Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Starting tomorrow!

I just made this decision a few hours ago; I am ready to drop weight for the summer! Anybody else starting tomorrow? I hope I can make this boiled chicken delicious... LOL!
Brandieelynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Yep...well actually, starting today since it's now Wednesday.

I've been back on Atkins 72 induction since 3/6/2012...and lost 21 lbs. the first 2 months (but of course that included the big water-weight loss at the beginning.) This month is almost over, and this month I'm only down 1.4 lbs. Not a good record for 4 weeks of following the plan. So I'm going to try what I've done before to jump-start the weight loss again: cycling Stillman's/Atkins. A few weeks on Stillmans, then a week of Atkins 72, then back to Stillman's. I know it worked before, so back at it.

Started my day with boiled eggs & LF turkey sausage patty.

And coffee without my cream

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14

I'm in! Not sure how long I will stay on Stillmans but will give it 2 weeks of on plan eating! I need to get a jump start on this!

Will take a refresher look at the plan later today........its been awhile!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Yay, glad I'm not the only new one! I've been too scared to weigh myself; I'll give myself a few days I normally eat low carb, but have ballooned up to about 150 over the holidays. I will try Stillmans for a couple weeks and then may cycle back to Atkins; we'll see how it goes though!

Today I had 2x boiled eggs for breakfast, another boiled egg for snack, boiled chicken for lunch and will have more boiled chicken for dinner. I hope I don't get bored to death on this diet!

The hardest thing for me is skipping the coffee (I normally use HWC, can't drink it black). Also giving up wine will be a challenge too. But, if this works, it will be worth it! Hope you're successful on your first day too!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just got back inside. Will look over the diet now. I did have coffee with cream this morning but.....it was before I signed up for this

Otherwise I had eggs for brunch and grilled chicken for dinner and water the rest of the day
Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandieelynne View Post
Yay, glad I'm not the only new one! I've been too scared to weigh myself; I'll give myself a few days I normally eat low carb, but have ballooned up to about 150 over the holidays. I will try Stillmans for a couple weeks and then may cycle back to Atkins; we'll see how it goes though!

Today I had 2x boiled eggs for breakfast, another boiled egg for snack, boiled chicken for lunch and will have more boiled chicken for dinner. I hope I don't get bored to death on this diet!

The hardest thing for me is skipping the coffee (I normally use HWC, can't drink it black). Also giving up wine will be a challenge too. But, if this works, it will be worth it! Hope you're successful on your first day too!
I too love the HWC in the coffee, but I can't just quit drinking coffee or I get bad headaches. So my trick for drinking coffee on Stillmans is to get flavored coffee (Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut is my favorite, their French Vanilla is pretty good too.) I brew it the night before...and then drink it iced in the AM (since it's not hot in the AM, it won't melt the ice so I brew it regular strength.)

This way I get my coffee, but as iced coffee I don't miss the HWC as much.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What version are we doing???
Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Lotus, you made me laugh...coffee w/ HWC "before I signed up for this!!" LOL. Cathy - really good idea with making the iced coffee; I might give it a try. In the meantime, I quit cold turkey (well for one day, HA!)

So, super boring day of eating. Good thing I had a busy day at work and didn't have time to think about it! Basically my meals today included 2x boiled chicken breasts and 5x hard boiled eggs. Otherwise, water and tea... BORING!!

I "signed up for this" before I realized there was more than one version; so I had my head wrapped around the strictest one! What do you guys think?!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL well.....we can have coffee with milk on the 14 day shape up

But....we could always do like M-F of the strict and the shape up version on the weekends or something?

But your the boss What ever you decide I will try it!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

NO way! Don't make ME in charge!! LOL! Too much pressure!! I think for me personally I want to stay strict because I have a hard time eating things "in moderation" but I like your idea of strict with a "shape up" version on the weekends? I kind of want to see what we can learn from the experienced folks.

Tomorrow I have another long day, so no time to cook. I'm eating boiled chicken again and HB eggs, tea and water. On my next day off I need to see what else I can eat to provide some variety! What are you eating tomorrow!?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uhg I am at work today and was not real prepared so just have turkey here today. Will have to go to the store tonight and be better at packing lunch. I am sooo bad at that!!! Also bad at eating breakfast. Oh jeesh I am a mess

Might leave work making a gobble gobble sound today! watch out!

Ok-I will do strict with you! Will evaluate and see how I am doing may add the shape up days here and there
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I agree, doing the "strict" version works best for me (BORING! But it works. Too easy to stray from the straight & narrow if I have too many choices ) Hubby is joining me on this (we were both doing Atkins, and May was very slow month for both of us) We ate hardboiled eggs w/LF turkey sausage for breakfast, turkey patties w/chipotle mustard for lunch, cola chicken for dinner, 1/4 c. of LF cottage cheese and several more hardboiled eggs for snacks. Plus about 100 oz of plain water. Today will be same for breakfast & snacks...leftovers for lunch, and lean gr. beef meatballs for dinner (probably drowned in low-carb ketchup...I hate lean gr beef. SOOOO dry, like chewing cardboard.)

Brandieelynne...I know you said you didn't want to weigh yet, but it might be worth the psychological boost to see the big whoosh you can get at the beginning of this...if you wait, you won't know how much came off quickly.

I'm down 2 lbs. overnight

Which is good...because May was really a bummer month with only a 1.2 lb. loss before starting Stillman's on the 30th.

3.2 for a month's loss is still not all that good, but way better than just 1 lb Just kicking myself for having waited so long. I know Stillman's works, I've done it before. Just get soooo spoiled on Atkins...

Last edited by catne; 05-31-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatcat007
Hello everyone! Total newbie here...I plan on Starting tomorrow. New month, new me, right? I have been so overwhelmed lately by choices, too many diets out there. I decided to do low-carb and found you!

I am going on vacation exactly 12 weeks from tomorrow. I can't believe I am actually writing this down, but the scale last week said somewhere around 243 pounds . I had stayed away from it for many months and haven't been on it since. I will get my "official" start weight in the morning.

How much weight can I realistically hope to lose in 12 weeks? I was hoping to be back in one-derland by my trip, but I had no idea how much over I was
Fatcat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

catne~ Oh I wish my scale was working at home!!! I didn't get to weigh yesterday to get a start.

That is so great!! How fun to do it with DH! Well I think? actually I might strangle mine if we dieted together

Best wishes for both of you though!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat007 View Post
Hello everyone! Total newbie here...I plan on Starting tomorrow. New month, new me, right? I have been so overwhelmed lately by choices, too many diets out there. I decided to do low-carb and found you!

I am going on vacation exactly 12 weeks from tomorrow. I can't believe I am actually writing this down, but the scale last week said somewhere around 243 pounds . I had stayed away from it for many months and haven't been on it since. I will get my "official" start weight in the morning.

How much weight can I realistically hope to lose in 12 weeks? I was hoping to be back in one-derland by my trip, but I had no idea how much over I was

Hi!!! Have fun exploring the site!! I can spend hours on here

Were ya going on vacation?

I have no advice on the weightloss and how much but it would seem doable. That is about 15 lbs a month and your first month will be great so I really think you will make the goal!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Really depends on a lot of factors...how much total you have to lose, for one. But if you're strict with following the guidelines for Stillman, you could lose an average of 2-5 lbs. a week. I would guess a minimum of 25 lb. loss. Some people lose a lot more. Good Luck!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Thanks catne and lotus! I'm feeling so discouraged, hopefully this is the kick I need. I know I need to detox from sugar for sure!!

Lotus- we're going to Disneyworld and the beach
Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks catne and lotus! I'm feeling so discouraged, hopefully this is the kick I need. I know I need to detox from sugar for sure!!

Which beach? We just went to Disneyworld a couple of weeks ago...and we love the Gulf beaches!

By the way, Fatcat, just a heads-up on trying to diet at Disney. We tried to stay totally Atkins LC at Disney...and we stayed completely on Atkins the whole time (5 days/4 nights) Did not stray ONE SINGLE BIT. And I still gained nearly 6 lbs. So my guess is the "pixie dust" on Disney food is lots of hidden sugar carbs & excess sodium (like I suspect sugar in salad dressings, and possibly on meat rubs in the seasoning on steaks, etc.) I know it wasn't real weight gain, because we ate no obvious carbage! It's taken 2 weeks to get back down to weight the day before we got to Disney. That's one of the reasons May has been a lousy weight-loss month for me...that water gain during 5 days at Disney, then another 14 days to lose that water gain. SUX! But we had a blast at Disney anyway...my favorite place to vacation. (Notice my avatar picture...that's Cinderella's Castle with the Christmas lights going.)

Last edited by catne; 05-31-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Hello,

After being away for four years (according to my last login) I feel like a newb. I was going to start posting with the June thread, but when I seen this one I wanted to reintroduce myself.

I actually started on Tues and down 5 lbs, but considering I gained 5 lbs over the holiday weekend I don't consider my lose "real" therefore didnt change my stats.

Speaking of stats, my previous one from 2008 was 230 =( And back then, I thought I couldnt possibly get bigger......

I am one of those "Im either losing or gaining" theres no in between. So I couldnt even explain my weight and timeline (its not as simple as I gained 40lbs over the last four years)

If I counted all the 10lbs I've lost, it'd be over 100, but I lose it (again) after gaining, etc.. (if this makes sense) It's been over 3 years since I"ve lost more than 10lbs consecutivley (the only reason I know this is because I know it was before I was in my 30s.

I NEED TO STOP "CELEBRATING" MY 10 LB LOSSES WITH BINGES.

I am hoping with the iphone (easier access to boards) and logging on fitness pal, these tools will help me.

[COLOR="Purple"]BAHAMA MAMAS BIKINI CHALLEGE[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]
annieb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Over the last 3 days I've eaten

Poached eggs

Salomon burgers (from Costco)

Grilled chicken

and cottage cheese

And I'm not sick of it (yet)

According to Fitness pal
Tues calories were 780
Weds 1400

I don't like the huge jump, I will try to stay between 900-1000
annieb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Cathy- thats my name too, btw! Disney is our favorite place to vacation as well. I decided to quit my job and be an at-home Disney Vacation Planner because I'm so addicted to planning trips there I haven't thought much about what I'm going to eat there. In 2010 I lost over 60lbs before we went, and I didn't gain a pound! I chalked it up to extra walking? We love the gulf beaches too. Staying at St Pete this time!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

we went last year LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
I decided to quit my job and be an at-home Disney Vacation Planner because I'm so addicted to planning trips there
um awesome!!!!! Are you successful at it? Thats just such an awesome idea why didn't I think of it?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
Hello,

After being away for four years (according to my last login) I feel like a newb. I was going to start posting with the June thread, but when I seen this one I wanted to reintroduce myself.

I actually started on Tues and down 5 lbs, but considering I gained 5 lbs over the holiday weekend I don't consider my lose "real" therefore didnt change my stats.

Speaking of stats, my previous one from 2008 was 230 =( And back then, I thought I couldnt possibly get bigger......

I am one of those "Im either losing or gaining" theres no in between. So I couldnt even explain my weight and timeline (its not as simple as I gained 40lbs over the last four years)

If I counted all the 10lbs I've lost, it'd be over 100, but I lose it (again) after gaining, etc.. (if this makes sense) It's been over 3 years since I"ve lost more than 10lbs consecutivley (the only reason I know this is because I know it was before I was in my 30s.

I NEED TO STOP "CELEBRATING" MY 10 LB LOSSES WITH BINGES.

I am hoping with the iphone (easier access to boards) and logging on fitness pal, these tools will help me.
Hey are you my long lost sister????

I have done the same thing! Its all or nothing. If I had just lost .5 lbs a MONTH I would be at goal for all the years I have been dieting or well attempting to diet
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cathy- thats my name too, btw! Disney is our favorite place to vacation as well. I decided to quit my job and be an at-home Disney Vacation Planner because I'm so addicted to planning trips there I haven't thought much about what I'm going to eat there. In 2010 I lost over 60lbs before we went, and I didn't gain a pound! I chalked it up to extra walking? We love the gulf beaches too. Staying at St Pete this time!
How fun...we've been so many times to Disney in the last 5 years we basically don't even have to plan anymore (got the Unofficial Guide memorized, lol.) We bought a condo in Tampa metro (on the Gulf, about 30 miles n. of St Pete) and once we were spending several months a year in Florida, we got Disney annual passes and go over there for weekends several times a year, as well as a couple of longer 3-5 day visits over there when we have out-of-town guests who want to go to Disney.

Can't miss with St. Pete's beaches...all the Gulf beaches are so lovely. I know some folks prefer the Atlantic as a "real ocean"...but the sugar-sand beaches on the Gulf...and blue water...are so much nicer, IMO.

Vacations are always a great incentive for losing weight. You want to look good, feel better ...and especially at a place like Disney, you def. want to be carrying less "baggage" with all that walking, lol.

Last edited by catne; 05-31-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Lotus- I hope I will be successful!! I just started. I have planed trips for all of my family and colleagues for over 5 years, and they always say I should figure out how to get paid for it. So I'm quitting my job as a school counselor to stay home, and figured why not figure it out?! I still have 6 more contract days at the school, but I've already planed 3 trips in less than a month I try to go to Disney and the beach every year...and I'm woeried about all this weight come my August trip. It will be a miserable trip if I can't walk very much!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
How fun...can't miss with St Pete's beaches. As for Disney, we've been so many times in the last 5 years we basically don't even have to plan anymore (got the Unofficial Guide memorized, lol.)
Me too!! But I enjoy liking at the crowd calendars and booking all the ADRs and such...
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Lotus- I hope I will be successful!! I just started. I have planed trips for all of my family and colleagues for over 5 years, and they always say I should figure out how to get paid for it. So I'm quitting my job as a school counselor to stay home, and figured why not figure it out?! I still have 6 more contract days at the school, but I've already planed 3 trips in less than a month I try to go to Disney and the beach every year...and I'm woeried about all this weight come my August trip. It will be a miserable trip if I can't walk very much!

Well that is super awesome, I wish you the best luck!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On a diet note....

I had planned a seafood feast tonight (before I signed up for this )

But since atkins and stillmans are soooo different I am going to have to cook my food a little differently Man I am going to miss butter today!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
On a diet note....

I had planned a seafood feast tonight (before I signed up for this )

But since atkins and stillmans are soooo different I am going to have to cook my food a little differently Man I am going to miss butter today!
you'll be happy you did...

we miss the fats already, but an overnight loss--down 2 lbs in 24 hrs.-- really takes the sting out of the dietary changes

Right now I'm telling the butter to not let the door hit it in the rear on the way out
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great day! Cathy I think I"ll take your advice and dig out the scale...truthfully it was making me mad so I put it in storage

Boring food day again... today in total I've eaten 2xHB eggs and 2x chicken breasts, tea and water. I'm hungry right now so I'm cooking some ground bison, I think that should be allowed since it's lean? So, it's my second day on track. Strict eating, no coffee, no wine... I'm guessing the caffeine headaches will start tomorrow?! LOL!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Does coffee really stall a lot of people? I'm really hoping not...I'm giving up sugar, not sure I can survive without my Joe. But i want optimal results, so I guess I will do anything.

I'm so nervous about tomorrow. I went shopping and stocked up on legal foods. What should I eat first? This whole weight issue would be over if i never had to eat anything ever again. Sigh!