Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Stillmans vs Dukan

I did Stillmans many many years ago with some success. Currently this is the same as the Dukan Diet with the exception of the ff yogurt and the one and a half Tbl. of oat bran a day. Lost 4 pounds in a week and now will either stay on this or go to the next phase which adds in veggies. There are only so many diets you can conceive of over 30 years or more. Somehow, one of them has to work for us. It's not a bad plan and Dr. Oz gives it a thumbs up (Dukan I mean).
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I did Stillmans many many years ago with some success. Currently this is the same as the Dukan Diet with the exception of the ff yogurt and the one and a half Tbl. of oat bran a day. Lost 4 pounds in a week and now will either stay on this or go to the next phase which adds in veggies. There are only so many diets you can conceive of over 30 years or more. Somehow, one of them has to work for us. It's not a bad plan and Dr. Oz gives it a thumbs up (Dukan I mean).
I think Dukan is just modified stills and I agree out of all the diets out there with success stories I think every diet works you just have to find the one that works for you!

Congrats on finding the one that worked for you!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Hi Suze! I love Dukan! Did you read the book? I saw the Dr. Oz show where he had the panel discussing it and people with success stories. That was last June or July, 2011. One lady said she lost 13 pounds in 10 days. I thought, "I could never lose that much."

Well, I started Dukan's Attack diet on August 1st and even though I didn't do it perfectly, after 10 days I was down 14 pounds! I moved into the Cruise phase and continued to lose but after a while it started slowing down. But, by December I had lost 27 pounds doing Dukan (and taking time off for several trips including a week in Maui).

I'm a huge fan of Stillman's. I used it when I was 15 and lost 55 pounds pretty quickly and got way below my ideal weight range. Pretty much all my life I kept my weight off by going back to Stillman's if I put on 5 pounds. It would always come right off in a few days, so I stayed slim.

Rest of story is that when I turned 50 I had a serious back injury so I could not exercise. Right at the same time menopause hit. Being bed ridden for a while and then getting the hot flashes, crazy hormonal changes and metabolism changes that happen, boy, the weight just started piling on.

During menopause, nothing worked much. Not even Stillman's. I was so frustrated. It would take me months to take off 20 pounds and then it would come right back and bring more with it.

Well, back is now healed. Menopause is over. Thank the Lord!!! And, Dukan got me jump started so fast!! I'm now down 36 pounds. It's really slow going. I started JUDDing and every couple of weeks I try to do JUDD/Dukan combo. I need to do that right now to get the scale moving I think.

Congratulations on your success so far! KUTGW!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 05-04-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies I am off to a slow start. Had planned to get going on Friday but DH takes up a lot of my time and I decided to do the big lift off on Monday. DH has cancer and even though we don't really eat the same food now I end up mindlessly stress eating. Didn't sleep well last nite and had a Carl's Jr. double burger and fries for my one meal, plus coffee w/cream. Now that's a doozie I'd say. See what I mean about stress eating??? So---back to a Monday start. I will have to get really motivated and commit to taking it one day at a time. Actually it's easy to plan for but hard for me to activate. Am praying for success.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

How are you doing today, Suze?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Hanging in Yam-Yam. I am still "fumbling" with plans but at least am getting in my daily walk. How about you?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hanging in Yam-Yam. I am still "fumbling" with plans but at least am getting in my daily walk. How about you?
Well, I had a very stressful and lack-of-sleep weekend. I seriously overate and the scale was up 5 pounds Monday morning! So, Monday I had my coffee with half and half in it. (I have never given that up, even on Stillman's and it never has slowed down my losses that I noticed). Then I cut up two lemons and throughout the day I just kept drinking ice water and squeezing in the lemons. I had a little bit of lean protein and that was it. And, I finally got a good night's sleep.

I almost fainted when I got on the scale Tuesday morning! I was down -7 pounds! That's MINUS SEVEN overnight! I've never seen anything like that before. So, Tuesday I had 103 grams of protein (in Dukan's book, he says for the fastest weight loss, take your current weight, divide by 2 and that's how many grams of protein you should try to have every day).

Wednesday morning I was down another -2 pounds!! Oh, and along with all that protein, I drank lemon water all day again.

Wow. -9 pounds in 2 days. Of course 5 pounds of that was a re-lose from what I gained over the weekend. I'm sure that was all just water weight. But, I'll bet my body was finally gonna drop some fat anyway and it was a coincidence that it all happened together.

I'm pretty amazed and happy about it. Gonna keep on keepin' on!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Nice going. I am now energized because of your success. Will post Monday. Today and the weekend are for planting front porch and tomato in the back. Have a good one!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Have fun planting! I'll check in Monday, too.