Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #61
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am so proud of myself! The banquet food was horrid but I was able to stay on plan. It was buffet and there was roast beef, ham, green beans, salad. Well, that is what I had. Not low fat or zero carbs, but I was hungry! There were rolls and creamed corn and potatoes but I didn't touch them. I also did not have any cake. I had a moment of thinking I would have an off plan meal, but I knew that I was not strong enough yesterday. And on that note I'm off to the office!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I guess no to the losing with skim milk, because I had a looooot of coffee yesterday and I went up .5 back to 150.5. I am gonna cut all dairy and hope for a big drop. Do you limit the amount of eggs? I know I have read before that someone just did meat for a couple days.
BUMMER! I was hoping you'd have good news with a bit of skim milk
in the coffee. I've been drinking my coffee iced (and using hazelnut coffee, too) in order to change it up because I so miss my cream in hot coffee in the AM. Oh well. Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am so proud of myself! The banquet food was horrid but I was able to stay on plan. It was buffet and there was roast beef, ham, green beans, salad. Well, that is what I had. Not low fat or zero carbs, but I was hungry! There were rolls and creamed corn and potatoes but I didn't touch them. I also did not have any cake. I had a moment of thinking I would have an off plan meal, but I knew that I was not strong enough yesterday. And on that note I'm off to the office!
Good for you. And I think you chose the best path there...staying with Atkins-style-low-carb is WAY BETTER than eating cake
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Busy Thread allready.. .just a quick post. i dont' have time to read but I see that everyone is on task. . That's great. .Keep it up!!! Still Holding strong.. 10 pounds and this is day 20, , time to get moving again. . I'm such a slow girl. .
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
First day on my turkey patty plan! I will let you guys know how it turns out. I'm hoping I get the same results as Erin, I'm not going to weigh myself until Friday. I'm at 207.6, it'd be AMAZING to be out of the 200's on Friday. Fingers crossed. Also I'm thinking of getting the Brazilian Butt Lift dvds, has anyone tried these. I def need more junk in my trunk
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
BUMMER! I was hoping you'd have good news with a bit of skim milk
in the coffee. I've been drinking my coffee iced (and using hazelnut coffee, too) in order to change it up because I so miss my cream in hot coffee in the AM. Oh well. Someday.

Good for you. And I think you chose the best path there...staying with Atkins-style-low-carb is WAY BETTER than eating cake
Oooooh hazelnut iced coffe---I'm literally drooling!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well done you!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Busy Thread allready.. .just a quick post. i dont' have time to read but I see that everyone is on task. . That's great. .Keep it up!!! Still Holding strong.. 10 pounds and this is day 20, , time to get moving again. . I'm such a slow girl. .
Ah but that is half a pound a day!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
First day on my turkey patty plan! I will let you guys know how it turns out. I'm hoping I get the same results as Erin, I'm not going to weigh myself until Friday. I'm at 207.6, it'd be AMAZING to be out of the 200's on Friday. Fingers crossed. Also I'm thinking of getting the Brazilian Butt Lift dvds, has anyone tried these. I def need more junk in my trunk
I am doing it!!!!! At the end of week one!! I have waaaaaaaay too much junk back there so eh I'm hoping for the exact opposite result!
If I'm honest I don't really like it. Bum bum is good, Sculpt is good and high and tight is boring and I can't stand Cardio Axe.!!!
I'm doing it especially for my backside. All of my fat is on my butt, back and my arms.my arms are toned(well triceps not so much!) but still way too big for my liking, my butt is actually high-I passed the pencil test! Believe me I nearly fainted! It's just a big ole 'bubble butt' though. And I swear I have mire fat on my back than anywhere on my stomach.
It's got nothing on Insanity though-and Leandro isn't a patch on the very lovely Shaun T

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 183.2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov. 2014
I am going to start Stillman's today. I have been doing Atkins and lost 15 lbs but it's slow, sometimes I don't lose at all, and I want to take the weight OFF. I have Stillman's Book and Atkins New Diet Revolution, love them both.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Hello Everyone !!!! I am back on plan today after enjoying wonderful meals that did no damage .... I think my stomach shrunk because I felt full right a way and had no room for desserts .... Water nourishes the the cells in our bodies upoun rising .... I start my day with 16 oz of water, then vitamins and supplements do not forget lutein is very good for healthy vision as we get older .... I had my mid day espresso and drinking plenty of water .... My window opens at 5 p.m. to 10:00 p.m .... but in that span of time, I only eat two turkey burgers .... I will do my exercise and drink water as needed and hopefully expect a 2 lb a day weight loss .... It is a game of "weight" and see .... Nothing feels better than clothes that were once tight getting looser .... not even nutella !!!!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I guess no to the losing with skim milk, because I had a looooot of coffee yesterday and I went up .5 back to 150.5. I am gonna cut all dairy and hope for a big drop. Do you limit the amount of eggs? I know I have read before that someone just did meat for a couple days.
I also see people doing meat-only...even see several trying the only-plain-turkey-patty version. We may have to do that at some point if we stall on what we're doing, but we really prefer having a little variety if at all possible.

Hubby & I just re-started Stillman's last week, and so far, we're losing well without restricting meats/eggs too much. Hubby has lost 2.5 lbs. in 5 days, I've lost 4 lbs. in 5 days. We're eating 3-4 hardboiled eggs per day, as well as eating unrestricted lean meats (eat-til-satisfied)

We had been doing Atkins since March 6, and had done well with that for a couple of months, but May was a wash-out for both of us (stalled, even though no cheats at all.) We've done both Atkins and Stillman's before...a few years ago we had the same pattern with losing&Stalling on Atkins and successfully broke the stall with Stillman's so we're back at it.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Hello Everyone !!!! I am back on plan today after enjoying wonderful meals that did no damage .... I think my stomach shrunk because I felt full right a way and had no room for desserts .... Water nourishes the the cells in our bodies upoun rising .... I start my day with 16 oz of water, then vitamins and supplements do not forget lutein is very good for healthy vision as we get older .... I had my mid day espresso and drinking plenty of water .... My window opens at 5 p.m. to 10:00 p.m .... but in that span of time, I only eat two turkey burgers .... I will do my exercise and drink water as needed and hopefully expect a 2 lb a day weight loss .... It is a game of "weight" and see .... Nothing feels better than clothes that were once tight getting looser .... not even nutella !!!!

WOW! That's less than 400 calories a day...is this an IF type plan you're doing? If so, how many days in a row do you do this regimen?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Hello everyone! I am starting my combination stillman fast five today window's from 11-4 thanks Angel and everyone for all the information looking forward to being a part of this thread. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Makeme!!!! How are the street paries?! Yeah Kate looked lovely--and thin as ever!!
I'm prob not bikini ready yet either!! Lol! But I figure I've got about 6 weeks before the hols! And it's more like the Kelly Brooke ones in New Look--high waisted bottoms covering up the backside!
Jealous that you can pretty much eat what you want!! Wish I was there....!!
Oh I went to a great one on Saturday and I live 3 mins from the river so got to see the boats yesterday. I bet you look great in your bikini - you are too hard on yourself Gt! Yes well, remember I do not have a sweet tooth so maybe that has something to do with it and I rarely touch bread or pasta and if I do its just small amounts. I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and I ate cake, lots of cake() but still did not gain but I guess if I was at it all the time it would be a different story.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WOW! That's less than 400 calories a day...is this an IF type plan you're doing? If so, how many days in a row do you do this regimen?
Oh yes it is low calorie for sure .... I lose two lbs. a day and oh , it is so very boring I have tried many different lean meat recipes, as well as eggs and some cottage cheese for Stillmans and lost weight at about a pound a day .... Then I entered a stall and I felt frustrated. I want a QWL .... And my only turkey meal plan that I follow is for 3 days. It jump starts the fat burning process, then on the 4th day I do a strict Stillman plan, and on the weekend I eat whatever I want .... This weekend was so yummy that I went right back on plan today knowing I can enjoy healthy meals; real meals to live on and not gain or lose over the weekend .... I did not feel a need to, nor did I want to over eat .... Because we all know that we want to lose the fat as quickly as possible but teach our bodies in the process that we need to have our healthy meals to live .... I am going to reduce my healthy meal plan to speed up my weight loss .... I want to reach my goal weight and in doing so rid my body of the previous bad habits of overeating and to feel full with adequate food portions .... This weight loss forum is greatly helpful and we are all here for advice , support ect .... The turkey diet may work for some of us and not for others .... As individuals we can use our own judgement as to what will work best for our weight loss needs .... We all became overweight differently, so how could one expect us to follow one specific ideal plan that will work the exact same way for all, regardless of the conditions that led us to where we presently are? .... We can definitely try the original plan, and see what we may safely modify within the Stillman WOE .... I did stall with cottage cheese, while another may not .... I hope this was helpful
Old 06-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}} yep same here was watching the flotilla replay and thinking of our UK gals.............

props to all the losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{GT}}}}}}}.........nothing really does feel as good as thin.........Mum kept remarking how flat my tumtum is and how skinny my legs are.........O I sooo sopped that up!

well, after two hour delays and a missed flight Mum is finally home. I killed of her pinot grigio and have some veggies still left but already cooked up skinless turkey thighs and have salmon ready, so I'm good to go........
Like I said in the past, I can not see her and not think of you... you are the biggest fan I know! How are things? I started back on still this morning and am just about to have a ham ommy.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh yes it is low calorie for sure .... I lose two lbs. a day and oh , it is so very boring I have tried many different lean meat recipes, as well as eggs and some cottage cheese for Stillmans and lost weight at about a pound a day .... Then I entered a stall and I felt frustrated. I want a QWL .... And my only turkey meal plan that I follow is for 3 days. It jump starts the fat burning process, then on the 4th day I do a strict Stillman plan, and on the weekend I eat whatever I want .... This weekend was so yummy that I went right back on plan today knowing I can enjoy healthy meals; real meals to live on and not gain or lose over the weekend .... I did not feel a need to, nor did I want to over eat .... Because we all know that we want to lose the fat as quickly as possible but teach our bodies in the process that we need to have our healthy meals to live .... I am going to reduce my healthy meal plan to speed up my weight loss .... I want to reach my goal weight and in doing so rid my body of the previous bad habits of overeating and to feel full with adequate food portions .... This weight loss forum is greatly helpful and we are all here for advice , support ect .... The turkey diet may work for some of us and not for others .... As individuals we can use our own judgement as to what will work best for our weight loss needs .... We all became overweight differently, so how could one expect us to follow one specific ideal plan that will work the exact same way for all, regardless of the conditions that led us to where we presently are? .... We can definitely try the original plan, and see what we may safely modify within the Stillman WOE .... I did stall with cottage cheese, while another may not .... I hope this was helpful
Oh, wow...2 lbs a day to break a stall is wonderfully rewarding,isn't it?

I have one of those metabolisms that seems to adapt to whatever I do and stop losing on a plan after a month or two. What you're doing sounds like another good shake-it-up plan. Kind of like morphing Stillman/JUDDD/Atkins with very down days, down days and up days.

I'm filing this one away for future reference when another stall hits.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Hello everyone! I am starting my combination stillman fast five today window's from 11-4 thanks Angel and everyone for all the information looking forward to being a part of this thread. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
Awesome !!!! you are welcome .... Please, Take your vitamins and supplements .... Good luck to you !!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well done Mim!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
10 pounds is still great!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I have one of those metabolisms that seems to adapt to whatever I do and stop losing on a plan after a month or two. What you're doing sounds like another good shake-it-up plan. Kind of like morphing Stillman/JUDDD/Atkins with very down days, down days and up days.

Oh, and feel free to throw a bit of Scarsdale diet in there too .... Any bread I eat must have high protein content and noooooo soy or sugars .... I truly think eating a grape fruit for breakfast is wonderful with a slice of toasted Quinoa bread ....
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

GT... I gotta try the pencil test, lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am not all surprised .... I knew you would do it !!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post
I am going to start Stillman's today. I have been doing Atkins and lost 15 lbs but it's slow, sometimes I don't lose at all, and I want to take the weight OFF. I have Stillman's Book and Atkins New Diet Revolution, love them both.
Good luck !!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Quote:
Awesome !!!! you are welcome .... Please, Take your vitamins and supplements .... Good luck to you !!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!!! Will do, you are my idol!!! lol
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

From years of ( yo-yo dieting) rapidly losing and gaining weight .... It will become more difficult for some to lose weight easily .... I try to not become discouraged that is why LCF is valuable to me

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-04-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
GT... I gotta try the pencil test, lol.
It's too funny!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

That's my problem--I adore sweets things unfortunately! I could literally eat enough chocolate and bicuits to feed a small nation! So I keep away-it's easier.
I do sometimes eat a slice of bread or a 'sweet' roll--I figure it's the lesser of two evils. Bread doesn't give me any cravings really.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

You watching the concert Makeme?? It's good!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to all you losers !!!! Have hope to those who are not losing as of yet .... And welcome all returning and newbies !!!! Good luck all of you !!!!
Closed Thread