Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
No loss for me today. I think I'll try the fish next week. I only have two turkey burgers left anyway and I couldn't find any at the Safeway I went to yesterday for some reason! So I got some shrimp instead and I'll make today a turkey/seafood combination day. The thing with me about shrimp is my favorite part is the sauce...give me some cocktail sauce with it and I'll devour a whole platter of shrimp! Otherwise, I don't usually care for it too much unless it's cooked really well. So I've gotta try to keep it low on the sauce today.

SrfrGirl, and anyone else who is doing the fish diet: what kind of fish do you use? Do you alternate kinds on different days, or do you try to stick to the same kind everyday? I'm not really a fan of white fish, but I think I'll have to try to like it because I don't think I can eat salmon and tuna everyday. Also, do you marinate it or add any herbs or do you just eat it plain?
Not doing the fish diet as such but have always eaten a lot of salmon, tuna (tinned and fresh) mackerel and lots of prawns (sea food I know), I love my chili prawn soup and prawn stir fry.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
BBT and I will def update my stats and move forward the slide on the ticker... if I can remember how. Happy low carbing everyone! GT, I bet your bum is just fine... I never got the JLo thing either??
Old 06-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
No loss for me today. I think I'll try the fish next week. I only have two turkey burgers left anyway and I couldn't find any at the Safeway I went to yesterday for some reason!
I wonder how many forum lurkers live in your area, buying up all the turkey burgers.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok girls---the turkey diet, the fish diet, the chicken diet, the whatever else diet you girls are thinking of---they are all Stillmans, pure and simple.
Stillmans is a nearly zero carb, protein only plan. The less you eat, the less you vere from the plan, the more you lose--simple. It doesn't matter if you eat 2 turkey burgers, 2 salmon fillets, 2 cans of tuna---it's still Stillmans.
I'm sorry if this is sounding harsh but really you're all making a huge deal of it-cycling 3 days with this and 2 days with the other. You're overthinking it way too much.
Eat protein only and you will lose-fast. You won't go into starvation mode because you are in ketosis-that is fat burning and muscle preserving.
It's not rocket science peeps--and it doesn't need to be tweaked. The science proves it works!!
Mean! You are right. All protein, no carb is a simple plan. I for one know if I would stay on it and quit going on binges I would have been at my goal long ago.
I think as time goes by people get bored with it or look for loopholes to make it easier, faster, or just more tolerable. Stillmans is a hard diet to stay on if you don't follow it the way it is suppose to be done. The more extras you look at or the more off days you plan, the harder it is to just focus on what you need to do.

I hope everyone finds that place in their heart and head that leads them to the plan that works for them.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Ok girls---the turkey diet, the fish diet, the chicken diet, the whatever else diet you girls are thinking of---they are all Stillmans, pure and simple.
Stillmans is a nearly zero carb, protein only plan. The less you eat, the less you vere from the plan, the more you lose--simple. It doesn't matter if you eat 2 turkey burgers, 2 salmon fillets, 2 cans of tuna---it's still Stillmans.
I'm sorry if this is sounding harsh but really you're all making a huge deal of it-cycling 3 days with this and 2 days with the other. You're overthinking it way too much.
Eat protein only and you will lose-fast. You won't go into starvation mode because you are in ketosis-that is fat burning and muscle preserving.
It's not rocket science peeps--and it doesn't need to be tweaked. The science proves it works!!
I guess what you are saying is if it is not broke .... why fix it ?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

We all have one goal here .... We all want to lose weight .... Good , and that is what we are here for , to support one amother .... It so happens that if one of us starts losing a great deal of weight it only makes sense to ask how .... If they share
the information we decide upon ourselves if it is WOE that is acceptable for ourselves .... I value everyones opinion here , & I think
each of us has something to offer.... I hope we can all reach our goals and look back at all this and be proud and say
we did it !!!!

we ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
You are totally right! And what you're saying makes complete sense. But I think the whole purpose of trying out the cycling of different forms of Stillmans is just to find the right combination that works for each person. For instance, Erin had the most success with turkey burgers, whereas SrfrGirl got a lot better results with fish, and you basically reached your goal just following the overall diet, right? Even though it's all Stillmans, all high protein and low carb, it works differently for each person. It's exciting to see someone who has found a method that provides great results for them so it's worth a try to see if it could also work the same way for someone else if they are stalling or having trouble getting into a routine. The turkey burgers haven't given me the same results as other people, so I'm still trying different things to see what works for me. It's easier to stick to if you have a set thing that you eat everyday, and it's easier not to veer off plan completely if you have days where you can be a little more liberal with your food choices but still stay low carb. I think that's what's behind all the new craze, really--we all just want to get to our goal!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
We all have one goal here .... We all want to lose weight .... Good , and that is what we are here for , to support one amother .... It so happens that if one of us starts losing a great deal of weight it only makes sense to ask how .... If they share
the information we decide upon ourselves if it is WOE that is acceptable for ourselves .... I value everyones opinion here , & I think
each of us has something to offer.... I hope we can all reach our goals and look back at all this and be proud and say
we did it !!!!

we ....
Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Typing from andoid ... They say smart phone lol it isnt being so helpful all the typos .... Sorry
Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I wonder how many forum lurkers live in your area, buying up all the turkey burgers.
Right?? Haha. I swear, last time I went there they had the lean and the extra lean ones! This time they didn't have any.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ! Lil lav !
Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I'm cycling Stillmans with Atkins every 3-4 days for a change up and I know I'll get in more calories on the atkins days. I was supposed to wait for my LC pizza tomorrow but I ended up having an atkins day. Whatareyagonnado huh? Oh well, I'm deciding right now that I'm ok with it..so that means I can enjoy dinner without any more guilt. If I ever find any magic combination that melts the weight off I'll be sure to share! It's really helpful to read about what everyones different foods are and how it affects them.

Woke up -.8 from yesterdays weight. I'll take any little bit!

Last edited by Phase; 06-08-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Today 's menu water .... 2 H.B.E for a.m mid day espresso 2 _ lunch tuna with 2H.B.E mixed in and mustard more
water.... Dinner I just had 2 turkey sausages and grilled shrimp on the barbie .... I am having friends over to learn or improve their belly dancing routine ..... the skinny ones will be drinking wine the rest of us crystal lite mojitos enjoy
yourselves .... Monday it is back on the wagon for us .... ::
Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I'm cycling Stillmans with Atkins every 3-4 days for a change up and I know I'll get in more calories on the atkins days. I was supposed to wait for my LC pizza tomorrow but I ended up having an atkins day. Whatareyagonnado huh? Oh well, I'm deciding right now that I'm ok with it..so that means I can enjoy dinner without any more guilt. If I ever find any magic combination that melts the weight off I'll be sure to share! It's really helpful to read about what everyones different foods are and how it affects them.

Woke up -.8 from yesterdays weight. I'll take any little bit!
That is an awesome attitude to have Phase .... I think I am going Atkins tomorrow as I had previously planned steak and strawberry salad .... :: & I am ok with it ....
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Just sneaking in to see how everyone is doing. I am still chowing on meat. I want to shed as much flubber as I can by July 14th.
I have been enjoying the turkey burgers, it is a nice change from the chicken breast and tuna I was eating everyday.

We went to costco and bought a huge salmon slab that I am going to grill up this weekend on my wood plank things. I am looking forward to it.

I am off to put my spawn to bed and finish reading my book.

g'night!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
No loss for me today. I think I'll try the fish next week. I only have two turkey burgers left anyway and I couldn't find any at the Safeway I went to yesterday for some reason! So I got some shrimp instead and I'll make today a turkey/seafood combination day. The thing with me about shrimp is my favorite part is the sauce...give me some cocktail sauce with it and I'll devour a whole platter of shrimp! Otherwise, I don't usually care for it too much unless it's cooked really well. So I've gotta try to keep it low on the sauce today.

SrfrGirl, and anyone else who is doing the fish diet: what kind of fish do you use? Do you alternate kinds on different days, or do you try to stick to the same kind everyday? I'm not really a fan of white fish, but I think I'll have to try to like it because I don't think I can eat salmon and tuna everyday. Also, do you marinate it or add any herbs or do you just eat it plain?

Salmon is higher in fat and calories that white fish like Talapia, halibut and the like. I grill or cook (bake) in parchment paper with herbs and black pepper. Sometimes lemon. I eat different fish different days. I eat tuna when I'm at work.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I just finished Day 4, and I can't get over how easy this is! When I tried Stillman's last time, I tried to make it too complicated & with too much variety. It's still way early in the game for me (I plan on doing this for 2-3 months, or however long it takes me to lose all the weight), but I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

As someone who has been on every diet ever, food and meal planning has always been taking up a lot of my headspace. Now I don't think about it: if I'm hungry, I eat some meat/eggs, drink some water, and the hunger goes away for hours. My cravings are totally gone, & I think it's because of how plainly I'm eating. I'm also feeling really good! I have energy, I'm not battling hunger pains, I'm not having these internal debates over what I should or shouldn't be eating. This is great!

How's everyone else feeling?

--Milo
Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
I'm still hanging in there. After 9 days of pure Stillman's we were ready for a break, so we had Atkins-lush meal for dinner last night (Ribeye steaks, salad, blueberries w/cream.) We did eat Stillman's all day up until dinner time. We thought about going out to eat, but honestly, it just seems like everytime we go out there's "hidden carbs" and we end up gaining several lbs. for a day or two even when we thought we ate really clean. So we ate at home, and had complete control of every carb we ate. I'd much rather choose to consume carbs like fresh blueberries, than accidentally eat added carbs because the restaurant puts sugar in the salad dressing, or uses sugar-rub for the steak seasoning

Well, the cooking-at-home seemed to be a good plan, because even with all that fat in that loverly-marbeled steak, as well as the large quantity of food, I was only up .6 lbs this morning...way better than I would have done with a restaurant meal. I suspect that .6 will disappear today as I'm back on pure Stillman's today with my HB eggs for breakfast, and chicken breast for lunch.

I was afraid I'd have a hard time going back to Stillman's this morning...I even really debated whether or not to get on the scale this morning. But I just decided it was important to KNOW what eating one high fat Atkins meal would do (total carbs for the day was still under 25 net.) And it was actually a relief to see such a small "gain"...which I'm fairly certain will just be eliminated today, KWIM.

So back to my yummy (ha ha) chicken breast, turkey burgers, lean gr. beef, etc. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy your foods if you're cycling Atkins...and enjoy your losses if you're sticking with Stillman's.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I just finished Day 4, and I can't get over how easy this is! When I tried Stillman's last time, I tried to make it too complicated & with too much variety. It's still way early in the game for me (I plan on doing this for 2-3 months, or however long it takes me to lose all the weight), but I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

As someone who has been on every diet ever, food and meal planning has always been taking up a lot of my headspace. Now I don't think about it: if I'm hungry, I eat some meat/eggs, drink some water, and the hunger goes away for hours. My cravings are totally gone, & I think it's because of how plainly I'm eating. I'm also feeling really good! I have energy, I'm not battling hunger pains, I'm not having these internal debates over what I should or shouldn't be eating. This is great!

--Milo

again Milo to LCf .... I am very glad that you are happy with you're WOE .... Everyone is very supportive here ! As you read through everyone's post you will notice that we all have many ways of following Stillmans and low carb meal plans .... also, some of us do daily weigh in's while some do not.... even our exercise plans differ, it is very interesting the knowledge you will attain on exercises and weight loss tips .... I wish you luck and congratulations on a successful 4 days of Stillmans !!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chickyboo
Stats: 196/180/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: June 2, 2012
Well, I'm impressed. One week on Stillman's and I'm down 15 lbs. So I'm one happy girl. Way to go to everyone else who's shedding weight. Enjoy your weekend!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I'm still hanging in there. After 9 days of pure Stillman's we were ready for a break, so we had Atkins-lush meal for dinner last night (Ribeye steaks, salad, blueberries w/cream.) We did eat Stillman's all day up until dinner time. We thought about going out to eat, but honestly, it just seems like everytime we go out there's "hidden carbs" and we end up gaining several lbs. for a day or two even when we thought we ate really clean. So we ate at home, and had complete control of every carb we ate. I'd much rather choose to consume carbs like fresh blueberries, than accidentally eat added carbs because the restaurant puts sugar in the salad dressing, or uses sugar-rub for the steak seasoning

Well, the cooking-at-home seemed to be a good plan, because even with all that fat in that loverly-marbeled steak, as well as the large quantity of food, I was only up .6 lbs this morning...way better than I would have done with a restaurant meal. I suspect that .6 will disappear today as I'm back on pure Stillman's today with my HB eggs for breakfast, and chicken breast for lunch.

I was afraid I'd have a hard time going back to Stillman's this morning...I even really debated whether or not to get on the scale this morning. But I just decided it was important to KNOW what eating one high fat Atkins meal would do (total carbs for the day was still under 25 net.) And it was actually a relief to see such a small "gain"...which I'm fairly certain will just be eliminated today, KWIM.

So back to my yummy (ha ha) chicken breast, turkey burgers, lean gr. beef, etc. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy your foods if you're cycling Atkins...and enjoy your losses if you're sticking with Stillman's.

What a delicious Atkins meal you enjoyed ! And I think going back to Stillmans WOE is easy it wipes it all out ha ! ha ! ... I am doing Atkins for today .... New York strip steak with a strawberry side salad .... Breakfast scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and low sodium bacon .... If I snack which I probably will it will be almonds roasted no salt .... and water lots with lemon its good for you especially when you are consuming higher fat in the diet .... Enjoy your weekend !
Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickyboo View Post
Well, I'm impressed. One week on Stillman's and I'm down 15 lbs. So I'm one happy girl. Way to go to everyone else who's shedding weight. Enjoy your weekend!
Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #263
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm off to a picnic. I'll be able to stay low carb, but not low fat. I'm going to be able to do pure Stillman's starting on Tuesday - no eating obligations for a few weeks!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

I love checking in and seeing how well people are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post

--Milo
I am happy this is working for you. It can be so easy for you once ketosis sets in. Hungry and cravings gone, energy and you feel great! Stick with it. Losing weight is such a mental battle. You seem to be winning it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I'm still hanging in there. After 9 days of pure Stillman's we were ready for a break, so we had Atkins-lush meal for dinner last night (Ribeye steaks, salad, blueberries w/cream.) We did eat Stillman's all day up until dinner time.
I think it is actually helpful to the diet when you go off once in awhile. When I am behaving I do it about every 2 weeks. It seems to re energize your body to lose more. Good job with only doing one meal at home and getting right back on.

Quote:
wow that is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I'm off to a picnic. I'll be able to stay low carb, but not low fat. I'm going to be able to do pure Stillman's starting on Tuesday - no eating obligations for a few weeks!
Have a fabulous time, Mim!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I should have added that I am still doing great. Staying on plan.
I will get on the scale on Sunday then weigh weekly. I can't wait till the end of the month.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

I was planning on going bike riding with the boyfriend .... It seems my bicycle has lost air and the pump I own fits only standard valves and of course, my bicycle has a presta valve sweet .... And the only place that has it is the sports store at the mall .... Well, mall plus weekends and me, do not mix .... I will be doing extra walking today and this evening, after dinner .... This WOE to keep losing weight for me works best as I keep moving maybe my metabolism is just big pain in the xxx ! I will weigh myself on Tuesday and see if I am any closer to a new lower decade .... I plan on keeping the portions as near perfect .... As I did for breakfast low sodium bacon 2 strips not four, five .... 10 ha ! I love bacon .... I did as the pkg said 2 slices is a serving for one person oh, I was good I used only a tspn of butter to scramble my eggs I used to not bother measuring .... I think these little changes help, and as I teach my body to eat the proper servings. I will eventually be able to just walk it off ....
Old 06-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I guess I should have added that I am still doing great. Staying on plan.
I will get on the scale on Sunday then weigh weekly. I can't wait till the end of the month.
great for you Bratty !!!! I am trying my best not to be scale obsessed ....
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
incredible!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Mehh boyfriend was tired after coming home from a long week and talked me into ordering chinese food for dinner. I had a little bit and now I'm up 1 lb this morning. That's the furthest I've strayed from Stillmans since I started April 30th so I was hoping not to see much of a gain but considering that the rest of the weekend I was going to eat off plan, I feel bad about it now. If I wasn't so excited to cook both the meals I planned, I would not make Sunday an off day...but agh, I've been looking forward to it all week. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad come Monday.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

I was looking at my weight loss log that I've been keeping and it looks like I lost the most frequently (at least 1 lb every other day, sometimes more) toward the end of May when I was eating an egg for breakfast every morning and then making low carb recipes that stick to Stillmans as much as possible (always meat, no veggies or fruits except maybe some onion or something, and never over 5 carbs). It doesn't really make sense scientifically but I wonder if eating 0 carbs stalls me. Maybe I need a couple carbs to lose. Plus eating breakfast seems to help kickstart my metabolism so maybe that's why the Fast Five wasn't very effective for me either. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me and I constantly change my mind about my methods. I think next week instead of just eating fish, I'll try mixing it up a little with low carb recipes again (including fish to see if it helps).
Closed Thread