Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
I am about 5'2"

Someone just commented on my weight loss at work -- I've lost about 10 lbs since January so I suppose it is getting noticeable!! YAY!! Since I'm short, I can't hide any extra lbs!!! My hubby just told me that my pants are way too big.... GOOD!!!
Gotcha... man, you're 2 inches shorter than me. I feel huge, haha. I'm pretty happy with the upper half of my body but it just doesn't seem to come off the bottom end! Stupid big butt and thighs, making me look all disproportionate!

It's a great feeling though, huh? It's always nice when people actually notice. Sounds like it's almost time for you to do some shopping!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I have the day off---so it's good!! But does anyone else fibd that they're way lazier on days off?? Or is it just me?? it's 3 o clock and I haven't really done much! Got up, watched TV, went shopping online, did some Callanetics and Cardio Barre and now I'm having coffee! It's soooo hot and humid too
go you! are you working through the summer? and do tell what ye bought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I enjoy the unstructured time of a day off. I think sometimes we need it - it is ok to be lazy once in awhile!
it's official........lazy is blessed!
Quote:
The scale showed 135.0 this morning -- that's 1.4 lbs down since yesterday! NICE! I ate really well yesterday, but didn't get any exercise in. It was 100 degrees ICK!!

My work pants (size 8s) are getting really loose -- I can't wait til I can fit comfortably into my 6s!! I'll have to try them on tonight to see how they look! I tried them about a week ago and they fit, but not comfortably enough to wear them for a full day

Happy Thursday everyone!!
awesome......6 rocks.....selling off all my big clothes.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Congrats to all the losses...awesome job people

Yesterday, I lost 0.8 pounds. I did 3 miles of running. Mostly ate chicken and egg whites.

Good luck all....lets continue to burn those pounds away.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
For people trying to eat small amounts of carbohydrates and fat...make sure you choose the healthy ones. Chose the ones with low glycemic index. The body takes longer time to burn these food.

I normally stay away completely from carbohydrates and fats. But I see some people here who still intake those. So, the above list should atleast point towards healthy options.
vy, I'm paleo so there's no bad fats for us.........what is considered bad fat?
Quote:
I am about 5'2"

Someone just commented on my weight loss at work -- I've lost about 10 lbs since January so I suppose it is getting noticeable!! YAY!! Since I'm short, I can't hide any extra lbs!!! My hubby just told me that my pants are way too big.... GOOD!!!
gotta love that...........men hardly notice!

a good day was had by all YAY! our heat wave cometh tomorrow. Mum had the telepathy on and a new pair of sandals arrived in the mail yesterday....it will be a white white weekend in the wardrobe department........
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Down 7 lbs since Monday.

I love Stillmans. I have learned my lesson, no sketchy business and going off the course for no reason.

I will be back to my old clothes in no time.

I had some SKinnygirl Wine last night, its not bad tasting and is lower sugar, I was worried it would affect my weight loss, but I still lost 2 lbs.

I cant give up my wine, and I just had a small bit.

Stillmans works. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Happy Friday too

-Tanya
Old 06-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I am a mess today. I got up weighed, gained .4 went back to bed.
I think my hormones are on over drive, I can't sleep, moody, and I feel like a bloated cow. Now I just need to push through the next week and be rewarded with a big woosh. I hope the rest of you are having better days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
Down 7 lbs since Monday.

I love Stillmans. I have learned my lesson, no sketchy business and going off the course for no reason.

I had some SKinnygirl Wine last night, its not bad tasting and is lower sugar, I was worried it would affect my weight loss, but I still lost 2 lbs.

Happy Friday too

-Tanya
That is a great number. Keep it up!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
My office cafeteria now serves plain grilled chicken breasts and also turkey sausage... this will make things much easier .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #786
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
Down 7 lbs since Monday.

Happy Friday too

-Tanya
Awesome results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I think my hormones are on over drive, I can't sleep, moody, and I feel like a bloated cow. Now I just need to push through the next week and be rewarded with a big woosh. I hope the rest of you are having better days!
I hate days like that. If it helps I was up .2 today and had a nasty headache. We've been getting storms here so I figure it is the pressure. It's only .4 you'll turn it around in no time. I am betting you will have a great big woosh next week or even this weekend. Hang in there. Drink your water and maybe take a walk if you feel up to it. Water and exercise always seems to help me get rid of the bloat feeling.

TGIF to all.
The storms here brought our temps to the mid 90's. Odd feeling relieved at mid 90's. No exciting news on weight today. Up a tad, but I had some carbs in the form of cucumbers at dinner last night. They were fresh from our garden and I couldn't resist. Today will be a nice clean Stillman's day for me.
What do your Friday menus look like?
I'm gonna do eggs and baked chicken breast all day with lots of H2O.
Oh and I have to brag, last night we watched a movie as a family and my boys surrounded me on the couch with cheez its, and sour cream and onion lays. I did not tackle a child and eat their snack. Trust me I wanted to grab the bag/boxes and growl mine. Yet I refrained.
Have a great day everyone.

~Carole
Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:

I hope you feel better .... I know the bloat feeling I call it feeling like a I am a sausage lol I can relate to the not sleeping and I have been told by my significant other that I get moody ....

Some say hot weather and humidity cause bloat .... All I know is I am looking forward to cooler weather
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down 7 lbs since Monday.

Happy Friday too

-Tanya
Awesome keep losing ....
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Today must be an up day I was up a pound too, I think the 3 dill pickles loaded with salt might have been the culprit. I did a 30 minute run and then hit up 75 minute hot yoga class so water weight be gone! Hoping for a big woosh tomorrow! Have a great day everyone! xoxo
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
Awesome results!

I hate days like that. If it helps I was up .2 today and had a nasty headache. We've been getting storms here so I figure it is the pressure. It's only .4 you'll turn it around in no time. I am betting you will have a great big woosh next week or even this weekend. Hang in there. Drink your water and maybe take a walk if you feel up to it. Water and exercise always seems to help me get rid of the bloat feeling.

TGIF to all.
The storms here brought our temps to the mid 90's. Odd feeling relieved at mid 90's. No exciting news on weight today. Up a tad, but I had some carbs in the form of cucumbers at dinner last night. They were fresh from our garden and I couldn't resist. Today will be a nice clean Stillman's day for me.
Oh and I have to brag, last night we watched a movie as a family and my boys surrounded me on the couch with cheez its, and sour cream and onion lays. I did not tackle a child and eat their snack. Trust me I wanted to grab the bag/boxes and growl mine. Yet I refrained.

~Carole
WoW you are surrounded by temptations and resisted .... Go you !!!! Friday's menu is going to be more Tilapia and I am going to finish up the shrimp too ....
We had a very loud, light show storm here in Lancaster, Pa overnight that woke me up and I could not fall back to sleep .... Even at my age, I still get scared !!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #791
Senior LCF Member

The scale was being stubborn and did not budge this morning .... I made Italian style tilapia last night and added a lot of parmesan cheese .... The salt in the cheese can be the reason for the stall and me going over board with it did not help .... Soooo I know olive oil, fresh garlic and fresh cilantro and lime are safe to use and no more parmesan cheese I made the tilapia with olive oil, curly chopped Italian parsley and fresh garlic, some dried Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese on over load .... I love cheese I cannot break up with it ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #792
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Today must be an up day I was up a pound too, I think the 3 dill pickles loaded with salt might have been the culprit. I did a 30 minute run and then hit up 75 minute hot yoga class so water weight be gone! Hoping for a big woosh tomorrow! Have a great day everyone! xoxo
Water weight definitely .... I looked into the Hot Yoga amazing that you can do all those positions in that extreme heat , I can barely walk outside in 90 degrees .... I took yoga a basic course in the past I loved it !
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Gotcha... man, you're 2 inches shorter than me. I feel huge, haha. I'm pretty happy with the upper half of my body but it just doesn't seem to come off the bottom end! Stupid big butt and thighs, making me look all disproportionate!

It's a great feeling though, huh? It's always nice when people actually notice. Sounds like it's almost time for you to do some shopping!
People always think I weigh a lot less than I do for some reason... I think my weight is pretty proportionate. I can fit into 4s when I am at 125. I don't wanna be too skinny cuz I want my curves -- 125 is perfect for me -- of course everyone is different!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
I lose ZERO this morning. Boo. Might be the hot weather... not sure what else it would be. I did good with food and got some exercise in. OH well... at least it didn't go up! Shrimp for dinner tonight!

Happy Friday!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #795
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
I lost 2.4 pounds today. Ate mainly chicken and eggs. Also added couple of new things to my diet...unsweetened creamer (1g fat and 1g carbs) and unsweetened almond milk (1g fat and 1g carbs). Not sure if these two additions helped...but I am glad to lose 2.4 pounds .

Now, I have lost 16.2 pounds in 18 days. Feels good to be thin.

Last edited by vyomguy; 06-29-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #796
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
One thing I read in the book is that your weight loss every week is not consistent of 5 pounds. But its the average weight loss over several weeks.

For example...last week, I lost just 3 pounds...but this week I am on track to lose around 7 pounds. In the end, it averages out to 5 pounds if you follow the diet strictly.

Don't be discouraged by no weight loss for few days. I have had few days where I gained weight. But I lose it back in next few days. Its all about being disciplined and you will see the results.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=vyomguy;15763482]I lost 2.4 pounds today. Ate mainly chicken and eggs. Also added couple of new things to my diet...unsweetened creamer (1g fat and 1g carbs) and unsweetened almond milk (1g fat and 1g carbs). Not sure if these two additions helped...but I am glad to lose 2.4 pounds .

Now, I have lost 16.2 pounds in 18 days. Feels good to be thin.[/QUOTE

Congratulations nice results .... When I mix things up with my WOE I break my stall .... This diet is the only one that I climb down the scale and when I am not losing the weight I stall .... Never a major gain .... I feel confident that I will be the skinny me again !!!!

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-29-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #798
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good afternoon! I spent the night at my grand girl's last night and didn't have my scale this morning. Just as well, as I had a bit of a binge last night. Not sure what was going on with me. Anyway, it wasn't horrible and I'm right back on plan. Hopefully, it will not show up on the scale in the morning!

It is stinking hot and we are under an air quality alert. Great for my asthma! The ac in my car is broken and it will be after I get back from the conference and probably the middle of July before it gets fixed! Oh well, maybe I'll sweat a few pounds off!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Looks like a bad weight loss day for all. (except vyomguy and his 2.4 loss :P) Congrats on that!

Quote:

~Carole
Way to go. Keeping the innner animal in control. However, it would be SO funny to grab it and growl at them. I will be tortured tomorrow night while everyone sits around eating popcorn on movie night and I have to sit there and smell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
I hope you feel better .... I know the bloat feeling I call it feeling like a I am a sausage lol I can relate to the not sleeping and I have been told by my significant other that I get moody ....

Some say hot weather and humidity cause bloat .... All I know is I am looking forward to cooler weather
Thanks It may be the heat then. I have been cooking in this 100 degree heat the last couple of days. My crappy air unit and fans are doing good to get it under 90 in my house.

Quote:
Salt salt salt. It will bump you up a pound so fast. Drink a bunch of water and NO pickles :P You should be back tomorrow.

Quote:
We had a very loud, light show storm here in Lancaster, Pa overnight that woke me up and I could not fall back to sleep .... Even at my age, I still get scared !!!!
My weather alert woke us up last night for some freaky reason. I checked the map and saw your weather. My comment to my husband was " wow, those look nasty. I bet they aren't getting much sleep"
I am terrified of tornadoes and lightening. I will not even go to the bus stop to get my children off it is storming. I just wave at the driver to send them in. hehehe

Sorry for everyone's gains. Hopefully we will all see a good loss tomorrow.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My weather alert woke us up last night for some freaky reason. I checked the map and saw your weather. My comment to my husband was " wow, those look nasty. I bet they aren't getting much sleep"
I am terrified of tornadoes and lightening. I will not even go to the bus stop to get my children off it is storming. I just wave at the driver to send them in. hehehe
Thunderstorms are another reason why I love winter better !!!! Blizzards no problem .... Thunderstorm ok now there is a problem .... And that darn storm last night went on and on lol
Old 06-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Down another .6 today, so I was at 140.2! Hopefully I can stick around that for my off plan weekend...although it shouldn't be too bad this weekend! Having an enchilada bake on Saturday...no tortillas, but it does include cheese, salsa, and enchilada sauce! I tried to choose the ones with the least amount of carbs and not too much fat. The recipe comes out to 2 carbs per serving! Sunday will be another low carb pizza recipe which, depending on the toppings, should also come out to around 2 carbs per slice. I think we'll make two so the boyfriend can have his own toppings (he's been dying for pizza and wants to put all kinds of stuff on it)! I'm excited. Then back to fish on Monday. Hoping to get down to 137 next week. It is looking like I'll reach goal a little before my trip on the 23rd as long as I stick to the fish!

Quote:

~Carole
Awesome self control!!! It's tough. My roommates aren't dieting so they always have chips and all kinds of junk laying around all the time. Although for me, it's gotten to the point where I don't even want the stuff anymore! I just look at it and say... wow, I used to eat that crap, never again! Haha.
On the menu for me today is some tilapia for lunch, maybe with lemon and cajun seasoning. Then salmon for dinner with more lemon and garlic! I usually have an egg for breakfast everyday but I woke up late today so I just had my coffee instead.

Quote:
The scale was being stubborn and did not budge this morning .... I made Italian style tilapia last night and added a lot of parmesan cheese .... The salt in the cheese can be the reason for the stall and me going over board with it did not help .... Soooo I know olive oil, fresh garlic and fresh cilantro and lime are safe to use and no more parmesan cheese I made the tilapia with olive oil, curly chopped Italian parsley and fresh garlic, some dried Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese on over load .... I love cheese I cannot break up with it ....
If you look up a recipe for cajun seasoning (don't need to buy your own if you have lots of spices at home), that is also very good on tilapia! Although I have a favorite recipe that also uses a little Parmesan cheese and didn't make me gain... brush the fish with a little butter and some lemon juice (the original recipe uses just butter but I try not to use too much), and broil 4 inches from the heat for 5-6 mins until the tilapia is cooked. Then mix together more melted butter (again I use less and put in lemon instead), some Parmesan cheese, flaxmeal, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper. When the fish is done in the broiler, put the mixture on top and flatten. Then broil for another 1-2 mins until it is crispy. So yummy, almost like fried fish!! As long as you go easy on the butter and the cheese, you should be good.

Quote:
I lost 2.4 pounds today. Ate mainly chicken and eggs. Also added couple of new things to my diet...unsweetened creamer (1g fat and 1g carbs) and unsweetened almond milk (1g fat and 1g carbs). Not sure if these two additions helped...but I am glad to lose 2.4 pounds .

Now, I have lost 16.2 pounds in 18 days. Feels good to be thin.
That is really amazing! Congratulations on your loss! Even with the almond milk and creamer... just be careful not to use too much, I would just use them occasionally. It can be a slippery slope adding those things in. :P
Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
congrats on the losses everyone! Way to go Lil Lav for hitting that 140 (so jealous!) It's a long weekend here in Canada (canada day!) and it is going to be soooo hard not to have any drinks this weekend up at the lake. boo hoo. is anyone planning to drink this weekend? Has anyone drank and still lost? If so what booze is best? I know you guys have July 4th coming up?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #803
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
everyone here is so terrific and i get strength from reading all these posts and knowing you are all eating your low fat protein, stillmans. i am too.

do we have a link to all the legal stillmans foods that we can eat? i used to have one, but not sure where it's at right now. thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #804
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nice, once tom is gone you should have a nice loss.
thanks! this whole board is so positive and encouraging to each other.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

found it: Stillman by the book - 2009
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #806
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hiya losers and maintainers! Busy day, chiroractor in the morn then work work work......whew!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

My will power got a work out today. We went to Costco and the pepperoni pizza was only 6 bucks, so I was nice and let the kids get one. It smelled really good and looked even better. I did not eat a speck of it. The hubby caved into the pressure tho. Poor guy has NO will power.

The heat today has been horrible. It hit 103 today. 90 in the house... I know some others here are in this heat wave. I hope you are able to stay cool enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Down another .6 today, so I was at 140.2!
Maybe in the 130s tomorrow! How exciting for you!

Quote:
congrats on the losses everyone! Way to go Lil Lav for hitting that 140 (so jealous!) It's a long weekend here in Canada (canada day!) and it is going to be soooo hard not to have any drinks this weekend up at the lake. boo hoo. is anyone planning to drink this weekend? Has anyone drank and still lost? If so what booze is best? I know you guys have July 4th coming up?
Fortunately I do not drink anymore and it has been long enough that I do not miss it. I just wanted to post and tell you to have a great time at the lake! Someone here posted something about a skinnygirl wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hiya losers and maintainers! Busy day, chiroractor in the morn then work work work......whew!
Hope you had a great day.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Exercise and Stillman's Plan!

I've been lurking and reading about you ladies and following the Stillman's Plan. Can any of you tell me if you exercise and if so how is your energy level when you do exercise? I am going on a small vacation and will be back on the 5th and am considering giving the Stillman's Plan a go. I am a low carber but have also done a round of Hhcg and would like to try this plan for a few months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #809
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I've been lurking and reading about you ladies and following the Stillman's Plan. Can any of you tell me if you exercise and if so how is your energy level when you do exercise? I am going on a small vacation and will be back on the 5th and am considering giving the Stillman's Plan a go. I am a low carber but have also done a round of Hhcg and would like to try this plan for a few months or so. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Good morning and welcome! Yes, some of us do exercise. GT is our exercise queen. Tanya is committed to exercise too. The rest of us just try to keep up! I feel better when I exercise and my weight loss is better too.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #810
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, my willpower took a hike. I do believe it is back home now! I'll be busy today getting ready to go to the conference. I will make good choices in my food intake. I'll see you all in July! Can't believe it is here already!
Closed Thread