Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbpn
Stats: 207/198/150
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: May 10, 2012
HARDCORE STILLMANS for 2 weeks!

Hi everyone!

I have been a long time lurker but hoping this post will cause me to be accountable for my choices.

I am planning to begin Stillmans for 14 days tomorrow. I am on my way to the supermarket to make sure I have enough in the house to not slip up when I get hungry!

I am hoping to loose the 10% of my body weight which is almost 20 lbs within the 2 weeks. I am also a hardcore diet soda addict and will be going cold turkey as well.

After the 2 weeks I will reaccess and hopefully WANT to remain on it. Possibly just adding in some veggies....

Anyone else planning on starting soon or would like to join me?

I see many many threads where people begin them and dont finish off so we never know what happened and how much weight was lost! I plan on following this through so that whatever happens, it can also be a reference for people in the furture!

Talk to you all tomorrow
bbpn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpn View Post
Hi everyone!

I have been a long time lurker but hoping this post will cause me to be accountable for my choices.

I am planning to begin Stillmans for 14 days tomorrow. I am on my way to the supermarket to make sure I have enough in the house to not slip up when I get hungry!

I am hoping to loose the 10% of my body weight which is almost 20 lbs within the 2 weeks. I am also a hardcore diet soda addict and will be going cold turkey as well.

After the 2 weeks I will reaccess and hopefully WANT to remain on it. Possibly just adding in some veggies....

Anyone else planning on starting soon or would like to join me?

I see many many threads where people begin them and dont finish off so we never know what happened and how much weight was lost! I plan on following this through so that whatever happens, it can also be a reference for people in the furture!

Talk to you all tomorrow
Good luck! You can definitely do 2 weeks. I have a planned off day on Saturday But I will join you Sunday morning. I plan to do 10 days to 2 weeks on then 1 day off for the duration of my weigh loss. I have a lot to lose and my body always stalls out after about 2 weeks. A day off always revitalizes my weigh loss.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Oh ME! I'm in! I'v got a vacation in two weeks so I'm sorta in panic mode trying to drop some lbs quickly. Over a week in already(-5lbs) but I've failed to keep it strict stillmans so hardcore will be the goal for the next 14 days. If ya don't mind I'll join you.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

yay! I'm glad to have some company! I just finished up my shopping and bought a massive amount of tuna and turkey everything.....and of course 2 dozen eggs...I'm PUMPED

Just wondering what an average day looks like since you've both done this before???
Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I've been bad the last few weeks and caved to things like bacon, fatty steak and even *gasp* no sugar added icecream a few times. I'm wicked I am. Luckily my appetite is finally suppressed! I had two servings of egg drop soup yesterday, some shrimp and a diet pepsi. And plenty of water of course. They have monthly threads and I'm following the may one. A lot of people post their daily menus on there so that's what I'm looking to for ideas. Woowho! I'm excited to be joining you!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Phase....I will take a look...

Ok, so this morning started out with me brow beating myself into begining today! I have been sick with a sinus infection and not feeling great in general so all I want is comfort food! Plus, I'm PMSing so that makes it hard too ....but I have a goal, and I made a promise, and I will BEGIN!!! I also I am planning to start insanity on monday and need the few days before hand to get used to this WOE....

sooooo, breakfast was 4 peices of turkey bacon and 2 eggs over easy. Both cooked with a spray of pam. I did cave and have a coke zero too though. I said I was going cold turkey with that, however as an amendment, for the first few days I will be having it for breakfast to avoid withdrawel headaches when I already feel like crap

Hopefully I can ween myself off them by Monday too...I'm not sure if that really effects weight loss though, I guess we will see!

Good luck today everyone and I'll check back later!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Hey bbpn! Sounds like a yummy breakfast. Don't be too hard on yourself about the diet cokes, starting a really strict diet on top of pms is enough to deal with in one shebang. A lot of people have no problems with diet cokes and I don't think they break any rules. They don't stall me but I try to limit myself to a few a week.

-0.6 this morning. Soo today I've had one egg ..eww.. three 1cup servings of egg drop soup and a diet wild cherry pepsi. Delish. I'm planning on having chicken later. Aren't I the adventurous one.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

I know, I know...I tend to be an all or nothing type of person, which is probably what got my up about 50 lbs as is ...lol...but I have a SERIOUS soda issue so I do need to cut back. Im going to allow myself 1-2 a day to start, as long as I get in all my water. It is not so much the taste of diet coke, but I really like carbonation in my drinks, so I'm going to go buy myself a bunch of flavored seltzers and nsee if that helps.

I was actually UP 3 lbs from yesterday! LOL!!! hopefully once this water weight goes away I'll be down at least the 3!

Tell me about this egg drop soup? Do you make it or is it from the chinese resteraunt?
That sounds good!

For lunch I ate 2 turkey dogs and for a snack I'm having a cup of cottage cheese and a can of dry tuna ....um....not the most appetizing, but what can you do?

What is keeping me focused, hopefully, is that it is ONLY 2 weeks...lol...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I know that my losses will keep me on track once I get to the end and hopefully will keep me motivated to keep on going but for now, there is an end to this mission if I need it.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

The flavored seltzers sound like a great idea! Ow I hate when the scale jumps up like that but at least you know it's water! Pms is wonderful huh. lol Salt messes with my scale sometimes too if I indulge a bit.

The egg drop soup is yummy and really simple! I'm mad though that the broth I have has a little sugar in it! Sneaky sneaky. I also added some forbidden oil(sesame) in mine the other day but I'll stop that now and be a good girl. Here's the soup info from the site I got it from.

4 cups chicken broth or stock
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 -2 green onions, minced(I leave it out for stills)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
A few drops of sesame oil (optional)
(I add a splash of 0 carb soy sauce)
Preparation:
In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add the white pepper and salt, and the sesame oil if using. Cook for about another minute.
Very slowly pour in the eggs in a steady stream. To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly in a clockwise direction for one minute. To make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form.
Garnish with green onion and serve.

Nutritional Breakdown - 4 servings
Each serving contains: Calories 81, 2 g Carbohydrates( Dunno where those are coming from!), 8 g Protein, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 106 mg Cholesterol, trace Fibre, 866 mg Sodium

You're already doing great just starting this.. a LOT of people say "Oh I could NEVER do that! It's too hard!" We know better though. Once the lbs and inches start to go we'll be set! Two weeks? We totally have this.

Last edited by Phase; 05-10-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Two weeks will fly by, guys! I'd join you but I'm coming up to the end of my own 2 week hardcore Stillmans. Well, I've HARDLY cheated... I had a bowl of turkey chili one day in the beginning because it was the thing with the least carbs at my work's cafeteria (All the yummy stuff is like 30-70+ carbs! I had no idea!) and maybe a little skim milk mozzarella cheese here and there but I think that's as far as my cheating went! I'm gonna start the Inches Off diet next week because i'm kind of at a stall and I haven't seen many inches come off yet, but then I'll be back to Stillmans the following week. But anyway, it's definitely possible and you guys can totally do it! Good luck!!
littlelavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

OH also, for recipe ideas, I have this thread bookmarked: Stillman Recipes
It also has another recipe for egg drop soup!

My favorites were the "lasagna" and the cola BBQ chicken. The BBQ chicken was so excellent! I had friends and roommates try some and when I told them what I made the sauce with, they were amazed. Some of those recipes don't work 100% for strict Stillmans but it's a great reference point to get you started.

Last edited by littlelavender; 05-10-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Phase! I'm gonna make that tomoorrow~ UGH! I hate PMS... I gain and loose very fast and have been know to gain as much as 5 lbs over night! lmao~ We shall see in the am, but since there is no "releif" in sight, I am not sure when this water weight will be going away As for the rest of my day since my last check in....I was a bit bad We might need to extend this a day! I went to the gym then had a french onion nsoup[ with LF cheese...not toooo bad, however I am on antibiotics and motrin and after taking medicine felt DIZZY...had a peice of bread! OHHHHH the shame! I ended near 1100 cal for the day (I know that not the idea of this, but it made me feel a bit better!)

So, tomorrow should be better...has to be! I'll be counting this as 1 of 15 (days) today....
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Thats GREAT littlelavander! I love hearing success stories. It motivates me to do it too! Can I ask how much youve lost in the 2 weeks?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I bet the bread tasted amazing bbpn! Oh, I shouldn't be saying that huh? lol I feel ya though.. last night I dreamed of pizza and icecream. Except even in my dream I couldn't have it.. I think my dog ate the whole pizza before I could taste it. Eshh I guess I have carbs on the brain a wee bit. S'okay though we can handle it. I think sometimes antibiotics makes it harder to lose the cravings with low carb.. not sure though. But hey! You have a great excuse! "I didn't know what I was doing! I was DRUGGED I say! DRUGGED!"

Thanks for the tips littlelavender! That chicken does sound yummy!

-1.4lbs this morning. Haven't lost this much since the 3rd so woowho!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpn View Post
Thats GREAT littlelavander! I love hearing success stories. It motivates me to do it too! Can I ask how much youve lost in the 2 weeks?
I've lost about 10-12 lbs so far. I weighed 158 this morning! Although I usually add a couple lbs since it fluctuates so much throughout the day so I'd say 10 lbs. Depends on what you go by, the morning weight or the average weight throughout the day.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Nice work littlelavender!! Those are great losses! I'm hoping I can average 5lbs a week myself. You are definitely inspiring!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

ok.....so, I was more on plan today besides a bit of lettuce.....hmmmm....i ate like 3 turkey burgers and some tuna...boring....I'm feeling BLAH because of the water weight and my head cold so it hasnt been easy to stick to plan but alas, I have not had a BITE of anything remotly carby today! hopefully at some point ill see the losses. I'm just wanting to get rid of this water weight ASAP...my chest is like 7 sizes bigger then normal right now and I feel like I've gained 20 lbs overnight! SOooooooo....hopefully the scale will budge tomorrow but I'm not putting too much stock into that right now. Hope everyones day has gone GREAT!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Great job sticking to the plan bbpn! Are you drinking a lot of water to try to keep from retaining as much? I'm not sure how much that helps when on TOM though. Have you thought about taking something like midol to flush some water out? This way of eating is supposed to be diuretic in itself but I've seen some atkins dieters use them when they're really bloated. I hope you feel better soon and sticking to the plan you're sure to see a big ol WHOOSH soon!!

Sugar free jello has been on my mind lately.. it's Stillmans legal but I dunno if I should start in with any treats, it's a slippery road.
-1.8 today. I don't know how I've gotten such a good number the last two days. I guess going strict has advantages.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellesmom
Stats: 170/170/appropriate for 4'11"
WOE: Stillman's first
Start Date: Lurking since 2008
Good morning, all....

I would like to give it a go...

Like you, I have lurked a long time so it is time to get serious (at least for a few weeks) and challenge myself. I have done this before so I know it works for me but I have have not had the stick-to-it-ness.

I need accountability!!!! So...instead of saying I will start tomorrow-TODAY is the day. I am just few days away from you guys starting. Eventually I will graduate to the monthly Stillman's post I always read but you all seem to have similar goals as mine. So let's GO! I hope some of you are already kicking ketosis butt!!

I am going to fry some eggs my chickens just laid...

Good luck everybody....
Bellesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Bellesmom! bbpns thread was just what I needed to stay motivated! Stillmans is great! Oh man! Fresh eggs?! From your own chickens! Boy am I jealous! ..and I don't even like eggs! ..that's a lot of exclamation marks..
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

First meal....

Phase, thank you for the welcome!

Well...here's how it turned out.

2 aggs fried with butter
countless pieces of low sodium turkey bacon (6 probably...)
4 small (made with Splenda) Vlasic gherkins (sweet pickles)
bottle of Dasani

I love the pickles and I was having a tantrum on the inside telling myself it was okay. So I ate em. And I will probably do it again later. But not bad looking at the whole menu.

I have to be honest: I have a Coke Zero addiction myself and I could go days with drinking nothing else. I LIKE water but I have to be reminded to choose it first. Drinking water was a step in the right direction...

Phase, now I am wanting to pick up some SF jello to replace my SF pickle urge.

Also, thank you- LittleLavender- for the recipes, and congratulations on your progress!

Gonna refresh some grout in my guest bathroom!!! (Keepin my mind occupied...)
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

correction...

I know I am from Mississippi but the "aggs" was NOT intentional!!

correction: 2 eggs!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Woowho! I made it through Mothers Day! But I'm a big ol' cheater! Saturday I had a bunless burger with pepperjack cheese and creamy sauce with a big side salad with ranch. Oh! And two double shots of Malibu coconut rum. Had a 0.4 gain Sunday. I again had a side salad yesterday but that was the only cheat and my weight is the same today. I don't feel the need to start over with stillmans because with everything I'm far from perfect so if that was how I dealt with things I'd never finish anything. So today is day 14 total of stillmans for me and even with my small gain I've lost 9.4lbs.

How are you getting along bbpn?

Bellesmom, did you get some sugar free jello?

Hope ya'll had a nice mothers day!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Good morning!

Got to get motivated to head to the grocery store after work! I have a list made so that should help.

I ate some more SF sweet pickles yesterday but a Malibu rum shot would have been better!!!

I am down two lbs. from Saturday-I am sure it is water but I will take what I can get!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Bellesmom congrats on your two lbs down! I heard someone say on here that people consider the weight to be fat when you gain it so who cares it you lose some water( which you kinda have to since water is also stored with the fat) it's STILL WEIGHT! So woowho for you!! The rum was my SIL idea and it was delicious! I wouldn't have thought that drinking it on the rocks would be that enjoyable but it was. I think the coconut flavor has a few carbs and sugars but the site info I found said the mango, banana and pineapple flavors don't! So if I cave to a drink next time those are some better options. I shall be good for the week though so no booze for me.

Vacation's in 10 days! Hope to drop 6.6lbs by then so I'll be at 145.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #26
kaz
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaz
Hey guys today is my first day on the diet ever! How are yous all doing? How much weight have yous lost xx
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Hi Everyone,

Is this thread still active? I'd really love to join if it is. Where is everyone at in their 2 week countdown?

I really love the idea of 2 straight weeks of clean Stillmans.
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Hi SillyErin!
I think I'm going to take a break from stillmans for a week or two. I was 15 days in yesterday when I had a crazy binge. Only 7 of those days were hardcore, other days I included fatty meats. Good luck! You should check out the Stillmans May thread.. lots of support and inspiration there!!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Thanks Phase, I'll do that!
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote