Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chickyboo
Stats: 196/180/140
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: June 2, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
The first week or so actually is water weight, so you can expect to lose 10-15 lbs in the first week and around 5 per week after that, according to Dr. Stillman. The more you have to lose, the more you will lose in the beginning. I lost about 7 lbs in the first week, but I only had 35 lbs to lose. So that being said, I lost 1/5 of the weight I needed to lose in the first week. According to your stats, you had 56 lbs to lose... 10 lbs is a little less than 1/5 of that 56 lbs so I think it's safe to expect to lose another couple lbs this week (it may start slowing down) and you'll be at about the same ratio. Sounds like you're just sticking to it perfectly! Keep up the good work.
Thank you so much for you quick reply, greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I am in better spirits today because I was down to 148 flat when I woke up! That's about a 1.6 lb loss. Close enough to 2 lbs for me, I'll take it! The only big difference between yesterday and the day before was that I didn't go to the gym yesterday. Maybe that is what's stalling me. I'm going to go today, though, just for some cardio and no weights. I don't want to get out of the habit of going because I've made a lot of progress. :/ So maybe if the cardio doesn't stall me, I'll just focus on more cardio and less weights from now on.
Also, I'm going to start eating in a Fast Five window today. I think my hours will be 2 pm - 7 pm. I just can't wait until 5 pm to start eating, I'd rather eat during the day and I don't usually eat after 7 pm anyway unless for whatever reason I'm having a late dinner. I'll do the Fast Five/turkey burger diet until Friday and then have two off days over the weekend. Then back to Fast Five/turkey burgers for another 5 days. Hopefully I'll only have to do it for one or two more weeks before I get close enough to my goal that I can just start trying to eat healthy and exercise to lose my last 3 or 4 lbs. I was thinking of doing something more along the lines of the "Inches Off Diet" and add in some meat once or twice a week when I get down to 138ish so that I can lose the inches that I haven't seen go yet. I hope to start that by July 1st so that I can have 3 weeks to trim off inches and hopefully lose 3 more lbs (I think 1 lb a week sounds reasonable if I keep my calories around 1200, my carbs under 100g, and exercise 3-4 times a week) before I leave for my big trip on July 23rd.
That is great news !!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you have a good plan going there lil lav !

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-06-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! Day 3 of the Turkey diet and down another three pounds! It is getting difficult and I'm starting to see why Angel only does three days at a time lol. I was wondering if vinegar is allowed on the Turkey diet? I used garlic vinegar as sort of a dipping sauce for my turkey burgers lol.
I would see if it hinders your weight loss .... Sometimes you can get away with a lil of the extras that have lil to next to nothing in carbs .... In my case I drink 2-4 cups of espresso on my turkey meal plan days .... straight up black , sure they be small cups however, coffee does contain a trace of carbs ....
Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow it's a losing frenzy here..........go losers!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

I had my 1/2 lb. of ground turkey burger for dinner & I am full .... Oh, I am looking so forward to my H.B Eggs for breakfast tomorrow lol I am so tired the chicken breast & turkey .... I am looking forward to a juicy steak low carb meal for Saturday .... Oh, and Shrimp fra diavlo on Sunday ! I watched man vs food and I chuckle he's looking mighty plump there he may need the turkey meal plan soon !
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

I am going to down some more water .... Go for my walk, I take my lil 3lb pooch lola with me ....
I want to be in lower decade by the end of June .... I am on my android now and texting can be a bit of a challenge
Old 06-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

I have a low carb strawberry salad recipe .... And grilled steak for Saturday .... I would start giving some thought
for a healthy meal plan.... I am doing my belly dance routine on Friday .... I still have not forgotten I need to purchase a hoola hoop this weekend .... Oh, and I read a glass of wine and dark chocolate is considered healthy ....
I love that concept ....
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Yay Lavender !!!! I'm so glad you had a loss today!!

I'm so glad my turkey burger plan is working for you guys! Once you get closer to goal you may want to alternate weeks or use turkey burger days every other day and replace the other day with a regular Stillmans day. You don't want to let your body get used to it.

Keep cycling!

Cycle the cardio too - and weight training definitely holds the water and stimulates appetite.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Ahhh, just ate 1/2 c of cottage cheese on my first Turkey day...

Considering the food I have to be around in my house, if that's my only "cheat", I'll take it.

Will try again tomorrow.

Oh, & first time having Kirland turkey patties. They're great! Extra lean was no joke! Not one drip of liquid seeped out of the Forman grill!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
OMG! I stopped doing the Silly Erin Turkey theory and gone straight Stillmans with fish and have lost much more weight! I am so happy and feel amazing! Adding the FF cheese has really helped, as well as fish added, and for some reason the weight is falling off. Not sure why but Stillman knows his stuff.
This really works!
My metabolisim has taken off. I guess we are all different! Bikini shopping now. Doing weight training with the boyfriend. Finally updated my weight stats.
My foods:

Eggs
Tuna
Mahi Mahi
Halibut
FF cheese
My local whole foods grocery makes fish patties so I am buying those instead of Jennie-o turkey.

My old bikini was too loose at the beach while surfing. Need a new one. Hooray!

I'm going to keep on. This is magic. It works! works works!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #192
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
OMG! I stopped doing the Silly Erin Turkey theory and gone straight Stillmans with fish and have lost much more weight! I am so happy and feel amazing! Adding the FF cheese has really helped, as well as fish added, and for some reason the weight is falling off. Not sure why but Stillman knows his stuff.
This really works!
My metabolisim has taken off. I guess we are all different! Bikini shopping now. Doing weight training with the boyfriend. Finally updated my weight stats.
My foods:

Eggs
Tuna
Mahi Mahi
Halibut
FF cheese
My local whole foods grocery makes fish patties so I am buying those instead of Jennie-o turkey.

I lose best eating fish too!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #193
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! And sigh. I have a picnic I have to go to on Saturday. Again, it will be easy to be low carb but not low fat, and not the close to zero carbs I need to be on in order to lose. But the good news is that after Saturday, I don't have anymore meetings/events that will involve food! I am going to a graduation party in mid June but no one will notice if I'm eating, and I only have to make an appearance, so I won't stay long enough to get hungry! I'm off to my breakfast meeting - have a great day everyone!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to all of u losers! I am down 3 lbs this morning a total of 7lbs in 3 days .... I am at the half way mark down to a new lower decade ! my neighbor said I am shrinking before her eyes .... I did just walking yesterday
too .... I am doing strict Stillmans today .... I would try more fish to lose weight but I only really care for seafood
oh. me and my shrimps lol I say whatever works for you guys to lose go for it !!!! I am just glad that I have not stalled this month !!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Wow Mim! I think fish is great!

Angelstill, Hooray! I'm so happy! Your weightloss is amazing!

I love shrimp too, and they are very low in cals/carbs/fat.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 06-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Shrimp
Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I am doing it!!!!! At the end of week one!! I have waaaaaaaay too much junk back there so eh I'm hoping for the exact opposite result!
If I'm honest I don't really like it. Bum bum is good, Sculpt is good and high and tight is boring and I can't stand Cardio Axe.!!!
I'm doing it especially for my backside. All of my fat is on my butt, back and my arms.my arms are toned(well triceps not so much!) but still way too big for my liking, my butt is actually high-I passed the pencil test! Believe me I nearly fainted! It's just a big ole 'bubble butt' though. And I swear I have mire fat on my back than anywhere on my stomach.
It's got nothing on Insanity though-and Leandro isn't a patch on the very lovely Shaun T
That's awesome! Trust me it sucks when you have absolutely nothing especially in dresses it never looks right. I just want a little something.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
This really works!
My foods:

Eggs
Tuna
Mahi Mahi
Halibut
FF cheese

Wow SrfrGirl, what GREAT progress! Have you lost from 170 to 138 just doing Stillmans?? And only since May 20?

Trader Joes has these awesome salmon burgers, they are not high in fat either- just a few grams I think. I am going to pick some of those up today!

Last edited by Kiley2801; 06-07-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hmm I haven't quite gotten the same results as you guys with the turkey burgers (maybe because I'm so close to my goal?) but I was down .4 today, which puts me at 147.6! It's helped break my stall so I'm okay with it. Maybe it was because of the cardio. I'm not working out today so we'll see if it brings more loss for me tomorrow before my planned off weekends. If I can get to 145 by Saturday, I'd be so happy! Making low carb eggplant parmasean on Saturday and low carb chicken rollatini stuffed with zucchini and skim mozzarella cheese on Sunday! I can't wait to cook again!

And congratulations to the losers! We're doing it, guys!

Last edited by littlelavender; 06-07-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
Start Date: September 2 2014
wow The fat is flying off everyone. Congrats to you all.

I did not get on the scale this morning. Had a weird schedule getting the kids out the door and I drank a ton of water. This is day 3 of the turkey. Yesterday was MUCH easier than the first. I am going to go open up my window in about 15 minutes.

I am thinking about not getting on the scale till the end of the month and just be surprised. I am afraid of a fluctuation or small stall throwing me off if I weigh in everyday. I get discouraged too easy right now.

Man vs Food is an awesome show. I am half amazed and half grossed out watching him. I watched a marathon once and was surprised at how thin he was eating like that. As the episodes went by I just watched him get plumper and plumper. He should do stillman between seasons of filming.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
That's awesome! Trust me it sucks when you have absolutely nothing especially in dresses it never looks right. I just want a little something.
i soooooo would give you some of mine!! I think the opposite--a flat butt looks great in dresses--cos a big one just sticks out, you can't tell whether it's toned or not-just looks fat!.....ok though I've really really never got the whole 'i wanna J-Lo butt' thing though!! I guess I just like everywhere small and flat--I'd never have breast implants!! even though I'm an A cup, if I go down to a 32-then a B, if I wear a very tight top sometimes I think whoa-where did those babies come from!!...and believe me I never like it!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

In Man versus food---do they just sit there eating like hige amounts of food??!! Like hotdog eating comps!! ....i sooooooo could do that with choc--I would win every time peeps!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Wow SrfrGirl, what GREAT progress! Have you lost from 170 to 138 just doing Stillmans?? And only since May 20?

Trader Joes has these awesome salmon burgers, they are not high in fat either- just a few grams I think. I am going to pick some of those up today!
I wanna know too----cos OMG I think they're the best results I've ever seen!!

And i loooooooooooooooove salmon!!! Could eat it all day every day!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Lil lav if you are not getting results with the turkey, then try the fish diet SrFr Girl lost 32 lbs as of May 20 th .... Something fishy may just work for you !!!! I am about to grow feathers with all the turkey I have been eating .... Today is Strict Stillmans today B- 2 H.B eggs mid day espresso L- Tuna Dinner something lean have not decided yet .... I am looking forward to the weekend .... Here is low carb creamy shrimp fra diavlo recipe ....

Creamy Shrimp Fra Diavolo

1 lb. large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined and de-tailed
1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp kosher salt
3-6 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 Tbl. tomato paste
1/2 C. white wine (or chicken stock)
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 C. heavy cream
2 Tbl. chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
2 Tbl. chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Toss shrimp with 1 tsp. kosher salt and the red pepper flakes. Heat 3 Tbl. olive oil in a heavy saucepan and saute shrimp for 2-3 minutes, or until they are pink. Set them aside on a plate.
In the remaining oil and drippings, saute the onions with an additional tablespoon or two of olive oil until they are very tender and slightly caramelized, about 5-10 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute a minute more. Add in tomatoes with their juice, white wine, tomato paste and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Stir in cream and heat 1 minute. Add in shrimp with their drippings on the plate and stir, heating 1 minute to meld the flavors. Finish by stirring in the parsley, basil and parmesean cheese. Garnish with additional parmesean cheese and enjoy!
Serves 4

(addition: you could also pan fry some cremini mushrooms and stir these in with the herbs and cheese at the very end. Then give a slight squeeze of fresh lemon and enjoy even more veggies!)

Posted in Cooking | Tagged creamy, dinner, low-carb, quick, recipe, shrimp fra diavolo

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

I am making the Creamy Shrimp Fradiavlo on Sunday it is very spicy .... It can be made with different kinds of fish too even salmon .... Saturday is Rib eye Steak and strawberry salad .... sliced strawberries, toasted almonds, low fat mozzarella cheese shreds mixed with romaine and topped with sugar free raspberry dressing ..... It makes being good all week worth it .... and it is all healthy low carb yayyyyyy !!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Wow Angel that menu sounds so yummy!! I'm going to make a low carb chicken pizza with white sauce and tomato on saturday! Yay! I'm not hating the turkey yet though. When I do get sick of it I'm going to switch to fish for a few days then back again. I did a few minutes of exercise this a.m. but I think I really need to step it up to maintain any kind of loss.
Down 1.8 lbs this morning.. dropped 2 after the first morning so that's got me feeling jazzed.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Sorry I just haven't had time to catch up lately. Busy with my son's graduation and then had several people call in sick so we had some midnight shifts to fill on top of my full time job. I think I will be sleeping the next few days away. . .had a few rough days but I'm back on today. . Holding myself accountable. Even had a plan for a Mexican lunch today but then was stood up. Luckily I always pack my meat!! so no worries.. meat and salad. .the breakfast/lunch of champions. I skipped breakfast so I would have enough wiggle room. . Ahhhh. .

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to catch up. . TTFN
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
wow The fat is flying off everyone. Congrats to you all.

I did not get on the scale this morning. Had a weird schedule getting the kids out the door and I drank a ton of water. This is day 3 of the turkey. Yesterday was MUCH easier than the first. I am going to go open up my window in about 15 minutes.

I am thinking about not getting on the scale till the end of the month and just be surprised. I am afraid of a fluctuation or small stall throwing me off if I weigh in everyday. I get discouraged too easy right now.

Man vs Food is an awesome show. I am half amazed and half grossed out watching him. I watched a marathon once and was surprised at how thin he was eating like that. As the episodes went by I just watched him get plumper and plumper. He should do stillman between seasons of filming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Wow Angel that menu sounds so yummy!! I'm going to make a low carb chicken pizza with white sauce and tomato on saturday! Yay! I'm not hating the turkey yet though. When I do get sick of it I'm going to switch to fish for a few days then back again. I did a few minutes of exercise this a.m. but I think I really need to step it up to maintain any kind of loss.
Down 1.8 lbs this morning.. dropped 2 after the first morning so that's got me feeling jazzed.
Bratty thank you ! I have a feeling you will be very happy once you weigh yourself again .... And as I mentioned to others if the turkey meal plan is not working , find a WOE that works for you ! As of this morning I heard some amazing weight loss results with fish ....

Awwww Phase that is awesome and please, share the low carb chicken pizza recipe .... it sounds soooo yummy ! I cannot wait for this weekend to enjoy foods with more flavour !!!! I am just very nervous that I may go over board and over indulge .... I will have to behave ....

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-07-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Sorry I just haven't had time to catch up lately. Busy with my son's graduation and then had several people call in sick so we had some midnight shifts to fill on top of my full time job. I think I will be sleeping the next few days away. . .had a few rough days but I'm back on today. . Holding myself accountable. Even had a plan for a Mexican lunch today but then was stood up. Luckily I always pack my meat!! so no worries.. meat and salad. .the breakfast/lunch of champions. I skipped breakfast so I would have enough wiggle room. . Ahhhh. .

Hopefully I'll have time tonight to catch up. . TTFN
Congratulations to your son on his graduation !!!! I miss seeing you here, after all you were one of the very first on here to support me during the rough beginnings ....
Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Angelstill I found the recipe in this site! Here's the link. I can't wait to try it!
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza - inspired by Papa Murphy's - LowCarbFriends Recipes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Angelstill I found the recipe in this site! Here's the link. I can't wait to try it!
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza - inspired by Papa Murphy's - LowCarbFriends Recipes
ooooh I have saved that one for my next off day. I love love love alfredo pizza.
Closed Thread