Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks Angelstill.
I was just wondering about my vitamin D3 intake... I haven't been able to sleep lately... taking way too much!
I'm fighting a thyroid condition (trying to get well without meds)... so I started taking too much... haven't been able to sleep for a few nights!
you are welcome ! and yes I did the same with Rhodiola I had heart palpitations because I took 2x what I should have been lesson learned ....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have just a few more to lose than you. Some days it seems too HUGE but I remind myself that it used to be about 80 I had to lose. I will get there. I have tripped more times than I can count but I am a little stronger each time I get up.
I have several clothing items I can not wait to get into.
We can do it !!!! look if I fall off the wagon just be there for me .... I need all the support I can get .... And I am here for all who needs mine .... I have a long road ahead of me , it makes the trip more fun with friends ....
Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Speaking of supplements...

The best vitamin D is the naturally produced kind...if you're fair-skinned it only takes 10 minutes without sunscreen in the midday sun for your body to produce 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. If you're already tanned, or naturally darker skinned, like Hispanic, will take 15-20 minutes...and black will take 60 minutes of exposure. You do not need to take vitamin D supplements at all if you're getting this much sun most days.

If you live north of Atlanta, you will need Vitamin D supplements in the winter since even on sunny days the sun never gets high enough for the right rays to penetrate the atmosphere. Some experts suggest 2000 IU a day supplementation in the winter, although don't think that's the official RDA.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-26-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Yes Catne naturally from the sun and some other interesting places ....

Difference Between Vitamin D and Vitamin D3

• Categorized under Science | Difference Between Vitamin D and Vitamin D3

Vitamin D vs Vitamin D3

If you have been advised a series of vitamins and are wondering about their effects, here are a few facts you need to know about vitamin D. It is one of the more complex vitamins that are needed by the human body in order to grow and develop. Vitamin D is actually available in two forms, cholecalciferol and Ergocalciferol, better known as vitamin D3 and vitamin D2.

First things first. Vitamin D can be found in 2 forms. Vitamin D2 is manufactured by plants or fungus. You would include it through fortified foods such as juices, milk or cereals. However, vitamin D3 is formed when the body synthesizes sunlight on its surface. It mainly occurs through the exposure of the skin to UVA and UVB rays. Vitamin D3 can also be obtained by consuming animal products.

It is also interesting to note that since it is produced in the body, vitamin D is actually considered a hormone and not really a vitamin! Vitamin D is very important as it regulates the production of phosphorous and calcium in the body.

The Vitamin D that you purchased so willingly over the counter in the form of medication can actually be very harmful without supervision. You see, one of the forms of vitamin D, i.e. vitamin D2 is broken down by the body into different substances. Some of these substances can be very harmful for the body. Vitamin D3 is broken down by the body into a substance called calcitrol, which actually has very important cancer fighting properties.

The supplements for vitamin D may be made from either plants or animals. However, if you were looking for a vitamin D3 supplement, you would look for only those available through animal supplements. It is also available from lamb’s wool!

Vitamin D is frequently added to a number of foods, to make them beneficial. However, if you were looking for vitamin D3 in particular, you would have to go for a pill or a liquid form. It is not very common to find it in cereals or juices.

Another important difference is that vitamin D2 has a shorter shelf life compared to vitamin D3. This decreases the potency of the vitamin if it is used as a vitamin supplement. Some researchers however feel that their efficacy is the same.

Summary:

1. Vitamin D is manufactured by both plants and animals. Vitamin D3 is particularly found on the skin of animals, as a byproduct of synthesis.
2. Vitamin D is not beneficial in all its forms. Vitamin D2, one of the forms of vitamin D can be toxic to the body. Vitamin D3 is good for the body.
3. You can get vitamin D from fortified foods or as pills. However, vitamin D3 is only available in the form of pills or in liquids. They are rarely found in foods.
4. Supplements for the two vitamins are sourced differently.
5. The D2 form of the vitamin has a shorter shelf life compared to the D3 form.

I was surprised even lambs wool .... but it makes sense ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
maintaining my goal weight, & still eating very few carbs and lots of protein. i'm eating more protein than usual, both yesterday and today. just was hungry. today it was about 2 grams protein per pound. to me that seems like a lot-but i'm actually not full with that. i did quite a bit of exercise with my dogs the last two days, as well as a swim in the morning. that might be why i'm so hungry lately. i looked up on a bodybuilding website when the guys seem to eat massive amounts of protein and 2 grams is not uncommon. so, i'll relax.anyone else have days like this when they can't seem to eat enough and continue to either loose or maintain?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #726
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Glad everyone's doing well-the Stillies 5---yay Mim!!
Welcome back Tanya! How's cutie hubbs??
Shreem-I'm mostly always hungry on Stills now-the apetite supressant is gone for me now. And actually if I'm off plan and eat carbs the hunger goes-I'm full with very small amounts. I don't get it!
It's boiling here now-Summer has truly arrived so there's no hiding anymore--aaaagh!!! If I could just lose my back fat life would be good!
Cc, Makeme---check in!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #727
Big Yapper!!!!

Shreem-I'm mostly always hungry on Stills now-the apetite supressant is gone for me now. And actually if I'm off plan and eat carbs the hunger goes-I'm full with very small amounts. I don't get it!
It's boiling here now-Summer has truly arrived so there's no hiding anymore--aaaagh!!! If I could just lose my back fat life would be good!
Cc, Makeme---check in!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #728
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! GT it is good to see you. I always worry that something happened when you don't check in!

I woke up to a pound loss! I love when my first loss of the week happens on the first day of my weigh week! Now only .5 to get to the next set of 10! And I can officially say when people ask - and they are starting to ask - oh, I've lost over 25 pounds! 25.5 to be exact, but still over 25!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm off to get ready for the office and then this afternoon I've some errands to run.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #729
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh - speaking of getting hungry - not often but sometimes I get really hungry and end up eating far more than my usual intake. Last night I suddenly got the urge to binge. It came out of nowhere. There wasn't anything I wanted to binge on - no craving for sweets - just the urge to binge. Weird, eh? Anyway, after a bit I decided that what i was experiencing was hunger, and ended up eating three hb eggs! That took care of it! And even though it was almost bedtime when I ate them, I woke up to a pound loss!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Morning stillman peeps! I am soooo excited to report another full pound down today! woot woot! 144.5 baby! and I even cheated last night with some pistachios and a very small tomato and mozarella salad. I think cutting out the wine has been the biggest thing for me...it's been a week tonight since I had any alcohol and I'm down a full 6 pounds in 7 days! crazy!
Hope everyone has a great day- keep strong everyone! xoxo
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I was looking at my calendar and could just kick myself for wasting the entire month of June. I have just bounced the same 8 pounds over and over again.
Hopefully July is different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! GT I woke up to a pound loss! I love when my first loss of the week happens on the first day of my weigh week! Now only .5 to get to the next set of 10! And I can officially say when people ask - and they are starting to ask - oh, I've lost over 25 pounds! 25.5 to be exact, but still over 25!
I love when I drop a whole pound. 25 pounds is an awesome number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Morning stillman peeps! I am soooo excited to report another full pound down today! woot woot! 144.5 baby! and I even cheated last night with some pistachios and a very small tomato and mozarella salad. I think cutting out the wine has been the biggest thing for me...it's been a week tonight since I had any alcohol and I'm down a full 6 pounds in 7 days! crazy!
Hope everyone has a great day- keep strong everyone! xoxo
Congrats on the pound and the ability to cut the wine. My mother in law said she could not give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
maintaining my goal weight, & still eating very few carbs and lots of protein. i'm eating more protein than usual, both yesterday and today. just was hungry. today it was about 2 grams protein per pound. to me that seems like a lot-but i'm actually not full with that. i did quite a bit of exercise with my dogs the last two days, as well as a swim in the morning. that might be why i'm so hungry lately. i looked up on a bodybuilding website when the guys seem to eat massive amounts of protein and 2 grams is not uncommon. so, i'll relax.anyone else have days like this when they can't seem to eat enough and continue to either loose or maintain?
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I think everyone has days they are hungrier than usual.
I am happy to see that maintenance is going well for you. It gives me a small peek at what it will be like when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Cc, Makeme---check in!
Good to see you check in! No back fat advice, for some reason it just made me laugh.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #732
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
Morning stillman peeps! I am soooo excited to report another full pound down today! woot woot! 144.5 baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I woke up to a pound loss! I love when my first loss of the week happens on the first day of my weigh week! Now only .5 to get to the next set of 10!
Congrats to the 1lbs losses
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #733
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
anyone else have days like this when they can't seem to eat enough and continue to either loose or maintain?
Yes, I definitely have some days where I feel like I could just eat the whole house and not feel full. Then other days when I'm barely hungry. I do worry though cause I feel like I am food obsessed and am always thinking about food or what my next meal will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I was looking at my calendar and could just kick myself for wasting the entire month of June. I have just bounced the same 8 pounds over and over again.
Hopefully July is different!
I'm with ya I feel like I was strong the first two weeks of June then fathers day derailed me. But I put my LC panties back on this week and got back in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Speaking of supplements...
The best vitamin D is the naturally produced kind...if you're fair-skinned it only takes 10 minutes without sunscreen in the midday sun for your body to produce 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. If you're already tanned, or naturally darker skinned, like Hispanic, will take 15-20 minutes...and black will take 60 minutes of exposure. You do not need to take vitamin D supplements at all if you're getting this much sun most days.
I get a lot of sun not only because I exercise outside but because it seems to improve my mood. If I am frustrated or anxious a little time out in the sun and I feel like a new woman. Ya know the only thing that was perfect on my blood work back in March was my vitamin D levels.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Fish works for me!! Yesterday I had

B - 1 egg and coffee with sugar free chocolate creamer, the powdered kind... about 2 carbs per tbsp but I try to use about 1 tsp (I have this everyday)
L - 1 tilapia filet with cajun seasoning and lemon
D - 1 piece of a tuna salad casserole I made...it even had a little mayo, relish, onion, dijon mustard, some spices, and cheese and fried onion strings on top!

I woke up today at 141.2, which is a 1.8 lb drop from 143 flat that I was yesterday! That was my goal for the end of the week and I already reached it! I am officially 6 lbs from my goal weight.

I have the rest of my meals planned out for the week (no more fish planned til Friday) but I may have to sneak in some more tilapia while the boyfriend has whatever was on the menu for the day. It's kinda hard sometimes cooking for two because he gets tired of eating the same thing, whereas I would rather eat the same thing for a few days and lose the weight! We'll see, though, I guess.

You guys are doing great too, from what I've read! Keep it up! <3
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Wow lavendar you are doing amazing!! 6 pounds from goal is so close! You must feel amazing. can you post the recipe for your tuna casserole? sounds yummy
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow lavendar you are doing amazing!! 6 pounds from goal is so close! You must feel amazing. can you post the recipe for your tuna casserole? sounds yummy
Eeep thank you! I feel pretty good, but I still feel like I'm kinda far from where I wanna be body-wise. :/ I'm hoping with the next 6 lbs or so, I'll feel better. I may want to change my goal to something lower but I leave for a big trip on July 23rd (going to visit friends in different states, then going to Sweden to study for a semester out there) so once I reach goal I'm just gonna try to focus more on eating healthy and less on trying to lose. Hopefully I'll still lose a couple more lbs, depending on how long it takes me to get to goal and how long I have left before I leave. Just gonna try to get down as much as I can in the next month, hopefully closer to 130.

Anyway, I kinda just threw some things together without following a specific recipe but this is basically what I did...

3 cans of tuna
2-3 tbsp of light mayo
3 tbsp Mt. Olive No Sugar Added Sweet Pickle Relish
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/3 medium onion, chopped
Lemon pepper
Garlic powder
Cayenne pepper
Parsley
Dill weed
(seasonings to taste, I didn't measure how much)
1/4 cup of shredded fat free cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of shredded skim mozzarella cheese
2-4 tbsp of French's french fried onions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix tuna with mayo, relish, mustard, onion, and seasonings. Put in a small glass baking dish (I used an 8x6x2 dish). Layer with cheddar and mozzarella cheese, put enough french fried onions on top to barely cover cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until the cheese is melted!
Makes about 4 servings.

I loosely based it off another tuna casserole recipe I used before. The tuna isn't really fishy tasting at all, but very sweet and it goes well with the cheese and crunchy onions. Enjoy!

Last edited by littlelavender; 06-27-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #737
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Started doing excercise from yesterday. Today the scale showed that I had reduced 1 pound . Down 13 pounds now in 16 days.

Also, added potassium and magnesium to my daily intake.

Good luck folks...lets keep burning those pounds away.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
It's kinda hard sometimes cooking for two because he gets tired of eating the same thing, whereas I would rather eat the same thing for a few days and lose the weight!
Totally agree on this. My hubby wants "a good meal" or "good food" every night for dinner... I would literally eat hb eggs or chicken breasts for every meal and not care. I would lose a lot faster by doing this, but I do love the joy and together-time you get by cooking and eating a nice meal together. And of course, every now and then it is good to mix it up and make something fun or go out for dinner!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

B - 1 egg and coffee with sugar free chocolate creamer, the powdered kind... about 2 carbs per tbsp but I try to use about 1 tsp (I have this everyday)
D - 1 piece of a tuna salad casserole I made...it even had a little mayo, relish, onion, dijon mustard, some spices, and cheese and fried onion strings on top!

I woke up today at 141.2, which is a 1.8 lb drop from 143 flat that I was yesterday! That was my goal for the end of the week and I already reached it! I am officially 6 lbs from my goal weight.

I have the rest of my meals planned out for the week (no more fish planned til Friday) but I may have to sneak in some more tilapia while the boyfriend has whatever was on the menu for the day. It's kinda hard sometimes cooking for two because he gets tired of eating the same thing, whereas I would rather eat the same thing for a few days and lose the weight! We'll see, though, I guess.

Fish works for me too !!!! I had tilapia for dinner with a touch of olive oil .... minced garlic and cilantro and a squeeze of lime .... I was afraid I was going to be up on the scale .... I am down another pound !!!! I am going on the fish plan till the 2nd of July no breaks .... no off plan meals .... My tummy is flatter and I feel so much more energy .... Congratulations lil lav !!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
Totally agree on this. My hubby wants "a good meal" or "good food" every night for dinner... I would literally eat hb eggs or chicken breasts for every meal and not care. I would lose a lot faster by doing this, but I do love the joy and together-time you get by cooking and eating a nice meal together. And of course, every now and then it is good to mix it up and make something fun or go out for dinner!
So true! Plus on our weekends, I've been finding low carb recipes of some of his old favorite foods (buffalo wings, ice cream, mexican food, chinese food, etc.) and that just makes both of us happy! He just worries me sometimes because if I don't make leftovers for him to take to work the next day, he won't eat all day then he comes home starving. I swear I spoil him way too much.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Fish works for me too !!!! I had tilapia for dinner with a touch of olive oil .... minced garlic and cilantro and a squeeze of lime .... I was afraid I was going to be up on the scale .... I am down another pound !!!! I am going on the fish plan till the 2nd of July no breaks .... no off plan meals .... My tummy is flatter and I feel so much more energy .... Congratulations lil lav !!!!
Yay! I was going to ask you how the fish worked out for you. It's kinda funny because I felt so full yesterday too, especially with all the cheese and stuff I had on the tuna, I was sure I wasn't going to lose too much but it's like the weight just disappears over night! Glad you got good results too, and congratulations to you as well!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Zulloc.. LOL @ the low carb panties. Fathers day is what did me in the most. I always swear to go off for one day but it always snow balls into several.
Good job getting back on this week. Today is day two for me.

Quote:

That is terrific. Best wishes getting that last 6 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Started doing excercise from yesterday. Today the scale showed that I had reduced 1 pound . Down 13 pounds now in 16 days.

awesome, almost a pound a day. 16 days straight is pretty good. That is about where I get before I start to crumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Your body seems to be doing so well with your meal plans. You will have that 50 off in no time.
I am aiming for July 13th with no breaks.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So true! Plus on our weekends, I've been finding low carb recipes of some of his old favorite foods (buffalo wings, ice cream, mexican food, chinese food, etc.) and that just makes both of us happy! He just worries me sometimes because if I don't make leftovers for him to take to work the next day, he won't eat all day then he comes home starving. I swear I spoil him way too much.

lol Sounds like my husband. He would starve to death if I did not bend over backwards to make sure he eats.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: akagal20
Stats: 172.2/155.8/145(Height 5'8)
Start Date: January 18, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Cc, Makeme---check in!
GT , Hello there!
Things are going great.
I am just getting back into the swing of things with Stillmans.
You know how that is
Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macc0021 View Post
This is where I am soooo lucky...hubby is happily doing Stillman's with me so if I'm eating boring turkey patties, then so is he. No cooking different meals, and no junk in the house tempting me. The only difference in consumption is he likes the extra-spicy mustards like chipotle or horseradish mustards...and I eat it plain or just a tiny bit of regular mustard.

Our kids our grown & gone so it's just the two of us.

The hardest part is going out to dinner with friends...but then we just order an Atkins-type LC meal and count on no loss for a couple of days.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
This is where I am soooo lucky...hubby is happily doing Stillman's with me so if I'm eating boring turkey patties, then so is he. No cooking different meals, and no junk in the house tempting me. The only difference in consumption is he likes the extra-spicy mustards like chipotle or horseradish mustards...and I eat it plain or just a tiny bit of regular mustard.

Our kids our grown & gone so it's just the two of us.

The hardest part is going out to dinner with friends...but then we just order an Atkins-type LC meal and count on no loss for a couple of days.
That's so nice that you have a live-in Stillman's partner!!! My hubby has always been really thin - and can eat anything. Hopefully it won't catch up to him! He is really supportive of my WOE, and we always make it work for both of us... I just end up drooling over his plate of food!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #747
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagal20 View Post
GT , Hello there!
Things are going great.
I am just getting back into the swing of things with Stillmans.
You know how that is
Yrah the hardest thg is starting!! You get ussed to it after a while---bland, bland bland!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #748
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

Wow wow wow!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #749
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok falling asleep!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #750
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh --cos it's 12:50AM not cos yall are boring me!!!!
Closed Thread