Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Well today was a milestone for me. I bought my first bikini in years!! I gotta say I was just a teeny weeny bit proud of myself. I literally smiled all the way home!! It is a 34A top with an S bottoms-from a normal high street store!
Ok I still feel very uncomfortable in it, and yeah I don't think I'll be a Victoria Secret Model anytime soon, and yeah I could do with losing a couple more pounds and my legs could be tighter etc etc---but as I was standing there I was thinking--these are what 'normal' girls think (those who have never had any real weight issues!), this is what you read in mags, like the --4 week shape up plan for the beach or something. I used to read those and think gosh I wish I had those problems!
So considering that 3 years ago I couldn't wear any of the clothes in this store, and now I'm actually wearing an S in one of their bikinis--it really makes all the hard work worth it!
Now I need to bottle this feeling cos mostly when I look in the mirror I see someone huge--well not really hugely overweight-just 'big'.
So girls I just want to stay to those starting out, Stillman's works!! And works well! If I can do it, anyone can.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh ---and it is actually a polka dot bikini!! --ok it's not teeny weeny tho!!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
my stomach is getting flat flat flat. i am so happy to have found you guys. doing my situps again and hip rolls again. that works great for me. they are stomach crunches, not full situps, so better on my back. very low fat, all protein and very low carbs. i did have yogurt and know that's not on the list. will see what happens tomorrow morning with that in. i have not felt this great for such a long time. lots of energy and feeling like my old self, which is good.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Mommy522 - I'd eat the turkey burger w/the peppers for now, but switch to the lean ground turkey once you finish it up.

I've lost 8 pounds in the last 4 days.

You will gain on your cheat day, but after day 1 back on Stillmans it's gone. For some reason the cheat seems to solidify the loss. Today is my day 5, but my cheat day will be tomorrow.

Had I continued on, with no cheat, I might have been able to stay on plan maybe another week or so. And what happens is people REALLY fall of the wagon and don't get back on for another 2 weeks which results in all the lost weight re-gained.

This is why a cheat day each week is critical for me. I get a psychological break, and it keeps me going, whereas normally I'd get burnt out.

The discipline come in to being able to get back to plan that very next day. So yes, there are benefits - but there are also restrictions.

FYI to all the non-exercisers: I lose MORE weight walking than with my running. I just love running, otherwise I'd walk. Walk for 45 mins 3-4 days per week. And later in the day, if you can. My appetite is nearly nonexistent after my 5pm run. This makes sticking to plan even that much easier.

Tip: salt and seasoning (even the salt already in your food that you DON'T add) will stimulate your appetite and cause you to eat more. Eat bland foods and you will be able to stop eating and feel more satisfied with less food.

Last edited by SillyErin; 06-02-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

"Getting there" I know that exact feeling...it feels surreal doesn't it? Almost like it doesn't set in, and it's hard to believe.

Someone had called me "tiny" in the general sense, when describing me to someone else. I remember trying to grasp that and thought: "ok, maybe tiny compared to what I used to be...but not an actual tiny person"

The challenge comes in with seeing yourself as you really are now. A thin person. And it's so hard because the fat mentality is ingrained. But it's important to mentally adjust because you HAVE to be able to enjoy and feel that joy in what YOU have worked so hard for, right?

Cause then, what's the point? I don't want to lose weight for OTHER people to see. I want to be able to see it too!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Exercise, exercise, exercise girls---no diet will shape your body as well as the right exercise!
Agreed .... I plan on walking after each meal weather permitting of course .... I do some stretches .... when I am sitting down typing I do exercises like butt squeeze .... I have to make time to work out the arms though not to bulk just to firm up a bit .... look I am getting older will I be as firm as I was at twenty no but every bit counts .... (Getting there!!!!) will be firm and toned I like that concept I feel motivated .... I still will do my jump rope and walking then I will try some sort of arm firming technique that I feel comfortable with ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Well today was a milestone for me. I bought my first bikini in years!! I gotta say I was just a teeny weeny bit proud of myself. I literally smiled all the way home!! It is a 34A top with an S bottoms-from a normal high street store! ...So girls I just want to stay to those starting out, Stillman's works!! And works well! If I can do it, anyone can.

LOVE reading this kind of news. Enjoy your new suit
Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyLandon View Post
I really want to go back to Strict Stillmans. I'm leaving on vacation next week and I need to lose more weight! I need motivation!
Silly Erin and Getting there are motivation !!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I will never feel comfortable in my own skin to wear a bikini again, but a nice one piece with lovely sarong perhaps ....
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Well today was a milestone for me. I bought my first bikini in years!! I gotta say I was just a teeny weeny bit proud of myself. I literally smiled all the way home!! It is a 34A top with an S bottoms-from a normal high street store!
Ok I still feel very uncomfortable in it, and yeah I don't think I'll be a Victoria Secret Model anytime soon, and yeah I could do with losing a couple more pounds and my legs could be tighter etc etc---but as I was standing there I was thinking--these are what 'normal' girls think (those who have never had any real weight issues!), this is what you read in mags, like the --4 week shape up plan for the beach or something. I used to read those and think gosh I wish I had those problems!
So considering that 3 years ago I couldn't wear any of the clothes in this store, and now I'm actually wearing an S in one of their bikinis--it really makes all the hard work worth it!
Now I need to bottle this feeling cos mostly when I look in the mirror I see someone huge--well not really hugely overweight-just 'big'.
So girls I just want to stay to those starting out, Stillman's works!! And works well! If I can do it, anyone can.
That's awesome, congratulations!! I'm sure that feels amazing!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #41
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
GT !!!!! What a wonderful way to start my morning - reading your bikini post! Congratulations!!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to head out. I've got a 2 hour drive to get to the celebration - it starts at 11 with the banquet following at 1 or 1:30 - I can't remember. I am so ready to stay on plan! I am going to be two sizes down by July 1st. That means I best get started exercising! Tonight I'm going to start Strong Women Stay Young. I had remarkable arms the last time I followed that program. And with that - I'm off! Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
That is awesome! You are such motivation! I can't wait to be where you are.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Mommy522 - I'd eat the turkey burger w/the peppers for now, but switch to the lean ground turkey once you finish it up.

I've lost 8 pounds in the last 4 days.
Thanks for all the info! I will do that & on my cheat day I'll probably just keep eating the turkey patties and just have some cake for dessert and hopefully that works for me.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
"Getting there" I know that exact feeling...it feels surreal doesn't it? Almost like it doesn't set in, and it's hard to believe.

Someone had called me "tiny" in the general sense, when describing me to someone else. I remember trying to grasp that and thought: "ok, maybe tiny compared to what I used to be...but not an actual tiny person"
I know---a couple of months ago when I was getting blood tests my Doctor said -- well you're very slender---I was shocked! And actually it was probably the best compliment I've gotten in ages. Yeah I get from family and friends you're thin etc. But to me slender was everything I want to be----small boned or fine featured and thin!
Wish I could see it--to me I see kinda dumpy, and big(I know at the same time!)-not hugely overweight or anything--just 'big'. Maybe in time I'll see what others tell me they see.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
GT !!!!! What a wonderful way to start my morning - reading your bikini post! Congratulations!!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to head out. I've got a 2 hour drive to get to the celebration - it starts at 11 with the banquet following at 1 or 1:30 - I can't remember. I am so ready to stay on plan! I am going to be two sizes down by July 1st. That means I best get started exercising! Tonight I'm going to start Strong Women Stay Young. I had remarkable arms the last time I followed that program. And with that - I'm off! Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Oooooh arms---another of my body that I really hate! I must look it up!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
That is awesome! You are such motivation! I can't wait to be where you are.
You will be! Stillman really does work!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Yea I know what you mean by "big"...I will feel like a linebacker sometimes. And I think I feel almost big like a guy, and by losing weight Im TRYING to feel more feminine. Because in society's view: women should be petite and small )...so I think (my theory, anyway) why a lot of us women seek to be thin is to feel MORE feminine!

And DO NOT feel feminine when Im carrying around extra weight.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know---a couple of months ago when I was getting blood tests my Doctor said -- well you're very slender---I was shocked! And actually it was probably the best compliment I've gotten in ages. Yeah I get from family and friends you're thin etc. But to me slender was everything I want to be----small boned or fine featured and thin!
Wish I could see it--to me I see kinda dumpy, and big(I know at the same time!)-not hugely overweight or anything--just 'big'. Maybe in time I'll see what others tell me they see.
Take "After" pictures and compare them to pictures of you before! Maybe even at different stages of your weight loss. Sometimes it's hard for us to gauge how we really look since we see ourselves everyday. Having something to look at and compare it to makes it easier. I felt like I couldn't really see the weight coming off me until I took a picture of myself and compared it to "Before" pictures. It helped me not only see that there was a noticeable difference, but also where exactly the big differences were!

Also, after all the great success you've had, I just had to ask: what's your story/secret? I'm not sure I saw it if you posted it before.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I am gonna get serious about starting the turkey burger diet once my boyfriend leaves tomorrow! Hoping to see some encouraging results! He'll be gone Monday-Friday so I hope to impress him by the time he gets back. I am about 4 lbs away from the biggest you can be at a "healthy" weight according to the BMI. Although I think we all probably know the BMI is kinda full of crap, it's still exciting to be considered "normal" weight from some reference point. I've never been this close in my life.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Goodness. Reading Erin and Getting there posts made me so happy this morning. I went into my old photo albums from when I was at my heaviest and put the two worst pics in the mirror for inspiration. It was 55 pounds ago, and I am getting so excited to be only 25 pounds from my goal with three months to go til I get back to school. Aaaahhhhhh.

Any one no about how much we should be eating? I had today:
Coffee with skim milk and splenda
Ham omelet
Leftover ground turkey (1/2 cup)
White meat chicken
Turkey burger 1/2

I can't figure out whether that is too much or not enough. Anyone have any advice?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Goodness. Reading Erin and Getting there posts made me so happy this morning. I went into my old photo albums from when I was at my heaviest and put the two worst pics in the mirror for inspiration. It was 55 pounds ago, and I am getting so excited to be only 25 pounds from my goal with three months to go til I get back to school. Aaaahhhhhh.

Any one no about how much we should be eating? I had today:
Coffee with skim milk and splenda
Ham omelet
Leftover ground turkey (1/2 cu )
White meat chicken
Turkey burger 1/2

I can't figure out whether that is too much or not enough. Anyone have any advice?
Do you still lose using skim milk? Just curious (I really miss the HWC) As for quantities...my understanding is it's just supposed to be very lean meat, virtually no-carb WOE...eat until satisfied (but not stuffed.) The only dairy officially on the Stillman's approved food list is the LF cottage cheese...and looks like that stalls a lot of people, according to the posts around here. It does look like some folks are eating very low calorie, too...but I'm not convinced that's necessary. We had good success before with Stillman's and we were not restricting meat quantities--just keeping it very low fat & as near to zero-carb as we could get. We'll see what happens; could be we'll go the very low calories, too. And YMMV, of course.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-03-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Hi GT! Nicely said and congratulations on getting the bikini... Will we get some shots? I'm not in bikini land yet... well I am from the waist up but I woud have to sarong it for the bottom half. I have never worn a full bathing suit though... choosing in the past to look ridiculous in full clothing on the beach. I really need to get this last bit of weight off. I need to change my stats and that ticker thing. I have about 14 pounds to goal but I seem to be stuck... just can not get into the Stillman's groove. I am having a small op on the 12th and I really wanted it gone by then... I know it is possible if I stick to plan - I think I lost about a stone my first ever week of Stills. Why am I finding it so blooming difficult??????????? Probs because I have reached a stage where I can pretty much eat what I want and not gain. Not complaining but I really need to get my A into G. Any wise words peeps?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
my stomach is getting flat flat flat. i am so happy to have found you guys. doing my situps again and hip rolls again. that works great for me. they are stomach crunches, not full situps, so better on my back. very low fat, all protein and very low carbs. i did have yogurt and know that's not on the list. will see what happens tomorrow morning with that in. i have not felt this great for such a long time. lots of energy and feeling like my old self, which is good.
Hello Shreem... nice to have you here. I'm an oldie who has gotten into the habit of disappearing for long periods... gonna try and stick around this time. Glad you are feeling good, it really is the way in my opinion! I have not read through the posts but hello and welcome to any other newbies and of course everyone else.

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-03-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

The challenge comes in with seeing yourself as you really are now. A thin person. And it's so hard because the fat mentality is ingrained. But it's important to mentally adjust because you HAVE to be able to enjoy and feel that joy in what YOU have worked so hard for, right?

Cause then, what's the point? I don't want to lose weight for OTHER people to see. I want to be able to see it too!
Is funny because I put my weight on about 8 years ago and very quickly so I had a skinny mentality thing going on. I mean I knew I was large but if I saw something pretty in a shop I would always buy it in my old size which meant I could never wear it! I use to pretend I was shopping for my daughter so as not to alarm the sometimes very rude sales assistants. Thanks to Stills, I am enjoying my wardrobe now... still a few things I can not get into but as of today I am working on it!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

CC, I was thinking of you when Kate came out yesterday. She looked stunning in red did she not!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Do you still lose using skim milk? Just curious (I really miss the HWC) As for quantities...my understanding is it's just supposed to be very lean meat, virtually no-carb WOE...eat until satisfied (but not stuffed.) The only dairy officially on the Stillman's approved food list is the LF cottage cheese...and looks like that stalls a lot of people, according to the posts around here. It does look like some folks are eating very low calorie, too...but I'm not convinced that's necessary. We had good success before with Stillman's and we were not restricting meat quantities--just keeping it very low fat & as near to zero-carb as we could get. We'll see what happens; could be we'll go the very low calories, too. And YMMV, of course.
I guess no to the losing with skim milk, because I had a looooot of coffee yesterday and I went up .5 back to 150.5. I am gonna cut all dairy and hope for a big drop. Do you limit the amount of eggs? I know I have read before that someone just did meat for a couple days.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Makeme!!!! How are the street paries?! Yeah Kate looked lovely--and thin as ever!!
I'm prob not bikini ready yet either!! Lol! But I figure I've got about 6 weeks before the hols! And it's more like the Kelly Brooke ones in New Look--high waisted bottoms covering up the backside!
Jealous that you can pretty much eat what you want!! Wish I was there....!!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

A lot of people find dairy stalls them--so stay away if you can!!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Take "After" pictures and compare them to pictures of you before! Maybe even at different stages of your weight loss. Sometimes it's hard for us to gauge how we really look since we see ourselves everyday. Having something to look at and compare it to makes it easier. I felt like I couldn't really see the weight coming off me until I took a picture of myself and compared it to "Before" pictures. It helped me not only see that there was a noticeable difference, but also where exactly the big differences were!

Also, after all the great success you've had, I just had to ask: what's your story/secret? I'm not sure I saw it if you posted it before.
Oh if you read the old post it's everywhere!! Lol!
No secret, just keep plugging away at it!
Quickly-started in Nov08--I did Stills with a small salad every day. Menu was eggs for breakfast, salmon with sliced tomato for lunch and tuna/turkey/chicken with a small salad for dinner. In a year I had about 3 planned cheats--(i was sooo dedicated back then!!) and almost to the day I had lost 100lbs in a year. I continued like that pretty much for another year-more cheats tho! And pretty much every since. In the real 'weight loss phase!' I ate no AS or dairy-apart from a tiny amount of skimmed milk in my tea. I really didn't drink any coffee either. I've pretty much maitained my weight in as far as I've never really gained more than about 5lbs inc water weight.
I exercised from day1--starting with Mari Winsor Pilates DvDs, moving on to biking, then Bar Method, Callanetics and Insanity.
If I have any 'secret' or words of wisdom then it would be the exercise. I'm a firm believer in it--nothing shapes you like it. I think the more you have to lose the more important it is. I put my 'good' skin down to it.that and to eating salmon every single day for nearly 2years!!! I have a completely different shape now than even when I was thinner. And I don't look as though I've lost a lot of weight-so I'm told anyway! I feel as though I can tell!
Stillmans --and really any low carb whole food woe works and works well, so good luck with it!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}} yep same here was watching the flotilla replay and thinking of our UK gals.............

props to all the losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{GT}}}}}}}.........nothing really does feel as good as thin.........Mum kept remarking how flat my tumtum is and how skinny my legs are.........O I sooo sopped that up!

well, after two hour delays and a missed flight Mum is finally home. I killed of her pinot grigio and have some veggies still left but already cooked up skinless turkey thighs and have salmon ready, so I'm good to go........
Closed Thread