Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I was really hoping for a drop this morning since I was extremely good yesterday but it's still at 151.6. That's what I get for cheating sat and sunday. Maybe I'll remember this for next time.

Bellesmom Mmmm jello! I'm still too scared to get some. I have some sugar free poweraid that I just remembered has stalled me in the past. It's so refreshing though!.. The mental part is hardest for me too but you can do it! Don't forget you have tons of support here!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
So far I am doing good!

I am not weighing until Tuesday because of the holiday Monday so hopefully I do well!

so far today I have had 3 HB eggs and I am going out for lunch at a sandwich place so I am gonna just stick with a salad or just eat the inside of my sandwich haha.

Have a good day!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Doing good today also.

2 HB eggs for breakfast
1 chicken breast. (cooked in the slow cooker)
Dinner will be a tuna patty with maybe a wedge of laughing cow cheese

I am curious. Does anyone have OCD or an all or nothing mentality? I do and it effects everything in my life.
When I clean house, I have to clean ALL of it. I mean drawers, cabinets, closets... everything. If I can't do that I because highly agitated and can't do any of it.

When I am dieting, I am either neurotically on or WAY off. I can not seem to balance any of it. I am 39 years old and have been this way all my life.

It has been a source of stress in a lot of relationships in my life. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband that accepts me for the weird, crazy, sometimes psycho that I am.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Doing good today also.

2 HB eggs for breakfast
1 chicken breast. (cooked in the slow cooker)
Dinner will be a tuna patty with maybe a wedge of laughing cow cheese

I am curious. Does anyone have OCD or an all or nothing mentality? I do and it effects everything in my life.
When I clean house, I have to clean ALL of it. I mean drawers, cabinets, closets... everything. If I can't do that I because highly agitated and can't do any of it.

When I am dieting, I am either neurotically on or WAY off. I can not seem to balance any of it. I am 39 years old and have been this way all my life.

It has been a source of stress in a lot of relationships in my life. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband that accepts me for the weird, crazy, sometimes psycho that I am.
Do not fret my friend, I am the exact same way! :-)

Just bought some lean turkey burgers, what can I add to make them like a burger besides mustard???
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
Do not fret my friend, I am the exact same way! :-)

Just bought some lean turkey burgers, what can I add to make them like a burger besides mustard???
We bought some baconnaise to shake things up a bit. We don't have it often but it is yummy when we do.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I popped in to say I'm going to be gone Wed/Thurs. I'll be back Fri/Sat. but then I'm flying to the east coast for a two week stay.

I'll try to check in when I can. KUTGW you guys!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
O my goodness. I just got myself all caught up and can barely keep my eyes open. Sleep will be a very welcome guest tonite! Congrats losers truly inspiring!, I love all the new peeps too. Woo hoo. I decided that I'm not gonna let a few carbs get in my way so I'm doing a little mixing it up. Gonna try counting calories for awhile while maintaining a non processed caveman type diet. I love how low carb keeps me bloat free but I also understand that one has to live life and things can and will get in the weigh and it's all about how you react to it. Does it run you or are you running it?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hugs to everyone ,,,,! See you in the morn
Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellesmom
Stats: 170/170/appropriate for 4'11"
WOE: Stillman's first
Start Date: Lurking since 2008
Happy Birthday, Angelstill! Good morning everybody!!

As you can see, I am a definite morning person. I just wanted to report I was able to control what went into my mouth yesterday. I have not seen any progress on the scale (2 lb loss since starting Saturday) but I have not been consistently faithful....

I ate HB eggs, boiled shrimp, SF pickles (curses!!), one SF Red Bull (...which has carbs...There is a Zero Carb version but I am drinking these first until I run out), water, and unsweetened tea (for a Southerner, this is unheard of!) with Splenda. But NO Coke Zero!!! Gotta focus on the positive!

I have packed my lunch, and it looks Stillman acceptable, but will I follow through??

I hope you guys do! Love your posts!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellesmom
Stats: 170/170/appropriate for 4'11"
WOE: Stillman's first
Start Date: Lurking since 2008
Techie question: how do you post quotes?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #251
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I would say my schedule has settled down, but just when I say that, it gets crazy again! I am looking forward to being on plan. And I have a new plan - not an new eating plan - this one is the best! I have a new life plan. I am going to relocate to the Chicago area. This will take awhile - but I'm very motivated to get myself looking better and feeling better. I'll have interviews eventually and I want and need to feel good about myself. It is fun to be back in this process!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #252
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellesmom View Post
Techie question: how do you post quotes?

Good morning! I'm a morning person too - but I do a lot of reading before I get to this site to post.

Anyway, there is a button in the lower right corner of a post that says: quote. Hit that and the person's post comes up with space for you to add whatever you want!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Thank you for the Birthday wishes !!!!

Exactly, the button on the lower right corner click on (Quote ) that should do it for you !
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

good mornin. I was a very good girl yesterday and the scale was nice to me. I lost 4 pounds of my 7 pound gain. (mostly bloat)

The hubby is back on track with me so it will be a bit easier to stay on.
There is nothing worse than trying to lose weight while the person sitting next to you is chewing away on yummy food.
We plan to be on until the end of the month then have one day off. That is 18 days, surely I can do that. My goal is to be at 210 by then. Then under 200 by the end of June. I am REALLY looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I decided that I'm not gonna let a few carbs get in my way so I'm doing a little mixing it up. Gonna try counting calories for awhile while maintaining a non processed caveman type diet. I love how low carb keeps me bloat free but I also understand that one has to live life and things can and will get in the weigh and it's all about how you react to it. Does it run you or are you running it?
Do what you need to do. You have to remain true to yourself and is this is what you need then I hope it works wonderfully for you.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Up 2 lbs but I am not going to cry about it ....

I knew what was going to happen when I went to New York City .... I had indulged and I am listing it all because for me it is a good idea that I look over my old posts and compare .... I was better by far last month then I hit the stall wall !!!! I get impatient waiting for the whoosh .... I looked over my past progress and I was doing so well .... I said no more excuses and here I go the excuse of the day it is my birthday .... So yesterday I ate 2 slices of pizza and a chicken roll which is pizza dough filled with chicken , cheese and sauce .... sweet tea , 2 cups of McDonalds coffee cream and sugar and then I went to an Italian bakery and bought a loaf of Italian bread and a strawberry short cake for my birthday cake .... and then I ate a lot of that bread and a falafel and hummus and two cheese sticks, a slim jim pepperoni stick and a bunch of almonds .... and only two bottles of water for the day ....So when the scale goes up I will not be like oh, I really do not know how that happened .... it is all here in black and white .... So I will enjoy my excuse today after all it is my birthday .... I know I am going to weigh in tomorrow hopefully looking over all this indulgence will make me realize its not the scale to blame it is me ....
Old 05-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday wishes ....

IM2 wish your son a Happy Birthday !!!! from me your LCF !!!! since we share the day !!!! I hope all his wishes come true He is very lucky to have you as a mom and hope you had a good mother's day with your family !!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Good morning! I'm down .6 today, I think I could've done better. I snacked on one too many of my daughters teddy bear honey crackers & had a bite of watermelon & didn't drink as much water as I was supposed to anyway those crackers quickly brought me up to 10 carbs. I know on Stillmans you're supposed to consume very little to no carbs but when I'm good I still end up consuming 5 carbs a day. Do you guys think it should be less? The carbs are coming from an atkins shake which has 2 carbs (i have one daily) & turkey franks which have 1 carb each, I usually have three of those & then its just eggs for breakfast, chicken breast or turkey patty for dinner. I'm thinking about buying some low fat cheese but im afraid it will stall me.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
good mornin. I was a very good girl yesterday and the scale was nice to me. I lost 4 pounds of my 7 pound gain. (mostly bloat)
Yay for the 4 lb loss! I know you'll reach your goals soon!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I love how low carb keeps me bloat free but I also understand that one has to live life and things can and will get in the weigh and it's all about how you react to it. Does it run you or are you running it?
That is a great mentality! you have to find what works for you and if a little bread or pasta keep you sane then do.

I have a similar mentality, i figure you only live once so enjoy the good times, I just try and keep my enjoyment of carbs to a minimum.

Lots of calorie counters say to have like 165 carbs a day.
I try and keep it under 100 when I am indulging... I wonder where they came up with that number anyways....
Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS !!!!

Last edited by Angelstill; 05-16-2012 at 10:07 AM..
Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
IM2 wish your son a Happy Birthday !!!! from me your LCF !!!! since we share the day !!!! I hope all his wishes come true He is very lucky to have you as a mom and hope you had a good mother's day with your family !!!!
ahh. Thank you so much Angel. . Happy Birthday to you, too!! he's at a difficult age. . 18!!! wow. .to be 18 again. and to know everything. .
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That is a great mentality! you have to find what works for you and if a little bread or pasta keep you sane then do.

I have a similar mentality, i figure you only live once so enjoy the good times, I just try and keep my enjoyment of carbs to a minimum.

Lots of calorie counters say to have like 165 carbs a day.
I try and keep it under 100 when I am indulging... I wonder where they came up with that number anyways....
I don't know for sure but it sure is interesting to track for a change. I've always done WW . .first it was food groups, then points and then I converted to MEAT!! However, I know (deep down) that I eat way too much meat becuase of the ticket that says you can. . I guess i don't realize what satisfied is or I get to the point where I graze. .

Either way, I am still keeping way below my recommended carbs for the day and am making sure I get most of them from veggies. My protein has been way over but my calorie budget has been on. (at least for the past two days) and I've had losses both days. . so for now.. that's what I'm going to do. I still want to pop in now and again because you guys are so motivational. . I really love it whether I'm doing well or doing very bad things, I can always count on a smile or laugh here. .

OK. .I would tell you sight I'm on but I dont' want my account flagged. it is nice, however, because there is an ap for Iphone and you can track everything you eat and it even scan in bar codes. . best of all . FREEE. . . I spent half the morning looking at before and after pictures dreaming of skinniness!!! Ha.. ha. .
Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O on a side note. .one thing I did last night (which was kinda fun) was pack my lunch and breakfast. I always eat later in the day. .and planned my meal and plopped in some snacks and other stuff and found that I still have some spare calories. I plan to get off my duff here shortly and go for a walk. . where I can plug in and see how many calories I burned. .

Just a new way to look at it.. I need structure, I guess. . I'm most successful when I am doing 100%. .
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are doing GREAT. . Keep it up!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Great job on the losses everyone! Wish I could say I was with you but after getting frustrated with the scale yesterday I allowed myself to binge and I'm up almost 3lbs today.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Phase - how did you do during your 15 days? Even including the higher fat days, you must have seen some good losses.

I know while doing Stillmans - low-fat is crucial for me. I can't do the higher fat stuff like the red meat, lean burger, etc. But there is only so much tuna, chicken, and turkey burger one can take
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

SillyErin, I lost 9.6lbs in the 14 days before my binge. After the first week where I was still eating bacon and steak I ate a lot of chicken and tuna.. I don't like eggs to start with so it didn't take long before I could hardly eat them so I switched to egg drop soup which was a lovely change. I don't like cottage cheese either so not a ton of options. That's usually a positive thing for me though. Instead of stopping stillmans I think I may give myself an atkins day twice a week. Stillmans gives the best results I've seen yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
I know while doing Stillmans - low-fat is crucial for me. I can't do the higher fat stuff like the red meat, lean burger, etc. But there is only so much tuna, chicken, and turkey burger one can take
So you aren't new to stillmans? How was you past experience with it?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Great job on the losses everyone! Wish I could say I was with you but after getting frustrated with the scale yesterday I allowed myself to binge and I'm up almost 3lbs today.
I hate when a gain puts me in that direction. A day or two of clean will put you back on track.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bratty Losing those 4lbs must have felt great! I may ignore the scale for a few days to be sure I see an encouraging drop next time I step on. I wish I could talk my husband into joining me but he has me popping frozen pizzas in the oven for him. He thinks that's easier than asking me to actually cook a high carb meal for him but any kind of pizza is hard to resist.
Closed Thread