Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Just a quicky. I am really tired today for some reason. My brain doesn't want to work.
The scale was down another pound. 2 more to go. Now I am going to go take a nap.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
.......and not only am I in control of my surroundings (or at least gaining some control) I walked to the office this morning! It is only 7/10 of a mile, but it is up a very steep hill. I've been wanting to start walking to the office for awhile but first it was too hot and then we have had daily storms. Today I won't be walking home because my dd is picking me up so I can go with her as she runs an errand that she doesn't need to take three kids out of the van for. And tomorrow I need to leave from the office to do a visitation. But I will continue, when able, to walk to work!
That is great Mim! I believe walking is the most safe all around beneficial exercise we can do.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Just a quicky. I am really tired today for some reason. My brain doesn't want to work.
The scale was down another pound. 2 more to go. Now I am going to go take a nap.
Congrats! It's so rewarding to see the numbers go down! (Although there are many other LC rewards!)
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #424
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
I have started taking protein milk shake the past two days...and the results havent been good. I have gained 1.4 pounds. I think it might be the muscle gain...as I am also exercising.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I know exactly how you feel littlelavender...first time I didn't have my scale I kept imagining places I could find one and going to the gym just so I could use it. It really keeps me on track.

I have been so good lately and got down to 134.5, but then yesterday I shot up a pound without any rhyme or reason. I really wanted to get down to 130 by August 1, which gives me a week if I can get the Stilly 5. I am hoping my body is just prepping for the next big drop.... if not, I will start my August off super sad.

Is anyone else hoping to do 10 in August? I am so close and you guys are extraordinary motivators. Also, random question, could eggs be hindering me? I have been eating a ton lately, but mostly just mixing in 1 regular egg into egg white omelets. How many eggs can I eat a day and still lose?
Haha that's exactly what I was thinking, that I may try to find a scale at the gym to weigh myself or something. I'm scared now though because I've been eating pretty healthy but still a lot more liberally than I would at home. Although I did plan to gain some water weight over the next few weeks so worse case when I get "home" (Maryland in a few weeks, where my dad and sister just moved to), I will go back to either Stillmans or do a cleanse to get the water weight off and hopefully lose a few more lbs. I hope you get down to 130 by the end of the month! I'm sure it's just water weight that will go away soon. Eggs should be fine... I ate 1-2 eggs almost everyday, but maybe try eating less of them to see if it could be an issue for you? Sometimes you just have to play around with that stuff.

Quote:
If the scale is important to you, (it is to me!) grab a travel scale. Or buy a tape measure and use that while you are away. And have fun! Enjoy living in your new body!
A travel scale, that's brilliant! I may have to look around for one of those. I did bring a tape measure with me though so that's actually a good idea also, I didn't think of using that. I suppose it's more accurate anyway, I should be paying more attention to inches than weight at this point. But thank you for the advice and the good wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Congrats Mim!! You've got some great momentum built up! I love that feeling!

Littlelav, I'm with you about the scale...it keeps me in line too. Except for when I feel like I'm eating right and it just won't go down at all...that has been known to make me just go eat whatever....but that was the Old ME...not the New ME! Now I know to just keep doing the right thing and wait it out.

Bratty, you are doing so great too! I hope you see that loss on the scale today!

I didn't see a loss today, but I did see one yesterday...and no gain today. I feel that anytime there is not a gain, we should celebrate that as a victory!

I am eating so basic & boring right now...but I had forgotten how boring eating conquers cravings for me...when I eat mainly meat...(no cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc) it really helps me not want to snack.

Of course this great feeling is probably a lot due to the fact that I just finished TOM and my hormones aren't raging! I love the week or two after TOM.

I hope everyone is having a victorious week!
The scale can be stubborn sometimes! But of course, no loss is always better than a gain. And like you said, even a gain isn't a reason to go on a binge, if anything it's more reason to try to stick with it! Sounds like you're doing a great job with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello All

I have proof that sticking with Stillmans, though it may be tough, eventually pays off.

Tomorrow is my 1 month date of being on Stillmans.

I started getting too mentally insane from daily weigh ins, so I do every other day or every 3 days just to keep myself from being out of control or sad!

I was 149.4 LBS on Monday, so tomorrow is my next weight day and also is Day 30 of strict stillman without any liquor or a single cheat item. So that will be the true proof. I also have cut back my workouts and oddly enough that has been helping a lot. I added in some Salad ( no toppings) and I notice that it has not stalled me, but it helps me when I am at a restaurant and have no where else to turn! LOL. House salad and Add grilled chicken, no extras, no dressings !

My results are currently as follows

June 25 2012
Weight : 164.2
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 42 inches
Thigh: 25 inches

Current Progress as of this Monday
July 23 2012
Weight:149.2
Waist: 28.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches
Thigh: 23.2 inches.

My big 30th birthday bash is on August 11 and I have a special white bikini with my name on it, as long as I reach goal. I feel that I can defiintely meet this if I just stay focused and don't get too depressed if the scale doesnt move every single day.

I have been inspired by everyone here. Thank you all for your suggestions, kindness and all the posts and stories!!

-Tanya
Congrats, that's some awesome progress! Your current measurements are about the same as mine and you're a few inches taller than me. Kinda interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remykins View Post
If it is dry and bland, you are overcooking it. Take it from a chef.

The last portion of cooking of a turkey burger (breast meat I am assuming) should be finished off the heat.

As far as bland, you can add anything to the meat itself, rather than placing it on top. Chop fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), garlic, onion and add a squirt of low carb ketchup, mix and then form into your patty, let sit a few hours or overnight to let flavors penetrate. Make sure to add sea salt and black pepper to the outside for better control.

In many cases, adding garlic, onion, thyme, paprika, cayenne, chili powder etc will make it taste more 'meaty'. If you are looking for a 'fluffier' texture, you can always mix a raw egg into the mix before cooking.
This is awesome advice, thanks! I always tend to overcook my turkey burgers. Although I buy the premade ones, but I think next time I eat them I'll make them myself. This sounds much tastier!

Quote:
Congrats, that's great!! I'll bet you'll be in Onederland by next week.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
I have started taking protein milk shake the past two days...and the results havent been good. I have gained 1.4 pounds. I think it might be the muscle gain...as I am also exercising.
Exercising can definitely cause a little increase on the scale due to muscles holding on to water...but that should not last long.

A lot of people say the shakes can stall...I guess it's one of those things you'll have to see how it works on your body. Let us know!

I imagine even though the scales don't reflect a loss...your measurements will.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:

yea!!! you are so close. i always get really tired just before losing a pound or a couple. maybe your body will be lighter again tomorrow!! i bet that might be it.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #428
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I have a full day, but funny how being on plan makes busy days easier! I just love how I feel. I'm actually wishing there were more hours in the day because there is so much I want to do, and I have the energy to do it! We had house shaking thunderstorms last night and more on the way, so no walking to the office for me. Happy Thursday!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning! I have a full day, but funny how being on plan makes busy days easier! I just love how I feel. I'm actually wishing there were more hours in the day because there is so much I want to do, and I have the energy to do it! We had house shaking thunderstorms last night and more on the way, so no walking to the office for me. Happy Thursday!
Have a great Day, Mim!

I dropped .6 today. I guess it is official. I gained 2 pounds of fat on vacation. lol I am hoping to get rid of it by the end of the weekend or sooner.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Wow so I found where my friend's scale was hiding and it turns out that I have lost 2 lbs in the past couple days! I almost want to say that her scale may be off or something. I can hardly believe it! I guess it's probably because we've been really active everyday, whereas I was a lot more sedentary at home.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yay Mim!! You are in the zone!
Quote:
Have a great Day, Mim!

I dropped .6 today. I guess it is official. I gained 2 pounds of fat on vacation. lol I am hoping to get rid of it by the end of the weekend or sooner.
You can do it Bratty!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Hey there.
I had to cut my protein shake all together. I drank 1 per day for a week and noticed it was affecting my loss. I had to completely get rid of it.

I can have the shake during maintenance phase but not during serious active stillmans. You may have to think about the shake

-Tanya
Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Congrats, that's some awesome progress! Your current measurements are about the same as mine and you're a few inches taller than me. Kinda interesting.

Hey Little Lavender

You do weight quite a bit less than me, so since I am taller, our body types are probably similar except I most likely have a longer torso or longer legs.
Also I have pretty muscular legs and arms so that accounts for some of my weight. While our main measurements do match, I am sure there are other areas where we differ that may explain that.

-Tanya
Old 07-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Wow so I found where my friend's scale was hiding and it turns out that I have lost 2 lbs in the past couple days! I almost want to say that her scale may be off or something. I can hardly believe it! I guess it's probably because we've been really active everyday, whereas I was a lot more sedentary at home.
way to go littlelav!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #435
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
Start Date: June 11 2012
Quote:
Hey there.
I had to cut my protein shake all together. I drank 1 per day for a week and noticed it was affecting my loss. I had to completely get rid of it.

I can have the shake during maintenance phase but not during serious active stillmans. You may have to think about the shake

-Tanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Exercising can definitely cause a little increase on the scale due to muscles holding on to water...but that should not last long.

A lot of people say the shakes can stall...I guess it's one of those things you'll have to see how it works on your body. Let us know!

I imagine even though the scales don't reflect a loss...your measurements will.
Thats what I realized. Since I have been drinking protein milk shake and excersing..I have been gaining muscle and storing water weight through it. There is no way I would have gained 1.4 pounds of fat in 2 days. Its very likely thats its water weight.

I have stopped drinking those...hopefully, I will start seeing the results.

Good luck to all of you.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hey Little Lavender

You do weight quite a bit less than me, so since I am taller, our body types are probably similar except I most likely have a longer torso or longer legs.
Also I have pretty muscular legs and arms so that accounts for some of my weight. While our main measurements do match, I am sure there are other areas where we differ that may explain that.

-Tanya
Yeah actually your before measurements were also very similar to mine as well so we must just have similar body types. I'm pear shaped and carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs but my upper body is smaller.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remykins View Post
If it is dry and bland, you are overcooking it. Take it from a chef.

The last portion of cooking of a turkey burger (breast meat I am assuming) should be finished off the heat.
Chef? Chef? OMG, I am a wannabe.......and, dummy me, I have all those herbs outside wondering what to do with them ........duh!
Chef, what's your discipline? School? Favorite chef? Bobby Flay is an @$$, I met him at Newark airport
Quote:
.......and not only am I in control of my surroundings (or at least gaining some control) I walked to the office this morning! It is only 7/10 of a mile, but it is up a very steep hill. I've been wanting to start walking to the office for awhile but first it was too hot and then we have had daily storms. Today I won't be walking home because my dd is picking me up so I can go with her as she runs an errand that she doesn't need to take three kids out of the van for. And tomorrow I need to leave from the office to do a visitation. But I will continue, when able, to walk to work!
wow go girl!
Quote:
mmmmmmmmm a nap......but then I won't sleep at night.
Quote:
Have a great Day, Mim!

hell, round up to a pound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
niiiiiiiiice!

waiting for high winds and rain.......another wilderness advebture
Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BleuSparkl81
Stats: 210/193/150 5'8
WOE: Trying Stillmans
Start Date: July 23, 2012
Newbie :)

Hey all, I've read through your posts and it feels so good knowing there are others out there doing what your doing and accomplishing their weight loss goals. I have been trying to lose post pregnancy weight for 5 years now and I'm at the point where I weigh more now than I was at 9 months! I realized I have to take control and buckle down and just do it! This my is 4th day on QWL Stillmans and I started off at 206 on Monday and today I was at 199.
This diet has really put me to the test and I have come to realize it is all mind over matter! Sorry for the long rant....happy to be here! Cheers to losing weight!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
welcome Bleu!

to wrap your head around true Paleo and low carb, try this............

The Naive Vegetarian
Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuSparkl81 View Post
Hey all, I've read through your posts and it feels so good knowing there are others out there doing what your doing and accomplishing their weight loss goals. I have been trying to lose post pregnancy weight for 5 years now and I'm at the point where I weigh more now than I was at 9 months! I realized I have to take control and buckle down and just do it! This my is 4th day on QWL Stillmans and I started off at 206 on Monday and today I was at 199.
This diet has really put me to the test and I have come to realize it is all mind over matter! Sorry for the long rant....happy to be here! Cheers to losing weight!
Fabulous Bleu!!! You are in Onderland! It's all downhill from here! Congrats!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
mmmmmmmmm a nap......but then I won't sleep at night.

hell, round up to a pound!
That is exactly what happened. I took a nap then couldn't sleep at night.
Quote:
Hi Bleu. Welcome! Congrats for getting four days down. You are over the hard part. Keep it up!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #442
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Welcome! You are going to love it here! And congratulations on your loss so far. You can look forward to many more pounds gone.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #443
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! My day off! Yeah! This morning I'm going to do some more re-organizing of stuff and in some cases organizing some stuff! Since I'm in a temporary position, I have used my spare bedroom as a hold all things room. I've been going through things and packing and sorting with the goal of maintaining a comfortable living space and preparing for a move that may happen in September or October. At least I hope it will happen! Anyway, that is my morning, my afternoon is for playing. My scale and I are not talking to each other right now. But that's ok - I still feel great and I know that I will zoo be seeing losses again. In the meantime, I will just keep on keeping on! Happy Friday everyone!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Down .4 today. I think I deserve better numbers than that since I am only eating a pound of turkey breast a day. BUT I will take it. I know some people work much harder with much slower results. I am just spoiled.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning! My day off! Yeah! This morning I'm going to do some more re-organizing of stuff and in some cases organizing some stuff! Since I'm in a temporary position, I have used my spare bedroom as a hold all things room. I've been going through things and packing and sorting with the goal of maintaining a comfortable living space and preparing for a move that may happen in September or October. At least I hope it will happen! Anyway, that is my morning, my afternoon is for playing. My scale and I are not talking to each other right now. But that's ok - I still feel great and I know that I will zoo be seeing losses again. In the meantime, I will just keep on keeping on! Happy Friday everyone!
Enjoy your day off! It is awesome you can just stop talking to your scale. I have a meltdown when my scale and I aren't speaking.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #446
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Labhrain
Stats: 230/170/140
Start Date: December 2010
Hi Everyone, I'm just finishing up day two of QWL. I've been low carbing since December 2010, and have lost 60 pounds. But, for the last 10 months, I am stalled. The only thing that works is to lower kcals, but my hunger is too high withot enough protein. But, if I eat protein to satiety in a higher fat context, the kcals are too high. So, I've turned to Stillman to lose the rest of my weight. I want to lose about 30 more pounds. I already lost 1 pound between yesterday and today, so off to a good start. (Sure, it could just be a fluctuation, but I choose to see it otherwise right now.) I am keeping the fat low, the carbs to none (except what's in eggs) and I eat about 170 grams protein daily. I do have a big appetite. But, the low fat/carbs means my kcals are still low enough to lose, even with the high protein.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #447
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhrain View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm just finishing up day two of QWL. I've been low carbing since December 2010, and have lost 60 pounds. But, for the last 10 months, I am stalled. The only thing that works is to lower kcals, but my hunger is too high withot enough protein. But, if I eat protein to satiety in a higher fat context, the kcals are too high. So, I've turned to Stillman to lose the rest of my weight. I want to lose about 30 more pounds. I already lost 1 pound between yesterday and today, so off to a good start. (Sure, it could just be a fluctuation, but I choose to see it otherwise right now.) I am keeping the fat low, the carbs to none (except what's in eggs) and I eat about 170 grams protein daily. I do have a big appetite. But, the low fat/carbs means my kcals are still low enough to lose, even with the high protein.
Hi and welcome! You have come to the right place! Congratulations on your weight loss so far. With Stillman's you will lose the rest.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #448
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening! We sure are a quiet bunch today!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gladee88er
Stats: 240 / 173.1 / 165
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
Hello everyone. I wanted to join in on the thread now that I have almost 2 weeks of Stillmans behind me. I have been doing LC for a little over a year now, and lost 60 lbs. (went from 240 to 180). Once my weight reached 180, I hit my first real "stall". I figured I needed to start watching my overall calories, so I stumbled onto this area from the main lobby looking for solutions. I decided to give Stillmans a try.

To my surprise, I have lost 8 pounds in 12 days! Followed the plan strict except for 2 or 3 higher-fat days to fuel my workouts. I did have one bad cheat meal the first week when I ran into a small bag of chocolate covered almonds. My days have pretty much looked like this:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

D: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

This past week I added a post-workout meal two separate days consisting of:

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
2 tbls. peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder
2 packets of Stevia

This week I also replaced the chicken breast with 8 oz. of fish at dinner. This has really helped with variety, and I look foreward to dinner now instead of "oh great, another chicken breast." I also think the fish is helping me lose faster?? It was going to be my last week, but I'm so happy with the results, I'm going to go at it another week. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a believer now. This really works, but the cravings are definitely there since I cut the fats way down. Really helps to have support on these threads...it keeps me accountable I'm going to stay strict to plan all next week, so lets do this thing!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhrain View Post
Welcome! Congrats on the 60 you have lost. That is amazing. Good to see that Stillmans has broke your 10 month stall. I think you will do great with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladee88er View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to join in on the thread now that I have almost 2 weeks of Stillmans behind me. I have been doing LC for a little over a year now, and lost 60 lbs. (went from 240 to 180). Once my weight reached 180, I hit my first real "stall". I figured I needed to start watching my overall calories, so I stumbled onto this area from the main lobby looking for solutions. I decided to give Stillmans a try.

To my surprise, I have lost 8 pounds in 12 days! Followed the plan strict except for 2 or 3 higher-fat days to fuel my workouts. I did have one bad cheat meal the first week when I ran into a small bag of chocolate covered almonds. My days have pretty much looked like this:

B: 3 hard-boiled eggs

L: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

D: 6-8 oz. chicken breast

This past week I added a post-workout meal two separate days consisting of:

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
2 tbls. peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder
2 packets of Stevia

This week I also replaced the chicken breast with 8 oz. of fish at dinner. This has really helped with variety, and I look foreward to dinner now instead of "oh great, another chicken breast." I also think the fish is helping me lose faster?? It was going to be my last week, but I'm so happy with the results, I'm going to go at it another week. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a believer now. This really works, but the cravings are definitely there since I cut the fats way down. Really helps to have support on these threads...it keeps me accountable I'm going to stay strict to plan all next week, so lets do this thing!!
Welcome to you too. Also congrats on your 60 pounds. 68 now? I am jealous.
Your diet looks awesome. That is exactly what I ate every day. Then I hit the chicken wall. I just could not eat another bite. I have been living on ground turkey since then.

How is the post work out meal working for you? My husband is doing Stillmans also and wants to start lifting weights. I told him he may have to look into eating something after he works out. I don't think Stillmans is going to support it.

I hope the rest of you are doing OK. You all have been quiet!
We are leaving town for the weekend. Taking the kids to their grandparents. It will be hard to impossible to stay on plan there. Hopefully it isn't too bad.
Have a great weekend!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Closed Thread