Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Day 5 down and I feel fabulous!!!! I wish I started this at the beginning of the summer!!! Lol.....well I had to switch from chicken breast to beef hamburger patties. It was so delicious as plain as it was! Quick question do you guys work out and if so what do you do? Does working out contribute to the loss? Wishing everyone a great weekend!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #452
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
Day 5 down and I feel fabulous!!!! I wish I started this at the beginning of the summer!!! Lol.....well I had to switch from chicken breast to beef hamburger patties. It was so delicious as plain as it was! Quick question do you guys work out and if so what do you do? Does working out contribute to the loss? Wishing everyone a great weekend!!!
Congratulations! Yes, some of us work out and it does help with weight loss and body toning. Some of us don't work out and it seems that weight loss happens just as well!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #453
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! The scale had gone up another pound for a day or two but this morning is back to Tuesday's weigh in weight - which is still half a pound up. I hope that my body is getting ready to lose more weight now. I feel smaller and my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the gain is just the fear of famine factor. I'm anxious to hit the 30 pound lost and get into the next set of ten!
Old 07-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #454
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty - have a good trip! How long will your kids be with their grandparents? My kids always loved their time with my folk. They usually stayed 2 weeks in the summer.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Keep it up. You are doing great. I do not work out but I have health issues so I have held off until I get under 200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! The scale had gone up another pound for a day or two but this morning is back to Tuesday's weigh in weight - which is still half a pound up. I hope that my body is getting ready to lose more weight now. I feel smaller and my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the gain is just the fear of famine factor. I'm anxious to hit the 30 pound lost and get into the next set of ten!
ugh I hope you get a good whoosh soon. It is great that you can feel and see changes in your body tho. It seems you are in a good place mentally too.
Quote:
Bratty - have a good trip! How long will your kids be with their grandparents? My kids always loved their time with my folk. They usually stayed 2 weeks in the summer.
They will be there 2 weeks and then we are meeting up with them at a resort for a get together for another week. I love my kids but I love the break from them. We get to be husband and wife again. It is the only time we have to go out on dates etc.

Today should be fun. We only got a few hours of sleep and have to drive 8 hours. I will sleep for the ride (yay motion sickness meds) and hubby will drink a 5 hour energy thing.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #456
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Labhrain
Stats: 230/170/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: December 2010
Good morning. Today is day 3. I finished out day 2 fine. I ate 1137 kcals according to my tracker (very low for me!) And, the scale tells me I'm down another pound from yesterday, for a total of 2.2 lbs over the 2 days. So far, so good.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to join in on the thread now that I have almost 2 weeks of Stillmans behind me. I have been doing LC for a little over a year now, and lost 60 lbs. (went from 240 to 180). Once my weight reached 180, I hit my first real "stall". I figured I needed to start watching my overall calories, so I stumbled onto this area from the main lobby looking for solutions. I decided to give Stillmans a try.

To my surprise, I have lost 8 pounds in 12 days! Followed the plan strict except for 2 or 3 higher-fat days to fuel my workouts. I did have one bad cheat meal the first week when I ran into a small bag of chocolate covered almonds. My days have pretty much looked like this:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

D: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

This past week I added a post-workout meal two separate days consisting of:

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
2 tbls. peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder
2 packets of Stevia

This week I also replaced the chicken breast with 8 oz. of fish at dinner. This has really helped with variety, and I look foreward to dinner now instead of "oh great, another chicken breast." I also think the fish is helping me lose faster?? It was going to be my last week, but I'm so happy with the results, I'm going to go at it another week. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a believer now. This really works, but the cravings are definitely there since I cut the fats way down. Really helps to have support on these threads...it keeps me accountable I'm going to stay strict to plan all next week, so lets do this thing!!
awesome gladee888tor! Keep it up. It works so great it's almost scary. i'm at my goal weight and maintaining well now. strange thing is that recently i'm having to eat even more to maintain and not loose even more. that is pretty cool. i think with all the protein, and having good muscle tone, that my body is starting to work really well.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

i don't remember which date i hit my goal, but it was a couple months ago. the longer i maintain and keep eating this way-the better my body is looking and working. i am so happy, I feel like i have my old self back. tons of energy, very trim and eating a lot of food (protein, low fat)!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #459
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i don't remember which date i hit my goal, but it was a couple months ago. the longer i maintain and keep eating this way-the better my body is looking and working. i am so happy, I feel like i have my old self back. tons of energy, very trim and eating a lot of food (protein, low fat)!!!

How much did you lose? I think that the day I hit goal weight should be a national holiday! You have done and continue to do so well!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #460
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! My body finally let go of the extra weight. I'm back to where I was before the .5 pound gain and then the 1 pound gain on top of it! Hopefully this means that I have won and my body will start letting go of the pounds again. It is going to be a lovely day today. I'm going to the amusement park with the grandgirls and their mom and dad. I have my tuna and water and am looking forward to walking around, enjoying the sunshine and feeling great! One of my grandgirls gave me a compliment yesterday. We were snuggling on the couch and she asked me: "When is your belly coming out?" What? Well, she went on to explain that my belly used to be out (as in big like a woman carrying a baby elephant). She wanted to know when it would be big again!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LMAO MIM! out of the mouths of babes!

big welcome Glad and Lab!!!!!!!

sorry I'm awol but as you know Saturday is hunter gatherer day when I visit civilisation to collect food
Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Sunday morning! My body finally let go of the extra weight. I'm back to where I was before the .5 pound gain and then the 1 pound gain on top of it! Hopefully this means that I have won and my body will start letting go of the pounds again. It is going to be a lovely day today. I'm going to the amusement park with the grandgirls and their mom and dad. I have my tuna and water and am looking forward to walking around, enjoying the sunshine and feeling great! One of my grandgirls gave me a compliment yesterday. We were snuggling on the couch and she asked me: "When is your belly coming out?" What? Well, she went on to explain that my belly used to be out (as in big like a woman carrying a baby elephant). She wanted to know when it would be big again!
wow! tell her "never"!! Great job.

Mim, does canned tuna make you hungry? i can't eat canned tuna because i am always hungry and want another can when i finish. i also don't loose with it. i saw one other post from someone saying the same thing. weird. just wondering if anyone else has this reaction.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Hi, all...still slugging away with Stillman's (including the occasional restaurant meal: those are Atkins friendly instead of Stillman's...slows down the weight loss, but keeps me from going too crazy on boring Stillman's )

Packing, packing, packing still going strong. Room by room, getting it done with down-sizing, cleaning out clutter & closets...we move in 12 days, and that's keeping me very busy. My adult kids have scored some awesome furniture & furnishings...we're going from 2200 sq. ft down to 1300 sq ft (house to condo) so it's been interesting deciding what to keep & what goes. Lots of donations to Goodwill, too...including cleaning out me & hubbies closets & dresser. Got rid of all my fat-lady winter clothes & coats. All of those were WAY too huge, as hubby said "our clown clothes" which is what they look like now...I foresee shopping opportunities long about October or November

Down a couple more lbs., so now at -45 lbs. since 3/6/2012. The next couple of weeks should be good for losing since we have no weddings/dinners with friends etc scheduled so we can hit Stillman's hard. And we'll be very busy getting everything done for the move.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow Cat yay on the clown clothes going away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got anything to sell?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #465
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
wow! tell her "never"!! Great job.

Mim, does canned tuna make you hungry? i can't eat canned tuna because i am always hungry and want another can when i finish. i also don't loose with it. i saw one other post from someone saying the same thing. weird. just wondering if anyone else has this reaction.
I typically eat tuna from packets - they have spices and they fill me up. One day last week I couldn't even finish the packet! I had it for lunch and ended up throwing a good portion away because I was full and I wasn't going to be near a fridge for hours!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #466
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hi, all...still slugging away with Stillman's (including the occasional restaurant meal: those are Atkins friendly instead of Stillman's...slows down the weight loss, but keeps me from going too crazy on boring Stillman's )

Packing, packing, packing still going strong. Room by room, getting it done with down-sizing, cleaning out clutter & closets...we move in 12 days, and that's keeping me very busy. My adult kids have scored some awesome furniture & furnishings...we're going from 2200 sq. ft down to 1300 sq ft (house to condo) so it's been interesting deciding what to keep & what goes. Lots of donations to Goodwill, too...including cleaning out me & hubbies closets & dresser. Got rid of all my fat-lady winter clothes & coats. All of those were WAY too huge, as hubby said "our clown clothes" which is what they look like now...I foresee shopping opportunities long about October or November

Down a couple more lbs., so now at -45 lbs. since 3/6/2012. The next couple of weeks should be good for losing since we have no weddings/dinners with friends etc scheduled so we can hit Stillman's hard. And we'll be very busy getting everything done for the move.
Congratulations on downsizing your "stuff" and yourself! I moved last June from a huge victorian to a townhouse. I love the free feeling of not having so much stuff. I hope with my next move to purchase a small house - two bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen is plenty of space for me!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #467
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Labhrain
Stats: 230/170/140
Start Date: December 2010
Quote:
i can't eat canned tuna because i am always hungry and want another can when i finish. i also don't loose with it. i saw one other post from someone saying the same thing. weird. just wondering if anyone else has this reaction.
Interesting. I ate canned tuna the other day. I ate a lot, though (2 cans plus an egg for breakfast.) I didn't need to eat again for a long time, which was, in part, the goal, and finished the day out fine after dinner. Next day, I was down a pound, and the day after that, down another 8/10 of a pound. So, I guess, like so many things, canned tuna is individual.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Went to Disneyland for two days and ate pretty well. I had a couple bites of sweets here and there but nothing to myself. We brought a lot of our own food so that we wouldn't have to pay for the park food. I'm back up to 132 today. We did a ton of walking so I'm hoping it's just water weight that will come off soon. I'm going out to eat for two meals today but one is to a fish restaurant so hopefully the fish will work it's magic for the scale tomorrow! I'm feeling better about how I look, though, even with the gain on the scale. We took lots of pictures and I can't stop looking at the skinnier me!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #469
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all! Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday. It is day 6 for me and I can't complain. I weighed myself this morning and was 197....yesterday I was 195.5....so who knows what went wrong there?? I had lean beef patties 2x yesterday....so that might be the culprit...who knows...I'm just happy to have lost these past days!!! Tomorrow I'm gonna have a cheat meal...they are having 1/2 off cheesecake at the cheesecake factory..so I will go in for a piece...I deserve it and hope it doesn't stall me too bad. Otherwise...hope all is well with everyone and keep the weight loss going!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #470
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Went to Disneyland for two days and ate pretty well. I had a couple bites of sweets here and there but nothing to myself. We brought a lot of our own food so that we wouldn't have to pay for the park food. I'm back up to 132 today. We did a ton of walking so I'm hoping it's just water weight that will come off soon. I'm going out to eat for two meals today but one is to a fish restaurant so hopefully the fish will work it's magic for the scale tomorrow! I'm feeling better about how I look, though, even with the gain on the scale. We took lots of pictures and I can't stop looking at the skinnier me!
Good for you!!! You had a few bites of sweets to satisfy your tastebuds instead of devouring it all by yourself!!!! I'm sure the pictures are another motivation for you to keep going!!! Can't wait to get to that point myself!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #471
Junior LCF Member

Do you guys ever give yourself one cheat meal or item....I have a major sweet tooth and have cut all sweets. Even though I'm doing good....I feel like I just want one cheat desert...is this horrible? I don't know how it will effect the diet but I definitely will be mad at myself for eating something and it resulting in weight gain....HELP!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

i've been maintaining with stillmans (pretty strict). today i ate too much greek yogurt-but still felt fine. then i had almond butter this afternoon (4 Tablespoons) and I felt rotten after that. on atkins-that was a treat, but i never tasted how sweet it was before until today. so bizarre. i went for a long one hour walk with my dog, came home and had some egg white. will feel better in the morning. tomorrow will be chicken, low fat cheese and egg day. my favorite and i just feel so much better eating stright low fat protein like that. and............thank goodness for everyone here that has similar experiences to me-of not losing on a high fat, lots of veggie diet. protein protein protein for me. lovin it!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
wow Cat yay on the clown clothes going away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got anything to sell?
No, nothing to sell...kids took all the good stuff, and the rest is either junk, or the buyers are taking it. But so glad to get ridof everything so easily

Quote:
Congratulations on downsizing your "stuff" and yourself! I moved last June from a huge victorian to a townhouse. I love the free feeling of not having so much stuff. I hope with my next move to purchase a small house - two bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen is plenty of space for me!
We have a 2 bedroom condo in Florida...and love, love, love the smaller space & lack of outside maintenance. After raising 4 kids--and needing the big house/yard for that--we are so ready for the easy lifestyle! Saturday arrives and it's time for fun instead of yardwork/window washing/painting, etc. We're renting in Nebraska for now...too fast on the closing of this house for us to find what we wanted & get closed on another purchase. So it's a condo/villa-style apartment with garage. Close enough for what we want now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Just a heads-up on Disney food...we go to Disney World often (spend 1/2 the year in Florida) and even in May when we stayed 100% Atkins--steaks & salads, no desserts at all...we still gained about a lb. a day there. I'm sure it's "hidden carbs" and lots of salt/water weight, but it took about a week to lose it. Could be that's what you're seeing.

Quote:
Do you guys ever give yourself one cheat meal or item....I have a major sweet tooth and have cut all sweets. Even though I'm doing good....I feel like I just want one cheat desert...is this horrible? I don't know how it will effect the diet but I definitely will be mad at myself for eating something and it resulting in weight gain....HELP!!!
My first suggestion is don't cheat at all for 10-14 days. REALLY get well into the weight loss routine/rewards on the scale before you even think about it. My 2nd suggestion is don't go to far off plan. We have a non-Stillman's meal about once a week. But it is always low-carb...usually a "legal" Atkins meal like steak & salad, with an Atkins dessert...like blueberries & whipped cream, or baggie-ice cream (made with heavy whipping cream flavored with Torani Vanilla sugar-free syrup) And then we go right back on Stillmans. Usually don't gain any from that meal, or maybe .5 lbs that goes away a day later.

Some people are able to have complete cheats...eating regular carby foods...we can't do it without gaining a lot of weight somehow. But you will have to experiment to see what you can do.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

cathy, you gave excellent advise on the cheating. thanks!!! even though i'm maintaining, i can not stray very far at all from the original stillmans. its just the way my own body works. i'd rather be strict in eating and have a body that is thin and ready to roll at all times. the minute i stick fats back in there or add a atkins item-up goes the scale, my stomach looses a bit of flatness. for me (and its just me, because a lot of friends are doing fantastic with their atkins plans) atkins turned into a weight loss roller coaster.

with stillmans, i have my sanity and my thin body. Yea!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I agree with Shreem, Cathy, that is great advice!

I seem to have hit the typical lull after being strict for 3 weeks...but I'll ride it out. I'm a firm believer in the power of hormones and when they are moving around, the weight just doesn't come off as easily...

I am very glad to be back in control...no weekend cheats for 3 weeks is a huge victory for me. No snacking either...trying to let my appetite know who's boss! ha

Everyone have a great Monday! It's hot, hot, hot here...
Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

awesome, Becky! i'm doing a clean stillman day today, too. Eggs, Chicken and Cheese so far. You do feel totally different emotional and intellectually when eating no carbs. Lovely way of existing.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #477
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm enjoying a very slow morning and I'm enjoying it! We had a lovely time at the amusement park yesterday. The weather has been so horrible that we all were going stir crazy - but yesterday the weather was perfect! And I lost half a pound! And I agree with the cheat meal - Don't do it!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

way to go, mim! .5 pound weight loss. super job.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
Start Date: June 11 2012
weighed in at 190.6 today...lost just 1.4 pounds last week...I blame evil diet cokes and protein milk shakes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #480
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
weighed in at 190.6 today...lost just 1.4 pounds last week...I blame evil diet cokes and protein milk shakes
I buy protein shakes from Trader Joes that are called Pure Protein. They have 35 grams of protein and 4 grams of carbs. I find it filling as an afternoon snack....I've taken it from the beginning of my diet so not sure if I would lose more not having one....they also sell them on Amazon. Maybe you could look into it and see if that work better for you!! Keep up the great work!
Closed Thread