Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   A little over five months...60 pounds gone! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/773768-little-over-five-months-60-pounds-gone.html)

Jujigirl 06-06-2012 09:18 AM

A little over five months...60 pounds gone!

Whooohoo!!!! I'm 7 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight and finally back into some of my old clothes. Weight loss has slowed a bit lately but I've also had more cheat days. Whereas before i was losing 4 pounds a week now im down to two if i eat clean. But still, yay! It can be done! :)

catne 06-06-2012 11:25 AM

Hi, Jujigirl...so glad you came back to report additional losses. I re-started on Stillman's last week (did it several years ago with good success)

Read your previous thread (about losing 50 in 14 weeks) and it was SOOOO inspiring.

KUTGW! :high5:

PS: are you still eating like this? (copied from previous thread)

Breakfast - tons of coffee, 2 eggs and 5 slices of jennie o turkey bacon with nonstick spray

Snack - rolled up deli turkey or chicken or hardboiled egg.

Lunch - 1 or 2 chicken sausages (look for loooow fat), sometimes with mustard or reduced sugar ketchup OR a chicken breast with franks' buffalo wing hot sauce.

snack - hard boiled egg or deli meat.

Dinner - lean steak or lean hamburger or chicken sausages.

Jujigirl 06-06-2012 04:13 PM

hey! THANK YOU! :) yes, i'm still pretty much eating like that, though whereas before i was doing 1 cheat day every 3 weeks or so, lately i've done more (had a couple weeks when cheat days were every weekend), so that slowed things a bit....there was at least one week where I lost nothing (but at least i didn't gain!). I definitely have to keep myself in check and go right back on after I've had a day off - but if i only do one day off I sometimes break stalls, so it's actually good. It's the two days off together that will slow me down. This weekend will be one of those as we're going out of town, so i know Saturday and Sunday will be cheat days - maybe even *gulp* Friday too. As long as I have what I need in my fridge to get right back on on monday, i will hopefully be okay. You gotta live a little, right? I haven't cheated since May 20th, so I figure i've earned it. :hyst:

Oh, also, i've been nibbling on a bite or two of veggies now and then at night, as we're grilling and i can't resist grilled veggies. :)

So yes, the weekday menu is exactly like that, with maybe a bite or two of veggies at night, and then the weekend is either the same or maybe a cheat day on Sunday.....

How are you doing? You started last week? That's great! The first week and a half was always hardest for me, but right around week 2 I was on cruise control so it was great. :)

OH, one more thing, I'm diligent about daily weigh-ins and then inputting my weight into my calendar (which I actually look forward to). It helps keep me accountable and helps me see patterns and figure out what I can and can't do, as well as helps me to relax if i dont' see the scale move for 4 days, as I can refer back and see the last time that happened and that boom it all came off over night and therefore be patient....Just in case that helps. :)

catne 06-06-2012 04:52 PM

Thanks for all the info. Yes, I started Stillman's a week ago, and down 5 lbs. in 7 days. Which is nice.:lol: Hubby's doing the plan with me...we've done both Atkins and Stillman's with success before...same pattern as now, too. Success with Atkins Induction for a couple of months, then stall out completely. Used Stillman's to break the stall before and it's worked this time now. Before we just did Stillman's for a couple of weeks and then got sick of it and went back to Atkins. Thinking this time we might follow one of these mix-it-up versions (with planned "cheats" every so often.) I think we could stick with Stillman's for the long-haul if we knew once a week we'd be eating some luxurious Atkin's style meal on Saturday or whatever.

I'm a daily weigher, too. And I put it on my calendar (online) AND put it in ****** (just in case one of them "disappears", lol.) I know a lot of people find it frustrating, but I find it keeps me accountable...and clues me in more quickly if something is not working anymore. I would be terribly depressed for instance if I thought I was doing everything right & found out I hadn't lost an ounce at a monthly weigh-in. At least with the daily weighing & graphing, I can see if there's a trend up, down, or flat-lining:hyst:

Jujigirl 06-06-2012 06:11 PM

Exactly - i like to look for the trends as well. I think you've got a good plan that works for you! I found that for me sometimes I needed the second week of not cheating for loss to really get going, but then if i eat only low carb on a cheat day I can still lose and be happy...it all depends on what I'm going to eat.

Oh, and by the way, my cholesterol went DOWN 65 points. Haha. You should've heard the nurse when I said "Oh, and I did this eating only lean meat and eggs." :hyst:

Scarlet_Belle 06-08-2012 02:24 AM

Sigh. I so badly want to be a weight-loss success... Stillman's is REALLY strict, I just started and I've had 2 good days and 2 cheat days now... I guess it's tough at first but gets easier. I just didn't plan ahead. I will need to have diet soda with me at all times, it's a tasty, fizzy treat that really helps me avoid carby foods. I don't know if I gained weight, I don't want to weigh myself, but I will have to do that tomorrow and just keep going forward.