Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Hi everyone!

Looks like everyone is doing good! Today is day 1 of my "turkey fast". I've lost 15 pounds since may 1st (really only getting strict these last 2 weeks) and went past my month goal Saturday.

I had my "refeed" on Sunday so I haven't weighed myself yet. I had a salad and made a low carb shepherds pie (cauliflower instead of potatoes). I'm gluten intolerent so no breads. I attempted biscuits made with gluten free flour (garbanzo bean flour from bobs red mill) and they were disgusting. The boys liked them though, and ate them.

I find when I eat the turkey burger plain and for 3-4 consecutive days that everything balances itself and my body works more efficiently. My refeed day never quite completely knocks me out of ketosis and I don't experience next day cravings. As long as I stick to certain rules - I still won't drink sodas or break my fast-5. It's very optimal for me.

A lot of people think I'm extreme (family) because of the "6 meals a day/starvation mode" dogma. I don't believe in either, and think the body actually needs much less calories than what we've all been taught. People who live past 100 credit their VLC diets to their longevity.

The only thing I have against prolonged low-cal or prolonged Stillmans, is its ability to effect the thyroid and hormones (especially for us women). And that's where periodic refeeds come in.

Prolonged low cal CAN effect thyroid hormone. And trust me, you don't want to mess with that. Even Stillman himself doesn't advise his diet for a prolonged period. You follow it to a "T" and take off the weight, and progress to his second phase. There is a reason why he says "if it is not on this list, do not eat or drink it". It's a very sensitive window of foods and additions outside that window will not give you "Stillman results".

The best thing I did was buy his book and read it. It will clarify a LOT.

Anyway, I've told my doctor about my crazy turkey cycling. He's not opposed to it - and knows my running schedule. He is, however, checking my thyroid and other electrolytes (test results next tues, so I'll let you guys know) to make sure everything looks good.

He thinks I'm slightly anemic, and that's my fault - because I don't supplement. I also lack variety in my diet (also my fault) because I don't like fruit, and vegetables are labor intensive to prepare. I guess I'm spoiled cause all I have to do is slap some turkey on the grill.

Although, my gluten intolerences are known to cause malabsorbtion issues. I'm also allergic to oats, and soy. So the turkey limits my allergens from sneaking into my food. Soy is a very hard ingredient to avoid.

Ok, enough ramblings

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Wow you all are chatty this month so far.

It is great to see everyone on plan and doing great. My In-laws are gone and I started my turkey run today. It is a wonderful change from chicken breast and eggs. It will probably take me a few days to get back to my stats. Oh the things I do to my body. Some day I will learn control.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Hellooo everyone!!
I guess I'm jumping on the turkey bandwagon too! After all, all the cool kids are doing it! I was naughty the last few days of my vacation so I'm up some lbs but I think I can kick those pretty quickly. It's a huge relief to be back again, eating out constantly while trying to be good is so stressful!

Would someone tell me the page that the turkey meatball recipe was on? Or re post it please? I remember seeing it but can't find it again and the meatballs I just made are dry and bland.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Hellooo everyone!!
I guess I'm jumping on the turkey bandwagon too! After all, all the cool kids are doing it! I was naughty the last few days of my vacation so I'm up some lbs but I think I can kick those pretty quickly. It's a huge relief to be back again, eating out constantly while trying to be good is so stressful!

Would someone tell me the page that the turkey meatball recipe was on? Or re post it please? I remember seeing it but can't find it again and the meatballs I just made are dry and bland.
1-2 lbs.Ground turkey or ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano and marjoram
pam cooking spray in a skillet

Mix ingredients and make walnut sized meatballs, drop into hot pan. Turn constantly to avoid burning. When all sides are brown, turn down to lowest setting and cover with lid for 8 minutes. Eat.

*I grilled my boyfriend a vinegar & lemon marinated, marbled, ribeye steak last night and he ate half of my meatballs and said they were tastier due to the oregano, than his steak was.

*Some people add egg to meatball mix before cooking
*Some people add 1/4 cup chicken broth to meatballs at simmer stage.
*When on low carb/zero carb, but not Stillman's, parmesan cheese can be added to meatballs before forming.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Soo no loss yet from Day 1 of the turkey burger diet. I'll get all excited to go down a lb but then I'll stay there for a few days til I lose another, so I'm still stuck at 149. Does it usually take a day or two before you see results? I'm just soo close to my goal... I was hoping I could get down to 135 in 3-4 weeks.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Soo no loss yet from Day 1 of the turkey burger diet. I'll get all excited to go down a lb but then I'll stay there for a few days til I lose another, so I'm still stuck at 149. Does it usually take a day or two before you see results? I'm just soo close to my goal... I was hoping I could get down to 135 in 3-4 weeks.
I am sorry no loss yet for you lil lav .... I think you just need to keep trying out different WOE that works for you .... Good Luck ....
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Today Day #2 Turkey Meal Plan ....

B- Water 16 oz vitamins and supplements ....
Mid day - espresso 2 - 4 tiny cups black another 16 oz of water
L- Water
D- Window (5:00 p.m - 10:00 pm ) Extra Lean ground turkey full from 2 turkey burgers ( lets say a half a pound ) .... more water .... and supplements

Tomorrow is final turkey meal plan for this week .... looking forward to my strict Stillmans days for Thursday and Friday ....

I will use some of these low carb meal plans I found, for my weekend healthy way of eating .... and using correct servings per person .... below is a link for some yummy recipes .....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-05-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Low-Carb Diet Menus - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner menus for Atkins, South Beach, Protein Power, and more

I personally like some of the recipes for low carb that I found here ....
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Day 2 of the Turkey Fast Five and down three pounds! It makes the sacrafice completely worth it. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and to those whose scales won't budge congrats on keeping up the good work.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Thank you littlelavender!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hellooo everyone!!

Jump on in !!!! This diet seems to work for most when followed correctly ....
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Day 2 of the Turkey Fast Five and down three pounds! It makes the sacrafice completely worth it. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and to those whose scales won't budge congrats on keeping up the good work.
Yesssss !!!! it is a boring sacrifice for sure but for a needed kick it is a boost .... I mix things up a bit lol because man/woman cannot live on turkey alone .... Good Luck everyone !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Awwww Phase I looooove your new avatar !!!! how cute !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Angelstill! I lost pretty well with regular stillmans but I ended up eating mostly egg drop soup and I'd like to eat more protein so that's why I'm trying the turkey. Fast Five seems to be working well for the people trying that. I don't have a set window but with low carb I naturally end up IFing most days. Going to have to try to "refeed" every few days since I've set a bad pattern of falling off the wagon and gaining all my losses back once I can't stand the strict menu anymore. You guys are inspiring!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Yea the pic makes me want a robot so bad!!! And the picture said his name is Commander CUPCAKE!

Last edited by Phase; 06-05-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Angelstill! I lost pretty well with regular stillmans but I ended up eating mostly egg drop soup and I'd like to eat more protein so that's why I'm trying the turkey. Fast Five seems to be working well for the people trying that. I don't have a set window but with low carb I naturally end up IFing most days. Going to have to try to "refeed" every few days since I've set a bad pattern of falling off the wagon and gaining all my losses back once I can't stand the strict menu anymore. You guys are inspiring!
Very important to re-feed .... I added a link for healthy low -carb meal plans .... I have modified my weekend meals which are off plan days , I have added steel cut oatmeal to my breakfast menu .... also a wonderful grain Quinoa is amazingly high in protein, very healthy and although it has carbs nevertheless I use Quinoa on my off plan days .... Look for breads, and pasta made with Quinoa . You also may want to stay clear from soy, I have done my share of research and the cons of consuming soy out weigh the pro .... and also if you can stand the taste of green tea, it is a healthy beverage to drink or take as a supplement in tablet form .... I hope I was helpful And I btw love robots as well , I think Wall - E is adorable and back in the day Johnny 5
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

My window just closed. I ate 2 turkey burgers ( 12 ounces total). I am hoping I do not get too hungry before I go to bed in about 7 hours. I should probably try to make my window a little later in the day starting tomorrow.

Quote:
Hellooo everyone!!
Welcome back! Vacation is so hard. I have not been able to get it right yet.
I will get tested in July when we go to the lake for a week. At least there will be lots of grilling going on. So choices will be there. I can just hope I can stay the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Wow you are SO close to your goal. That is so great. Your body will get there. I have heard those last 10 pounds are really tough to get off. I wish you the best luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Today Day #2 Turkey Meal Plan ....

B- Water 16 oz vitamins and supplements ....
Mid day - espresso 2 - 4 tiny cups black another 16 oz of water
L- Water
D- Window (5:00 p.m - 10:00 pm ) Extra Lean ground turkey full from 2 turkey burgers ( lets say a half a pound ) .... more water .... and supplements

Tomorrow is final turkey meal plan for this week .... looking forward to my strict Stillmans days for Thursday and Friday ....

I will use some of these low carb meal plans I found, for my weekend healthy way of eating .... and using correct servings per person .... below is a link for some yummy recipes .....
Do you get heartburn when you just have water and vitamins? It about kills me. I have to wait till I eat to take my supplements.

What is the fat percentage in the turkey you are eating? Mine is 7%. I hope that isn't too high. It is all costco had.

Quote:
Day 2 of the Turkey Fast Five and down three pounds! It makes the sacrifice completely worth it. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and to those whose scales won't budge congrats on keeping up the good work.

way to go on the 3 pounds. It definitely gives you a mental boost.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=BrattyS;15704078]My window just closed. I ate 2 turkey burgers ( 12 ounces total). I am hoping I do not get too hungry before I go to bed in about 7 hours. I should probably try to make my window a little later in the day starting tomorrow.

Wow you are SO close to your goal. That is so great. Your body will get there. I have heard those last 10 pounds are really tough to get off. I wish you the best luck.

Do you get heartburn when you just have water and vitamins? It about kills me. I have to wait till I eat to take my supplements.

What is the fat percentage in the turkey you are eating? Mine is 7%. I hope that isn't too high. It is all costco had.

Apple Cider Vinegar & Heartburn Benefits | LIVESTRONG.COM

I used to suffer from acid reflux .... I used to take a tspn of Braggs organic apple cider vinegar mixed with honey and >poof< it was gone .... however ; being low carb I guess you can mix it up with stevia perhaps because it tastes nasty ....

Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast | Nutritional Information | Jennie-O Turkey Store

This is exactly the turkey I eat .... I hope I was helpful and feel better with the heartburn ....
Old 06-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Thank you thank you thank you!!! The support here is absouletely amazing and the difference it makes to sticking to the plan is big. I am so excited for everyone!!!

I was wondering if anyone know show many calories the jenni-o turkey burgers have? Please and thank you.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Angel for posting that information!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

I do not know whether to laugh or cry .... I am losing weight faster on my left leg than on my right leg .... in the thigh area .... I tried on a pair of pants that I could not get past my upper legs back in December .... They now fit to zip I still need some wiggle room but I definitely have more fat storage on my right thigh .... weird Did this happen to anyone else ????

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-05-2012 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you Angel for posting that information!
You are welcome anytime
Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
I do not know whether to laugh or cry .... I am losing weight faster on my left leg than on my right leg .... in the thigh area .... I tried on a pair of pants that I could not get past my upper legs back in December .... They now fit to zip I still need some wiggle room but I definitely have more fat storage on my right thigh .... weird Did this happen to anyone else ????
I would blame the cut of the pants...I've had clothing that was actually made lop-sided...it wasn't readily apparent just looking at the item, but once it was on there would be a fit issue. I bought a shirt one time...tried on one & really liked the fit, so bought 3 (in different colors) without trying on the other 2 colors. Well 2 of the shirts fit fine, but the 3rd shirt cut into my under-arm area on the left side. I couldn't figure it out until I took a tape measure and measured the left side seam...the left seam was 1.5 inches longer than the right seam so of course it made a smaller armhole!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I would blame the cut of the pants...I've had clothing that was actually made lop-sided...it wasn't readily apparent just looking at the item, but once it was on there would be a fit issue. I bought a shirt one time...tried on one & really liked the fit, so bought 3 (in different colors) without trying on the other 2 colors. Well 2 of the shirts fit fine, but the 3rd shirt cut into my under-arm area on the left side. I couldn't figure it out until I took a tape measure and measured the left side seam...the left seam was 1.5 inches longer than the right seam so of course it made a smaller armhole!
oh, yes that is a possibility .... I will measure my thighs on Friday .... Thank you so much !
Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info Angel. What you are eating is lower fat than mine. About 40-50 calories more per serving. I will just have to suck it up till what I have bought is gone. I will look for the extra lean after that.

As for the apple cider vinegar. I would rather heartburn killed me before I drank that.
I usually just eat a pepcid complete and it takes care of it for the day.

So far I am still not hungry. About 4 more hours to bedtime. I might just make it.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Thanks for the info Angel. What you are eating is lower fat than mine. About 40-50 calories more per serving. I will just have to suck it up till what I have bought is gone. I will look for the extra lean after that.

As for the apple cider vinegar. I would rather heartburn killed me before I drank that.
I usually just eat a pepcid complete and it takes care of it for the day.

So far I am still not hung
ry. About 4 more hours to bedtime. I might just make it.

Yes.... Apple Cider vinegar tastes nasty .... After losing weight I do not get heartburn or acid
reflux .... I am glad you are doing so wel l ! The turkey meal Plan is difficult that is only a meal plan I can follow for 3 days .... Good Luck !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok ladies---with your fast results I'm in on the turkey plan!! It's gonna be difficukt though-Stills I can do---but the no breakkie thing?? Aaaagh!! But I need these results!! My really really tight size 2 skinny jeans don't actually close anymore! Eeek!! Ok gotta say--they fitted for about a month LOL but even when I couldn't actually wear them comfortably the button closed!! Oh it's not funny.
So I'm in!! And deffy back to Callanetics and Bar---i really do love cardio--but I definitely was at my smallest with those two.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The turkey meal Plan is difficult that is only a meal plan I can follow for 3 days ....
So do you refeed every fourth day then? I think refeeds will help me stay on track and keep me from stalling( I hope). Is there much of a gain from those days?

Bratty! Don't even start talking about july! That month is gonna be crazy! Too many birthdays(which means birthday cake) and a holiday too! I wish us both luck!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So do you refeed every fourth day then? I think refeeds will help me stay on track and keep me from stalling( I hope). Is there much of a gain from those days?

Bratty! Don't even start talking about july! That month is gonna be crazy! Too many birthdays(which means birthday cake) and a holiday too! I wish us both luck!
Mon_Wed turkey meal plan
Thur_Fri strict Stillmans
Weekends healthy off plan meals
I left a link for yummy low carb meal plans
Make sure you watch your calories,carbs and fats on off plan days
If you do indulge do an extra turkey meal plan for each day you indulged ....
Drink your water , take vitamins, do as much exercise you can do even walking ....
Remember turkey meal plan is difficult if you feel stressed please, stop and try another WOE
that you can follow comfortable with ....
This is not healthy for long term meal plans .... Turkey does not have calcium so we will need to make sure to start incorporating dairy in our meals low fat of course .... Eat healthy on off plan days .... I want my friends to stay healthy
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Angel! I've just saved the recipe link. My off plan days will be atkins for sure. I know I can do this if I set my mind to it. It's a lot easier than water fasting! Going shortly to buy an exercise step. I've got a zumba dvd that's been collecting dust and my super duper fun hula hoop! So no excuse not to work my tushy off!
Closed Thread