Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
trying to figure out how you guys are doing these multi quotes. any tips? thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys! Glad to see everyone is doing so well! I have not weighed in a few days as I found daily weighing was really playing with my confidence. But I felt so much slimmer tonight that I tried on my "skinny" jeans and they fit finally! Size 27 seven for all mankind. A bit snug but definitely wearable! A major victory. Leaving for vacay on Monday, I've got 3 more days to blast some pounds....I think I will weigh tomorrow.
Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!!! xoxo
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #63
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I'm back! And I brought 3.5 pounds with me. Not too bad, really. The pounds don't bother me - they will be off in a few days. But I feel horrid. And I'm bloated beyond belief. This is a much needed reminder that I eat this way not only to lose weight, but to feel good. I had too many meals out with friends and they were not on plan. Although one interesting thing - there was no dessert that tempted me. And really, I would have eaten on plan if I had been at places where that was possible. At any rate, I had a great time hanging with friends - a much needed break!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
HI LADIES!

Yea! There are so many new faces here! I'm so excited to see everyone. Isn't this diet AMAZING! For those who don't know me, my name is Beth, these wonderful woman helped me so much last yr. I lost all my wt in a MONTH! Lightning fast. I was a low carber for many yrs. mostly Atkins but once I got the knowledge of Stills I was on fire.

I'd love to post a few pics, but I don't know how to do that?! Can someone walk me through this process.

I'm back in the saddle with you all as I did an experiment. A VERY, VERY BAD ONE AT THAT! ARGH! Has anyone heard of "The Weigh Down Diet" by chance? Well, for some reason, my body HATED IT and I've gained probably 15 or so in such a short time. I did it like 3 weeks and actually gained! OH WELL, Stills is there to rescue us right?

I hope Al comes back. So nice to see you GT, and AKAGal! How's married life.

Hugs to you all and let's gettr done!

Beth
HI Beth!!

I am doing great. I am back at STillmans too
Married life is going well

-Tanya
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I drank alcohol on the 4th of July and not only did I make my stall worse, I picked up a pound.
Now I am REALLY in trouble. Eek
Man this is gonna be a set back.

guess I have to keep trucking, seems like this was so much simpler last year

-Tanya
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey guys! Glad to see everyone is doing so well! I have not weighed in a few days as I found daily weighing was really playing with my confidence. But I felt so much slimmer tonight that I tried on my "skinny" jeans and they fit finally! Size 27 seven for all mankind. A bit snug but definitely wearable! A major victory. Leaving for vacay on Monday, I've got 3 more days to blast some pounds....I think I will weigh tomorrow.
Size 27 ! Way to go
I have several size 27 jeans as that is my "normal size" and I cant even pull them over my hips.
Good job!

-Tanya
Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
trying to figure out how you guys are doing these multi quotes. any tips? thanks!
You click the ; symbol at the bottom of the post. It is in between two options.You can click as many as you want. They will turn reddish orange then on the last one click quote and they will all show up in the reply box as needed.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I'm back! And I brought 3.5 pounds with me. Not too bad, really. The pounds don't bother me - they will be off in a few days. But I feel horrid. And I'm bloated beyond belief. This is a much needed reminder that I eat this way not only to lose weight, but to feel good. I had too many meals out with friends and they were not on plan. Although one interesting thing - there was no dessert that tempted me. And really, I would have eaten on plan if I had been at places where that was possible. At any rate, I had a great time hanging with friends - a much needed break!
Glad you are back. You'll have those lbs off in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
I drank alcohol on the 4th of July and not only did I make my stall worse, I picked up a pound.
-Tanya
Oh me too. It was nice to indulge in alcohol for one night though.

So our 4th was good a little too good. I was up 2 pounds yesterday and felt so bloated. I think our food had tons of salt in it and the alcohol didn't help. Hubby bought whipped cream flavored and green apple flavored smirnoff
But I went strict stillmans yesterday and was down a pound today. One more to go to be back where I was on the morning of the 4th. Gonna be strict this month. My goal is in sight but still feels so far away.
Have a great Friday everyone
~Carole

Last edited by zulloc; 07-06-2012 at 07:01 AM..
Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Happy day-after-the-4th to all. Not feeling all that well today...doc put me on an additional inhaler med on Monday and I think I'm not tolerating the side effects too well...will be calling him later today about this med.
Hope you are feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
zulloc We have 2 dogs. A 1 year old lab mix (Hulk) we got at 6 weeks of age and a American pit terrier that is 6 months (Gumbo). We got him at 11 weeks. Both are the sweetest dogs. I am a recent dog lover. I never wanted one despite my husband bugging me all the time. I made him wait 8 years. Now I am an enthusiast and can not imagine life without them.. Husband says I am a freak now.

Oh they are so cute. Your lab mix is huge. Hulk is a very fitting name.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Hit the Quote Plus symbol ( "+ ) button appears in the lower right corner of the post, next to the Quote button. Hit the Quote Plus button on every post you want to quote, then hit the Post Reply button and all the posts you want to quote will appear in the box for you to reply to.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Down .8 today. My losses would be better if I did not have such a love of cheese. I can not seem to stop eating it for more than a day.
The last couple of days I have been eating a turkey burger with melted shredded cheddar on it. LOTS of cheddar.

Today I am trying to have no cheese. For my first meal today, I had a small thin turkey burger with an over easy egg on it. It was actually really good. I may do the same for dinner.

Quote:
ok. i'm staying on course. today was eggs, chicken, low fat cheese and a large soy protein shake. i know that soy protein is not all the list-but i am at goal and maintaining, it also makes me feel great (but that is just me, I know some have issues with soy and the thyroid). soy sometimes makes me feel a little bloaty, but it goes away rather quickly or by morning.

bratty: the heat is hard on me as well. i usually take a couple showers each day when the weather is too hot. keeps me from swelling up, water seems to be anti inflammatory for me. I have certain allergies and the heat can aggravate them.
You are doing a great job maintaining. I may follow your lead when I get there.

I wish I could jump in the show every hour to cool off.

Quote:
I open each quote in a new tab and copy paste into a new reply. Probably doing it the hard way.

Quote:
Welcome back! 3.5 is not that bad at all. They will be gone fairy quickly.

Quote:

-Tanya
Oh no. Hopefully that pound is gone quickly and takes some friends with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
Oh they are so cute. Your lab mix is huge. Hulk is a very fitting name.
My 6 year old son named him. He is a major super hero buff. He wanted to name him Batman but I refuse to yell for a dog named that.

He is 80 pounds and a year old. Not sure if he is done growing or not. I hope so! He thinks he is a lap dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hit the Quote Plus symbol ( "+ ) button appears in the lower right corner of the post, next to the Quote button. Hit the Quote Plus button on every post you want to quote, then hit the Post Reply button and all the posts you want to quote will appear in the box for you to reply to.
I knew I was doing it the hard way!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
ok. i'm staying on course. today was eggs, chicken, low fat cheese and a large soy protein shake. i know that soy protein is not all the list-but i am at goal and maintaining, it also makes me feel great (but that is just me, I know some have issues with soy and the thyroid). soy sometimes makes me feel a little bloaty, but it goes away rather quickly or by morning.

so many great posts here. everyone is so positive and doing the work required to reach the goal. that's what it's about. showing up and working the plan. and stillmans IS the very best plan I have ever found.

angelstill: wishing you lots of luck this month!

bratty: the heat is hard on me as well. i usually take a couple showers each day when the weather is too hot. keeps me from swelling up, water seems to be anti inflammatory for me. I have certain allergies and the heat can aggravate them.
Thank you Shreem ! Yes , I do the same I can shower during the hot days of gardening like 4 x a day !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
never look back.......and family and friends are more precious than anything else..........our time here is so short........

Agreed !!!! I am looking forward , I am going to reach my goal around the late fall sooner would be better ! and then I can add some before & after pics.... I need to build up some confidence ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 07-06-2012 at 08:59 AM..
Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

I am half way out of the woods .... Down 2 lbs of the 4 lbs gained .... It's Friday and I invited the girls over tonight for our usual wine & cheese get together's .... It is always fun and relaxing .... I will have sparkling water with lemon and will enjoy the wine & cheese vicariously .... Today is a light work day, but next week I am swamped .... Today I am going shopping for some wine and cheese that I am having none of I just have to keep my head focused on my goal and the skinny jeans that are waiting for me ! I have to take care of the gardening, and sweep the patio area and make sure there are plenty of candles to light for this evening .... Wish me luck I will need it I am an Italian with a weakness for both wine and cheese ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Yayyyyy !!!! all of you losers !!!! I am glad it is coming right off !!!!

Here is my meal plan 7/6/12

Breakfast: Egg white omelet , espresso

Lunch: Tuna low sodium more water ....

Dinner: Grilled Turkey Burgers (2) of course more water ....

All vitamins and supplements daily
Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

bratty, love cheese, too. I limit myself to (2) ounces each day of Jarlsberg Lite. It's a hard cheese, listed as zero carbs, but I count each ounce as 1. have that as a treat after i finish my swim in the morning and it's a good time to eat it, because i'm hungry and it satisfys me. the rest of the day is protein shakes, eggs, chicken, tuna (canned). I also like diet soda, so i drink that as well. seem to have to keep my eating very simple to maintain my losses. I do not mind, because I feel so good.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

yea! way to go angelstill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I am half way out of the woods .... Down 2 lbs of the 4 lbs gained .... It's Friday and I invited the girls over tonight for our usual wine & cheese get together's .... It is always fun and relaxing .... I will have sparkling water with lemon and will enjoy the wine & cheese vicariously .... Today is a light work day, but next week I am swamped .... Today I am going shopping for some wine and cheese that I am having none of I just have to keep my head focused on my goal and the skinny jeans that are waiting for me ! I have to take care of the gardening, and sweep the patio area and make sure there are plenty of candles to light for this evening .... Wish me luck I will need it I am an Italian with a weakness for both wine and cheese ....
Old 07-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
bratty, love cheese, too. I limit myself to (2) ounces each day of Jarlsberg Lite. It's a hard cheese, listed as zero carbs, but I count each ounce as 1. have that as a treat after i finish my swim in the morning and it's a good time to eat it, because i'm hungry and it satisfys me. the rest of the day is protein shakes, eggs, chicken, tuna (canned). I also like diet soda, so i drink that as well. seem to have to keep my eating very simple to maintain my losses. I do not mind, because I feel so good.
I like to eat cheddar cheddar and more cheddar.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
nothing beats that.........like GT sez, not even chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Mim, way to go..........you took a break and it will not faze you
Quote:

-Tanya
O Tanya you know you will blow those pounds off, you are a trooper!

Dad arrives tomorrow.............ugh, and it's sooooooooo hot, too hot to cook, what will I do for dinner????????

anyone caught the boat shoe fever 'sides me??????????
Old 07-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow.........good idea:

Be careful to do this in a safe manner if you try it, of course -- but I have successfully used my crock pot and bread machine outside during hot weather. This gives another alternative to grilling everything! If you have a safe outdoor area, like on an enclosed porch, deck, or in a garage, try moving some of your appliances out there during the hot weather!

Eat Well, Spend Less: Hot weather mealtime solutions | Tammy's Recipes
Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Serious Stall !

OMG! Hello My friends

I am crying for help.

I literally have NO idea what to do

For the last 8-9 days I have had NO scale movement, at all, whatsoever

I have been charting my foods in a journal, working out nearly every day.

I have removed everything that is not stillman approved from my diet
I feel like I look smaller, my inches are going down, but my scale won't budge.

This has never happened to me before, and I am totally at a loss

Does anyone have any tips or advice, or maybe an idea of what I may be doing wrong ?

-Tanya
Old 07-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG! Hello My friends

I am crying for help.

Does anyone have any tips or advice, or maybe an idea of what I may be doing wrong ?

-Tanya
You look to be really close to goal. If you haven't, measure inches and don't worry about the scale. If you think you are getting smaller, you more than likely are. You may be building some muscle while working out.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

I realized that I have never said what my real name was. It is Ashley, most people call me Ash. The nickname Brat was given to me when I was 2 and followed me into my adult life. Don't worry. I am only one to a select handful of people. Anyway, I figured after being on this board for as long as I have, I probably should give out the name.

Today... I lost another .4 I am coming up on the 2 week mark of being on plan and I am waiting for the stall that always comes with it.
Yesterday I had no cheese. I had a small really thin turkey burger with over easy egg on top for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My new favorite thing to eat. It tastes good and it is different.

It is suppose to be up to 110 today and tomorrow. I am so sick of this heat. Even with my air running the house stays around 90 degrees. If you live in this area, stay safe and cool!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ashley! Great name. My name is Annie, in case anyone was wondering. Shreem is fine, or Annie is good too. Congrats on the .4 loss. Do you always stall at 2 weeks? is that normal for Stillmans, or your experience.?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow.........good idea:
Be careful to do this in a safe manner if you try it, of course -- but I have successfully used my crock pot and bread machine outside during hot weather. This gives another alternative to grilling everything! If you have a safe outdoor area, like on an enclosed porch, deck, or in a garage, try moving some of your appliances out there during the hot weather!
Eat Well, Spend Less: Hot weather mealtime solutions | Tammy's Recipes
Thanks for the link the recipes look delicious. Might need some tweaking to LC but worth it. Oh and from your post earlier, yep love boat shoes. I want a preppy pair of navy blue and green ones.

Quote:
OMG! Hello My friends

I am crying for help.

-Tanya
Tanya I so wish I could help you. I seemed to have this problem with Atkins but haven't had it yet with Stillman's. I am sure that all the Still's veterans will give you some great advice. Keep measuring your inches and don't give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I realized that I have never said what my real name was. It is Ashley, most people call me Ash. The nickname Brat was given to me when I was 2 and followed me into my adult life. Don't worry. I am only one to a select handful of people. Anyway, I figured after being on this board for as long as I have, I probably should give out the name.

Today... I lost another .4 I am coming up on the 2 week mark of being on plan and I am waiting for the stall that always comes with it.
Yesterday I had no cheese. I had a small really thin turkey burger with over easy egg on top for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My new favorite thing to eat. It tastes good and it is different.

It is suppose to be up to 110 today and tomorrow. I am so sick of this heat. Even with my air running the house stays around 90 degrees. If you live in this area, stay safe and cool!
Congrats on the .4 loss Ash The egg n turkey burger sounds yummy Stay cool and hydrated in that 110 weather. Our air runs 24/7 here in Texas. We usually keep our shades and curtains drawn through the heat of the day and then open them in the evening just before sunset. It feels like we are vampires in the summer sometimes. But it keeps it cool in the house.

Well I got back to the weight I was before my carbalicious July 4th. So now on to some losing this week for real.
Hope you all enjoy your Saturday.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Ashley! Great name. My name is Annie, in case anyone was wondering. Shreem is fine, or Annie is good too. Congrats on the .4 loss. Do you always stall at 2 weeks? is that normal for Stillmans, or your experience.?
Hey Annie! Good question on the stall. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
For me, yes. I always stall at about 2 weeks. When it happened I would go off for a day. Eating whatever I want with in reason. For example I would eat pizza but only 1 piece or ice cream but not my old giant bowl, pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Then when I got back on plan I would usually have gained a couple pounds but it plus a couple more was gone in 2-3 days.

Now my plan is to have planned days off every two weeks. My days off will be one meal I want to eat and added fruit and veggies through out the day.

I know what I did in the past was excessive and it more often than not led to a month long binge. This last round with Stillmans has been much better for me. I have the mental strength to get back on the next day.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Morning all! I weighed in at 143.5 today (finally got back to my siggy after that awful 3 pound gain!) We leave for vacay on Monday so I'm strict Stilly's this weekend (boring) Oh yes it's party time at our house (not)

Quick question- has anyone tried water fasting or intermittent fasting or any kind of fasting for that matter?? I"m thinking of trying it this weekend to blast a few pounds before we leave. Any advice is appreciated. I tried on my bikini's this morning and even I have to admit they don't look half bad but if I could get to 140 or even 139 by monday I think they would look a whole lot better!
xoxo
Old 07-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #87
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! One of my unwanted pounds left. Now only 2.5 to lose to get back to my pre-conference weight! I am already feeling better - getting the non healthy out of my system feels good.

Tanya, I would continue to stay strict, do what you know works, go by size and not weight, and wait for your body to let go of the pounds. It probably remembers losing before and is reluctant to let go. But it will.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all! I weighed in at 143.5 today (finally got back to my siggy after that awful 3 pound gain!) We leave for vacay on Monday so I'm strict Stilly's this weekend (boring) Oh yes it's party time at our house (not)

Quick question- has anyone tried water fasting or intermittent fasting or any kind of fasting for that matter?? I"m thinking of trying it this weekend to blast a few pounds before we leave. Any advice is appreciated. I tried on my bikini's this morning and even I have to admit they don't look half bad but if I could get to 140 or even 139 by monday I think they would look a whole lot better!
xoxo
Yep I came across the Intermittent fasting thread a week or so ago and gave it a try. They all have a different method of doing it but each also had great advice. I found I can do 24 hours no problem but I'm not sure I have the willpower to go much longer. In between dinners (that was my 24 hour mark) I allotted myself coffee, crystal light, water, and one of the days I had a diet dr. pepper. It was hard the first time but I found the 2nd and 3rd times I did it, it was much easier. Good Luck and Congrats on the bikini.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

thanks, ash, for the excellent advise on the stalling. zulloc: i stalled that last three pounds on atkins, too. more like an insane up and down for 3 months and nothing worked. when i started stillmans, by the end of the first week i was down and i'm staying there, but i'm not adding carbs back in and i don't intend to. i feel fabulous. i have a friend that has stalled for a year on atkins and is now up a few pounds even. i tried to get her to try stillmans yesterday and see if that helps. i hope she does.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hii everyone! I have been lurking lately, just not posting. Congrats to everyone who's getting their 4th of July pounds off, and then some! You guys rock.

I haven't had a straight fish day in a while and the scale shows it. I've been bouncing all over 138 for the past 4 days. Yesterday was the boyfriend's birthday so we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I was good and had ONE rib (had to try it as an appetizer, melts right off the bone...so yummy!) and I ate half a grilled chicken salad (skipped the croutons, cheese and dressing on the side which I used very little of) anddd even had a tiny bite of his birthday icecream. I am down to 138 flat today, which is okay. Low carb tacos are on the menu tonight (shells made out of zucchini and cheese!) and he's dying for more homemade buffalo wings tomorrow (low carb, but high in fat) and I will do my best to eat those both in moderation so that come Monday, I'll have a fish day and hopefully be out of the 138 range by Tuesday. I have 2 more weeks to get under 135, which is completely doable... as long as I get more fish/Stillmans days in.
Closed Thread