Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealything View Post
hi all...

I never thought I'd say this, but I want to try Stillmans.

I've been a diehard atkins fan for almost a decade, but my success has been spotty... usually I lose up to 40 lbs and then my diet gets derailed by poor choices or life circumstances inspiring me to eat more. so now I'm down to 207, from 238. I've been bouncing between 211 and 207 for a month and a half. I wanted to be under 200 by July 1, but I don't think that will happen.

anyway I wanted to do a meat and egg fast, but some searches on the topic led me here. I've been lurking for the past week and Stillmans is starting to make sense in a crazy way. but I have lots of Atkins food (cheese, ham, onions and mushrooms) to eat up first!
You can reach that July 1st goal if you start right away. I just finished day 6 and I'm down 7.6. I started at 165.1. You can do this.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I have been doing strict Stillmans' since Tuesday and thus far have only lost 2 pounds. I'm kinda bummed but I have until Tuesday to drop a few more. Today may be an eating out day - my granddaughter (age 4) wants to take Daddy out somewhere special. We may end up at the Steak 'n Shake! I haven't looked at their menu and the last time I was there I wasn't dieting! If there isn't anything I can eat, I'll just have coffee and have tuna when we leave! I'm very committed to staying on plan. And even if I don't make the Stillman 5 pound loss this week, I'm staying true to plan until I go to the conference July 1.

Happy Sunday! I've gotta run!
I love your positive thinking, it really is a mind set like so many things in life.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #543
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vyomguy
Stats: 221.2/177.2/160
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: June 11 2012
Hello guys,

Just wanted to check in and say that I started my stillman diet on last Monday. So far I have lost about 9 pounds....from 221.2 to 212.2.

I am mainly eating chicken, turkey, low fat pastarami, low fat turkey pepperoni. Other than that, I am drinking lots of tea and water. No sugar or creamer for the tea.

The first 2-3 days I saw very little drop...but past 3 days, I have seen drops of 2,3 and 2 pounds. I think maybe because my body has entered into ketosis???...or I maybe losing my water weight.

Either way, 5-10 pounds was expected in first week of stillman as I have read. From week 2 onwards its around 4-5 pounds a week. So lets see how it goes.

I havent started any exercise yet. I am worried if it might slow down my weight loss. I know that you gain muscle weight when u exercise. When u gain muscles, the body tends to lose muscle weight first before losing fat weight. I might be mistaken here...but can someone explain whether exercising is good or bad during stillman?

I plan to start exercise after I reach my goal of 60 pounds. Until then, I am not sure if exercise would speed up or slow down my weight loss.

Last edited by vyomguy; 06-17-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'll do a fish only stint with you. I am not going to give up my coffee - but I've always had it black, and I don't do artificial sweeteners. So, I'm in!
I'm in for 2 fish days and 2 turkey burger days. I try to have only 1 diet coke a day, it works for me so far. I've slowed down the past two days so I hope that 2 fish and 2 turkey days strick will kick start things again.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #545
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Okay, finally got down to 145.5 on Friday, then I did as I promised my sister and had a cheat weekend. I ate salad (little vinagrette) and had a glass of wine yesterday and today I had a little bit of a bloody mary and a small piece of the tres leches I made my dad for Dad's Day. She took away and hid my scale as per my request, so hopefully my lil refeed helped me and I will be able to get to 141 by Saturday with a completely stillman, splenda free week. I know I am eating out Friday night but it is at a fancy steak place, so I should be able to just do a grilled fish and it wouldn't be weird.

Any one else kick the scale/ do a refeed? I figured the plateauing would end and I would be super focused for 5 days on no cheats and it would help me. If not, I will go back to weighing myself every 5 minutes. Granted, I do go to the gym every day and there is a scale there, but I wanna try to a least make it til wed before caving.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Oh! my mouth in watering, it looks soooo good! But not for me right now, No CoCo NO!
I'm sorry! Lol I feel bad now. But think of it as something to look forward to? It was good and I was still down .2 this morning after eating it for dinner last night. When you lose your cravings, you can do it too!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Good Monday Morning...hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hubby & I went out to lunch, and then had a steak dinner for Father's Day...way too many carbs/fat of course for Stillman's, but not outrageously high. Good news is I was only up .4 this AM so that "cheat" day worked out well.

Hopped right back on Stillman's this AM...boiled egg & low-fat turkey sausage for breakfast...will have gr. chicken patties for lunch & probably tilapia for dinner. Lots of water to flush out that little bit of excess hanging around from yesterday. And then on to new lows

Howdy to vyomguy and thealything...Stillman's works. It's not easy (and can be very, very, very boring. UNTIL you get on the scale and see the numbers moving down. Very rewarding, especially if you've been eating completely "legal" on Atkins and not losing.) Good luck to both of you.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-18-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Hi all. I got on the scale today. Maintaining that goal weight!!!! was bouncing the last 3 pounds for months before finding stillmans, and I'm rock solid at goal and even a tad less today. so happy. stillman works for me.

Last edited by Shreem; 06-18-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
Hi all. I got on the scale today. Maintaining that goal weight!!!! was bouncing the last 3 pounds for months before finding stillmans, and I'm rock solid at goal and even a tad less today. so happy. stillman works for me.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody,
I wanted to put up a ticker, but it's not showing up, can anyone help me with this? I am so bad at this computer stuff.

down .4 on day 7. But I'm down 8.1 in 7 days, that never happened for me before. Started at 165.1.

Things are slowing down. Sat down .8 Sun down .6 and this morning down .4. Is that about normal or does it get worst!
I'm going to do a turkey breast day today, then fish tues, then turkey, then fish.
Don't known what a after that. Any ideas or advise.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
thanks!!! what a relief to have found like minded people.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
I'm sorry! Lol I feel bad now. But think of it as something to look forward to? It was good and I was still down .2 this morning after eating it for dinner last night. When you lose your cravings, you can do it too!
Don't feel bad, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm doing great really no hunger at all. You were able to eat it and still be down .2 WOW!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Woohoo after my off plan weekend, I am still down 1.6 lbs from Friday! It wasn't quite as indulgent as last weekend but I still had loss after eating that pizza Saturday and Sunday! Between my boyfriend and I, we ate the whole thing :3 but he had most of it.

Today is turkey burgers, tomorrow will probably be fish, and then...not sure for the rest of the week quite yet but I'm all stocked up on meats. My weight loss is back at a moderate level, nothing drastic or anything but I can pretty much count on losing at least 2, usually 3 lbs a week, so that's better than feeling stuck like I was before. Hopefully by this weekend I can be down to 141 for a concert I've been excited for! That was the goal I set for myself a while ago, and I'm so close to achieving it! Going shopping on Wednesday for my outfit that I've had planned for a while.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #554
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loseitquickly
My 1 lb loss a day is still going strong...

Loss a lb yesterday and another one today. Down 8 lbs in 6 days

I know that after tomorrow, which ends 1 full week it will slow down so no more daily weigh ins, maybe twice a week. But I'm just thrilled thats it working and I got the jump start that I needed.

Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey
Old 06-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Congrats on the losses, everyone!

My friend just left town this morning. While he was here I went Atkins for 2 meals & a snack: a chef salad with ham, turkey, roast beef, no cheese, and dressed with plain vinegar and salt & pepper. The amount of lettuce I ate was so small, it was almost a Stillman meal. But then I had to have a soy latte with sugarfree syrup with it The next meal was a mushroom omelet, side of bacon, and a small dish of shredded cabbage with a vinegary dressing that might have had sugar in it. Later I had a bag of pork rinds and more soy lattes. (If I drink milk, my skin breaks out, so I try to limit the amount of dairy I eat. I know that I'd be better off not having dairy/soy at all in my coffee, but I just can't! So it's back to learning to love iced Americanos)

And now it's back to Stillman's. If anyone would like to join me, I'm doing a TUNA TUESDAY tomorrow: nothing put plain tuna (no condiments), water, club soda, and unsweetened coffee/tea. The goal is to then do that again on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll start out committing to one day.

Oh, also while my friend was here, I was drinking diet root beer like it was water, and it absolutely left me craving sweets the whole time. I'm thinking I should cut out diet soda entirely, even after I'm done Stillman's. It was fun while it lasted, though.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealything View Post
I live in northern BC now, on the coast. I spent my first 24 years in Ontario, though. I miss the hot summers! it's like 15 degrees celsius here today, and raining

I actually live on the border of Alaska but they have even LESS good groceries there, or else I would go to a US store and buy food. meat and dairy seems amazingly cheap over there!

oh and my avatar is me from like 2008, and I think I was probably yelling at another car on the road or something... my hair is like a foot longer now but otherwise it is pretty accurate. I need to find a good, recent, non-ridiculous one to post.
WOW you are really out there! Should I list the tuna on ebay for you?just kidding........although at those prices it could be profitable.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Hello guys,

Just wanted to check in and say that I started my stillman diet on last Monday. So far I have lost about 9 pounds....from 221.2 to 212.2.

I am mainly eating chicken, turkey, low fat pastarami, low fat turkey pepperoni. Other than that, I am drinking lots of tea and water. No sugar or creamer for the tea.

The first 2-3 days I saw very little drop...but past 3 days, I have seen drops of 2,3 and 2 pounds. I think maybe because my body has entered into ketosis???...or I maybe losing my water weight.

Either way, 5-10 pounds was expected in first week of stillman as I have read. From week 2 onwards its around 4-5 pounds a week. So lets see how it goes.

I havent started any exercise yet. I am worried if it might slow down my weight loss. I know that you gain muscle weight when u exercise. When u gain muscles, the body tends to lose muscle weight first before losing fat weight. I might be mistaken here...but can someone explain whether exercising is good or bad during stillman?

I plan to start exercise after I reach my goal of 60 pounds. Until then, I am not sure if exercise would speed up or slow down my weight loss.
Yeeeeehaaaaaaaawwwww welcome aboard cowboy!
You won't lose any muscle mass on this plan, only fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
all right!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Woohoo after my off plan weekend, I am still down 1.6 lbs from Friday! It wasn't quite as indulgent as last weekend but I still had loss after eating that pizza Saturday and Sunday! Between my boyfriend and I, we ate the whole thing :3 but he had most of it.

Today is turkey burgers, tomorrow will probably be fish, and then...not sure for the rest of the week quite yet but I'm all stocked up on meats. My weight loss is back at a moderate level, nothing drastic or anything but I can pretty much count on losing at least 2, usually 3 lbs a week, so that's better than feeling stuck like I was before. Hopefully by this weekend I can be down to 141 for a concert I've been excited for! That was the goal I set for myself a while ago, and I'm so close to achieving it! Going shopping on Wednesday for my outfit that I've had planned for a while.
excellllllllllllent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loseitquickly View Post
Loss a lb yesterday and another one today. Down 8 lbs in 6 days

I know that after tomorrow, which ends 1 full week it will slow down so no more daily weigh ins, maybe twice a week. But I'm just thrilled thats it working and I got the jump start that I needed.

Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey
sweeeeeeeeeeet!

spent most of the day in bed, the allergy thing I have had for a week was a cold..........felt like death mostly.......couldn't sit up cos my head felt like it weighed 200 pounds..........

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-18-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

so the maintaining thing is frightening sometimes. this morning i'm at the low end of my goal number, so then i start to get scared that i'll keep losing. to counter that i had 2.5 cups of yogurt--which sometimes adds overnight water weight. now, i'm afraid i had too much. have to let this go and see what happens in the morning. i should have stopped with 1 cup.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hang in there Shreem, maintenance is pretty much like sticking to the diet with some added fat now and then..........

the cool thing is with this that even tho you stop losing your body continues to redistribute the weight............even a year later things are shifting so I am really smaller even tho I have not lost any weight...........

ran into an old coworker on Saturday and he was like holy cow you lost a crap load of weight.......grrrrrrrrrrr........I am only about ten pounds lighter than when he knew me but back then I was a 10 and now I'm like a 6-8
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I set myself up for challenges today by putting soymilk (which is always sweetened with regular sugar) in my coffee. Before he left, my friend & i walked around town for an hour, so i worked up an appetite. Got to work & ate A LOT of plain chicken breasts, but still felt hungry (which was probably because I was drinking Diet Coke), so I had a hamburger that I blotted that fat off with a napkin. Not a terrible day, but then I got hungry again & ate 2 more burgers plus some strips of bacon.

At least I stayed all meat, and at least I didn't have any cravings. And while I'm at it giving myself props, at least I haven't had a single alcoholic drink this month, even though I can drink there for free. I'm also proud that I finally made the decision to quit diet soda.

The fastest, simplest way for me to reach goal will be to stick to plain meat, plain coffee, plain tea, club soda, and water. Tomorrow I go hardcore into Tuna Tuesday.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
thealything !!!! and good luck !!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #561
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend ! The Sunday BBQ went well I made a few of those low carb salads and my favorite was the broccoli one which really surprised me because I do not really care for broccoli, it was good in the raw and sweet with sunflower seeds and bacon also cranberries .... I added shredded cheddar cheese.... that must of been it , the cheese made it yummy .... Well, yesterday I was supposed to go right back on plan with turkey burgers .... And I did not it is that (TOM) and this is a pretty nasty one that left me all Monday weak, cranky , headaches , cramps and whatever hell mother nature could send my way to torture me and like if life's lil problems aren't enough and the lil things that I would usually let slide like annoying neighbors that park in my parking spot etc .... Well, I flipped shyt on them and now I feel like a terrible neighbor .... perhaps I am .... I should explain to my neighbor with a bouquet in hand and say hey , you know it was that time of the month ( big smile ) >slam goes their door< in my face .... I admit, I over reacted but hey, that is my parking spot sheesh .... Anyway, I am sorry for ranting .... This is a LCF forum not a pms site for ***** woman .... so yesterday no turkey .... no food unless you want to include 4 cups of espresso 2 with some heavy cream .... food Idk I will definitely eat tonight at 5:00 p.m .... oh, btw I weighed myself and I lost 2 lbs It will probably be temporary considering I did not eat anything yesterday ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Last edited by Angelstill; 06-19-2012 at 05:14 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
Okay, finally got down to 145.5 on Friday, then I did as I promised my sister and had a cheat weekend. I ate salad (little vinagrette) and had a glass of wine yesterday and today I had a little bit of a bloody mary and a small piece of the tres leches I made my dad for Dad's Day. She took away and hid my scale as per my request, so hopefully my lil refeed helped me and I will be able to get to 141 by Saturday with a completely stillman, splenda free week. I know I am eating out Friday night but it is at a fancy steak place, so I should be able to just do a grilled fish and it wouldn't be weird.

Any one else kick the scale/ do a refeed? I figured the plateauing would end and I would be super focused for 5 days on no cheats and it would help me. If not, I will go back to weighing myself every 5 minutes. Granted, I do go to the gym every day and there is a scale there, but I wanna try to a least make it til wed before caving.
OMG !!!! tres leche my mother made cakes with a mixture of milks and butter .... oh, just yummy mmmmmmmmmmmm....
Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Sometimes you will need a little boost, a little pick me up on this journey of becoming a healthier you. Below are 5 quotes that will give you the boost you need.

Quote #1 “The ground work for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt

When you have good health you are a happier person. When you get sick, your happiness gets buried under circumstances you are dealing with at the time. The mind and body are connected and when either one is not in tune, there will be an imbalance. Strive for happiness!

Quote #2 “True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united.” – Humboldt

Always exercise your mind, by reading and learning something new everyday. Move your body everyday and watch your mental and physical go where they have never gone before. The enjoyment of keeping your mind and body active keeps you young and alert. Never stop learning and moving!

Quote #3 “The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before.” -Steve Young

Compete against no one on your journey to becoming a healthier you. If you slip you know you can do better the next day, but don’t ever compare your journey to another person’s journey. You will end up failing every time.

Quote #4 “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

If you repeatedly put junk (unhealthy foods) in your body, then it will become a habit and the result will be poor health, obesity and a host of other things. But if you put healthy, life-giving foods in your body then you will reap amazing benefits and you will feel it in your mind, body, spirit and soul. Make it a practice to put the good stuff in your body (most of the time), then it will become a habit.

Quote #5 “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Elliot

As long as there is breath in your body, you have a chance to become the person you want and to meet the goals that you have set. Keep pushing and never give up!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
Hello guys,

and good luck !!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
thank you Angelstill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hang in there Shreem, maintenance is pretty much like sticking to the diet with some added fat now and then..........

the cool thing is with this that even tho you stop losing your body continues to redistribute the weight............even a year later things are shifting so I am really smaller even tho I have not lost any weight...........

ran into an old coworker on Saturday and he was like holy cow you lost a crap load of weight.......grrrrrrrrrrr........I am only about ten pounds lighter than when he knew me but back then I was a 10 and now I'm like a 6-8
CCGirl, I think sometimes it takes some time for people's eyes to adjust. for example, I lost 3 pounds on my vacation in April. when I got back, people were suddenly all over me telling me how good I looked... meanwhile I had actually lost almost 30 lbs! but nobody had noticed until then... people are weird that way.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Mmm burned turkey burger for lunch. Yum yum! I really wish I had some coffee though
Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Hi ladies!! Some of you may remember me from last summer around this time... I lost 15 pounds with Stills for my wedding -- I gained most of it back over the holiday season (ya know, that newlywed weight gain!)... and now I am trying to get back down again! I am going to do Stillman's again now to get back down to goal - 125. I am basically doing Stillman's now all day, except for dinner -- has been just LC/Atkins.

Just popping in to say HI! I'm back, and I'll be checking in with you gals very often to keep myself on track!!!

Hope you all are doing well!! I've been lurking for the past week or so and it sounds like everyone is doing well -- I see some familiar faces!!!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #568
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Remember my great plan for going out to eat on Father's day? Ug. I had a salad and for my reward I got food poisoning. I was in hospital until this morning. I still feel very weak. Mostly I have just been sleeping. I'm not worried about carbs right now. My calorie intake is very little and I just need to get better.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG MIM you poor thing! You will need lots of electrolytes, I hope you have some G2 Gatorade........that's horrible

Welcome back Macc!!!!!!

Angel I was just watching an old Paula Deen salad episode, she did the broccoli salad with raisins (ick) crans sound much better..........could you post the recipes?

good news, I did not feel like death today so I think the cold is outta here.....big hooray, I have been miserable for a week.....
Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Remember my great plan for going out to eat on Father's day? Ug. I had a salad and for my reward I got food poisoning. I was in hospital until this morning. I still feel very weak. Mostly I have just been sleeping. I'm not worried about carbs right now. My calorie intake is very little and I just need to get better.
OMG, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Take very good care of yourself and get better soon. I'll say a prayer for you.
Closed Thread