Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
This is the reason I stopped weighing daily. It used to get me down and then I would give up. I know you are not going to do that. I think its natural to fluctuate a little from day to day...its probs just water weight and all that matters at the end of the day is that the trend is downwards as I am sure it will be. That said, I do not know what is in the fajita meet... spices may have had hidden sugars? Don't worry, that .4/8 will be gone and take a few brothers with it before you know it.
Thanks makemeslim for the encouraging words, i am not going to sweat the small gain! I'm going to try to weigh myself every other day. It's John Soules beef fajita meat, it says it has 0 sugars so I hope that's not it.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I'd stick with the salmon, turkey, eggs, chicken, and jello but I'd cut out the shakes. Avoid "frankenfoods" if you can. A 30 minute walk is certainly good for your heart but probably expends less than 140 calories unless you're able to maintain a 4mph pace.

Good Luck,
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Happy Mother's Day !!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoJenGo
Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful ladies! I hope you are all spoiled rotten!

Mamas make the world go 'round...
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

A couple of days of Atkins helped :)

This morning I was down a pound !!!! I had eaten soooo much yesterday too and the stall went poof .... I ate scrambled eggs fried in low sodium bacon for breakfast , BBQ spare ribs for lunch I found the recipe for lowcarb BBQ sauce online it is yummy dinner two bacon cheddar cheese burgers and two hot dogs low sodium .... reduced sugar kethchup , diet chocolate fudge soda ,a cheese stick as a snack and a packet of no salt roasted almonds and yessss drank loads of water ..... This worked out for me especially that it is that (TOM) approaching and I crave summer BBQ.s .... I take my supplements and drink green tea .... This is funny that my diet is the A.S.S. diet !!!! Atkins, Scarsdale and Stillman's .... Who would of thought .... I did !!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU AWESOME MOMMIES!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
This morning I was down a pound !!!! I had eaten soooo much yesterday too and the stall went poof .... I ate scrambled eggs fried in low sodium bacon for breakfast , BBQ spare ribs for lunch I found the recipe for lowcarb BBQ sauce online it is yummy dinner two bacon cheddar cheese burgers and two hot dogs low sodium .... reduced sugar kethchup , diet chocolate fudge soda ,a cheese stick as a snack and a packet of no salt roasted almonds and yessss drank loads of water ..... This worked out for me especially that it is that (TOM) approaching and I crave summer BBQ.s .... I take my supplements and drink green tea .... This is funny that my diet is the A.S.S. diet !!!! Atkins, Scarsdale and Stillman's .... Who would of thought .... I did !!!!
Oh my goodness, all that yumminess and you still lost?! You are awesome! Don't give me any ideas! Hahaha that's great though! What's diet chocolate fudge soda? Like what brand is it? I may have to get some of that. o_o
Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post

WOO-HOO on being down a pound!!
on your diet acronym!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MUMS!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Ditto that Yam

Happy Moms Day to all the Stillys
Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
Start Date: May 1 2014
I just wanted to pop in and say Happy Mothers Day to you ladies here.
I shall be back tomorrow!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hey all Happy Mums Day...........

whew, GT you woud be proud of me, I did about five hours of yard work, brought in a load of hay, like P90X with a side of Callanetics

happy for the losers and those on plan, looks like a good weekend was had by all.........

I'm pretty beat so have a great nite and peace.......
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning everyone! How's everyone doing? I'm so ready to rock this week out and the rest of May, woke up with the greatest determination today.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bellesmom
Stats: 170/170/appropriate for 4'11"
WOE: Stillman's first
Start Date: Lurking since 2008
Hello...from another loser!

Well...I am taking the plunge and I am introducing myself. I have followed this post for YEARS and I think it is time to hold myself accountable. I started Stillman's officially Saturday but I was not failthful (one meal).

I stayed on track Sunday (but AGAIN cheated with SF Vlasic gherkins). This morning, I have had 2 eggs fried in butter and water.

This is an almost an hourly journey for me but I have seen positive results in the past- from you guys and myself. I occasionally cut back sugar but it is not enough to reach a ketogenic effect. My brother has challenged me to participate in a half (or whole-depending on my attitude!) marathon next year. I have been reading Slatman's posts about training and low-carb. Very informative!

I will add I have gone down 2 lbs. -170.5 to 168.5

I wish you guys luck and I will continue to read your encouraging words> Keep it up!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am starting my work weight loss challenge today and I weighed in after eating everything in sight all weekend.

I was at 169.2 this morning! That is almost as high as my highest of 175!!!

I am so unhappy with myself right now, I don't even want to change my stats but I have to face it, since xmas I have gained almost all my weight back, when did I stop trying or caring?

I am so disappointed in myself, I was so proud I had lost the weight on kept it off for 8 months and then cold Winnipeg winter came and what? I hibernated? It wasn't even that cold this year

anyways....
Today I have:
B: 3 HB eggs
L: 2 chicken breasts with hot sauce
D: Tuna cakes or tuna salad

as usual I may not eat all my food or I may eat more I just want to make sure I am fed and with good food.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

mommy552:

I like those days I feel armored with determination so stay on track!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
Start Date: May 1 2014
Oh I was SO bad the last couple of days. I was so determined to have just one day off and it just snowballed out of control. My will power really blows.
I was at 220 this morning. I know most is bloat and will hopefully be gone again in a couple of days. I hate the roller coast ride I have been on for the last few years. I have literally been bouncing the same 20 pounds for 4 years!

Back on track today.... Hopefully this is the time I make the choice to do right by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellesmom View Post
Well...I am taking the plunge and I am introducing myself.
I am glad you decided to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am starting my work weight loss challenge today and I weighed in after eating everything in sight all weekend.

I am so unhappy with myself right now,
I know how you feel. I feel like I am starting over again this morning.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Bellesmom!!!

Mars922: Stick to Stills for a few days and the weight will start to drop quickly. Having a higher starting weight at the beginning of the challenge is a good thing! It's all down hill from there!!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Bratty: sometimes a couple of bad days set us up for bigger and better determination. That's what happened to me after my 2 days of over-eating the weekend of the 5th and 6th! I was so determined to get back on track that I had the best Monday and Tuesday ever and it paid off with a loss. I lost what I had gained over the weekend, plus hit a new low by dropping more.

My determination held out all week. The only blunder was movie popcorn on Saturday. Darn! I know it makes me retain fluid and I do it anyway.

But, I got right back on the wagon yesterday. I had steak and lean protein all day and I feel that fresh determination all over again. We CAN do this!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Canfields Chocolate Fudge Diet Soda ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Oh my goodness, all that yumminess and you still lost?! You are awesome! Don't give me any ideas! Hahaha that's great though! What's diet chocolate fudge soda? Like what brand is it? I may have to get some of that. o_o
If you can't find it in the soda and snack section.... sometimes it is in the produce section of the supermarket where I live it is really yummy
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

I feel sick :/

Yesterday was a super no-no day .... I mean baaaad .... I went out to a winery and drank a bottle of wine a super sweet one too with cheese and crackers and then I went out to a China Buffet and like indulged all the way down to the desserts sprinkled with real sugar Oh, my why is everything bad for me soooo yummy !!!! Well, today I feel sick like my stomache and head hurts .... I had coffee and an omlet with chicken breast, cheddar cheese topped with salsa .... a cheese stick .... I weighed myself and I went up 2 lbs .... I thought it would be much more not too bad and still I am convinced sugar is the devil .... Proof being the previous day I splurged low carb and lost a pound .... I do not care what these skinny freaks say about it not being the sugar we eat .... they are not humans, I think they must be aliens....
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Birthday this week ....

My Birthday is Wednesday however ; We are making a trip to New York tomorrow and I must have pizza .... so I am having a naughty week .... I think maybe I will not have coco cola my favorite choice of drink I said maybe lol but a slice of pizza from New York is worth getting sick the next day lol if I get sick the day after it will be my birthday so I feel sick about getting older anyway .... I wish I could embrace getting older but nah I will leave that to other people to do when it is their birthday now as far as I am concerned nothing looks so great about getting older .... I creak like an old floor board especially my knees and my back is always hurting .... To all those wonderful people my mother included rest in peace .... that age is just a number tell that to my back and knees ....
Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Feel Better ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

I am so unhappy with myself right now, I don't even want to change my stats but I have to face it, since xmas I have gained almost all my weight back, when did I stop trying or caring?

I am so disappointed in myself, I was so proud I had lost the weight on kept it off for 8 months and then cold Winnipeg winter came and what? I hibernated? It wasn't even that cold this year

anyways....
Today I have:
B: 3 HB eggs
L: 2 chicken breasts with hot sauce
D: Tuna cakes or tuna salad

as usual I may not eat all my food or I may eat more I just want to make sure I am fed and with good food.
Keeping weight off for 8 months is an accomplishment !!!! At least you know you did it and will do it again .... I am off plan this week but next week actually the end of this week I am going back on full force .... Just weigh yourself make sure you do not go too far in weight gain .... Drink loads of water even when you are off plan and realize how well you were losing before you abandoned the plan .... So get ready to lose I am not going back to where I was when I started April 12 th even if I cheat a lil no more excuses also remember I feel sick from carbing out next comes the cravings I am going to drink water and do an Atkins day tonight .... Good luck !!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
so far today I am starving but I cut up a chicken breast and its sitting on my desk and every time I get hungry I just shove a piece in my mouth so far its working but man I feel like I could eat a farm full of animals haha
Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Consumed 17 carbs today, I usually try to have less than 5 carbs a day but I'm not gonna beat myself up about it just gonna do better tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hey guys, I just wanted to share some awesome low carb recipes I found! They're great for family meals too.

Low Carb Recipes | Skinnytaste

I've been getting a lot more creative lately with my meals and it makes things easier and more motivating instead of eating the same monotonous things everyday. Of course, many of the recipes use fruits and veggies and some of them you may have to tweak a little bit because they include other things that are no-nos for Stillmans. But it's a nice reference point! I'm making the Mexican Style Carnitas tonight!! It's cooking in the crock pot and it smells soo good already!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Wakey, Wakey...Eggs and Bakey!!!

I fell off the wagon with one meal yesterday so I am literally taking it one bite at a time...I won't go into the deets but it was not pretty.

I did not weigh myself this a.m. (like some of you, I tend to be a slave to the scale-and it can be a great reinforcer).

So....

How's is everybody doin?? I like to read the results like lbs lost, length of time, examples of meals or snacks (I like my snacks...this is why I know I have not switched my fuel burning-e.g., ketosis, 'cause I would have to remind myself to eat). I have got to get through this beginning mental thing...Blah!

Thanks for welcoming me, guys!
Go, meat!!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #238
Junior LCF Member

Littlelavender, thanks for the link to the recipes. I am loving the egg salad and avocado idea.

Phase, I haven't hit the grocery store so I will add this to my SF jello list!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Welcome, Bellesmom. Don't let a one meal or one day binge put you into a spiral. I've previously lost 60 lbs with Stillman and more recently have lost 21. Both times I had my slips but always got back on the wagon the next day. Sure, I felt crummy and disappointed with myself, but I didn't lose sight of my goal. If you work the program, occasional slips will NOT hurt you.

Good Luck,
Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just a quick shout out. Wishing you lots of losses and hoping for time to catch up. Miss you !
Closed Thread