Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I lived in Bremerton,WA for a year and it's right across the sound from Seattle. We took the ferry over a few times to walk around the city. I saw more Mcdonalds than Starbucks though! Big Macs on every corner! Bremerton had a Natte Latte! There were quite a few adult only coffee stands.
Never been to an adult only coffee shop .... My mind wanders ....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah espresso gone crazy what will they think of next ?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
thank you so much, erin!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

i'm so happy to hear that other people go low calorie, too, and that it works. before tried atkins, i would go very low in calories and pretty much loose as much as i wanted. then i decided to try atkins because they said you could eat all you wanted of the introduction foods and still lose weight. well, at that time i didn't need to lose weight, but i started eating all the induction foods well over the calories my body needed and i ended up gaining about 9 solid pounds. took a while to get that off and finally come to terms that the high fat diet and high calorie diet does not work when you are near or at goal. i should have stuck with low calories and been happy, but i believed all the hype.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to report in that i am feeling so much better by adding in some salad vegetables. I find it much easier to get the tuna and turkey down when it's served on a bed of lettuce with some balsamic vinegar! I am going to weigh in on Friday and report my results. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Good Luck !!!! Diets are extremely difficult , we all know that .... you have to do what makes you feel comfortable doing in order to achieve your goal .... I said it yesterday in a post, if I had to give up coffee I would of had a conniption fit....
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
HFL I must try your balsamic on a bed!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm thank you!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

eeeeeek 4g carbs per serving I can't find it for plain balsamic

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-14-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Good Luck !!!! Diets are extremely difficult , we all know that .... you have to do what makes you feel comfortable doing in order to achieve your goal .... I said it yesterday in a post, if I had to give up coffee I would of had a conniption fit....
I remember feeling that way. I drank it all day long, till the minute I went to bed. I loved coffee soooo much. I had to quite drinking anything with caffeine in it years ago. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

from Livestrong-

A 1 tbsp. serving of balsamic vinegar contains only 15 calories.
Fat
Balsamic vinegar does not contain any fat, which makes it a beneficial part of a low-fat or low-calorie diet.

Carbohydrates
One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar has 3 g of carbohydrates.

Read more: Balsamic Vinegar Nutrition Information | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angel if I gave up coffee it would be called homicide..........
Old 06-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

i love caffeine, too. but i don't do any other bad vices and that's kind of how i also justified it over the years. also, for me it assists with weight loss. quite a few body builders use caffeine as a stimulant and keeping their metabolisms burning on high. those are the low body fat and ripped ones. i don't need all the muscle, but muscle definition is great. i liked it when i read for stillmans eating list that diet soda and coffee are allowed.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

is there any such thing as a low carb coffee creamer? Reading the milk labels sends me into a rage.........
Old 06-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kudos to one vice Shree..........

some people treat their bodies like a temple............I, unfortunately treat it like a pool hall......
Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

CC Girl, then we balance each another out.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! After the coffee post I immediately went and had a large iced! Currently working on a mojito..........

I figure I'll have to start straightening up after fifty........that's when my mom stopped smoking and drinking........well, drinking less
Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

is that really your dog in your avatar??????
Old 06-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, MMS, fashionistas..........is it white bag time or do I do the new navy blue messenger for a few weeks......going to get hot here so white wardrobe will be coming out quickly.......

Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I loves my Swamp People
Old 06-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

getting quiet.......pleasant night y'all...........

Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi all!
I swear the balsamic does not slow you down at all...in fact I remember reading that vinegar (all types) helps with blood sugar control, if you add vinegar to a high carb meal it will help blunt the rise in blood sugar. So I don't mind the few carbs in balsamic. I can't wait to report in my results tomorrow as my pants feel much looser.
It's all about finding something you can stick with and the salad veggies just make it so much easier to stick to this WOE. I have had a revelation this past week that atkins truly does not work when you get close to goal as the calories are too high. I remember always ordering caesar salads as caesar dressing was low carb, not minding the fact that a simple salad could be over 1000 cals! If I'm going to have 1000 cals in one sitting it better involve french fries or ice cream for that calorie count- LOL!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

heyyyyyy cc love that bag !!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #472
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Ooooooo, doubly love the bag and the cawfee talk. Would seriously be very sad without coffee. I did get some coconut milk creamer for atkins/slightly higher carb days and wanna give it a try.

I know a lot of people add apple cider vinegar to dressings to give added boost to fat burning. I guess it has way less sugar than balsamic.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
is there any such thing as a low carb coffee creamer? Reading the milk labels sends me into a rage.........
CC this is how I make a low carb iced coffee.... go easy on the cream and you will see you rather have just a touch of sweet ....

When I first decided to eat low carb, my coffee was my biggest stumbling block.

I used to drink my coffee with 2% milk and a couple tablespoons of sugar.

Yes, a couple of tablespoons.

I experimented with several combinations for low carb coffee including Splenda (blech!), no cream (blech!), half & half, you name it.

Splenda is 1 carb per packet.

Many of the cream options were at least 1 carb per serving as well.

My biggest issue was that I started by limiting my intake to 20 net carbs a day.

I surely didn’t want to waste carbs in my coffee, considering how many cups I might like to drink in a day! That could add up quick, using up to half my daily limit on my coffee alone.

I’d much rather save my 20 carbs for good stuff! Fortunately I found a carb free coffee creamer, and a combination for my coffee that I absolutely love…

I switched to Heavy Whipping Cream and vanilla sugar-free coffee syrup.

You want to check the labels when buying Heavy Whipping Cream, as some of them have 1 carb per serving. I always choose the zero carb brands such as Kroger brand or Purity.

Like I said, I don’t want to waste carbs in my coffee when there are better ways to spend them for the day!

The Torani sugar-free syrups are fabulous. They use Splenda, but they don’t taste anything like using straight Splenda. They come in hazelnut, vanilla, french vanilla, chocolate, raspberry – and probably other flavors. I’ve found other uses for the syrups as well, including creating fun little desserts.

When ordering from coffee shops – including Starbucks, Seattle’s Best, and even McDonald’s – I often get an iced coffee “with whipping cream and sugar free vanilla syrup”.

I’m careful to specify “whipping cream” instead of “whipped cream” (big difference, lol).

If you’re looking for a carb free coffee creamer, go with Heavy Whipping Cream. It only takes a little (around a teaspoon per cup) to lighten your coffee. It’s very smooth, and makes a great creamer!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #474
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loseitquickly
Day 2 and another 2 lbs down....YEAH!!!

I started my cycle so was "oh crap" i'm not even going to bother weighing in but I did and am glad I did. Stay with plan, no cheats other than lettuce and tomatoe salad, no dressing but it seems to be working for me. I mean if I didnt eat a salad what else would I eat with dinner?
Can't believe I am even drinking black coffee with no sugar......I thought I would never!!!!! The first day it was awful but today wasn't bad but I am going to put a teaspoon of heavy cream tomorrow and see what happens with weight.

Wishing everyone a good day

Oh....I have no cravings what so ever....I am totally shocked!!!!!

Soooooo glad my friend told me about this diet...I mean, new way of life long eatting
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

I wish it were tomorrow morning already , I was super good all week and I am wondering if I will be out of this decade by the end of this month .... Stillmans is the best WOE .... I feel full and energetic .... and surprisingly I am not tired of turkey .... in fact, I am going all turkey till Saturday .... It is coming up to a month , when I went off the wagon, which was a terrible mistake .... I was stalled and I said to myself great another diet that failed me , and I ate everything I wanted, I used every excuse like Mother's day and my birthday to feel justified .... And then Erin came along and shared her turkey diet .... I have been using her method ever since, losing weight continuously and getting right back on it, as soon as Monday comes along, I am back on plan .... I will be going off plan for one day instead of two, to see if it makes a difference .... I feel extremely motivated, especially now that people are noticing my weight loss ....
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loseitquickly View Post
I started my cycle so was "oh crap" i'm not even going to bother weighing in but I did and am glad I did. Stay with plan, no cheats other than lettuce and tomatoe salad, no dressing but it seems to be working for me. I mean if I didnt eat a salad what else would I eat with dinner?
Can't believe I am even drinking black coffee with no sugar......I thought I would never!!!!! The first day it was awful but today wasn't bad but I am going to put a teaspoon of heavy cream tomorrow and see what happens with weight.

Wishing everyone a good day

Oh....I have no cravings what so ever....I am totally shocked!!!!!

Soooooo glad my friend told me about this diet...I mean, new way of life long eatting

Congratulations !!!! hey, try espresso for a change its tiny cups and kick a$$ !!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #477
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loseitquickly
What is this turkey diet???

Quote:
Congratulations !!!! hey, try espresso for a change its tiny cups and kick a$$ !!!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice. What is this turkey diet you speak about?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
CC this is how I make a low carb iced coffee.... go easy on the cream and you will see you rather have just a touch of sweet ....

When I first decided to eat low carb, my coffee was my biggest stumbling block.

I used to drink my coffee with 2% milk and a couple tablespoons of sugar.

Yes, a couple of tablespoons.

I experimented with several combinations for low carb coffee including Splenda (blech!), no cream (blech!), half & half, you name it.

Splenda is 1 carb per packet.

Many of the cream options were at least 1 carb per serving as well.

My biggest issue was that I started by limiting my intake to 20 net carbs a day.

I surely didn’t want to waste carbs in my coffee, considering how many cups I might like to drink in a day! That could add up quick, using up to half my daily limit on my coffee alone.

I’d much rather save my 20 carbs for good stuff! Fortunately I found a carb free coffee creamer, and a combination for my coffee that I absolutely love…

I switched to Heavy Whipping Cream and vanilla sugar-free coffee syrup.

You want to check the labels when buying Heavy Whipping Cream, as some of them have 1 carb per serving. I always choose the zero carb brands such as Kroger brand or Purity.

Like I said, I don’t want to waste carbs in my coffee when there are better ways to spend them for the day!

The Torani sugar-free syrups are fabulous. They use Splenda, but they don’t taste anything like using straight Splenda. They come in hazelnut, vanilla, french vanilla, chocolate, raspberry – and probably other flavors. I’ve found other uses for the syrups as well, including creating fun little desserts.

When ordering from coffee shops – including Starbucks, Seattle’s Best, and even McDonald’s – I often get an iced coffee “with whipping cream and sugar free vanilla syrup”.

I’m careful to specify “whipping cream” instead of “whipped cream” (big difference, lol).

If you’re looking for a carb free coffee creamer, go with Heavy Whipping Cream. It only takes a little (around a teaspoon per cup) to lighten your coffee. It’s very smooth, and makes a great creamer!
Great advice! I've just been cutting down on my coffee and drinking it black, but sometimes I crave it a little sweeter. A coffee stand by my work makes the flavored coffee using Torani and whenever I've got it there, it hasn't really affected my weight. I've been thinking of buying some for home, so good to know!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hey Phase, did you ever make that low carb pizza? I was just wondering how it turned out if you did because I'm making it this weekend.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: No flour no sugar
I had a totally plain day! 2 iced Americanos, unsweetened; water, club soda, and 4 chicken breasts. I'm hoping to be rewarded on the scale tomorrow.

Thanks Angel for the tip about espresso. An iced Americano was easier to drink unsweetened than an iced coffee would have been.

I haven't weighed myself in ages, so I thought I was 150, but when I weighed myself a couple days ago I was 154. Today I am 151.6. I'm hoping to start and end next week in the 140's. I know from previous experience that my body doesn't look any smaller until I'm 140 or less. It's pretty frustrating knowing that I have 10 more lbs, or probably 3 more weeks of plain eating to do before I'll even look any different. But oh well, that time I'd going to pass anyway. Might as well be eating as plainly as I can while I wait.

This week I'm having a friend stay for the weekend, & I'm sorta nervous. He knows I've done a bunch of ridiculous diets before, so he won't be too surprised. But it'll be embarassing to admit that I'll only be eating meat. I'm more nervous about the last weekend of the month when I'll be visiting friends in the city I used to live in. It's going to be hard to avoid eating, & I'll have to find somewhere secret where I can eat tuna packets in private.

How is everyone else dealing with eating socially? Do you tell people what you're doing, or do you lie? Do you have people (aside from those of us on this board!) supporting you?

I've been eating a lot of plain chicken breasts because we have them at work so I can eat for free. But man, I'm sure craving turkey... ;-)
Closed Thread