Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
amm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amm
Stats: (highest weight 400) 345/337.8/175
Anyone at a higher weight doing Stillman's?

Hey there!

I've been reading through a lot of the threads on this board and I've noticed that a lot of you all are under 200 pounds, or close to your goal weight. Is there anyone around on the Stillman's plan who is a higher weight? Or did you start out at a higher weight? Just wondering what others' experiences are who are at a similar weight as me.

Thanks!
amm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I am not near my goal weight .... I have 50 lbs to go ....
Angelstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Broken
Stats: 224/221/200,185,150
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 6/10/12
I'm at 221...I started Stillmans a couple of weeks ago, went ten days, lost 8 pounds. I thought I was ready to have something different to eat, then back on, but that was a bust. I'm just too close to the edge of a binge and am going to have to put in more time to break the habit before incorporating a meal that I really want. Eating those meals aren't going to help me lose weight I ended up blowing the whole weekend and gaining the weight back. So back on the wagon today.
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Andrea, there are those of us who have 100 + pounds to lose and some who have lost that much. Join us on the monthly threads and get the support you need as you make your weight loss journey!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by amm View Post
Hey there!

I've been reading through a lot of the threads on this board and I've noticed that a lot of you all are under 200 pounds, or close to your goal weight. Is there anyone around on the Stillman's plan who is a higher weight? Or did you start out at a higher weight? Just wondering what others' experiences are who are at a similar weight as me

Thanks!
Me, Me. I'm well over 200 pounds At this point I have at least 75 to lose...probably should lose 100 to get into ideal weight range but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Not losing as fast as some folks are, but we find we just can't go that low on calories (some are eating as little as 400-500 calories a day, some are only eating twice a day.) I can't do that due to health issues (on meds I have to take at different times of day, with food.) A little background: I lost 20 in two months on Atkins. Then only a fraction over 1 lb lost in all of May (with not a single cheat. NOT ONE! ) So basically did great for 2 months, then slowed down to virtually no loss...I'm too far overweight to lose weight at only a pound a month (I'll be dead before I get to ideal weight at that rate, lol.)

Started Stillmans 5/30 so I've been on it just over 3 weeks. Down 11.6 lbs. in that 3.5 weeks. And that's after coming from Atkins, so I was already in ketosis, etc. Lost like 5 the first week, and now its slowed a little, but still 2-3 lbs. a week...that I can live with!

Hubby is doing Stillman's with me. Here's what we're doing:

We have an egg & a low-fat turkey breakfast sausage patty for breakfast. About 300 calories worth of low-fat meat for lunch. A hardboiled egg or a slice of deli ham (low fat, zero carb) as a snack in the afternoon if really hungry. Then about 300-400 cal. of low fat meat for dinner. Another boiled egg or slice of deli ham for an evening snack if needed. LOTS of water (80-100 oz) plus we both drink a lot of coffee. VERY occasional diet soda (probably one can every other day.) Not using any SF sweetener in the coffee. Not using any dairy products at all (no cottage cheese) Our total calories per day are probably in the 1000-1200 range. We are mildly hungry but not starving-eat-the-house-hungry at this level. All the meat we eat is low fat (under 5 fat) and zero carb, or very low carb (like the breakfast sausage is 1 carb per patty.) We're either baking, or using Pam cooking spray to minimize fat when we fry meat. Anything with fat like burgers, we blot the fat after cooking, too. No veggies. No dairy.

We use low carb ketchup, mustard, low sodium soy sauce (sparingly), horseradish mustard, chipotle mustard as sauces, but not a whole lot.

About once every 7-10 days we have a "luxurious" Atkins-legal meal: usually a grilled rib-eye steak, a large salad with a bit of chopped tomato, shredded cheese, salad almonds & full-fat low carb dressing. And we add a legal, LC dessert of 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries topped with whipped cream (we used Redi-Whip because the can will keep for a couple/three weeks in the fridge since we're not using it.) We also might have a handful of nuts, maybe a square of lindt 90% chocolate. This is for just one meal...

then we go right back to the strict Stillman's next meal. Leftover blueberries, shredded cheese, almonds go right into the freezer for our next treat meal. We both usually pop up maybe 1/2 lb the day after our Atkins-style Low Carb meal but it's gone the 2nd day and the losing starts up again.

It's working for me. The only thing I'd warn about is you really have to commit. The slightest little cheat will slam the brakes on the weight loss and you'll pop up several pounds overnight.

Hope that helps!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-25-2012 at 02:24 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
I started at 232. I need to get to 150.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: foxylady
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/26/12
Be REALLY strict with yourself on this Stillman's diet. Follow the plan exactly. Drink plenty of water. You will see amazing results the first week! Every time you deviate from THIS PLAN, it takes you out of ketosis and you have to start over.

It takes a few days to get into ketosis, but once you are in it, you are NOT hungry.... so it is worth going those first few days and being STRICT with yourself.

Make sure you are really ready to COMMIT to this plan. It is very limited, but works extremely well.

You can weigh 500 pounds on this plan and be successful. It's all in your head... that is our biggest SABOTAGE.

You CAN do this and be successful!!! Give yourself a chance.
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote