Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #391
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
My shopping trip was a success! I bought a pair of jeans and some tops. I also got two dresses that will see me thru the interview process I'll be doing in late August, early September. The dresses will last till Thanksgiving, I think, but the jeans will probably be too big in a month to six weeks. At least I hope so!
Mim is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!
 
Remykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,181
Gallery: Remykins
Stats: 139/132/128
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 6th 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
My shopping trip was a success! I bought a pair of jeans and some tops. I also got two dresses that will see me thru the interview process I'll be doing in late August, early September. The dresses will last till Thanksgiving, I think, but the jeans will probably be too big in a month to six weeks. At least I hope so!
Here is wishing! you can do it!
Remykins is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
bratty, that is funny. my mom is like you. my dad always says that she throws out tomorrow's paper yesterday. i'm organized and good, but my dh is not and that has been a reall challenge for me. i'm hopeful--but really need outside help to keep up with him when i work.
I like your mom! My dh and kids are pack rats and it drives me insane. My husband has notebooks that he doodled in from HIGH SCHOOL! It kills me that he won't get rid of all his crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O good news I switched DH from Hot Fries (carby) to pork rinds!
Mmmm pork rinds. I may have to get me some as a treat some day. Enjoy your movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
My shopping trip was a success! I bought a pair of jeans and some tops. I also got two dresses that will see me thru the interview process I'll be doing in late August, early September. The dresses will last till Thanksgiving, I think, but the jeans will probably be too big in a month to six weeks. At least I hope so!
I am looking forward to this winter and buying some new pants and maybe some boots. You must feel so good after going shopping.


I am off to bed. I am looking forward to the scale tomorrow. I was super good and clean today so I should see a good chunk of my gain gone.
__________________
~Ashley

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Thank you lovely ladies for the encouragement! I arrived in LA safely but I noticed my friend doesn't have a scale... and then realized I'm probably not going to be able to keep track of my weight for the next couple weeks, since it's probably going to be like that a lot. :3 I'm kind of afraid because even though some people don't believe in using the scale, it keeps me on track so I know where I'm at with my progress. I'm a little scale obsessed. Soo this may be an interesting couple weeks. I'm gonna eat as good as possible and we are waking up early for her boot camp tomorrow! Hopefully lots of exercise will help, considering I've been pretty sedentary all summer aside from going to the gym a couple times a week. Or I'm hoping they'll have a scale at the gym! Man, I feel like such a freak for being so concerned about this. haha
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
My shopping trip was a success! I bought a pair of jeans and some tops. I also got two dresses that will see me thru the interview process I'll be doing in late August, early September. The dresses will last till Thanksgiving, I think, but the jeans will probably be too big in a month to six weeks. At least I hope so!
wow, mim! success!!!
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #396
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Thank you lovely ladies for the encouragement! I arrived in LA safely but I noticed my friend doesn't have a scale... and then realized I'm probably not going to be able to keep track of my weight for the next couple weeks, since it's probably going to be like that a lot. :3 I'm kind of afraid because even though some people don't believe in using the scale, it keeps me on track so I know where I'm at with my progress. I'm a little scale obsessed. Soo this may be an interesting couple weeks. I'm gonna eat as good as possible and we are waking up early for her boot camp tomorrow! Hopefully lots of exercise will help, considering I've been pretty sedentary all summer aside from going to the gym a couple times a week. Or I'm hoping they'll have a scale at the gym! Man, I feel like such a freak for being so concerned about this. haha
If the scale is important to you, (it is to me!) grab a travel scale. Or buy a tape measure and use that while you are away. And have fun! Enjoy living in your new body!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #397
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
TaaaaaaDaaaaaaa! I lost two pounds this week. And to be honest, I'm disappointed. That half pound that jumped on me hasn't left. But this I know: My weight will start dropping again. I feel great. My body is getting smaller. So, this week I expect to lose the Stilly 5!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
yay on the shopping Mim! Here's hopes you will have to do it again in a month!

good luck lilav!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Congrats Mim!! You've got some great momentum built up! I love that feeling!

Littlelav, I'm with you about the scale...it keeps me in line too. Except for when I feel like I'm eating right and it just won't go down at all...that has been known to make me just go eat whatever....but that was the Old ME...not the New ME! Now I know to just keep doing the right thing and wait it out.

Bratty, you are doing so great too! I hope you see that loss on the scale today!

I didn't see a loss today, but I did see one yesterday...and no gain today. I feel that anytime there is not a gain, we should celebrate that as a victory!


I am eating so basic & boring right now...but I had forgotten how boring eating conquers cravings for me...when I eat mainly meat...(no cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc) it really helps me not want to snack.

Of course this great feeling is probably a lot due to the fact that I just finished TOM and my hormones aren't raging! I love the week or two after TOM.

I hope everyone is having a victorious week!
becky123abc is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
I lost 3 of the 6 I gained. I am hoping to be back at 204 in the next couple of days.
We go on a day long road trip on Saturday to bring my fun size people to the grandparents. I was dreading it at first but then I just decided to make a tuna salad and throw it in the cooler. No problem... It will be a bit higher in calories but I can live with that. It will have no carbs. I have developed motion sickness over the last few months so i doubt I will want to eat anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Bratty, you are doing so great too! I hope you see that loss on the scale today!

I didn't see a loss today, but I did see one yesterday...and no gain today. I feel that anytime there is not a gain, we should celebrate that as a victory!


I am eating so basic & boring right now...but I had forgotten how boring eating conquers cravings for me...when I eat mainly meat...(no cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc) it really helps me not want to snack.

Of course this great feeling is probably a lot due to the fact that I just finished TOM and my hormones aren't raging! I love the week or two after TOM.

I hope everyone is having a victorious week!
Thank you I hope you see a loss tomorrow. You are right with the boring eating. It kills my cravings to. As soon as I start eating things like cheese, my resolve starts to get weaker. I want to snack on more stuff.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
TaaaaaaDaaaaaaa! I lost two pounds this week. And to be honest, I'm disappointed. That half pound that jumped on me hasn't left. But this I know: My weight will start dropping again. I feel great. My body is getting smaller. So, this week I expect to lose the Stilly 5!
You are in such a great place right now. I hope you get your stilly 5, you deserve it!
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Hello All

I have proof that sticking with Stillmans, though it may be tough, eventually pays off.

Tomorrow is my 1 month date of being on Stillmans.

I started getting too mentally insane from daily weigh ins, so I do every other day or every 3 days just to keep myself from being out of control or sad!

I was 149.4 LBS on Monday, so tomorrow is my next weight day and also is Day 30 of strict stillman without any liquor or a single cheat item. So that will be the true proof. I also have cut back my workouts and oddly enough that has been helping a lot. I added in some Salad ( no toppings) and I notice that it has not stalled me, but it helps me when I am at a restaurant and have no where else to turn! LOL. House salad and Add grilled chicken, no extras, no dressings !

My results are currently as follows

June 25 2012
Weight : 164.2
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 42 inches
Thigh: 25 inches

Current Progress as of this Monday
July 23 2012
Weight:149.2
Waist: 28.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches
Thigh: 23.2 inches.


My big 30th birthday bash is on August 11 and I have a special white bikini with my name on it, as long as I reach goal. I feel that I can defiintely meet this if I just stay focused and don't get too depressed if the scale doesnt move every single day.

I have been inspired by everyone here. Thank you all for your suggestions, kindness and all the posts and stories!!

-Tanya
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello All

I have proof that sticking with Stillmans, though it may be tough, eventually pays off.

Tomorrow is my 1 month date of being on Stillmans.

I started getting too mentally insane from daily weigh ins, so I do every other day or every 3 days just to keep myself from being out of control or sad!

I was 149.4 LBS on Monday, so tomorrow is my next weight day and also is Day 30 of strict stillman without any liquor or a single cheat item. So that will be the true proof. I also have cut back my workouts and oddly enough that has been helping a lot. I added in some Salad ( no toppings) and I notice that it has not stalled me, but it helps me when I am at a restaurant and have no where else to turn! LOL. House salad and Add grilled chicken, no extras, no dressings !

My results are currently as follows

June 25 2012
Weight : 164.2
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 42 inches
Thigh: 25 inches

Current Progress as of this Monday
July 23 2012
Weight:149.2
Waist: 28.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches
Thigh: 23.2 inches.


My big 30th birthday bash is on August 11 and I have a special white bikini with my name on it, as long as I reach goal. I feel that I can defiintely meet this if I just stay focused and don't get too depressed if the scale doesnt move every single day.

I have been inspired by everyone here. Thank you all for your suggestions, kindness and all the posts and stories!!

-Tanya
Those are some great numbers. I am truly happy for you. You will look amazing in that white bikini! A month on Stills with no cheats is an awesome task.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #404
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Hello All

I have proof that sticking with Stillmans, though it may be tough, eventually pays off.

Tomorrow is my 1 month date of being on Stillmans.

I started getting too mentally insane from daily weigh ins, so I do every other day or every 3 days just to keep myself from being out of control or sad!

I was 149.4 LBS on Monday, so tomorrow is my next weight day and also is Day 30 of strict stillman without any liquor or a single cheat item. So that will be the true proof. I also have cut back my workouts and oddly enough that has been helping a lot. I added in some Salad ( no toppings) and I notice that it has not stalled me, but it helps me when I am at a restaurant and have no where else to turn! LOL. House salad and Add grilled chicken, no extras, no dressings !

My results are currently as follows

June 25 2012
Weight : 164.2
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 42 inches
Thigh: 25 inches

Current Progress as of this Monday
July 23 2012
Weight:149.2
Waist: 28.5 inches
Hips: 38.5 inches
Thigh: 23.2 inches.


My big 30th birthday bash is on August 11 and I have a special white bikini with my name on it, as long as I reach goal. I feel that I can defiintely meet this if I just stay focused and don't get too depressed if the scale doesnt move every single day.

I have been inspired by everyone here. Thank you all for your suggestions, kindness and all the posts and stories!!

-Tanya
Well done!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Congrats Aka! You are doing great!
becky123abc is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Does anyone have good ideas for a turkey burger?

Mine are always dry and bland and I just want to heave!

Any suggestion on how to give it a new twist? Maybe give it a nice little kick of flavor?

Hope everyone is hanging in there
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
WTG Bratty and Tanya!!!!!!!!!!


Tanya are you using the 85% turkey? The lower fat stuff is awful!
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Ranch Seasoning

5 tbsp. onion powder
2 tsp. celery seed
ground pepper to raste
2 tbsp paprika


mix well with ground meat, shape into patties and let stand for an hour so the celery seed softens a bit. Grill or pan fry and joy!



Taco seasoning mix


5 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
3 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder


other suggestions.........


low salt Old Bay seasoning

Lemon Pepper (check the label, make sure it's no salt

low sodium Adobo (new from Goya)
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Congratulations mim & Bratty !!!!
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Oh , What to do with Extra lean turkey .... I do have a recipe for Oriental Egg Drop Soup with turkey meatballs .... just make sure you use low sodium chicken broth and seasonings as well as no MSG ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Does anyone have good ideas for a turkey burger?

Mine are always dry and bland and I just want to heave!

Any suggestion on how to give it a new twist? Maybe give it a nice little kick of flavor?

Hope everyone is hanging in there
Egg Drop Soup


1 medium egg
1 cup clear soup (broth, bouillon or consomme) *I suggest lowest sodium
add a few drops of low sodium soy sauce
Beat the egg lightly with a fork and drop into broth when at the simmering point (don't boil) in saucepan,
stirring constantly. When egg has thickened slighly,
make turkey meatballs by seasoning the turkey with Chinese five spice then add meatballs to soup and heat till meatballs are done ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member
 
Angelstill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster, P.a
Posts: 660
Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I agree that the scale is very misleading, measurements are by far accurate .... I do need the scale to keep in check .... Another good day , my clothes feel loose .... still not where I would like to be .... I will be there by the end of the fall sooner if I can .... I pray ....
Angelstill is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland/DC Area
Posts: 1,018
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Congratulations mim & Bratty !!!!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Does anyone have good ideas for a turkey burger?

Mine are always dry and bland and I just want to heave!

Any suggestion on how to give it a new twist? Maybe give it a nice little kick of flavor?

Hope everyone is hanging in there
I can't be much help. I use salt, pepper, and a little onion powder. When I get sick of eating it I will put an easy over egg on it for a little variety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I agree that the scale is very misleading, measurements are by far accurate .... I do need the scale to keep in check .... Another good day , my clothes feel loose .... still not where I would like to be .... I will be there by the end of the fall sooner if I can .... I pray ....
Happy for your good day. I am also aiming for late fall to hit goal. New years by the very latest.

I had a good clean day again. Maybe I will be lucky at be at my pre-vacation weight in the morning. I doubt it, but it is nice to think about.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
BrattyS is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #414
Junior LCF Member
 
majar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
I know exactly how you feel littlelavender...first time I didn't have my scale I kept imagining places I could find one and going to the gym just so I could use it. It really keeps me on track.

I have been so good lately and got down to 134.5, but then yesterday I shot up a pound without any rhyme or reason. I really wanted to get down to 130 by August 1, which gives me a week if I can get the Stilly 5. I am hoping my body is just prepping for the next big drop.... if not, I will start my August off super sad.

Is anyone else hoping to do 10 in August? I am so close and you guys are extraordinary motivators. Also, random question, could eggs be hindering me? I have been eating a ton lately, but mostly just mixing in 1 regular egg into egg white omelets. How many eggs can I eat a day and still lose?
majar is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #415
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I took yesterday off. I had a meeting monday night and have been really busy and will be really busy for the next few weeks, so I took yesterday off. I spent my time frittering my time away and cleaning my bedroom. I have a nice stack of clothes that are going to Goodwill. I also ate off plan. Not horribly, but off plan nonetheless. The scale this morning is proof of my indiscretion. But I'm right back on plan.

Have y'all noticed that when our eating is on plan, other things in our life also get "on plan"? I know it is true for me. I am more productive at work - cleaning up some of the paperwork stuff that I hate to do. I keep house better, I pay more attention to how I look - I just do things better when I'm on plan.
Mim is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #416
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I know exactly how you feel littlelavender...first time I didn't have my scale I kept imagining places I could find one and going to the gym just so I could use it. It really keeps me on track.

I have been so good lately and got down to 134.5, but then yesterday I shot up a pound without any rhyme or reason. I really wanted to get down to 130 by August 1, which gives me a week if I can get the Stilly 5. I am hoping my body is just prepping for the next big drop.... if not, I will start my August off super sad.

Is anyone else hoping to do 10 in August? I am so close and you guys are extraordinary motivators. Also, random question, could eggs be hindering me? I have been eating a ton lately, but mostly just mixing in 1 regular egg into egg white omelets. How many eggs can I eat a day and still lose?
I hope eggs are not a problem 'cause I eat lots of eggs and lots of fish. Without eggs, I'm afraid I would be very hungry!

I hope to lose at least 10 in August. Since I still have almost 100 to lose, I should have some Stilly 5 weeks left in my weight loss journey. You are so close to goal that the pounds won't give up so easily, but I bet you can drop 10 in August!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
that control does spill over into other areas, doesn't it Mim? a good thing..........

typically I do three egg white and one yolk a day.
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I took yesterday off. I had a meeting monday night and have been really busy and will be really busy for the next few weeks, so I took yesterday off. I spent my time frittering my time away and cleaning my bedroom. I have a nice stack of clothes that are going to Goodwill. I also ate off plan. Not horribly, but off plan nonetheless. The scale this morning is proof of my indiscretion. But I'm right back on plan.

Have y'all noticed that when our eating is on plan, other things in our life also get "on plan"? I know it is true for me. I am more productive at work - cleaning up some of the paperwork stuff that I hate to do. I keep house better, I pay more attention to how I look - I just do things better when I'm on plan.
Wow
Yes this is VERY true for me too
I want everything on plan now it seems like.

The control thing and order thing is getting very crazy! LOL

-Tanya
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!
 
Remykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,181
Gallery: Remykins
Stats: 139/132/128
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 6th 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Does anyone have good ideas for a turkey burger?

Mine are always dry and bland and I just want to heave!

Any suggestion on how to give it a new twist? Maybe give it a nice little kick of flavor?

Hope everyone is hanging in there
If it is dry and bland, you are overcooking it. Take it from a chef.

The last portion of cooking of a turkey burger (breast meat I am assuming) should be finished off the heat.

As far as bland, you can add anything to the meat itself, rather than placing it on top. Chop fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), garlic, onion and add a squirt of low carb ketchup, mix and then form into your patty, let sit a few hours or overnight to let flavors penetrate. Make sure to add sea salt and black pepper to the outside for better control.

In many cases, adding garlic, onion, thyme, paprika, cayenne, chili powder etc will make it taste more 'meaty'. If you are looking for a 'fluffier' texture, you can always mix a raw egg into the mix before cooking.
Remykins is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #420
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
.......and not only am I in control of my surroundings (or at least gaining some control) I walked to the office this morning! It is only 7/10 of a mile, but it is up a very steep hill. I've been wanting to start walking to the office for awhile but first it was too hot and then we have had daily storms. Today I won't be walking home because my dd is picking me up so I can go with her as she runs an errand that she doesn't need to take three kids out of the van for. And tomorrow I need to leave from the office to do a visitation. But I will continue, when able, to walk to work!
Mim is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.