Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   May Stillman's QWL Losers Rockin' it to Memorial Day Skinny! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/769985-may-stillmans-qwl-losers-rockin-memorial-day-skinny.html)

CCGirl 05-01-2012 04:41 AM

May Stillman's QWL Losers Rockin' it to Memorial Day Skinny!
 
Join us and lean it out for the summer start on the Quick Weight Loss we all love! :kicking:

CCGirl 05-01-2012 04:54 AM

anyone ever use coconut milk for anything???????

BrattyS 05-01-2012 08:30 AM

I had an awful day yesterday. I just could not get over that half a pound gain on top of losing nothing the day before. I did not go off plan yesterday but after weighing today and seeing no movement AGAIN, I have decided to have some fruit and veggies today. Take a deep breath and back on plan tomorrow. This time I will drink plain water and have no cheese. I am going to be as clean as I can get.
In the past my body seems to go into stall mode after 2 weeks of stills. I go off for a day and my body recovers plus loses fast within two days of going back. So that is the plan. :)

Coconut anything is :sick::sick::sick: hehehe

slatman 05-01-2012 08:44 AM

Morning Ladies!

Weight 213

B: Water
L: 2 Hamb Patties
SN: Water
D: Chicken
SN: SF Jello

1 gu gel 20 minutes prior (25carb)
Exercise - 1 hour intervals 750-800 Kcal 10% over threshold

slatman 05-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrattyS (Post 15623443)
I have decided to have some fruit and veggies today. Take a deep breath and back on plan tomorrow. This time I will drink plain water and have no cheese. I am going to be as clean as I can get.
In the past my body seems to go into stall mode after 2 weeks of stills. I go off for a day and my body recovers plus loses fast within two days of going back. So that is the plan. :)

Coconut anything is :sick::sick::sick: hehehe

Have you tried 10 days on 2 off with the 2 days being veg and fruit added in?
If you exercise those two days would be when to do it.. if you do it right you can stay in ketosis and your bod will think refeed.

You also may experience a "slimming" week after this and isn't that just as good as a loss?

Phase 05-01-2012 08:52 AM

I would like to join you gals! Reading through some past threads you all seem like a really supportive group and who couldn't use some understanding and support when trying to drop some poundage? I lost 25lbs with Atkins over 4 months, with many restarts and mess-ups. I gained nearly 10 of it back just this past month and I have a vacation coming up in just 23 days so I need to get serious now! Maybe you guys can help me be accountable. CCGirl I've poured coconut milk over berries instead of cream with some sf syrup and it's pretty yummy in smoothies too. I hear people use it to make low carb curries too.

slatman 05-01-2012 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Phase;15623512]I would like to join you gals! Reading through some past threads you all seem like a really supportive group and who couldn't use some understanding and support QUOTE]

Accountability also helps.. post your menu and it helps you stick to it... it can also help the experienced folks see what's going on and help you through a stall.

Welcome!

Mar922 05-01-2012 09:54 AM

Hey everyone anothe pop in!

Down another pound! I am losing a lot slower this time around but I am also eating tons of salt, not really by choice but that ok I know with upping my water I can flush out the salt and be down even more weigt

CC: I have been dating my bf about 6 months so yeah that probably coincides with when I stopped popping in so much and started gaining a little haha I also have a new job so that can take about 10% of the blame for my disappearance haha

Sorry for the bad typing in my iPhone

Jenn2b 05-01-2012 10:15 AM

I WOULD decide to get serious about weight loss when my evil foe Dotty shows up in town :/ Oh well at least I know who is to blame for my being up to 251.8 from 249 right. Yesterday was an Atkins day 4 me...those Advantage Milk Choc. Delight shakes taste great & have been major craving-savers...only 2 net carbs ea. niiiiiice ;)

BrattyS 05-01-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slatman (Post 15623493)
Have you tried 10 days on 2 off with the 2 days being veg and fruit added in?
If you exercise those two days would be when to do it.. if you do it right you can stay in ketosis and your bod will think refeed.

You also may experience a "slimming" week after this and isn't that just as good as a loss?

I saw you mention the 10 on 2 off the other day. I think for me it would work wonderfully. I will more than likely give it a try..

BrattyS 05-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phase (Post 15623512)
I would like to join you gals! Reading through some past threads you all seem like a really supportive group and who couldn't use some understanding and support when trying to drop some poundage? I lost 25lbs with Atkins over 4 months, with many restarts and mess-ups. I gained nearly 10 of it back just this past month and I have a vacation coming up in just 23 days so I need to get serious now! Maybe you guys can help me be accountable. CCGirl I've poured coconut milk over berries instead of cream with some sf syrup and it's pretty yummy in smoothies too. I hear people use it to make low carb curries too.

:welcome: We will all definitely be here to support you. I have found that coming here helps so much.

BrattyS 05-01-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mar922 (Post 15623707)
Down another pound!

:clap::clap: Any pound gone is a great pound!


Sorry for the multiple posts. I usually try to reply in one. I am too lazy right now to do it. :D

Phase 05-01-2012 11:15 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a few questions if you'll all humor me.. I see we're encouraged to take a multivitamin but with this being low fat what about the fat soluble vitamins? Are they just flushed? When I was doing Atkins I added fat to keep my calories from getting really low, with this low seems to be the norm so I'm wondering if anyone has a calorie minimum they try to meet? Also even though seasoning is allowed I see some people stay away from it. Do ya'll think bland foods speed losses? Thanks :)

Jenn2b 05-01-2012 12:23 PM

I chose a profile pic and this is to see if it shows up or not...

Jenn2b 05-01-2012 12:25 PM

Darn it! It didn't...Idk what I'm doing wrong? Guess I'll try again.

slatman 05-01-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phase (Post 15624020)
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a few questions if you'll all humor me.. I see we're encouraged to take a multivitamin but with this being low fat what about the fat soluble vitamins? Are they just flushed? When I was doing Atkins I added fat to keep my calories from getting really low, with this low seems to be the norm so I'm wondering if anyone has a calorie minimum they try to meet? Also even though seasoning is allowed I see some people stay away from it. Do ya'll think bland foods speed losses? Thanks :)

Not sure about the vitamins but we are talking low fat not no fat..

No need to count calories you should eat till satisfied. If/when you stall calories in/out is something to take a look at. Typically cheese is the problem and it should be limited to no more than 1/2 cup a day.

I use seasoning and hot sauce extensively with no issue (like cholula) I do skip the salt. If I ate bland food I wouldn't make it a day.

slatman 05-01-2012 01:29 PM

If you do count you should be at or over 1200 (depending on a variety of factors of course). Otherwise you are not doing Stillman's, but a bad variation that was popular a few years ago but very unhealthy. The folks on that plan complained about being hungry.. that should not be the case on Stillman's. And Stillman's is not a WOE it is QWL that should be cycled with other plans.

Phase 05-01-2012 02:37 PM

Ok thanks slatman :) The person that suggested skipping the seasoning reasoned that people would find it more difficult to only eat to hunger if the food was yummy. I don't really find plain meats all that bland anyway but seasoning makes it more interesting.

IM2fat 05-01-2012 03:00 PM

Welcome Phase. . Hello Jenn! Howdy, Slat!

Sorry CC. .I made up a May board and kinda/sorta forgot how. . Now I think I posted 2! What the heck . OK maybe next month!!

I'm cooking my children leftover baked spaghetti and garlic bread. . the bread is driving me crazy (smells from the oven). . I should have saved it for another day. . today has been tough, I won't lie! I really need one good day under my belt and I'll have it licked. .

Stay away from those evil carbs, peeps. .just not worth it. .

IM2fat 05-01-2012 03:05 PM

I take a multi vitamin (can tell when I don't). . flax seed oil and usually a B100 thrown in the mix. . .I think fat is essential for a lot of different things. . you just need to make sure you get the right kind: Check this out:

Fat Facts: Essential Fatty Acids, Saturated Fat, and Trans Fat

As far as bland foods go. .many of us choose to season with hot sauce, mustard, certain vinegars and seasoning. . If you check the carb count on some of the other items (Ketchup, dressing, etc. ). . you will see that most contain sugars which is not desirable on the QWL. .

and Slat hit it on the head. . this is for Quick Weight Loss and not for "Weigh" of Life. .

IM2fat 05-01-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn2b (Post 15624218)
Darn it! It didn't...Idk what I'm doing wrong? Guess I'll try again.

User control, edit avitar and browse to select one from your own pictures or choose one already there. .

Hope that helps!!

IM2fat 05-01-2012 03:15 PM

I'm up again. (((sigh))). . I have to concentrate on this. . I probably shouldn't have weighed this morning but I'm a little scale obsessive!!! I will do the same thing tomorrow (after saying I won't) but I plan to be happy about it!!

Tomorrow will be a challenge. I have a luncheon and we will be "served". . . .Friday, I have a breakfast date (with my boss/the Judge and the Court Referree) at a more upscale resturant . I hope they have something I recognize on the menu. . I mean. eggs can be made so many different ways and I think they would frown on me whipping out my boiled egg and tuna!!! An omlet might be safe but I guarantee it will be covered in a funky sauce or something. I suppose I can be a diva and order everything Ala cart. . IDK . just thinking out loud. . .

So. .if anyone has any suggestion for breakfast, let me know. . I'm trying to get my hands on a menu so I don't look like the hick I am. . I dont' do fancy very often!!

CCGirl 05-01-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrattyS (Post 15623443)
I had an awful day yesterday. I just could not get over that half a pound gain on top of losing nothing the day before. I did not go off plan yesterday but after weighing today and seeing no movement AGAIN, I have decided to have some fruit and veggies today. Take a deep breath and back on plan tomorrow. This time I will drink plain water and have no cheese. I am going to be as clean as I can get.
In the past my body seems to go into stall mode after 2 weeks of stills. I go off for a day and my body recovers plus loses fast within two days of going back. So that is the plan. :)

Coconut anything is :sick::sick::sick: hehehe

maybe your body is resting.........keep on truckin' babe, it will happen! :high5:
Quote:

Originally Posted by slatman (Post 15623482)
Morning Ladies!

Weight 213

B: Water
L: 2 Hamb Patties
SN: Water
D: Chicken
SN: SF Jello

1 gu gel 20 minutes prior (25carb)
Exercise - 1 hour intervals 750-800 Kcal 10% over threshold

gu gel?????????

Slat you're the male incarnation of GT, the workout addict :laugh: go you!!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by slatman (Post 15623493)
Have you tried 10 days on 2 off with the 2 days being veg and fruit added in?
If you exercise those two days would be when to do it.. if you do it right you can stay in ketosis and your bod will think refeed.

You also may experience a "slimming" week after this and isn't that just as good as a loss?

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phase (Post 15623512)
I would like to join you gals! Reading through some past threads you all seem like a really supportive group and who couldn't use some understanding and support when trying to drop some poundage? I lost 25lbs with Atkins over 4 months, with many restarts and mess-ups. I gained nearly 10 of it back just this past month and I have a vacation coming up in just 23 days so I need to get serious now! Maybe you guys can help me be accountable. CCGirl I've poured coconut milk over berries instead of cream with some sf syrup and it's pretty yummy in smoothies too. I hear people use it to make low carb curries too.

:welcome: is the coconut milke sugar free?? it sounds delish.......:eggs:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mar922 (Post 15623707)
Hey everyone anothe pop in!

Down another pound! I am losing a lot slower this time around but I am also eating tons of salt, not really by choice but that ok I know with upping my water I can flush out the salt and be down even more weigt

CC: I have been dating my bf about 6 months so yeah that probably coincides with when I stopped popping in so much and started gaining a little haha I also have a new job so that can take about 10% of the blame for my disappearance haha

Sorry for the bad typing in my iPhone

salt ick :sick:

sooo.......you've been makin' Canadian bacon all winter....:hyst::hyst:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn2b (Post 15623793)
I WOULD decide to get serious about weight loss when my evil foe Dotty shows up in town :/ Oh well at least I know who is to blame for my being up to 251.8 from 249 right. Yesterday was an Atkins day 4 me...those Advantage Milk Choc. Delight shakes taste great & have been major craving-savers...only 2 net carbs ea. niiiiiice ;)

:welcome: eek watch it on the fake food, it will not develop your culinary skills for maintenance.....just MHO.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phase (Post 15624020)
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a few questions if you'll all humor me.. I see we're encouraged to take a multivitamin but with this being low fat what about the fat soluble vitamins? Are they just flushed? When I was doing Atkins I added fat to keep my calories from getting really low, with this low seems to be the norm so I'm wondering if anyone has a calorie minimum they try to meet? Also even though seasoning is allowed I see some people stay away from it. Do ya'll think bland foods speed losses? Thanks :)

take 'em anyway.........bland foods lead a boring menu which soon leads to going off plan IMHO so season away!!!!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 15624659)
I'm up again. (((sigh))). . I have to concentrate on this. . I probably shouldn't have weighed this morning but I'm a little scale obsessive!!! I will do the same thing tomorrow (after saying I won't) but I plan to be happy about it!!

Tomorrow will be a challenge. I have a luncheon and we will be "served". . . .Friday, I have a breakfast date (with my boss/the Judge and the Court Referree) at a more upscale resturant . I hope they have something I recognize on the menu. . I mean. eggs can be made so many different ways and I think they would frown on me whipping out my boiled egg and tuna!!! An omlet might be safe but I guarantee it will be covered in a funky sauce or something. I suppose I can be a diva and order everything Ala cart. . IDK . just thinking out loud. . .

So. .if anyone has any suggestion for breakfast, let me know. . I'm trying to get my hands on a menu so I don't look like the hick I am. . I dont' do fancy very often!!

eggs benedict and leave the muffin, you're gluten intolerant, remember!



YAY my neighbor brought over two dozen farm fresh eggs and temps will be rising into the 70s (F) by the weekend, it's egg salad time!!!!!!!!!:sing:

CCGirl 05-01-2012 04:45 PM

IM do you know which restaurant?

Phase 05-01-2012 04:56 PM

The brand I get is sugar free, just coconut and water. A lot of them do try to sneak sugar and wacky ingredients in though. I've been having some with my coffee lately.. yumm!

CCGirl 05-01-2012 05:10 PM

Phase, I just caught yer locale.........:laugh: there are no potholes in AL :D

Phase 05-01-2012 05:31 PM

Ya sure about that CCGirl? The shocks on my car would disagree :laugh:

littlelavender 05-01-2012 05:43 PM

Hello all! :) I'm new to Stillman's (thanks to all you inspiring people), currently on Day 2 of the QWL diet! So far today I've had...

B: 1 egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon
L: Chicken breast
D: Haven't eaten it yet but I will in a few minutes. I was trying to figure out what sounds good... tuna? One of those Stillmans recipes? Not sure yet!:dunno: What sounds good to you guys?

I was around 170 when I started Stillmans yesterday and I weighed myself this morning and was excited to see I was at 164! ...But then I just got home a bit ago and weighed myself again and I was at 169. :confused: I didn't know that your body could fluctuate so much but I guess it's because I didn't eat yet when I weighed this morning. I know you're not supposed to weigh so often, but I'm a little excited to start seeing some loss! I think in a few days once I get used to the diet, I won't weigh as often. :P

IM2fat 05-01-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 15624864)
IM do you know which restaurant?

OK. .humor me here. but here is one thing I might be interested in:

Smoked Fish Plate, Smoked salmon, gravlax and smoked whitefish salad, cream cheese, onion, capers and a bagel

---toss bagel. . well. . maybe not. I just notice the word "salad". .me thinks it will be mayo? pardon my stupidity. .but what is Gravlax?

another option:

Lump Crab and Portabella Eggs Benedict Toasted brioche, lump crab, grilled portabella mushroom, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce

but what the heck is Lump crab and brioche? . . and I'm sure I won't like hollandaise sauce!!

or what about:

Southwest Egg Roulade Chorizo and pepper jack cheese egg roulade with pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream and hash browns

Goodness: what the heck is Roulade Chorizo and how do I pronounce that? I think I better stay home. . or course the hash browns, sour cream and avocado have to go too. . Uggg

Spring Omelette
Roasted chicken, vine ripe tomatoes, fresh sorrel, Gruyere cheese, hash browns, toast and your choice of bacon or sausage

Why would they serve more meat with a roasted chicken omlette? and what is sorrell and will I like Gruyere cheese? I love hash browns but they have to go , too

Egg White Frittata
Roasted peppers, goat cheese, scallion roma tomato gratin and potato cakes

Goat Cheese? Really. never had it? is it not good. .wonder if I can ask for it without?

OK. .I'm open for suggestions. . these items were as close to Meat as I can get. . Help??? I dont' want to ask for everything on the side. . CC. you are good at disecting. .

Boy, do I feel. .. Duh!! I can't even think of the right word. . What happened to eggs and bacon?

IM2fat 05-01-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlelavender (Post 15625012)
Hello all! :) I'm new to Stillman's (thanks to all you inspiring people), currently on Day 2 of the QWL diet! So far today I've had...

B: 1 egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon
L: Chicken breast
D: Haven't eaten it yet but I will in a few minutes. I was trying to figure out what sounds good... tuna? One of those Stillmans recipes? Not sure yet!:dunno: What sounds good to you guys?

I was around 170 when I started Stillmans yesterday and I weighed myself this morning and was excited to see I was at 164! ...But then I just got home a bit ago and weighed myself again and I was at 169. :confused: I didn't know that your body could fluctuate so much but I guess it's because I didn't eat yet when I weighed this morning. I know you're not supposed to weigh so often, but I'm a little excited to start seeing some loss! I think in a few days once I get used to the diet, I won't weigh as often. :P

A few things: I'm scale obsessed, too. . but I found if I weigh more than once per day. .I drive myself crazy. So I do it first thing in the morning in the birthday suit and jump on. . then off. . then on again. if they are the same. .that's what I go with. . .Never, ever, ever Weigh yourself at night. .your weight will definately fluctuate. . Beside. I noted that you had some turkey bacon. .it is loaded with salt which will make you retain some water (temporarily) . . make sure you drink twice as much on your "salty" days. I, too, love bacon periodically. .

In the very beginning, I like to eat as clean as possible as it helps to get the "cravings" out of your system. Day 3 is when they really start subsiding and then you will find that you are rarely hungry. . .and you'd be amazed, but one little egg can do you for breakfast. . Chicken, tuna and eggs are staples in my house. I always keep boiled eggs in the refigerator and I try to eat one on the way home (from work) so that I don't attack the refrigerator as soon as I walk in the door. It also helps when I am preparing meals for my family. . I also pop in some gum just to keep me from testing! Trust me. . my family will tell me if it tastes like poo poo. . no need for me to lick the spoon or any drips that may fall on my hand. . . .You get my drift. . :hyst:

Good luck and what a great start. . keep checking in. . you will definately come to count on the support of this group. . it's great whether you are having a good day or a bad day. . .here's to many "good days!"


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.