Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
I'm restarting Stillman's too for June, hoping I can break out of being stuck at a super frustrating 153 for the last 3 weeks. Does anyone have any better bfast ideas? Getting sick of eggs poached in my microwave before work....
majar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Majar, I think we're right at the same weight and with the same goal...how tall are you? I'm 5'6". I don't have any great ideas for breakfast...so far it's just been HB eggs w/ mustard...hopefully I can get some creative ideas here soon!
Brandieelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post
I'm restarting Stillman's too for June, hoping I can break out of being stuck at a super frustrating 153 for the last 3 weeks. Does anyone have any better bfast ideas? Getting sick of eggs poached in my microwave before work....
When u find an alternative for microwaved poached eggs in th a.m PLEASE share! I do the same.
annieb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatcat007 View Post
Does coffee really stall a lot of people? I'm really hoping not...I'm giving up sugar, not sure I can survive without my Joe. But i want optimal results, so I guess I will do anything.

I'm so nervous about tomorrow. I went shopping and stocked up on legal foods. What should I eat first? This whole weight issue would be over if i never had to eat anything ever again. Sigh!
Hey Fatcat...coffee is allowed! Brandieelynne is not drinking coffee because she doesn't like to drink it black. She doesn't want coffee without her HWC.

I'm still drinking mine...but I also LOVE my cream. So instead of regular hot coffee, I'm drinking Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee, and drinking it iced. That way I can still get my coffee/caffeine without missing the cream so much. And right now, we're in Florida so it's already quite hot...iced coffee fits the weather here.

Coffee is not stalling me at all...down another 1.2 lbs this AM...so 3.2 lbs in 48 hours.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 06-01-2012 at 05:31 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast...we've had turkey sausage patty with a hardboiled egg both days we've been on Stillman. Had to check the labels carefully to find the brand with the lowest fat (some were quite high fat) And I also blot the sausage after microwaving to get as much fat out as possible.

Also, you don't have to eat eggs for breakfast...any of your "legal" lean meats would be fine. We'll probably have leftover hamburgers for breakfast tomorrow.

You also could fry your eggs...use pam spray. We did that last time we did Stillman (although most days, we just had HB eggs because it is a lot more convenient to have the boiled eggs, already cooked & peeled in the AM. Especially after the first couple of days when the appetite goes away.)
Old 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good morning friends, I mustered up the courage to weigh myself today so I have a starting point. I can see a small difference in the mirror after 2 days. I know this sounds silly but I wasn't in as deep ketosis this AM and wondering if I ate to much yesterday (I had a ton of ground bison last night, was starving - couldn't help it!!!) Or maybe I shouldn't read too much into it!

ANyway I have the day off from work today and am going to spend some time going through other threads looking for tips and menu ideas. People have been raving about turkey burgers, maybe I can see where they get them from! Please I'm dying to know how you all are doing!!

Fatcat - sorry to scare you with the coffee thing - thanks Kathy for letting her know, LOL! I will try Kathy's iced coffee idea here soon. While on Atkins I tried to do the coffee w/ HWC "in moderation" but I flew through that HWC very quickly and went WAY over the limit on a daily basis...LOL!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

BTW Cathy- CONGRATS on 3.2lbs!!!
Brandieelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Where's June thread?
annieb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Hi!

Home now from work. So I broke and had veg today....I'm so weak But I was still good, it's not like I ate Snickers or anything LOL

So this is my plan for next week!

M,T QWL
W 14 day plan
TH, F QWL
SAT, SUN 14 day plan

Last edited by lotus33; 06-01-2012 at 01:47 PM..
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
When u find an alternative for microwaved poached eggs in th a.m PLEASE share! I do the same.
What about scotch eggs? You could probably make them with a turkey sausage or at least low fat sausage Its still HB eggs and sausage but in a fun way...maybe that would help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandieelynne View Post
BTW Cathy- CONGRATS on 3.2lbs!!!
ITA!!!!! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
Where's June thread?
not sure its a monthly thread
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

scotch eggs pic

scotch-eggs-280x280.jpg
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Hmmm.....might try this

Egg Drop Soup
Courtesy of Suzanne Lagoni, List Owner to Stillman Support Group

1 medium egg
1 cup clear soup (broth, bouillon or consomme) *I suggest lowest sodium
Celery salt
Beat the egg lightly with a fork and drop into broth when at the simmering point (don't boil) in saucepan,
stirring constantly. When egg has thickened slighly, serve. Season to taste with celery salt. (90 calories)
Makes 1 serving
Old 06-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Drmgrl4u2nvee
Stats: 164
Start Date: 3-1-07
I started 5/31 Thursday. I have done this before years ago and lived by it for two whole years. The weight did fall off. I just want to lose 15 pounds and I will be happy. I would love for it to come off my stomach too, thats where the majority is. I am going to the store tonight to get lean meats and veggies. Also starting to work out with weights daily too. I am a swimmer and swim 2.7 miles a day but when swimming like thatI noticed I eat to compensate it. So I going back to Atkins...
Drmgrl4u2nvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmgrl4u2nvee View Post
I started 5/31 Thursday. I have done this before years ago and lived by it for two whole years. The weight did fall off. I just want to lose 15 pounds and I will be happy. I would love for it to come off my stomach too, thats where the majority is. I am going to the store tonight to get lean meats and veggies. Also starting to work out with weights daily too. I am a swimmer and swim 2.7 miles a day but when swimming like thatI noticed I eat to compensate it. So I going back to Atkins...
Are you trying Atkins or Stillman's? I ask because you mention lean meats & veggies. Stillman's does not allow any veggies.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: majar
Stats: 205/151/125
WOE: Stillman's, Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandieelynne View Post
Majar, I think we're right at the same weight and with the same goal...how tall are you? I'm 5'6". I don't have any great ideas for breakfast...so far it's just been HB eggs w/ mustard...hopefully I can get some creative ideas here soon!
I'm 5'5 and a half ish. I was down to 151 this morning, but I went out for dinner (a steakhouse). I only ate a grilled steak, but I hope it didn't push me back up to the dreaded 153. I will get into the 140's if it kills me.

No ideas yet on breakfast, still trying to figure it out.
majar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi

I really need groceries! Will have to put that on the to do list for today! There is stuff in the house to eat but only eggs for me and I am not feeling eggs right not!