Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
Yesterday I lost 1lb, so I'm down to 150.6...woo-hoo! Tonight I'm keeping up with the eating plain chicken, but I drank coffee with sugarfree syrup, & I see more Diet Coke in my future. I wonder if Diet drinks/sugarfree syrup really do slow down weight loss, so today is my experiment. On the regular low carb forums, people advise cutting out those things during a stall, but I'm suspicious that they're more likely stalling from excess calories.

When I found Atkins, I was overjoyed by the notion that I could eat as much fat as I wanted, without worrying about weight gain. So for weeks I was eating shakes made out of raw eggs blended with a lot of coconut oil & sweetened with sugarfree syrup. (The ones I made with SF cookie dough syrup were to die for!) But then I never lost weight.

I'm glad I'm losing weight with Stillman's. It's really teaching me about how to eat to satisfy your appetite, & not your cravings.
That is wonderful news .... Isn't the Stillman's diet awesome ? You feel full and lose weight .... And when you're at your goal weight, come back to Stillman's for a few days as a maintenance plan ....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
I went out with a few of my friends to a spa for some mani's & pedi's .... They offer wine at this particular spa and I had to decline .... I was so tempted .... so instead after we were all done getting polished, we went to Starbucks and I ordered an espresso macchiato .... And then a unexpected dinner tonight I kept my cool I ordered a la carte a grilled New York strip and a grilled shrimp dish that came with a lime, cilantro, garlic & olive oil dipping sauce .... yum ! I think I did good considering it was an unexpected get together .... Also, I did not mention my diet at all tonight .... Then when everyone ordered wine, I ordered a bottle of sparkling water , with lemon and ice in a tall glass very pretty and I felt like I was not missing out .... Woo hoo !!!!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I just love it when my laptop shuts down and updates unexpectedly, don't you?....

sweet bag Mim! very elegant

WTG milo, angel!

MMS, GT, attending LeMans today?

hunter gatherer day, fixing breakfast and planning my route........going to be in the 90s later this week so I must plan for cold entrees, it will be too hot to cook......
Old 06-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

browsing the cheese department at Waitrose, I find no American cheese........
Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lorij1984
Stats: 240/210/150
WOE: Atkins
hi everyone! I've been doing atkins for quite some time now (on and off) but for the first time I stalled! the scale wouldn't budge....so I got unmotivated and have had 3 to 4 days of carb overload! I feel horrible! I've been looking at this thread during my cheating days and I'm getting motivated to start stillman's at least for a bit....so I can see quick results...or maybe longer...depends how I feel..... (i don't even want to look at the scale to see how much Ive gained, probobly after a week on stillman's I will peak)
anyway...quick question, I usually use splenda, but my husband bought equal....anybody have any problems using aspartame while on stillman's....unfortunately I can't return or refund, Im not in the u.s. right now and the stores here don't do refunds, so Im stuck w/ splenda, plus its a little pricey here....anyway......would love to hear some feedback on aspartame on stillman's!!! thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lorij1984
Stats: 240/210/150
WOE: Atkins
i meant to say im stuck w/ equal till i run out.....(which i don't think it should be much of a problem, most diet cokes are sweetened w/ aspartame right???)
Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday...I'm off to grocery shop.

Found a yummy option at Publix...in the meat dept. they had pre-made ground chicken patties...think they were called mini-chicken sliders? Anyway, they're seasoned and ready to cook. No carbs, I think they were 5 grms fat for 2 sliders. They fry up in about 10 minutes and YUMMY! Were a little pricey, but so nice & easy. I'll be buying more of those

We spent all of May on Atkins...I lost just 1.4 lbs. with no cheats for May 1-May 30. We switched to Stillman's May 30, so I've been on Stillman's now or 17 days...we had one "Atkins" meal in that time (last Friday night, ribeye/salad/blueberries & cream. That bounced me up .8 for Saturday, but was gone on Sunday) Did not have trouble getting right back on Stillman's the next day.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorij1984 View Post
hi everyone! I've been doing atkins for quite some time now (on and off) but for the first time I stalled! the scale wouldn't budge....so I got unmotivated and have had 3 to 4 days of carb overload! I feel horrible! I've been looking at this thread during my cheating days and I'm getting motivated to start stillman's at least for a bit....so I can see quick results...or maybe longer...depends how I feel..... (i don't even want to look at the scale to see how much Ive gained, probobly after a week on stillman's I will peak)
anyway...quick question, I usually use splenda, but my husband bought equal....anybody have any problems using aspartame while on stillman's....unfortunately I can't return or refund, Im not in the u.s. right now and the stores here don't do refunds, so Im stuck w/ splenda, plus its a little pricey here....anyway......would love to hear some feedback on aspartame on stillman's!!! thanks in advance!
I have only been doing stillman's for a few days, but I have the QLW book and cookbook and I'm pretty sure that aspartame in low amounts would be OK as far as the diet goes.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I was 145.0 flat this morning! I made a low carb tuna casserole last night that included quite a bit of cheese, some mayo, and some sour cream so I was surprised that I still dropped 1.2 lbs! I am finally at a "normal" weight according to the BMI for my height. I've never been here before, so it's kind of a milestone for me. I think the fish may work better for me than the turkey so I guess I'll experiment with more fish next week.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!! For those who are having their off days, enjoy them! For those who are not there yet, stick with it, and you will get there!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Looks like my previous message got editted some which way (I probably hit something on my mini-keyboard and a line was chopped out)

...meant to say that in 17 days on Stillman's, I have lost 8.8 lbs. so about a pound every other day.

Which is WAY better than 30 days on Atkins and losing only 1.4 lbs (May 2012)

Loving the losing.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #521
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loseitquickly
Lost another 2 lbs.....

Actually lost 1 lb yesterday and another one today 6 lbs in 4 days...I'll take it!!!!
Apparently the lettuce is doing to much harm...I only eat 2 leaves of the romain at dinner.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 06-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catne and Lose it quickly! It's been wonderful for me too. i was totally stuck with atkins. this made it happen and i got my old healthy and athletic self back. so thank ful. I say lose the fat....

Last edited by Shreem; 06-16-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

i also love how people on this site are really applying themselves and working at it. everyone posts and shares. it's so helpful. and i can sense the energy all have from eating this way. eating so much fat on atkins made me so tired, but now i'm ready to do this all them time.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

great job angel!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,
I'm down to 158 this morning and that's a total of 7.1 lbs in 4 days. I'm still so shocked!

Thanks to catne, littlelavender and angel for you responses to my questions, very kind of you.

I did much better at drinking my water today. Off to eat a stillman dinner now.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Low carb chicken bacon alfredo pizza for dinner tonight, since it's my off/Atkins style weekend!!!

I'll let you guys know how it tasted and if it stalled me tomorrow morning.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

I also bought my first bikini ever today! Size medium top AND bottom (I don't think I'll get down to a small). I was at Target and decided to try one on... I was surprised that I felt okay about how it looked, so I bought it. I still have a ways to go until I'm happy with how I look in it, but I figured I could just buy it now and use it as kind of a measure of my progress.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
hi all...

I never thought I'd say this, but I want to try Stillmans.

I've been a diehard atkins fan for almost a decade, but my success has been spotty... usually I lose up to 40 lbs and then my diet gets derailed by poor choices or life circumstances inspiring me to eat more. so now I'm down to 207, from 238. I've been bouncing between 211 and 207 for a month and a half. I wanted to be under 200 by July 1, but I don't think that will happen.

anyway I wanted to do a meat and egg fast, but some searches on the topic led me here. I've been lurking for the past week and Stillmans is starting to make sense in a crazy way. but I have lots of Atkins food (cheese, ham, onions and mushrooms) to eat up first!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #529
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealything View Post
hi all...

I never thought I'd say this, but I want to try Stillmans.

I've been a diehard atkins fan for almost a decade, but my success has been spotty... usually I lose up to 40 lbs and then my diet gets derailed by poor choices or life circumstances inspiring me to eat more. so now I'm down to 207, from 238. I've been bouncing between 211 and 207 for a month and a half. I wanted to be under 200 by July 1, but I don't think that will happen.

anyway I wanted to do a meat and egg fast, but some searches on the topic led me here. I've been lurking for the past week and Stillmans is starting to make sense in a crazy way. but I have lots of Atkins food (cheese, ham, onions and mushrooms) to eat up first!
Good morning and welcome! Many of us have lost the ability to lose on Atkins and have found Stillmans! You are in good company. I love your goal dates - especially the Ides of March! You can bring back the tradition of it being a festival day! We will all party on that day 'cause you reached goal! 'tis good to have you aboard!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #530
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I have been doing strict Stillmans' since Tuesday and thus far have only lost 2 pounds. I'm kinda bummed but I have until Tuesday to drop a few more. Today may be an eating out day - my granddaughter (age 4) wants to take Daddy out somewhere special. We may end up at the Steak 'n Shake! I haven't looked at their menu and the last time I was there I wasn't dieting! If there isn't anything I can eat, I'll just have coffee and have tuna when we leave! I'm very committed to staying on plan. And even if I don't make the Stillman 5 pound loss this week, I'm staying true to plan until I go to the conference July 1.

Happy Sunday! I've gotta run!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning and welcome! Many of us have lost the ability to lose on Atkins and have found Stillmans! You are in good company. I love your goal dates - especially the Ides of March! You can bring back the tradition of it being a festival day! We will all party on that day 'cause you reached goal! 'tis good to have you aboard!
Thanks for the point about "many of us have lost the ability to loose on atkins."
this is exactly what happened to me. i lost 9 pounds on atkins and was able to keep it off really well for about 1.5 years, then suddenly a little over a year ago my body started to gradual put a pound or so on and from then I struggled. I tried everything atkins, including almost no carbs, eliminated everything under the sun that might be causing troubles and nothing with the high fat atkins worked anymore for me. i kept thinking it was me, as it worked really really well for a while. it was not until i came over to this forum recently that those 3 pounds i wrestled with just melted off. i am so happy, because it was really frustrating. i have a couple friends that i believe this has happened to as well. i keep sharing stillmans, but they are still hardcore atkins and won't make the shift. i'll keep sharing with them, because i know this can work for them.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
I'm definitely noticing that artificially sweetened drinks (all the diet soda and coffee with sugarfree syrup) increase my appetite. So even though I'm eating legal Stillman's food, I'm still eating more of it, and therefore more calories, than I would if I were eating plain. Today I drank 2 large coffees with sugarfree syrup and 3 large diet root beers. After drinking all these artifically sweetened beverages, I went on to eat 2 cans of tuna with mustard, and an entire dozen of eggs with ketchup (even though I know that plain eating is best for me.)

Sugarfree syrup and diet soda have now been moved to the foods I'm allowed to consume AFTER I reach goal. Til then, it's water, club soda, iced tea (which I prefer unsweetened anyway) and maybe caffeine pills if I need the extra boost.

When I ate plain, I woke up the next day with a solid 1lb loss. When I drink artificially sweetened drinks, I wake up with a much smaller amount of weight loss.

So, here's to eating plain for however long it's going to take me to get from 150lbs to 115lbs. (Today is Day 13, & I estimate I lost 6lbs. Which isn't as drastic as some of the Stillman success stories, but it's still more weight lost in less time than any other diet.)

Would anyone be interested in doing a tuna & water only stint with me next week?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #533
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_juniper View Post
I'm definitely noticing that artificially sweetened drinks (all the diet soda and coffee with sugarfree syrup) increase my appetite. So even though I'm eating legal Stillman's food, I'm still eating more of it, and therefore more calories, than I would if I were eating plain. Today I drank 2 large coffees with sugarfree syrup and 3 large diet root beers. After drinking all these artifically sweetened beverages, I went on to eat 2 cans of tuna with mustard, and an entire dozen of eggs with ketchup (even though I know that plain eating is best for me.)

Sugarfree syrup and diet soda have now been moved to the foods I'm allowed to consume AFTER I reach goal. Til then, it's water, club soda, iced tea (which I prefer unsweetened anyway) and maybe caffeine pills if I need the extra boost.

When I ate plain, I woke up the next day with a solid 1lb loss. When I drink artificially sweetened drinks, I wake up with a much smaller amount of weight loss.

So, here's to eating plain for however long it's going to take me to get from 150lbs to 115lbs. (Today is Day 13, & I estimate I lost 6lbs. Which isn't as drastic as some of the Stillman success stories, but it's still more weight lost in less time than any other diet.)

Would anyone be interested in doing a tuna & water only stint with me next week?
I'll do a fish only stint with you. I am not going to give up my coffee - but I've always had it black, and I don't do artificial sweeteners. So, I'm in!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning all................dang sinuses are killing me for the last few weeks, thought it was allergies but the meds didn't cut it, now I have to do full blown Dayquil to get the puffies out...........

yeah Atkins is great for maintenance but not for fast weight loss.........but it IS the right track as far as LC so don't throw it overboard.....

hot weather coming.........tuna days ahead...........might join that challenge...........

welcome rookie(s)

new tower for DH is complete..........happy happy no more beotching, amen!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #535
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Saying a quick hi girls!!! At home so busy!!!! Glad everyone is doing well!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

thanks for the welcome CCGirl

Milo, I would have done the fish stint with you too but I just went to the grocery store and tuna is $4 per can!!! that's the brand name kind... I ended up getting the 'no name' kind for $3.19... ew.

now I am thinking I may wait till I get a chance to go to Wal Mart, and THEN start Stillman's? the nearest Wal Mart is 3 hrs away... I want to start now but food here is stupidly expensive, and I already have a stockpile of fattier meats and cheeses and anned veg for atkins. maybe in the meantime I will just eat less fat...
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thealy, are you on Ontario? We could meat at the border.......... is your avatar really you singing in your car?

They had 4 5oz can packs for 4 dollars (US) a whach so I snatched five up in anticipation of the hot weather ahead........
Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

I live in northern BC now, on the coast. I spent my first 24 years in Ontario, though. I miss the hot summers! it's like 15 degrees celsius here today, and raining

I actually live on the border of Alaska but they have even LESS good groceries there, or else I would go to a US store and buy food. meat and dairy seems amazingly cheap over there!

oh and my avatar is me from like 2008, and I think I was probably yelling at another car on the road or something... my hair is like a foot longer now but otherwise it is pretty accurate. I need to find a good, recent, non-ridiculous one to post.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Low carb chicken bacon alfredo pizza for dinner tonight, since it's my off/Atkins style weekend!!!

I'll let you guys know how it tasted and if it stalled me tomorrow morning.
Oh! my mouth in watering, it looks soooo good! But not for me right now, No CoCo NO!
Closed Thread