Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Stillman's Shrinking Sunnies losing their Junk in June!!

Welcome to the wonderful shrinking world of Stillman!! Nearly time for the itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini........

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 06-01-2012 at 02:47 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Welcome to the wonderful shrinking world of Stillman!! Nearly time for the itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini........
I wish! I'd be happy to lose enough for capri pants, lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I wish! I'd be happy to lose enough for capri pants, lol.
i know the feeling!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Still on plan! Well today I did the fat fast to try and lose my hunger. A whole pot of mascarpone cheese spread out we'll see what it brings tomorow.
Doing Brazilian Butt Lift-it's surprisingly hard and boring at the same time!! I much much prefer Insanity to it but I'm gonna give it a while to see. My butt needs work. Actually I can pass the pencil test so Callanetics etc must have lifted it but there's just waaaay too much junk back there!! Needs to go!!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Yay June. I can not seem to get in the mental game of Stillmans the last couple of days. Day one was torture and day two I didn't make it. I am not being terribly bad just not on plan.
My in-laws will be here tonight and tomorrow, I have no intention of staying on plan with them here. I know, bad bad bad.
I know it is TOM hormones. Since my hysterectomy, I turn into psyco, moody, starving person about 4-5 days out of each month. I was never this bad before. I can barely stand myself.

I will be back on track on track Sunday doing the turkey burger boogie. I have 6 weeks to put a small dent in my weight loss before I am faced with vacations, ect.

I am happy to see that you all are doing so well.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
stillmans is working for me. i'm so happy. i haven't weighed this whole week, but the stomach is flat. i had been working with atkins since late january, gaining and losing the same three pounds. it was maddening. with stillmans, i feel so much better. low fat low calories, protein, some fat but not much. i only weigh at the gym/pool i swim at and since the scale was driving me so crazy i decided to not weight for a couple weeks and just do stillmans. i am so glad i found this topic and people that are very sensitive to carbs and willing to do the work to get and stay slim.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
OOOhhhhhh YEAH! Love the name! LOL. Today is Day #3 for me. So far so good. I just bought some ground turkey at costco and it's on the stove now browning. And I'm also going to try the egg drop soup some of you have been talking about! Hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
That egg drop soup is good.

Today was eggs and tuna. Not hungry today. Woke up to another 1 lb loss. More to go if I am going to get in that bikini.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandyLandon
Stats: Start : 2010/ Goal : 160
WOE: HCG.
Yay! A new thread I'm not following Stillmans exactly, but I am eating very low carbs, and I love coming here for motivation to stay on track :]
I've lost about 10 pounds in two weeks, and I'm still losing, which isn't bad considering I'm not following this exactly!

How is everybody else doing?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chickyboo
Stats: 196/180/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: June 2, 2012
New here and am diving into the Stillman diet tomorrow... hope you don't mind me joining in
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Catne - You asked me what I typically had for my cheat meal, and what I ate for the rest of the day.

I normally use the "Carbohydrate Addicts Diet" 1 hour rule when I have my cheat meal. I basically eat within one hour as to limit insulin response and prevent most of my carbs as being stored as fat. If you arent fimilar with their plan, its an LONG explanation...

For simplicity sake, lets just say I keep my meal with an hour.

So my day would look like this:

B: Nothing (I just dont eat breakfast)
L: 8oz of turkey burger (or Fast up until dinner sometimes)
D: Starting at (for example) 7pm I start out with a side salad, main meal might be turkey chilli or shephards pie made with turkey meat, and a dessert of whatever I want, as long as its eaten within the hour. I end dinner at 8pm.

I try and choose dinners that include just as much protein and veggies as whatever carb I include. I might make a BIG chicken salad or Chicken Stirfry...popcorn, ice cream, ect.

I'm gluten and soy intolerant so my choices are limited. I dont ever eat bread or conventional meals like take-out pizza or anything in restaurants (I dont any chances to get glutened).
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Great name! I'm in, if that's okay. I wanna try and do the full month straight Stillman's if I can, and I am 2 days in. Only 26 more to go to goal. Do you guys cook the ground turkey in it's own juices? I have been debating my nonstick spray and I still can't decide whether it will give me a stall. Ideas?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
This is gonna be a good month for us, guys! I can feel it!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Great name! I'm in, if that's okay. I wanna try and do the full month straight Stillman's if I can, and I am 2 days in. Only 26 more to go to goal. Do you guys cook the ground turkey in it's own juices? I have been debating my nonstick spray and I still can't decide whether it will give me a stall. Ideas?
Of course it's okay! I'm loving the rush of new people starting Stillmans! Must be that summer fever. But everyone!

Anyway, nonstick cooking spray like PAM should be fine. I've been using it with no problem.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #15
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! I went shopping yesterday and it made me realize that if I had stayed on plan, I would be down a size or two right now! I'm not dwelling on the past, and actually I'm doing quite well - for me! But it did remind me why it is so important to stay on plan! And exercise. Today I will be doing some cleaning and sorting in my storage shed - that will count as exercise! Tomorrow is the banquet - I'll be on plan for breakfast, and will do my very best for the banquet. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Good morning! TOday is day #4, and I lost 0.8lb since yesterday. I'll take it! I am working today (I'm a nurse) and I'm bringing ground turkey, HB eggs, and a can of tuna in case I really need it. I hope you all had a successful weigh in today!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandieelynne View Post
Good morning! TOday is day #4, and I lost 0.8lb since yesterday. I'll take it! I am working today (I'm a nurse) and I'm bringing ground turkey, HB eggs, and a can of tuna in case I really need it. I hope you all had a successful weigh in today!

I'm down another lb., so 4.2 in three days. LOVING this (boring food seems to work, lol.)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Good morning everyone! I love summer so excited its finally here! Now to drop major poundage. My mom visited me today and thought she'd bring me a couple boxes of turkey burgers, nice eh? Except for she got the Jennie-O ones that have red bell peppers in them, here are the nutritional facts on them, do you guys think they're okay to eat? It says no carbs....I usually buy the lean turkey burgers.

Calories:200
Total Fat: 15 g
Protein: 16 g
Sodium 260 mg

Erin I was planning on doing your little turkey trick, do you think these would still work???
Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Welcome !!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickyboo View Post
New here and am diving into the Stillman diet tomorrow... hope you don't mind me joining in
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
as I said before you will love it here great support group !!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Catne - You asked me what I typically had for my cheat meal, and what I ate for the rest of the day.

I normally use the "Carbohydrate Addicts Diet" 1 hour rule when I have my cheat meal. I basically eat within one hour as to limit insulin response and prevent most of my carbs as being stored as fat. If you arent fimilar with their plan, its an LONG explanation...

For simplicity sake, lets just say I keep my meal with an hour.

So my day would look like this:

D: Starting at (for example) 7pm I start out with a side salad, main meal might be turkey chilli or shephards pie made with turkey meat, and a dessert of whatever I want, as long as its eaten within the hour. I end dinner at 8pm.

I try and choose dinners that include just as much protein and veggies as whatever carb I include. I might make a BIG chicken salad or Chicken Stirfry...popcorn, ice cream, ect.

I'm gluten and soy intolerant so my choices are limited. I dont ever eat bread or conventional meals like take-out pizza or anything in restaurants (I dont any chances to get glutened).
Amazing you really know your stuff bravo Erin lol
My opinion on the turkey meal plan .... Does it work ? yes Will it work for everyone ? no Does it get boring ? yessssss !!!! I am going to start this plan next weekend .... Actually , on the 5th day ....

Today is an Atkins Day for me with scrambled eggs, low sodium bacon and cheese !!!! oh, I missed cheese .... Tonight is Ikea style Swedish meatballs with gravy made sans flour made with heavy cream and butter .... and Un mashed potatoes and sugar free strawberry jam .... Yesterday I did a strict Stillmans day Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs, Mid day espresso, Lunch two turkey sausages and Dinner 1/2 lb turkey breast and a nice bowl of egg drop soup .... And today the scale was kind and went down a pound .... not as good as the turkey plan of two pounds lol but better down than up I expect the scale to go up after this weekend not because I will be stuffing my face with cheese no I cannot wish I could but no. I enjoyed my breakfast & I am pretty much full, so I will skip lunch and enjoy some more espresso .... I will keep my body guessing what is next this just may be the trick .... I feel pressure to lose even faster always during the summer. And now I will try Silly Erins meal plan for next week .... Erin send out those recipes please .... also I have allergies to just soy half of my weight gain was from soy .... I am ready to keep getting rid of this junk in the trunk !!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

This just my opinion .... And honestly , this is how my body works ... Exercise is a must no matter how little .... even just a fast paced walk speeds up the metabolism .... On my lazy days I barely lose ....
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
This just my opinion .... And honestly , this is how my body works ... Exercise is a must no matter how little .... even just a fast paced walk speeds up the metabolism .... On my lazy days I barely lose ....
Thanks for the advice, Angelstill. I agree, good way to rev the metabolism is exercise...if one can do it. I had to put exercise on hold while we get meds straight for COPD (can't exercise when I can't breathe)

Anyway, looks like you've been having some good results ..can I ask how much you've lost since you started in April (and have you been doing Stillman's the whole time?)
Old 06-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Thanks for the advice, Angelstill. I agree, good way to rev the metabolism is exercise...if one can do it. I had to put exercise on hold while we get meds straight for COPD (can't exercise when I can't breathe)

Anyway, looks like you've been having some good results ..can I ask how much you've lost since you started in April (and have you been doing Stillman's the whole time?)
Thank you so much ! I will say I went up and down on the scale trying out some Legal Stillmans recipes in the beginning and then a stall .... I would say a definite loss of 20 lbs as of right now. The scale would total more but I am saying a perfect 20 lbs because I measured myself and I am 2 inches less and that is more concrete than the scale .... I took out a lot of the extras and followed Silly Erin's Turkey meal plan that whooshed me off my stall .... Erin's plan takes a lot of determination .... I have determination, so now for next week I will incorporate her only one day off plan .... I do strict stillmans as an off plan day then I eat low carb for two days however next week I will be more strict due to me feeling the summer get skinny now or stay depressed .... I think losing weight for me is like a drug when the scale goes down I am so up !!!! So I really work hard at curbing my cravings any which way I can to feel that feeling of trying on pants that now fit !!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I have in the past put my body to the test .... I personally have done the most ridiculous down to the most serious ways to lose weight .... Kellogs special K ridiculous for me at least .... Water and Tea cleansing oh let me not forget the best the lemonade cleansing and the Hollywood way to lose ect.... weight comes off but what happens when you want to eat real meals ???? That is why caveman/woman meal plan may not be totally healthy for long term but as a QWL tool that works as a jump start like a shock to the body to give up the fat (Ketosis) also making sure drinking plenty of water, taking vitamins and supplements are adhered to .... Not all carbs will make you fat .... think fries as a no no and a sweet potato as a yes .... On an off day plan I will eat a sweet potato why not? it is healthy .... A white potato not as healthy fried in oil not so much .... As I am getting rid of unhealthy fat I hope to eventually add healthy carbs into the high protein ratio .... either one is not healthy on its own they need to be together for a healthy lifestyle .... I have to realize I am not that little kid anymore eating Snickers and Doritos sipping it all down with Cherry Coca Cola and then zipping up my Jordache jeans without a sweat .... My body is older and changing if I want to eat those things I better get back on the wagon fast ....
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Great thread title GT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs all around and welcome rookies

D: last night with Mom then she's off on the big bird back to Miami until August........waaaaaaaahhhhh
Old 06-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Great thread title GT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs all around and welcome rookies

D: last night with Mom then she's off on the big bird back to Miami until August........waaaaaaaahhhhh
cc aren't mom's great ! hugs atcha !
Old 06-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandyLandon
Stats: Start : 2010/ Goal : 160
WOE: HCG.
I really want to go back to Strict Stillmans. I'm leaving on vacation next week and I need to lose more weight! I need motivation!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Cingrats on all the losses ladies!! And I am looooooving the enthusiasm!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

CC----
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Exercise, exercise, exercise girls---no diet will shape your body as well as the right exercise!
Closed Thread