Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Morning everyone!! Way to go everyone on the losses. IM2fat- sorry to hear of your troubles, I hear you on the closet thing...I'm 15 pounds away from a whole new wardrobe (just waiting for me in my closet!)
I am down another pound this morning 4 pounds in 3 days! I have not had wine since Wednesday night (this is a record for me, haha) it is making a huge difference and I find I am not getting the cravings for carby stuff since I cut out the wine. We have a long weekend here in Canada next weekend...would love to drop another 5 if I can this week so I can feel somewhat better in my bikini next weekend. My goal is 10 pounds by July 9th (the start of my beach vacation!) I am sooooo motivated to keep it up!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sammykay
Stats: 197:170.2:125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: 02/15/2010
Hi everyone. I did stillmans years Go and got to my low in the pic. I a have a nine month old and a difficult pregnancy. And trying to get those lbs off. I'm am so excited to join you all since your so strict and seeing great results

Today I am 196.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Congrats on the losses everyone!!! And welcome back IM2!
Angel, glad the log idea helped you.
Man, I have not been doing very well staying with Stillmans lately. I wanted to be 141 by that concert I went to yesterday, but I was up to 144 yesterday morning and after eating some crappy food yesterday, I'm up to 145 today. I was so close at 143 a few days ago. :/ But I had 2 small fried chicken strips (I swear concerts have the worst and most expensive food) and then a burrito bowl at Chipotle for dinner since we were with friends and couldn't make our own food (brown rice, chicken, veggies, mild salsa, cheese, guacamole, sour cream--all probably riddled with sodium). Usually I wait til Monday to get back to whatever Stillmans-Atkins hybrid I've been doing but I should probably just start today, except for the the low carb coffee cake I made that I need to finish off this morning. :3 Aside from that, the concert was pretty fun. I'm really sunburned though. D: At least we were walking around all day yesterday so that probably helped a little but today we're definitely hitting the gym for some good cardio!

Last edited by littlelavender; 06-24-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykay View Post
Hi everyone. I did stillmans years Go and got to my low in the pic. I a have a nine month old and a difficult pregnancy. And trying to get those lbs off. I'm am so excited to join you all since your so strict and seeing great results

Today I am 196.
Welcome Sammy Kay!! I am a mom to an 11 month old and 2.5 year old trying to get the last of my baby weight off too. (15-20 to go) we can do it!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Congrats on the losses everyone!!! And welcome back IM2!
Angel, glad the log idea helped you.
Man, I have not been doing very well staying with Stillmans lately. I wanted to be 141 by that concert I went to yesterday, but I was up to 144 yesterday morning and after eating some crappy food yesterday, I'm up to 145 today. I was so close at 143 a few days ago. :/ But I had 2 small fried chicken strips (I swear concerts have the worst and most expensive food) and then a burrito bowl at Chipotle for dinner since we were with friends and couldn't make our own food (brown rice, chicken, veggies, mild salsa, cheese, guacamole, sour cream--all probably riddled with sodium). Usually I wait til Monday to get back to whatever Stillmans-Atkins hybrid I've been doing but I should probably just start today, except for the the low carb coffee cake I made that I need to finish off this morning. :3 Aside from that, the concert was pretty fun. I'm really sunburned though. D: At least we were walking around all day yesterday so that probably helped a little but today we're definitely hitting the gym for some good cardio!
Lavendar you and I are so similar in our stats...I am trying to get down to 141 by next weekend- weighed in at 146.5 today. I am being super strict this week...we can do it!!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Lavendar you and I are so similar in our stats...I am trying to get down to 141 by next weekend- weighed in at 146.5 today. I am being super strict this week...we can do it!!
We've got this! If I could lose 10 lbs by July 9th with you, I'd be ecstatic! lol
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
sammy, what a beautiful photo. you can do this! it works.

i think i'm still at goal. i'm working on getting a job and that's full time stress in itself. i'm eating well, swimming monday to friday, but have not got on the scale for about a week. i absolutely can never tell if i'm above or below goal, so i am going to commit to getting on the scale tomorrow morning. i always weigh at the gym. not looking forward to it, but whatever it says has to be ok. i'm thin and look great, but just have to be strict with myself to keep at goal and not bounce up. the minute i relax on carbs a bit, the water weight comes back on. i've had more chicken this weekend than usual and some sugar free candies and extra yogurt. starting to a strict version now and all day tomorrow. better to cut the extra items out sooner than later. i love these sugarfree candies called go lightly. i usually get away with eating about 10 pieces one day and then i want them again the next day. so today i did not have them and had chicken instead, but maybe a bit too much yogurt in my protein shake. writing this out helps me. thanks everyone for being here!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
sammy, what a beautiful photo. you can do this! it works.

i think i'm still at goal. i'm working on getting a job and that's full time stress in itself. i'm eating well, swimming monday to friday, but have not got on the scale for about a week. i absolutely can never tell if i'm above or below goal, so i am going to commit to getting on the scale tomorrow morning. i always weigh at the gym. not looking forward to it, but whatever it says has to be ok. i'm thin and look great, but just have to be strict with myself to keep at goal and not bounce up. the minute i relax on carbs a bit, the water weight comes back on. i've had more chicken this weekend than usual and some sugar free candies and extra yogurt. starting to a strict version now and all day tomorrow. better to cut the extra items out sooner than later. i love these sugarfree candies called go lightly. i usually get away with eating about 10 pieces one day and then i want them again the next day. so today i did not have them and had chicken instead, but maybe a bit too much yogurt in my protein shake. writing this out helps me. thanks everyone for being here!
It sounds like you're doing a great job of maintaining! Don't discount your confidence in how you look and the progress you've made!! You worked hard to get to your goal, you deserve to indulge in some candies or yogurt or other little treats every once in a while. Water weight is easy to lose (just a day or two on plan) when you start feeling bloated but it's not like you're gaining fat, especially with all your exercise. Just saying, as a reminder, we can't always let the numbers on the scale define how we feel about ourselves! I'm guilty of this as well, but the way we feel when we look in the mirror or at a picture and see the progress we've made is equally if not more important, in my opinion. Especially if you can't even tell the difference between a lb or two, we are our own harshest critics!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i made something very similar to this, except i replace the flour with soy protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Dr. Stillman's Original Protein Plus Bread

As a curiosity and something to fool around with, this recipe is from Dr. Stillmans 14 Day Shape-Up Program, published in 1974.

2 medium egg youlks
4 medium egg whites
6 Tbsp. creamed cottage cheese
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 packet granulated artificial sweetener (equal to sweetness of 1 tsp. sugar) omit if you wish

Have eggs at room temperature; separate yolks and whites carefully. Beat yolks and add baking powder cottage cheese, flour and sweetener, mixing until quite smooth. (Such small quantities of baking powder and flour are pwermitted because they add negligible calories and carbohydrates per serving.) Let mixture stand for 10 minutes until set.

Then beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the yolk mixture very gently into the egg whites. Place finished mixture into a no-stick loaf pan about 7 3/8 x 3 5/8 x 2 1/4 or spray ordinary pan with pure vegetable no-stick coating.

Bake 45 minutes in 325 F preheated oven; turn oven down to 300 F and continue baking 25 more minutes.

Set baking pan on rack and let cool before turning bread out on a rack. Don't slice until cool.

This is an airy, slightly moist type of bread with a fresh, clean, "eggy" flavour.

Refrigerate leftovers in clear food wrap or aluminum foil, and enjoy for several days. Can be frozen if desired.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Hey everyone !!!! I enjoyed my off plan day .... and I am ready for Tilapia tomorrow .... I am so excited to get back on plan, and seeing if I get better weight loss results with fish .... I am going to weigh myself on Tuesday .... I always go up immediately on the scale after eating carbs and it is most definitely always water weight .... I ate 2 slices of naan bread .... bread ha ! I loved it .... My off plan meals will be enjoyed in moderation .... I know better now not to go over board.... I ate till I felt comfortable full not stuffed .... I hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday ! Good Luck and keep on losing !!!!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
It sounds like you're doing a great job of maintaining! Don't discount your confidence in how you look and the progress you've made!! You worked hard to get to your goal, you deserve to indulge in some candies or yogurt or other little treats every once in a while. Water weight is easy to lose (just a day or two on plan) when you start feeling bloated but it's not like you're gaining fat, especially with all your exercise. Just saying, as a reminder, we can't always let the numbers on the scale define how we feel about ourselves! I'm guilty of this as well, but the way we feel when we look in the mirror or at a picture and see the progress we've made is equally if not more important, in my opinion. Especially if you can't even tell the difference between a lb or two, we are our own harshest critics!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i made something very similar to this, except i replace the flour with soy protein.
Shreem, How did it taste ? I have yet to try it ....
Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykay View Post

Today I am 196.
Sammykay ! You have a very nice smile ! Good luck with stillman's again .... I heard .... A returning customer is a good sign ....
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!! Down another 0.5 today, 146 on the nose. Going to hit up 75 minute hot yoga class, the best way to rid yourself of any water retention- LOL!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #675
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I too am down another .5, which means I only have .5 to lose by tomorrow's weigh in to hit the 5 pound loss for the week!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #676
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zulloc
Stats: (5' 1") 142/142/110
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 5/16/14
Mim and Healthy For Life congrats on your .5 losses today. Wish I could have joined you but I went up .2
Angelstill good job on your off weekend. I can't ever stay in control when I eat off plan, I guess I lack will power? Its hard enough that hubby is on lifetime maintenance and he can eat all kinds of fat, veggies, berries and creams and such that I would love to dive into. He is so sweet though and tries to eat them in another room so I don't crave them too badly.
Shreem love that pic of your doggie. How did the bread taste?
LittleLavender Chipotle was soooo my weakness. I've made a point to stay away from there since April. But I really miss it. I too have a whole fun new/old wardrobe waiting with just 10 more lbs.
Welcome SammyKay. Where you've been there done this, I am new to stillmans but I too am trying to lose baby weight. Well seeing as my youngest of 3 kiddos is 7 years old, I've been trying for 7 years to lose the baby weight.
Here's to a happy Monday to you all and here's to a clean stillman's week of eating and many lbs lost between us all.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Good morning to all,

Well, this last weekend I ate on stills plan, but I ate a tad bit more then usual and had some cottage cheese. I gained about 3.0lb.

That got me thinking, if I gain 3lbs with just a little more on plan stuff, what is going to happen when I go back to off plan stuff to eat. Do I want to eat just fish, turkey and chicken and stay around 500 cals a day for the rest of my life?

I don't think so.

Dr. Stillman also said not to stay on the QWL diet for more then two weeks at a time.

I'm thinking about changing to the 17 day diet for a few weeks on July 2nd.
It has 3 cycles that you do. Then I could come back to stills after that for 2 weeks.

I might not loss as much as what I have on stills,(however most people say that they do) but it is a more normal way to eat, live and it has been very successful for a lot of people.

I will miss all of you when I go, but I just can't eat like this much longer and I don't really think it is healthy for me to do for very long periods of time. I want to loss weight very much, but my health is more important.

I am 60 years old and get concerned about things like bone loss, etc. I have also noticed that I am losing my hair. This is happening even with my Vitamins. Fortunately I have a lot of hair.

I will be on stills until July 2nd and checking in as usual.

Best wishes to you all!

Last edited by CoCo; 06-25-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #678
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Good morning to all,

Well, this last weekend I ate on stills plan, but I ate a tad bit more then usual and had some cottage cheese. I gained about 3.0lb.

That got me thinking, if I gain 3lbs with just a little more on plan stuff, what is going to happen when I go back to off plan stuff to eat. Do I want to eat just fish, turkey and chicken and stay around 500 cals a day for the rest of my life?

I don't think so.

Dr. Stillman also said not to stay on the QWL diet for more then two weeks at a time.

It has 3 cycles that you do. Then I could come back to stills after that for 2 weeks.

I might not loss as much as what I have on stills,(however most people say that they do) but it is a more normal way to eat, live and it has been very successful for a lot of people.

I will miss all of you when I go, but I just can't eat like this much longer and I don't really think it is healthy for me to do for very long periods of time. I want to loss weight very much, but my health is more important.

I am 60 years old and get concerned about things like bone loss, etc. I have also noticed that I am losing my hair. This is happening even with my Vitamins. Fortunately I have a lot of hair.

Best wishes to you all!
Sorry it's not working out for you, Coco, but if you don't think it's healthy for you then there probably is no way it will work in the long run. You have to do what works for you!

I would suspect the dairy caused the weekend weight gain...many of us just cannot eat dairy without gaining a lot of water-weight (that's the "dairy stall" a lot of people on any kind of low-carb talk about.)

I also think as we get older we don't digest dairy as well, which probably makes an even bigger impact when we're eating low-carb. I'm in Florida a lot of the year and hearing older folks talking about their health issues all the time. An awful lot of them have quit eating dairy because they have issues with digesting dairy..."bloating" has been mentioned often, which of course also involves a lot of water retention. (I know you're not "elderly"...60 yrs. young...just saying that as we age things change, as I'm sure you already know, lol.) Even the hair loss...hate to say it, but that's common, too, no matter what you're eating. Sad fact of getting older. Was just talking about that with my hairdresser a few weeks ago and she was saying how thin a lot of older women's hair gets, even when it was once very thick.

Best wishes on finding a plan that will work for you and keep you feeling healthy. Do be sure to come back & keep us posted on how your cycling plan works out. It's always good to hear about possible options that work for others...sometimes we can find new plans to try from hearing what works for others.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-25-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #679
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CoCo - you don't have to go, even if you are not following strict Stillman's. Many here are not following it. I don't believe at 60 the "getting older" explanations are appropriate. Dairy is a hard one. Some have found they stall with cottage cheese and others are fine with it. I can't eat any dairy. Hair loss is normal with any quick loss diet. It most often comes back fuller than ever and no one goes bald. It is just part of our bodies adjusting to the weight loss and chang in diet. I personally think Stillman's is one of the healthiest plans going. But only what you think is important. So, find what works and makes you comfortable, and please don't feel like you have to go, if you find this forum helpful.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulloc View Post
Mim and Healthy For Life congrats on your .5 losses today. Wish I could have joined you but I went up .2
Angelstill good job on your off weekend. I can't ever stay in control when I eat off plan, I guess I lack will power? Its hard enough that hubby is on lifetime maintenance and he can eat all kinds of fat, veggies, berries and creams and such that I would love to dive into. He is so sweet though and tries to eat them in another room so I don't crave them too badly.
Shreem love that pic of your doggie. How did the bread taste?
LittleLavender Chipotle was soooo my weakness. I've made a point to stay away from there since April. But I really miss it. I too have a whole fun new/old wardrobe waiting with just 10 more lbs.
Welcome SammyKay. Where you've been there done this, I am new to stillmans but I too am trying to lose baby weight. Well seeing as my youngest of 3 kiddos is 7 years old, I've been trying for 7 years to lose the baby weight.
Here's to a happy Monday to you all and here's to a clean stillman's week of eating and many lbs lost between us all.

Thank you ! I wouldn't say I have will power .... I think it is more a long the lines of I am tired of the same old story .... I start a diet, I lose, I am tempted then food wins and I gain .... Then I find myself making excuses for eating and then saying Oh , tomorrow I will do much better , and tomorrow comes and then I find another excuse to eat the foods I shouldn't .... Now, I look forward to eating something special once or twice a week ..... I find going off plan works for me as long as I get right back on plan .... If I had to do the strict Stillman's for months till I reached my goal weight, I would probably go crazy and do much more damage .... With my WOE meal plans I am strict for five or six days .... Off plan days I enjoy low carb or healthy foods .... And if I ever need to eat something not strict Stillman's it is one of these foods I have on hand , a packet of dry unsalted almonds .... or a mozzarella stick .... a piece of hard parmasan cheese .... All low carbs and healthy I call it a quick fix for the tummy .... Good luck losing !!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

oh, Tilapia seasoned with cilantro and mexican seasoning .... Yummy ! Water and of course espresso .... I take Biotin 5000 mcg supplements, it is good for hair and nails .... So are high protein foods .... Here is an interesting article .....

10 Amazing Foods That Help Prevent Hair Loss
By Matthew CenzonΙ January 31, 2012

For some people, hair loss is an inevitable adversity they must face due to their genetic makeup. Many look for various treatments to prevent or reverse the process of hair loss. Others search for various ways to conceal it, and some people learn to embrace it. While some are often resigned to their genetic disposition, many people who fear what may come of their hair as they age do extensive research on ways to prevent hair loss.
If you're looking to make a change and keep those locks on top of your head strong and healthy, you might want to add these foods that prevent hair loss to your regular diet:
1. Fish
Hair is mostly made of protein, so it's no mystery why it is considered a very important nutrient for healthy hair. Salmon, tuna, mackerel and cod are all great sources of protein, and they come with numerous health benefits from omega 3 fatty acids. But, why can't you eat red-meat for your hair strengthening, protein source? Red-meat, chicken and other sources of protein are fine, just as long as they are not high in fat. Diets high in fat can increase testosterone levels in the body, which has been linked to hair loss. It's good to add more protein to your diet, but you want to avoid foods high in fat, which is why fish is such a great food source that prevents hair loss.
2. Eggs and Dairy Products
If you're a vegetarian looking for more foods with protein to strengthen your hair, eggs and dairy products make for adequate food sources. Just remember to watch the fat, and opt for healthier products like low-fat yogurt or skim milk. Egg and dairy products also have significant amounts of vitamin A, which can help produce sebum in the scalp. Sebum is a type of oil that the body secretes to lubricate the skin and hair.
3. Beans
Vegans can also find sufficient protein food sources to help prevent hair loss with beans and other legumes. Another added benefit found in beans that can help prevent hair loss is vitamin E. The vitamin E found in beans acts as an antioxidant that can help increase scalp circulation. If you are suffering from high blood pressure and are under medication, consult your physician before increasing your vitamin E intake.
4. Whole Grains
Whole grains have numerous benefits that can help prevent hair loss. Foods like whole wheat breads and cereals contain vitamin B7, which can help prevent hair loss while suppressing the formation of gray hair.
5. Poultry
Like it was mentioned before, chicken and other forms of poultry are foods high in protein and low in fat that can help prevent hair loss. Poultry also contains vitamin B3, a nutrient that encourages better blood circulation in the scalp.
6. Fruits High in Vitamin C
When leaning towards fruits as a food that will help prevent hair loss, you want to choose the types that are loaded with vitamin C. Some good examples are:
Oranges
Cantaloupes
Strawberries
Kiwis
These foods contain a significant amount of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant that can help maintain the skin and hair. Vitamin C is also important for helping the absorption of iron, another nutrient that is important for preventing hair loss.
7. Carrots
Carrots are commonly known as good food for the eyes, but they are also good food for the hair. Like eggs and dairy products, the vitamin A found in carrots is important for producing healthy sebum for the scalp. This will keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
8. Shrimp
Shrimps and other foods high in zinc are important for preventing hair loss. The zinc found in shrimps attach to the glands connected to hair follicles. Increasing your intake of this nutrient will help keep your hair from thinning. Some studies suggest that taking in too much zinc can actually cause your hair loss because of the possibility of increased testosterone levels. The Recommended Daily Amount (RDA) of zinc is 11 milligrams if you intend to use this nutrient to prevent hair loss.
9. Nuts
Consider adding more nuts like almonds, peanuts and walnuts to your diet to help prevent hair loss. Not only do they contain omega 3 fatty acids that can help condition your hair, but they also are a great source of zinc, which can help prevent hair from shedding.
10. Dark Green Vegetables
Spinach, broccoli and other dark green vegetables are also great sources for vitamin A and C. Like many other foods on this list, these vegetables help produce the natural hair conditioner known as sebum.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Good morning to all,

I don't think so.

Best wishes to you all!
CoCo .... Dieting especially QWL diets are very extreme to our bodies and everyone reacts differently .... due to age, weight, gender etc.... You are correct , Dr. Stillman said not to stay on the QWL diet for more then two weeks at a time. true .... That is why you need to take a break from the totally strict QWL to moderate dieting .... After an off plan weekend I gain some weight also , I lose that water weight quickly once I incorporate a higher ratio of protein than carbohydrates .... I lose or hardly gain if I eat a high protein meat or fish with low carb veggies and berries for dessert .... It is sort of atkins with out the high fat ratio .... Think the Scarsdale diet it sort of meets somewhere between the two other doctor's diets .... In any case Coco I wish you the best of luck in a healthy weight loss regime that works perfect for you !!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning everyone!! Down another 0.5 today, 146 on the nose. Going to hit up 75 minute hot yoga class, the best way to rid yourself of any water retention- LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I too am down another .5, which means I only have .5 to lose by tomorrow's weigh in to hit the 5 pound loss for the week!
Awesome WTG !!!! hot yoga ? I will like to try that I suppose .... perhaps I can get the boyfriend to join in with me ....
Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #684
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I did it! I lost the Stillman 5! Funny how staying on strict Stillman's gives the results he promised. In the last two weeks I have lost 9 pounds. Go me! I will be able to stay on strict Stillman's through Saturday. Sunday morning I leave for the conference where the majority of my meals will be in my hotel room. Tuna. I will have a few meals out with friends, but should be able to stay low carb. I'm taking my scale with me because I love the daily weigh ins. One more half pound to go to bring my total to 25 lost. I should see that tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #685
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Hello, just popping in to say that I have the Stillman book, and I've read it several times. I don't think he says anywhere that you should only stay on QWL for only 2 weeks at a time for any health reasons ... unless I missed something?

I think he suggests it may be easier if you (and that some of his patients did) incorporate "breaks" into the diet because of bordeom reasons, but it's fine to stick with it until you lose your weight as long as you are supplementing with vitamins.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Sorry it's not working out for you, Coco, but if you don't think it's healthy for you then there probably is no way it will work in the long run. You have to do what works for you!

I would suspect the dairy caused the weekend weight gain...many of us just cannot eat dairy without gaining a lot of water-weight (that's the "dairy stall" a lot of people on any kind of low-carb talk about.)

I also think as we get older we don't digest dairy as well, which probably makes an even bigger impact when we're eating low-carb. I'm in Florida a lot of the year and hearing older folks talking about their health issues all the time. An awful lot of them have quit eating dairy because they have issues with digesting dairy..."bloating" has been mentioned often, which of course also involves a lot of water retention. (I know you're not "elderly"...60 yrs. young...just saying that as we age things change, as I'm sure you already know, lol.) Even the hair loss...hate to say it, but that's common, too, no matter what you're eating. Sad fact of getting older. Was just talking about that with my hairdresser a few weeks ago and she was saying how thin a lot of older women's hair gets, even when it was once very thick.

Best wishes on finding a plan that will work for you and keep you feeling healthy. Do be sure to come back & keep us posted on how your cycling plan works out. It's always good to hear about possible options that work for others...sometimes we can find new plans to try from hearing what works for others.
I was having a very hard day yesterday and felt really down, I'm better today.
I never thought about the dairy effect. I did feel so bloated.

I don't have any health issues yet. Don't take any medications. Just a little heartburn once in a while, but on stills. Bone health is something all of us women need to be aware of from the age of 30 on.

I will stay in touch and let you know how I do on the 17 day diet. I might do cycle 1 and then return to still for 2 weeks, that's sort of my plan for now.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CoCo - you don't have to go, even if you are not following strict Stillman's. Many here are not following it. I don't believe at 60 the "getting older" explanations are appropriate. Dairy is a hard one. Some have found they stall with cottage cheese and others are fine with it. I can't eat any dairy. Hair loss is normal with any quick loss diet. It most often comes back fuller than ever and no one goes bald. It is just part of our bodies adjusting to the weight loss and chang in diet. I personally think Stillman's is one of the healthiest plans going. But only what you think is important. So, find what works and makes you comfortable, and please don't feel like you have to go, if you find this forum helpful.
Thank you Mim, you ladies are the best bunch of woman how could I go away for ever. I'll be checking in for sure.

I sure hope your right about the hair loss, I know you loss hair as you age and I have, but not like this. If it comes back fuller, hay that's a plus!

I love this forum and it is always helpful. I was afraid to post yesterday because I did not want anyone to get on my case, I was feeling pretty down.
That was silly of me, I should have known all of you would be your wonderful selves. Positive and supportive.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies! I'm down another 0.5 today (even after a very salty meal last night!) weighed in at 145.5 today, woot woot! Angel I swear by hot yoga, I practice the baptiste type, it's power vinyasa style, very challenging. A great workout and excellent for toning and torching major calories at the same time. I leave for our summer home on saturday morning for the long weekend- my goal is to be 140!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #689
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I did it! I lost the Stillman 5! Funny how staying on strict Stillman's gives the results he promised. In the last two weeks I have lost 9 pounds. Go me! I will be able to stay on strict Stillman's through Saturday. Sunday morning I leave for the conference where the majority of my meals will be in my hotel room. Tuna. I will have a few meals out with friends, but should be able to stay low carb. I'm taking my scale with me because I love the daily weigh ins. One more half pound to go to bring my total to 25 lost. I should see that tomorrow!
Good Job Mim, that is great news
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #690
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi ladies! I'm down another 0.5 today (even after a very salty meal last night!) weighed in at 145.5 today, woot woot! Angel I swear by hot yoga, I practice the baptiste type, it's power vinyasa style, very challenging. A great workout and excellent for toning and torching major calories at the same time. I leave for our summer home on saturday morning for the long weekend- my goal is to be 140!
Every .5 is an inspiration. I've never tried hot yoga but have a few friends who love it. Hubby and I walk every night after dinner and last night it was still 104* at 7:30pm so we did HOT walking. Does that count?
Closed Thread