand what the fillers are ???? perhaps, I will look that one up I have some knowledge of the facial anatomy , which brings me to this .... Well, I need an oral maxillary facial surgeon soon like yesterday .... because, I need a wisdom tooth extracted it is a lower( mandible) posterior that is causing me a great deal of ear pain, headache, etc.... I am afraid of needles as well and any such instruments that look like the tools in my shed I have been chewing on the other side for a couple of days and I know the drill ha ! ha ! yes, I went there.... If this matter is not taken care of asap it will eventually become abscessed so it is time to get what is needed done .... I probably will be only on liquids the first day or so maybe a low carb protein shake I guess .... Any suggestions ? Wish me luck, I am scared
Angel, find a dental surgeon who will do the "twilight sleep" version of anesthetic -- mine involved no needles at all, it was an inhaled medication (either that or the inhaled med made me so groggy I didn't notice the needles, lol.) I had 4 wisdom teeth removed that way...and have had 4 crowns installed (with all the prepatory work that means, including root canals) You drift off to dreamy sleep, and wake up woozy when it's all over. The pain doesn't even hit until hours later, and then it's not terrible (they give you painkillers for the first day at least.)

I HATE dentist, can't stand having them work on my teeth (result of horrible dentist we went to as children...he did not believe in novocaine for anything, including pulling teeth & drilling! He was a friend of my dad's from childhood...and my mom did not realize how bad he was until she had to have some major work & found out the jerk was opposed to anesthetic because he "didn't think it hurt that much".) Anyway, though I still don't like going for any kind of dental work, now I know I can get work done without freaking out.

My regular dentist will even do some relaxing-meds for simple procedures like teeth cleaning...he said he'd rather have people get the regular maintenance on "happy pills" than skip the normal work & end up with big problems down the road.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just get it done and over with! Trust me, it's not worth the pain and potential risks. Like catne said, find a doctor who will give you an anesthetic and you'll just go to sleep and wake up kinda groggy but you won't have to see anything they do for the procedure. It will be painful for a week or two but they will give you lots of vicodin! Although it is not an ideal procedure when you're on a diet, it could cause potential health issues later, so it's one of those things that you may have to put the diet on hold for a while. If you're going to make shakes, I'd use unsweetened almond milk and berries to try to keep it low carb. Eat lots of yogurt! You could even probably buy some and freeze as frozen yogurt which would help with the pain. That way you can still either choose low fat (higher in carbs) or regular (higher in fat but lower in carbs). You could eat low sodium broth/soup, or I'm thinking scrambled eggs might be okay. Also, shirataki noodles with sauce since they are also low in carbs and, from what I've read, they're kinda gel-like in texture. I've never had them but I've read about them and I've been looking to buy some! I just never see them at the store. Honestly you're probably not going to be eating very much anyway so I wouldn't worry so much about gaining. But seriously, don't freak yourself out about it too much. Especially if it's only one! I got 3 out last year and it wasn't all that bad. You can do it!

Last edited by littlelavender; 07-11-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Mim, you are not whipping yourself like a bad dog, so good to see this ane side step is not fazing you!!!!!!!!!! abd too funny BTW!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Down to 204.4 this morning. .4 less than where I was before the evil cherries stole my will to be a stillmanite.
No way I am going to be under 200 by vacation but that is OK. I am pretty dang close. By Saturday morning I will be so close I can smell it. The 100+ temps are gone finally so I can start going on my walks again.

Aliens with blueberry pie are the terrible! The only thing worse are the ones with chocolate pie! (my mother in law)
I love her to death but the woman can not show up here without pies.

You will get right back on track, Mim.
and so will you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post

Quote:

-Tanya
hang in there girl, you're a trooper and ya know it.......we certainly do!!!!!!!!
Quote:
WTG!!!!!!
Quote:
I do not think it is rude. You are doing what you need to do to succeed. Anyone that would look down on you for it isn't worth a second thought anyway. Stay strong and true to yourself.

I am so happy you are seeing the scale move. It sounds like you are working hard and deserve it. I find it amazing, everything you are doing to hit goal. It gives me some insight into what could be some bumps in my road when I get close to goal and how hard I will have to fight to get past them.
well said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
translator, please! Joking, joking! Did ye get cheek implants??????????
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We are in the same boat bratty...lets lose it back tomorrow.
I ate more cherries They are evil things and won't leave me alone. I will do my best to behave tomorrow, promise!
Quote:
I eat an easy over egg over my turkey burger. Pretty yummy but more calories and fat.
Get the tooth done. I was knocked out for my extractions (all 4 at once). So no needle pain or anything. It was great. The after pain wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be. It is always the fear of it that is worse.
Closed Thread