Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Man we had a terrible storm go through here last night. We got lucky compared to so many in this area. I have powser and internet.

I am down 1.4 today One more to get back to my stats. (that sentence is one I am sick of saying) I am so determined to stay on plan until the 14th when we go on vacation. I think I will be out of the 200s by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I've been lurking and reading about you ladies and following the Stillman's Plan. Can any of you tell me if you exercise and if so how is your energy level when you do exercise? I am going on a small vacation and will be back on the 5th and am considering giving the Stillman's Plan a go. I am a low carber but have also done a round of Hhcg and would like to try this plan for a few months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I know some here exercise quite a bit. I do not. I am sure one of the girls will be around to give you some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Well, my willpower took a hike. I do believe it is back home now! I'll be busy today getting ready to go to the conference. I will make good choices in my food intake. I'll see you all in July! Can't believe it is here already!
Have a great time at the conference! Tell your will power to knock it off. It may have went on a small trip with my husbands will power.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
My will power got a work out today. We went to Costco and the pepperoni pizza was only 6 bucks, so I was nice and let the kids get one. It smelled really good and looked even better. I did not eat a speck of it. The hubby caved into the pressure tho. Poor guy has NO will power.
The heat today has been horrible. It hit 103 today. 90 in the house... I know some others here are in this heat wave. I hope you are able to stay cool enough!

Maybe in the 130s tomorrow! How exciting for you!
Quote:
I am down 1.4 today One more to get back to my stats. (that sentence is one I am sick of saying) I am so determined to stay on plan until the 14th when we go on vacation. I think I will be out of the 200s by then.
Awesome willpower and congrats on your loss!!!! Keep it up and you can totally do it! 8 lbs in 2 weeks is totally possible.
Anddd yes, I was 139.8 this morning!! Barely there, and it will probably go back up a little over the weekend, but I've been seeing better loss in the past week or two than I have in a while so I'm happy. I hope you will join me soon in a new decade!

Quote:
I've been lurking and reading about you ladies and following the Stillman's Plan. Can any of you tell me if you exercise and if so how is your energy level when you do exercise? I am going on a small vacation and will be back on the 5th and am considering giving the Stillman's Plan a go. I am a low carber but have also done a round of Hhcg and would like to try this plan for a few months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

!!! I go to the gym 4 times a week and do 30 mins of cardio (either on the eliptical or eliptical/treadmill) all 4 days, and then 2-3 times a week I'll do 15-30 mins of strength training, mostly focusing on legs and abs. As someone who never exercised before starting Stillmans on April 30th, my energy level is pretty good! I always feel better coming out of the gym than I did going in, and I'm always glad I go when I feel too lazy and push myself to go haha.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:

My energy level can be low in the early weeks of Stillmans so I don't do it but once my body adjusts, I get to feeling great then I exercise like 4 days per week , off 3 days
I do cardio only
I often drink an energy drink right before the workout to get me through
Or I'll have a low carb snack
Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
A little cardio , even the smallest bit , can rev up the Stillmans results
You may be tired and not want to do it but anything helps , even a few walks around the track or a treadmill walk
I've lost 9 lbs since June 25
When I started Stillmans last year , I did not work out in my first few weeks and my initial losses were much less

It's worth it to move around a little !

My goal is 140, I'm 15 away and that's not bad !!

Stillmans , if anything , is a great confidence builder

Keep strong over the weekend everyone , that way we start Monday with a loss
Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #815
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
everybody is doing so well here...congrats.

I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday. Mostly ate eggs and chicken.

Good luck to all of you.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Quote:

Maggie: i swim 4 days a week and my energy levels are fabulous. i was doing atkins and was getting so tired with all the fat and also bouncing up and down with the last three pounds for months on atkins. when i switche d to stillmans, the energy levels started to build and my exercise routine is much much better! i recommend this way of eating.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #817
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I do lots of cardio-HIIT, Pilates, Bar Metod and Callanetics. I wouldn't say I have great energy on Stills, no more no less than if I eat carbs-probably a feeling of having more cos I 'feel' light. Do what you're abke to do, you might feel very tired at the beginning, it depends. You will lose much better, as in shape up so much better with some exercise though.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #818
Big Yapper!!!!

1.4 seems to be the magic number!!! Yay Bratty and vyomguy!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #819
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya it's great your caferteria has plain chicken--mine is carb city--and sooooo inexpensive!!! I walk quickly past things!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #820
Big Yapper!!!!

I can't stand the heat--it's in the mid 99s. And we've just had a storm but did it bring lower temos?? Noooo-it's still as hot. I'm too lazy and hot to do any cardio, even though this morning I did Cardio Barre-it says it's cardio but I'm more used to military style stuff--but omg I was wet after it! Twas gross!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #821
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:

I walk between 3 and 4 miles everyday at a fast pace. Some days I do free weights with my older two sons. Plus we go to the pool about 3-4 times a week and I get in some laps. I absolutely don't see any weight loss without exercise but I have always been that way. Some days I feel sluggish so I drink a diet cola with caffeine and it gets me through my workouts.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Awesome willpower and congrats on your loss!!!! Keep it up and you can totally do it! 8 lbs in 2 weeks is totally possible.
Anddd yes, I was 139.8 this morning!! Barely there, and it will probably go back up a little over the weekend, but I've been seeing better loss in the past week or two than I have in a while so I'm happy. I hope you will join me soon in a new decade!
Thanks Congrats on hitting the 130s. I love love getting into a new decade. It gives a big boost in self confidence.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
everybody is doing so well here...congrats.

I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday. Mostly ate eggs and chicken.

Good luck to all of you.
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
1.4 seems to be the magic number!!! Yay Bratty and vyomguy!!
Quote:
I can't stand the heat--it's in the mid 99s. And we've just had a storm but did it bring lower temos?? Noooo-it's still as hot. I'm too lazy and hot to do any cardio, even though this morning I did Cardio Barre-it says it's cardio but I'm more used to military style stuff--but omg I was wet after it! Twas gross!!
Thank you! We had what was like a 20 minute hurricane last night in the DC area. It did bring the 100 degree temps down tho.
I still hurt just looking at your workouts.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I am determined to make July the month to lose as much weight as possible .... I am going to go back on turkey ( works for me too ) And I do not know about anyone else, but I really hate hard boiled eggs I am thinking of eating egg white omelets for breakfast instead.... less fat without the yolk and tuna for lunch. I prefer canned chicken breast , I need to find it lower in sodium hopefully and that will be my whole month menu.... One month of pure perfection and no off plan days .... I am starting July 5th thru August 5th .... It is only for one month and seriously I cannot be a wimp about it, I have to realize it is only for one month and just get it over and done with.... Then in August I will figure out something else and add off plan healthy meals again lol Sometimes, I make excuses to eat more, it is like a deal I make with myself so that I have permission to go over board, I am not going there again .... I lost one pound this morning and I should be happy but, it is not good enough for me, because yesterday the scale did not budge so, it is taking me longer to lose the weight .... so I am doing what I said I was going to do take some extras off the menu .... bye - bye so long peanut butter and sugar free jelly snack .... I am so close to being out of this decade of digits .... I know I must sound so impatient I am .... to all you wonderful losers keep getting down on that scale !!!!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I am determined to make July the month to lose as much weight as possible .... I am going to go back on turkey ( works for me too ) And I do not know about anyone else, but I really hate hard boiled eggs I am thinking of eating egg white omelets for breakfast instead.... less fat without the yolk and tuna for lunch. I prefer canned chicken breast , I need to find it lower in sodium hopefully and that will be my whole month menu.... One month of pure perfection and no off plan days .... I am starting July 5th thru August 5th .... It is only for one month and seriously I cannot be a wimp about it, I have to realize it is only for one month and just get it over and done with.... Then in August I will figure out something else and add off plan healthy meals again lol Sometimes, I make excuses to eat more, it is like a deal I make with myself so that I have permission to go over board, I am not going there again .... I lost one pound this morning and I should be happy but, it is not good enough for me, because yesterday the scale did not budge so, it is taking me longer to lose the weight .... so I am doing what I said I was going to do take some extras off the menu .... bye - bye so long peanut butter and sugar free jelly snack .... I am so close to being out of this decade of digits .... I know I must sound so impatient I am .... to all you wonderful losers keep getting down on that scale !!!!
I am on till the 14th. Then I will be on vacation for a week. I am hoping to make smarter choices than I usually do on vacation. July and August are going to be tough months for me to stay on for long periods of time but I plan to do the best I can. I want ALL my weight gone by New Years at the latest.
I hope July is a super success for you! You seem strong enough to do it. You can do it!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #826
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I'm packed and ready to go! I only have an hour's drive but I'm not coming back until Thursday morning. I have my tuna packed. I'll have an on plan breakfast in a few minutes. My first meeting is a lunch meeting that will be gluten free. It probably won't be low carb as well. But after that meal, I will be on my own for meals. Some other meetings that include meals can't accommodate gluten free, so I'll eat my tuna while others eat their meals. I'll have a few meals in a restaurant, but I will chose wisely! Unfortunately it is too hot to walk outside, but the convention center is big so I'll get a bit of walking in. And on that note - I better get ready! Happy Sunday!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandiko
hi

I am starting the stillman diet tomorrow. I would like to lose 15 kilos.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #828
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
The humidity can be a killer. You are hardcore on your workouts. I can only do the tough stuff when I have a trainer pushing me. Otherwise I wimp out.

Quote:
You can do it. We'll all be here to cheer you on.

Quote:
Thank you! We had what was like a 20 minute hurricane last night in the DC area. It did bring the 100 degree temps down tho.
Yikes on the storms. I better call my brother. They live up in your neck of the woods. They are on the Virginia side of DC. We have this mini depression thingy going on in the gulf and it is bringing us lots of rain and gloomy skies. Its ok though because July 4th brings lots of fireworks in the neighborhoods and it will keep our house fires to a minimum.

Quote:
Good morning! I'm packed and ready to go! I only have an hour's drive but I'm not coming back until Thursday morning. I have my tuna packed. I'll have an on plan breakfast in a few minutes. My first meeting is a lunch meeting that will be gluten free. It probably won't be low carb as well. But after that meal, I will be on my own for meals. Some other meetings that include meals can't accommodate gluten free, so I'll eat my tuna while others eat their meals. I'll have a few meals in a restaurant, but I will chose wisely! Unfortunately it is too hot to walk outside, but the convention center is big so I'll get a bit of walking in. And on that note - I better get ready! Happy Sunday!
We'll miss ya, but hope you have a great time. It may sound odd, but I love staying in hotels. The clean crisp linens and someone else doing the cleaning. Plus absolutely love those dark hotel drapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiko View Post
I joined last month and these ladies and gentlemen are the best group ever. You've definitely come to the right place.

Hey all, I tried something different yesterday. I fasted for 24 hours. It started as a too busy to eat thing, then turned into a fast by lunch time. I broke my fast at dinnertime with the sweet and sour chicken recipe on the stillmans list of recipes. It was delicious. Only thing is I ate too fast and felt a bit sick to my tummy for about 15 minutes. But I was then full of energy so we walked a little further than normal. Then the storms returned.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Thinking of trying the fasting thing again today. Would like to lose another pound before July 4th. Our food will be on plan for the holiday but I plan on having a few cocktails. Plus there are some cute jeans just waiting for me in my closet that I would like to wear.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
Yikes on the storms. I better call my brother. They live up in your neck of the woods. They are on the Virginia side of DC. We have this mini depression thingy going on in the gulf and it is bringing us lots of rain and gloomy skies. Its ok though because July 4th brings lots of fireworks in the neighborhoods and it will keep our house fires to a minimum.

Hey all, I tried something different yesterday. I fasted for 24 hours. It started as a too busy to eat thing, then turned into a fast by lunch time. I broke my fast at dinnertime with the sweet and sour chicken recipe on the stillmans list of recipes. It was delicious. Only thing is I ate too fast and felt a bit sick to my tummy for about 15 minutes. But I was then full of energy so we walked a little further than normal. Then the storms returned.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Thinking of trying the fasting thing again today. Would like to lose another pound before July 4th. Our food will be on plan for the holiday but I plan on having a few cocktails. Plus there are some cute jeans just waiting for me in my closet that I would like to wear.
Hopefully your Brother has power and phone service. We have friends in VA and they have nothing, including cell service.

I never eat before lunch. I am never hungry before then and just forcing myself to eat the HB eggs was terrible. I think it works well. Hopefully it will for you to.

Good luck getting into your cute jeans!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.2 today. I am back to my stats. Now I can focus on making new progress. (i will ignore that I was at 201 in October...stupid Halloween candy hehe)

Quote:
Have a great time!

Quote:
Welcome
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Quote:
Good luck to you both!! Mim, sounds like you've got everything planned out! Hope it works out for you! And Angel, you can do ittt! At the Safeway nearby I got some canned chicken breast with no salt added, I believe. Just take it one pound at a time, and join me in a new decade!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #832
Senior LCF Member

zulloc: the photo of you and your son is absolutely precious. thank you for sharing those wonderful smiles with us. it makes me feel good each time I see you post.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Bratty! Way to go!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
you found the place to be! everyone here is focused and losing weight. remarkable group!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

bratty, i also love! your dog photo. what a wonderful face. i love dogs.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
bratty, i also love! your dog photo. what a wonderful face. i love dogs.
Thank you He is my little man.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #837
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Just lost 0.2 pounds yesterday...dissapointed. Continue the grind.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hiiya losers! Voll, such a beauty-welcome! Tanya, I never knew we were the same height!

time to submit a thread title for July............enter away y'all......

Stillmans July Firecrackers Shooting Stars Skinnies!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
GT ye have our weather-or vice versa-hiding inside with the a/c, it's 91F in the shade on my back porch..........
Old 07-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #840
Big Yapper!!!!

Fed up with thunder storms!! We don't get them in Ireland--prob cos it's too cold!!! Ha!!
Closed Thread