Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IzzieOllie
Stats: 195/183/145
Start Date: May2012
Not Convinced....

Hi all! I have been reading these forums for a few days, and started this WOE yesterday (Monday). I am still unsure if I should continue because it honestly seems really really bad for you, as far as nutrition and the metabolic long run, and the keeping it off when ur done part. Now I did lose 3lbs in one day (water Im sure) so that is motivating, however I am nervous I will screw myself up for a long time if I really keep this out. Literally Eggs, Boiled chicken, cottage cheese and some light laughing cow is IT. Diet Coke maybe once a day and coffee and a TON of water. Please someone, anyone, put my mind at ease! I have about 30-40 pounds I would like to lose at 5'6" am 35 yrs old and have been successful with southbeach type eating in the past. HELP!!!
IzzieOllie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Please... Someone...anyone....!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzieOllie View Post
Hi all! I have been reading these forums for a few days, and started this WOE yesterday (Monday). I am still unsure if I should continue because it honestly seems really really bad for you, as far as nutrition and the metabolic long run, and the keeping it off when ur done part. Now I did lose 3lbs in one day (water Im sure) so that is motivating, however I am nervous I will screw myself up for a long time if I really keep this out. Literally Eggs, Boiled chicken, cottage cheese and some light laughing cow is IT. Diet Coke maybe once a day and coffee and a TON of water. Please someone, anyone, put my mind at ease! I have about 30-40 pounds I would like to lose at 5'6" am 35 yrs old and have been successful with southbeach type eating in the past. HELP!!!
You can take supplements for nutritional support.
I can't say first hand about maintaining as I still have a long way to go. There are several girls here that have met their goals and are keeping it off. Maybe they will post their strategies for you. From what I can tell they remain on low carb eating as a WOE. That will be my plan in the future. I will watch my weight very closely and come back to Sillmans if I gain anything.

Mix it up with some lean steak, fish, and other meats. It does not have to be just boiled chicken. I wish you the best no matter what you decided.

The same rules will apply. If you are not careful about what you eat. You will gain.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
I swear by this WOE. I started 3 years ago and never have been happy or healthier. I think it's the Yo Yo-ing trying to find magic that hurts our bodies. I eat very healthy. Doesn't have to be all items that worry you!
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

The problem is, I hate fish , so chicken it is lol. But I'm used to having the diabetic yogurt(. 3 carbs) and some kind of berry with that, and almonds and pickles!!! Cucumbers with a low carb dill dip.., actually taking multivite is newer to me and maybe that is good... However I like a drink now and then as well... So that is hard with summer and camping coming up...!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
The problem is, I hate fish , so chicken it is lol. But I'm used to having the diabetic yogurt(. 3 carbs) and some kind of berry with that, and almonds and pickles!!! Cucumbers with a low carb dill dip.., actually taking multivite is newer to me and maybe that is good... However I like a drink now and then as well... So that is hard with summer and camping coming up...!!!!
you might want to try the regular LC (Atkins-style) That would fit better with what you're wanting to eat. All of the items you mention would be acceptable on regular Low Carb way of eating. Stillman's is very limited (that's the point of it, lol.) But it's not for everyone, that's for sure. Good luck...I'm sure you'll find a plan that fits. That's the goal for all of us on this forum.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 161/154/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Low carb and excercise
Start Date: January 3, 2014
I too am struggling with this way of eating....I really miss my vegetables! i know this plan produces quick results but I feel so awful on it. I was seriously drooling over asparagus last night!
I think my mistake with atkins was eating too many calories and fat. I think stillman's works mainly due to it's low calorie count, seriously how much meat can one eat in a day??! especially the turkey burger and tuna plans.
I am thinking now of modifying my plan to include lean meats only and some salad vegetables ( I really miss salad) I am thinking I will be able to stick to this type of plan longer and not fall off the wagon after every day of meat only.
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
I too am struggling with this way of eating....I really miss my vegetables! i know this plan produces quick results but I feel so awful on it. I was seriously drooling over asparagus last night!
I think my mistake with atkins was eating too many calories and fat. I think stillman's works mainly due to it's low calorie count, seriously how much meat can one eat in a day??! especially the turkey burger and tuna plans.
I am thinking now of modifying my plan to include lean meats only and some salad vegetables ( I really miss salad) I am thinking I will be able to stick to this type of plan longer and not fall off the wagon after every day of meat only.
LOL I know the feeling, and I dont even like vegetables! I switched to this diet because I was "cheating" too much on southbeach. I would eat too much of the allowed foods such as nuts and cheese and pepperoni and things like that, so while it was low carb, it was probably way to high in calories. This is my third day and am down another 1.5lb, so I am gonna keep it up for now. Wondering though, besides a multivitamin, are there any other supplements I should grab at the pharmacy? (Besides the fiber) LOL
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loseitquickly
Today is only my second day so I'm no expert but I did have a small salad, just 2 romaine leaf and 4 little tomatoes with my dinner and I still dropped 2 lbs. If the salad slows be down a bit I'm willing to deal with that but I gotta have some ruffage.
loseitquickly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 161/154/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Low carb and excercise
Start Date: January 3, 2014
I will keep you guys posted how I do adding in the salad vegetables. I think I will find it much easier to stick with by having some salad.
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 176.4/172.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
This is mostly how hard-core bodybuilders eat all the time or for contest prep and they look.... Well, Excellent! Yes that's a lot of protein food and it is very strict... But eating this way is only for a short time, until you lose the weight, And soon enough you can add the veggies and fruits and small amounts of GOOD carbs back into your diet. Just drink enough water to flush out your system/kidneys, which you are already doing. And you can eat these foods the rest of your life, they are good for you, bodybuillders eat them, what people are being taught about food is WRONG! Eating the McDonalds and corn syrup and soda and pizza and spaghetti and donuts is what made us fat, eating THAT WAY is what is bad for us.

In the book Dr. Stillman explains it very well, it's not going to hurt you, you eat high protein and your body will get the carbs and fats it needs from burning your stored blubber, you can take a multivitamin to get nutrients if you're afraid you're lacking, but you only follow the diet long enough to lose the weight so you shouldn't develop a deficiency, and how many people actually suffer serious vitamin or mineral deficiencies in any industrialized country?? Hardly any! The number is less than 20 thousand, in a population of over 300 million. If you're overweight then losing the extra lbs will be good for your health as it takes strain off your heart and organs.
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote