Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 03:32 AM   #271
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I think I am back to feeling good! I'm waking up early - naturally, I sleep well, I don't crave sweets, I have more energy and a positive outlook! Yup! I'm feeling good! Remind me to stay on plan!
Mim is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!
 
Remykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,181
Gallery: Remykins
Stats: 139/132/128
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: May 6th 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I think I am back to feeling good! I'm waking up early - naturally, I sleep well, I don't crave sweets, I have more energy and a positive outlook! Yup! I'm feeling good! Remind me to stay on plan!
Go for it mim! I saw results today, so im on a contact high with my scale!
Remykins is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
way to go Mim...that's one thing I really like about Stillman's: the rewards start showing up fast when you stay clean!
catne is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #274
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Down 0.6 pounds today...walked 3 miles and biked 4 miles yesterday. I seem to lose consistenly when I excercise. Will be adding swimming to my regime as well. Good luck folks...lets continue to burn those pounds.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 171
Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Even so close to goal, I have been slowly creeping my way down the 130s! I tried to do a 5 day cleanse that was basically the opposite of Stillmans but I only ended up doing it for 2 days. It brought me down about a lb though! Since then, I haven't really been sticking to any plan, and I've still had some pretty steady loss! It's crazy to see loss without sticking to a plan and just watching what I eat to make sure I stay low cal and low carb. Makes me wonder where my body's stopping point will be... hopefully somewhere in the 120s! I think I have a smaller frame considering that even in the 130s I have a belly.

Looks like everyone is doing great! You guys are so awesome, I still come here for inspiration everyday!

Last edited by littlelavender; 07-19-2012 at 11:25 AM..
littlelavender is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I am still working my way towards the goal. I haven't weighed in a few days. IT was starting to drive me insane..the little fluctuations were wreaking havoc on my mindset. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and see what the scale shows.

I have done well this week

I have not had any alcohol for 3 weeks and that has been the largest challenge.

My friends are throwing me a party for my 30th and I am not supposed to know anything about it, so I am excited. My husband said they needed a photo of me in a bikini for some reason, he would not tell me.
I went ahead and posed for it and in the photo there were visible ab muscles. I couldn't believe it. My hubby said that no more weight loss is needed but unfortunately my normal weight is around 142 lbs at the most. I still haven't been able to get out of the 150s... I think in the next 5 days I can do it.

I have been strict, and staying on plan perfectly. My day will come soon.

My birthday party is August 11, so I will JUST make it in time !


Best wishes to everyone in your journey and stay tough.
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #277
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good job littlelavender and Tanya!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #278
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Well, I'm going to have to re-think my clothes shopping plan. I just came in from the store and as I was walking up the walk, my jeans were walking down to my knees! I had to put down my bags and pull them up before I lost them! Oh my! Guess I need to find some cheap clothes now!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Gallery: sydnaaayyx
Good morning everyone, my name's Maddie & I'd love to join the July tread
Bought chicken slices and low-fat cottage cheese yesterday and am planing on having a few coffees also. I was wondering if anyone drinks Red Bull Sugarfree on this diet?
Have a lovely Stillmans day! x
sydnaaayyx is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
no redbull for me, and I don't eat cottage cheese. that seems to stall me. i do have jarlsberg lite (2 ounces almost everyday) and get along fine. today I tried some totally fat free cheese, 1 carb per ounce. i feel good, but don't think I can get away with that two days in a row. I have 8 ounces, which is a lot. i'm still maintaining and slipped just a little lower that I wanted--so ate more than usual today.

Mim: that is a great feeling!! baggy clothes, love it.
akagirl: my b-day is august 8th.
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
vyomguy, i swim 30 minutes each day. i was also in class for the last two weeks and walked there and home everyday so far. that amounted to about 2 hours of walking each day. feel great.
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hiya losers! Another great day in Stilly land! Happy for all!


uh oh, Directv is down, let the whining begin...............;Laugh:
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #283
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnaaayyx View Post
Good morning everyone, my name's Maddie & I'd love to join the July tread
Bought chicken slices and low-fat cottage cheese yesterday and am planing on having a few coffees also. I was wondering if anyone drinks Red Bull Sugarfree on this diet?
Have a lovely Stillmans day! x
Hi Maddie! Welcome! Cottage cheese is ok for some and not for others. You will have to see how your body reacts. I have never had Red Bull but I do drink lots of coffee. You will love it here!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Even so close to goal, I have been slowly creeping my way down the 130s! I tried to do a 5 day cleanse that was basically the opposite of Stillmans but I only ended up doing it for 2 days. It brought me down about a lb though! Since then, I haven't really been sticking to any plan, and I've still had some pretty steady loss! It's crazy to see loss without sticking to a plan and just watching what I eat to make sure I stay low cal and low carb. Makes me wonder where my body's stopping point will be... hopefully somewhere in the 120s! I think I have a smaller frame considering that even in the 130s I have a belly.

Looks like everyone is doing great! You guys are so awesome, I still come here for inspiration everyday!
Congrats to you. Don't you just Love that lbs.-creep-down...so much nicer than the creep-ups, lol.
catne is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Smack dab in the Middle
Posts: 1,826
Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnaaayyx View Post
Good morning everyone, my name's Maddie & I'd love to join the July tread
Bought chicken slices and low-fat cottage cheese yesterday and am planing on having a few coffees also. I was wondering if anyone drinks Red Bull Sugarfree on this diet?
Have a lovely Stillmans day! x


Just a cautionary tale...though Stillman included the low fat cottage cheese in original plan, it was supposed to be a limited amount, and drained...I think it was like 1/2 cup day max. But many of us have found it's a total no-go with the dairy so be ready to skip it if you're not losing.

And "chicken slices"...I assume you're talking about packaged lunch meat type foods? Make sure it's zero carbs and low fat...many of the prepared lunch meats actually have a lot of carbs and fat (some are even cured with sugar...kiss-of-death on Stillman's)

__________________
Cathy from Nebraska (and Florida!)

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post


Just a cautionary tale...though Stillman included the low fat cottage cheese in original plan, it was supposed to be a limited amount, and drained...I think it was like 1/2 cup day max. But many of us have found it's a total no-go with the dairy so be ready to skip it if you're not losing.

And "chicken slices"...I assume you're talking about packaged lunch meat type foods? Make sure it's zero carbs and low fat...many of the prepared lunch meats actually have a lot of carbs and fat (some are even cured with sugar...kiss-of-death on Stillman's)

great advise!!!
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #287
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! A good morning indeed. Only 2 more pounds to hit 30 lost! This is my day off so I'm going to do a bit of shopping. I might buy a pair of jeans. Maybe I'll just buy a belt! I'm going to spend some time this weekend going through my clothes and figuring out what I still can wear that is not too sloppy big, how long till I can fit into some other things, and what I might need in the meantime. I have some clothes I bought 4 years ago after I had lost 60 pounds. They have been sitting in a suitcase in my dd's basement. I know I'm not able to fit into them but I might be able to get an idea as to how much longer it will be before I can! I'm smaller than I was at this weight the last time I was at this weight. Exercise, especially Callenetics really makes a difference!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
I got on the scale today, I was up 3 lbs from last weekend.

Up 3 lbs? I am amazed at how that can be.

Very discouraging, and I have a huge headache today as well.

I suppose I will start working out again and drink more water, I don't know what else I can do.

-Tanya
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #289
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,283
Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh Tanya, that is hard to take! I'm thinking it is because your body recognizes that you are dieting and wants to hang on to the fat. Hang in there- your body will have no choice but to give it up. You will reach goal by your birthday - I'm positive!
Mim is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Key Tones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,461
Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Subscribing.

I'm finding I can't lose weight now until I drop both carbs and fat. I'm curious and would like to read along for a while.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-20-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Key Tones is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member
 
akagal20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 738
Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh Tanya, that is hard to take! I'm thinking it is because your body recognizes that you are dieting and wants to hang on to the fat. Hang in there- your body will have no choice but to give it up. You will reach goal by your birthday - I'm positive!
Thank you Mim for the support and encouraging to keep going

I almost felt like giving up this morning. I am so tired.

I have been through this before and I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

-Tanya
akagal20 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #292
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Lost 1 pound yesterday. Couldnt resist taking diet coke. I did extensive research on diet sodas..and genrally for 90% of the people on keto, it doesnt seem to have any affect. But 10% of the people claim to stall...but its still questionalble as artificial sweetners doesnt increase your insulin levels.

I ended up losing more than usual on diet coke. The main thing is...I didnt have any negative effects or stall due to diet coke. It will be part of my daily intake now.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! A good morning indeed. Only 2 more pounds to hit 30 lost! This is my day off so I'm going to do a bit of shopping. I might buy a pair of jeans. Maybe I'll just buy a belt! I'm going to spend some time this weekend going through my clothes and figuring out what I still can wear that is not too sloppy big, how long till I can fit into some other things, and what I might need in the meantime. I have some clothes I bought 4 years ago after I had lost 60 pounds. They have been sitting in a suitcase in my dd's basement. I know I'm not able to fit into them but I might be able to get an idea as to how much longer it will be before I can! I'm smaller than I was at this weight the last time I was at this weight. Exercise, especially Callenetics really makes a difference!
Awesome Mim! You will love going through your wardobe........and it's an ongoing thing......even when you stop losing things move around for a year or more and you continue to get smaller.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Subscribing.

I'm finding I can't lose weight now until I drop both carbs and fat. I'm curious and would like to read along for a while.
hey Key, welcome and love your signature, very informative!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Thank you Mim for the support and encouraging to keep going

I almost felt like giving up this morning. I am so tired.

I have been through this before and I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

-Tanya
hang in there, gal, you know it will pass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Lost 1 pound yesterday. Couldnt resist taking diet coke. I did extensive research on diet sodas..and genrally for 90% of the people on keto, it doesnt seem to have any affect. But 10% of the people claim to stall...but its still questionalble as artificial sweetners doesnt increase your insulin levels.

I ended up losing more than usual on diet coke. The main thing is...I didnt have any negative effects or stall due to diet coke. It will be part of my daily intake now.
hmmmmm...........vy I will look to your posts to prove the theory.......not a big fan of soda...........now, tonic water, that's a different story

busy day, doctor visit and working like mad, busy....thank you powers that be......
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,906
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
well, skinnies, settling in for our Bond a thon, tonight's feature is The Living Daylights.......

these are playing on Encore channel if yer interested.........

have a gr8 nite and sweet dreams........


MMS, GT, attending the Open ? any K or PMiddy news to report? I have not stalked the UK media in awhile
CCGirl is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
diet soda works fine for me. if it didn't, i would figure something else out. if you don't want to drink dc, then carbonated water is a great replacement (no flavors). lots of liquids keep the fat burning!! and really important for stillman success.
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member
 
Shreem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east coast
Posts: 419
Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
vyomguy, diet soda is ok on stillmans. it is on the list.
Shreem is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #297
Junior LCF Member
 
vyomguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 53
Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
vyomguy, diet soda is ok on stillmans. it is on the list.
My intial assumption was NO SUGARS. But then I did some research and found that 0 calories artificial sweetners dont act the way regular sugars do....that is they dont increase your insulin levels and make you hungry.

I did further research and found that Stevia is the most healthiest artificial sweetner available. Ordered those for my coffe from amazon. Diet Coke has aspartame...which is not the best sweetner...but thats the best I can do now. Planning to look for Stevia diet sodas which are far more healthier.
vyomguy is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/192/160 5'5.5"
Hi Stillman Friends! (I accidently posted this in the June thread...thanks to Mim for redirecting me to the current thread! )

There are so many new people on this thread...I haven't posted here in so long.

I'm ready to get back to where I was weight-wise...

I've dabbled in a few other ways to eat, but the only thing I've been successful at was when I attempted to eat Dr. Stillman's way.

I just got through reading some of my old posts from early 2011. That helped me realize what i was eating when I was really losing.

Very boring foods...but when I ate boring my cravings were cut way down and I would see a pretty steady 1lb or 2lb loss each week.

I'm pretty disgusted with myself for letting 25ish pounds come back on...but dwelling there does me no good...

Here are the LC foods that seemed to lead me down the wrong path...
yogurt
cheeses
nuts

And when I started indulging on the weekends...


I'm hoping to eat clean for several weeks to build up some momentum in my phyche ...

School is starting back soon and I really want to be able to wear some of my favorite clothes in the fall.

It's so good to see some familiar faces still posting...CC & GT, your stats are incredible! I look forward to getting to hear everyone's experiences!
becky123abc is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/192/160 5'5.5"
Mim, I'm just now seeing what fabulous progress you have made this year!! Congratulations! That is very inspiring to me!

Where's AL & IM2??
becky123abc is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Gallery: sydnaaayyx
Thanks so much everyone for all the advice!
Today I'm having boiled chicken breast, low-fat cottage cheese & a Red Bull Sugarfree.
sydnaaayyx is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.