Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Down 2 lbs again today!!!! 213.4 Woohooooooo! I keep thinking my scale has to be broken so I keep making my mom get on it (she's not on a diet) to make sure she still weighs the same, lol mean I know. I was so nervous because I had a 3 hour drive yesterday with my family, we stopped at McDonald's & instead of getting a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun I got the club grilled chicken sandwich with Bacon. I scarfed that thing down. I'm just so thankful it didn't affect my weight loss, I learned my lesson! Most of the time I'm not hungry either so I've been eating around 1,000 calories & walking half an hour on the treadmill. I try to shoot for 1,200 calories but its hard when you not hungry at all & everything tastes so bland.

Congrats on all the losses!!! We are going to rock this month!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Wow makemeslim! 15lbs to goal is amazing!! Congrats for putting in all the hard work and making it so far! lol I'm not down another 5 yet but the week's not over yet.

Yay Mommy522!! Melt away! and congrats to all the losers!! There's so much inspiration to be found on these threads! You guys rock!

Down 1.4 this morning! Woowho! I'm thrilled with this because it's been point.something losses since the 3rd day. I won't lie.. I did something resembling a happy dance when I saw that number this morning.

Last edited by Phase; 05-11-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Anyone else anxious about Mothers Day? We're taking my MIL out to eat and it's not that I don't think I'll be able to find something suitable(well I DO worry about hidden carbs) I'm worried that I'll cave and get some of my old favs. I dreamed about pizza and icecream last night. Actually I'll be eating out twice because my mom works most of the day so we're taking the MIL to lunch and my mom to dinner. I'm a tad stressed.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Hey guys! I've got a question. If you're not hungry do you still eat anyway to make sure you're getting enough protein? Once this week I ate a single egg all day because my appetite had vanished. Today I've had one egg, a few servings of egg drop soup and a chicken breast, I don't see myself eating anything else for the day. So proteins around 54 grams. I don't exercise much so it may not be an issue.. I just want to be sure the weight I drop isn't muscle.
Right now I'm trying to eat 100 grams of lean protein and fat free dairy every other day. On the in between days, I try to eat as little as possible. On Monday all I had was coffee with half and half and then iced water with fresh lemon juice squeezed in it all day.

I'm mixing up my WOE plans. Trying to focus on Stillman/Dukan combo with JUDD. Last weekend I went totally off the rails though. My sister was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance Friday night. She had some kind of severe seizure. It's actually still going on. The neurologist diagnosed her with Chorea and after doing research, it ain't pretty. He is doing tests to try and find out what is causing the chorea.

Anyway, after that there was a long lunch out with BFF. Then a birthday dinner and party for 13 year old DGD. 3 nights of not sleeping, worrying about my sister and eating Lay's potato chips with beer! That was BAD!!! But I got right back on plan Monday and it paid off with a loss 2 days in a row.

I only eat when I'm hungry except for the morning of a JUDD up day. I'm never hungry those days but I know it's important to eat on up days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Boo Hoo. . gals. . I have not defected. . I think about ya'all every day . . every single day and I'm thankful that I can come back and read over your successes!! I don't know what's wrong with me this week. but I SUCK! Seriously. .I'm embarrassed to admit. . (and I won't right now).. .cuz it really doesn't make sense, even to me. . but something (STRESS???? ). . has caused me to do really bad stuff!! I have such an up/down personality which includes many hours of self loathing followed by a new beginning. . Thank goodness for those new beginnings!! I hate that I hate myself. .it just plain ole' sucks!! SO.. My vow. . tomorrow is a new day. .Start fresh, go forth and do great things!!
You do not suck! You have just slipped a little on your way up the mountain. Everyone slips or trips when climbing a mountain. The mountain top is still there waiting when we can start climbing again. Put your hiking boots on, Girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have not been good lately... well I have and then every evening I have something that is not leagal. I have not gained though (going by clothes). I finally weighed myself (my stat weight was a guesstimate, need to change it) and I have got 15 left to get to goal which means I have lost 50lb in total! its hard to believe it but it is actually, finally happening for me. Thank you to all of you guys and this forum and of course God Bless Dr Stillman... OMG, that was totally turning into a "I would like to thank my mother, my brother, his lover" speach... I love you guys, lol.
50 pounds gone!!! Woooooo-Hooooooo!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
Down 2 lbs again today!!!! 213.4 Woohooooooo! I keep thinking my scale has to be broken so I keep making my mom get on it (she's not on a diet) to make sure she still weighs the same, lol mean I know. I was so nervous because I had a 3 hour drive yesterday with my family, we stopped at McDonald's & instead of getting a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun I got the club grilled chicken sandwich with Bacon. I scarfed that thing down. I'm just so thankful it didn't affect my weight loss, I learned my lesson! Most of the time I'm not hungry either so I've been eating around 1,000 calories & walking half an hour on the treadmill. I try to shoot for 1,200 calories but its hard when you not hungry at all & everything tastes so bland.

Yippee!! 2 more pounds melted!!! WTG!!! That's funny about making your Mum weigh.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
I have not been good lately... well I have and then every evening I have something that is not leagal. I have not gained though (going by clothes). I finally weighed myself (my stat weight was a guesstimate, need to change it) and I have got 15 left to get to goal which means I have lost 50lb in total! its hard to believe it but it is actually, finally happening for me. Thank you to all of you guys and this forum and of course God Bless Dr Stillman... OMG, that was totally turning into a "I would like to thank my mother, my brother, his lover" speach... I love you guys, lol.
That's so inspiring, congratulations!! You should be extremely proud of yourself! Even if you have cheated a little, that's okay. If you can cheat every night and still be so close to your goal, then don't let it discourage you! You can do it!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm mixing up my WOE plans. Trying to focus on Stillman/Dukan combo with JUDD. Last weekend I went totally off the rails though. My sister was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance Friday night. She had some kind of severe seizure. It's actually still going on. The neurologist diagnosed her with Chorea and after doing research, it ain't pretty. He is doing tests to try and find out what is causing the chorea.

Anyway, after that there was a long lunch out with BFF. Then a birthday dinner and party for 13 year old DGD. 3 nights of not sleeping, worrying about my sister and eating Lay's potato chips with beer! That was BAD!!! But I got right back on plan Monday and it paid off with a loss 2 days in a row.

I only eat when I'm hungry except for the morning of a JUDD up day. I'm never hungry those days but I know it's important to eat on up days.
Oh goodness, I hope your sister is okay! Hey, in those situations, don't worry so much about a little cheating. That's a really stressful situation and of course worrying about your sister comes before losing for a couple days (IMO at least). You'll get right back on track, like you said you are; that stuff can be put on hold temporarily in such a scary situation. Keep us updated on how she's doing!

Also, I wanted to ask, how are you liking Stillmans/JUDDD? Do you still stay on Stillmans even on your UD, or just on your DD? Or do you eat whatever you want on your UD? I was thinking of switching to something similar once I get to around my goal weight to try to maintain it, since I'm going to be traveling a lot (that's what inspired me to lose the weight! I'm studying in Sweden for a semester and wanted a fresh start!) and I may not be able to stick to Stillmans. It sounds like a good transition between dieting and normal eating without making you gain the weight back.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Makeme --WOW!!!!!!!! 50lbs congrats!!!!........ And.... You made it look so easy!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2---- keep checking in.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn2b
Stats: 256/245/125
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: April 2012/Restart Feb. 2013
Hi, all!! Just catching up on the thread posts is really motivating. I have been struggling with bad Depression/Anxiety lately and I've neglected my lowcarbing greatly. I'm trying to get back on track starting today. Current stats are 256/253/125...gotta get that middle # down big time (pun intended!). Summer is breathing down my neck and I need dramatic results fast...nothing's faster than Stillman's QWL I will still be alternating between that and Atkins...salads w/ bluech. dressing, veg.'s, sliced avacado, egg, chicken, and sunflwr. seeds are to die for, and the Advantage choc. Delight shakes help so much when I crave sweets! I need to work on my water intake too...keep ya "posted".
Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

I don't, more like can't, give up my morn. coffee w/ sugarfree crmr. or half 'n half w/ 3 splenda's...it's the only way I can grow even a fraction of a brain at the start of ea. day. So, I began w/ that today... B - A big protein salad yum!
L - 3 hb eggs
D - is gonna be a can of Tuna w/ mustard & a little mayo
& some cheese.
*As much water/tea as I can...(this diet makes me thirsty!)
I'm aiming for 4 20 oz. bottles.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Oh goodness, I hope your sister is okay! Hey, in those situations, don't worry so much about a little cheating. That's a really stressful situation and of course worrying about your sister comes before losing for a couple days (IMO at least). You'll get right back on track, like you said you are; that stuff can be put on hold temporarily in such a scary situation. Keep us updated on how she's doing!

Also, I wanted to ask, how are you liking Stillmans/JUDDD? Do you still stay on Stillmans even on your UD, or just on your DD? Or do you eat whatever you want on your UD? I was thinking of switching to something similar once I get to around my goal weight to try to maintain it, since I'm going to be traveling a lot (that's what inspired me to lose the weight! I'm studying in Sweden for a semester and wanted a fresh start!) and I may not be able to stick to Stillmans. It sounds like a good transition between dieting and normal eating without making you gain the weight back.
Thanks so much. I agree that every now and then there are situations where we have to prioritize and change our priorities. Family is so important. The important thing for me is to get back on plan as soon as possible.

My sister does not have any answers yet. Her shoulder has been really hurting, so she got that X-rayed today. Hope that is nothing serious.

As far as getting back on plan, JUDD seems easier for me to get back into when I'm off for a while than any thing I've ever tried.

I really do mix it up. At first, I just jumped in and ate carbs in December. I started on the 22nd, so the holidays made my UDs sort of a free-for-all and I had to get those under control. The daily up and down bounces on the scale and that started driving me nuts. Also, I found that eating certain kinds of carbs brought back all my cravings.

Eating carbs made me want to over eat. So, I found I had to pull back on the carbs. I stuck to Stillman/Dukan on UDs and DDs until the cravings went away and the scale settled down.

One of the interesting things on JUDD was I started losing inches really fast and it took a while for those losses to catch up and show on the scale. I've been reading on the Web about how we burn fat when we are dieting for weight loss. Lots of people on the JUDD forum talk about how they start losing inches fast.

Women lose visceral fat first and men lost subcutaneous fat first. Isn't that interesting? It sure has been true for my DH. He has lost 27 pounds since mid February. In the first 2 days after losing a few pounds, he lost 1 inch off his waist! Now all his clothes have been falling off and he went shopping the other day and bought a bunch of new ones in smaller sizes.

I lost 20 pounds before I went down one size! I started in a size 18 and 20 pounds later I was starting to think, "what's up? Why am I not shrinking faster?" So, at 20 down I finally got into a size 16. Then at 27 down I got into a 14. That's when I started JUDDing. Now I'm in a 10!

Supposedly, from all I have read, Intermittent Fasting (IF which JUDD is considered to be a form of) burns stored fat, prevents extra calories taken in from staying in the body to be stored as fat -- they are flushed out through the kidneys along with the burned up stored fat -- and, here's a big deal: it causes the body to retain lean muscle mass. Never has a chance to go into starvation mode and burn any muscle.

What I'm doing right now is having complex carbs and some whole grains like a piece of high fiber bread or a cup of brown basmatti rice or a cup of noodles on UDs. (and skinny margaritas and wine!) I forgot for a while that I should eat 100 grams of lean protein for health and weight loss.

I can't get that in on DDs, but I usually get maybe 43 or 50 grams in. I ate 103 grams of protein on my last UD along with sandwich thins, vegetables and half a potato and the scale was down the next morning.

Right now I'm sticking to Stillman/Dukan on DDs. But, I make sure to change my rotations if there is a birthday or anniversary or holiday so they always fall on UDs and on those occasions I treat myself to whatever I want.

Any time I feel like eating carbs is making my cravings come back, I go back to 100% Stillman. Seems to be working great for me. And I feel so darn good and healthy. My clothes feel great and I'm back working out with my personal trainer 2 days a week and doing cardio and water aerobics the other days.

Enjoy your time in Sweden!!! How exciting! When do you leave?

If you are interested at all in JUDD, you should check out the JUDD forum here on LCF. You can ask all kinds of questions. There are JUDDers who do low carb, very low carb, Atkins, Stillmans, even Weight Watchers!

I've heard some say that JUDD is not really a WOE. It's a way to manage your WOE and make it work better. So, if you love Stillman and you want to keep doing it, you just use ******.com or someplace like that to enter in your food so you can get your DD and UD numbers right. It's good stuff!

If you want to read more about it you can get Dr. Johnson's book, "The Alternate Day Diet".
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2b View Post
I don't, more like can't, give up my morn. coffee w/ sugarfree crmr. or half 'n half w/ 3 splenda's...it's the only way I can grow even a fraction of a brain at the start of ea. day. So, I began w/ that today... B - A big protein salad yum!
L - 3 hb eggs
D - is gonna be a can of Tuna w/ mustard & a little mayo
& some cheese.
*As much water/tea as I can...(this diet makes me thirsty!)
I'm aiming for 4 20 oz. bottles.
Good job on getting that water down! It's soooooo important to drink lots and lots of water. The success of Stillman's woe depends on it for sure!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Boo Hoo. . gals. . I have not defected. . I think about ya'all every day . . every single day and I'm thankful that I can come back and read over your successes!! I don't know what's wrong with me this week. but I SUCK! Seriously. .I'm embarrassed to admit. . (and I won't right now).. .cuz it really doesn't make sense, even to me. . but something (STRESS???? ). . has caused me to do really bad stuff!! I have such an up/down personality which includes many hours of self loathing followed by a new beginning. . Thank goodness for those new beginnings!! I hate that I hate myself. .it just plain ole' sucks!! SO.. My vow. . tomorrow is a new day. .Start fresh, go forth and do great things!!
hang in there girl, we love ya and are in your rooting section.......sorry for the bad family issues......
Quote:
I thought SF jelly was on the list. I went through phases of eating it. Love what it does for the nails!
LOL she means Jello...........you Brits crack us up, like Prince C doing the weather last nite......
Quote:

huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a quick drive bye, my once a year friend dropping by involving a 2L bottle of pinot grigio and food leaves me between tired and not quite comatose......luckily I make the food so wings and a black bean salad which she loved and I get to get rid of..............................chugging iced coffee to gain conciousness...............sp?

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-11-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Yam, for the water encouragement!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:

You rock! Great news! I have to start a ten day hard core plan as of today... I want to hit goal by the 22nd. I have lost a stone in a week before doing Stills... will do it again!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Wow makemeslim! 15lbs to goal is amazing!! Congrats for putting in all the hard work and making it so far! lol I'm not down another 5 yet but the week's not over yet.

Yay Mommy522!! Melt away! and congrats to all the losers!! There's so much inspiration to be found on these threads! You guys rock!

Down 1.4 this morning! Woowho! I'm thrilled with this because it's been point.something losses since the 3rd day. I won't lie.. I did something resembling a happy dance when I saw that number this morning.
Thank you. I've taken my time with it, jumping on and off the wagon all the way but the main thing is I kept coming back. No, the weeks not over yet... the WF is probs just around the corner.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Right now I'm trying to eat 100 grams of lean protein and fat free dairy every other day. On the in between days, I try to eat as little as possible. On Monday all I had was coffee with half and half and then iced water with fresh lemon juice squeezed in it all day.

You do not suck! You have just slipped a little on your way up the mountain. Everyone slips or trips when climbing a mountain. The mountain top is still there waiting when we can start climbing again. Put your hiking boots on, Girl!!

50 pounds gone!!! Woooooo-Hooooooo!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Yippee!! 2 more pounds melted!!! WTG!!! That's funny about making your Mum weigh.
Yam, I am so sorry about your sister! I know you have had a tough time in the past and this just sucks. I hope she willbe Ok.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
That's so inspiring, congratulations!! You should be extremely proud of yourself! Even if you have cheated a little, that's okay. If you can cheat every night and still be so close to your goal, then don't let it discourage you! You can do it!!
Thanks Littlelavender... I really want to hit target by the 22nd so no more little cheats for me.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-12-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Makeme --WOW!!!!!!!! 50lbs congrats!!!!........ And.... You made it look so easy!!!
Ughh! Just lost my post. Thanks. Did I? The truth is if I had stuck to plan more often, I would have been here yonks ago! You have been a great inspiration to me during this journey... you are the Stillman Queen in my opinion. I honestly do not think I would have kept it up if it were not for the inspiration I got from your stats...thank you!

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-12-2012 at 01:31 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatman View Post
If you do count you should be at or over 1200 (depending on a variety of factors of course). Otherwise you are not doing Stillman's, but a bad variation that was popular a few years ago but very unhealthy.
Hi Slatman. I'm new to the board but read your post with interest. There's NO WAY that I could lose with Stillman's while taking in 1200 cal/day. I would estimate my daily intake is 600-700 calories. I see nothing in the QWL plan which specifies a minimum number of calories/day. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hang in there girl, we love ya and are in your rooting section.......sorry for the bad family issues......

LOL she means Jello...........you Brits crack us up, like Prince C doing the weather last nite......

huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a quick drive bye, my once a year friend dropping by involving a 2L bottle of pinot grigio and food leaves me between tired and not quite comatose......luckily I make the food so wings and a black bean salad which she loved and I get to get rid of..............................chugging iced coffee to gain conciousness...............sp?
, no, I mean jelly... jello is weird, plus it rhymes with hello... do you have a Hello Jello brand?! I know, Prince charles is a scream but you can not beat Phillip for a laugh!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Hi Slatman. I'm new to the board but read your post with interest. There's NO WAY that I could lose with Stillman's while taking in 1200 cal/day. I would estimate my daily intake is 600-700 calories. I see nothing in the QWL plan which specifies a minimum number of calories/day. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Hi Abby, hope you don't mind me chiming in...I think he encourages you to eat frequently but I could be wrong, let me know peeps. I have never counted calories and have forced myself to eat when not hungry as I do not want my body to get used to living on a really small amount of calories. Others here do it differently and it works out perfectly for them. I suppose its just a case of whatever works for you. Personally I have found if I eat more, I lose more and have less stalls.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-12-2012 at 02:04 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Women lose visceral fat first and men lost subcutaneous fat first. Isn't that interesting?
Bahh! Men!! It's true with my hubby. He can drop a jean size in a week. Ugh.

I tried to give juddd a go last month after a binge in late march because I couldn't seem to quit the carbs for anything. I gained 10lbs lol Only cuz I couldn't stick to the fast days. Which is silly since it's just one day and I completed two 12 day water fasts last year. So WTH. I do plan on using it when I get into maintenance. Dropping some inches would be very nice!

I hope things get better for your sister. Family is definitely a priority over dropping a few lbs and it's great that she has you for support!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Up .4 today or .8, my scale can't decide. hoping the scale goes back down tomorrow. Usually my meals consists of salmon, eggs, chicken breast & vanilla atkins shakes. But yesterday I had some sf jello, fajita meat, turkey frank & smoked turkey breast slices. Do you guys think maybe that caused the gain? Or maybe because I didnt do my usual 30 minute walk?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Quote:
Up .4 today or .8, my scale can't decide. hoping the scale goes back down tomorrow. Usually my meals consists of salmon, eggs, chicken breast & vanilla atkins shakes. But yesterday I had some sf jello, fajita meat, turkey frank & smoked turkey breast slices. Do you guys think maybe that caused the gain? Or maybe because I didnt do my usual 30 minute walk?
I'd stick with the salmon, turkey, eggs, chicken, and jello but I'd cut out the shakes. Avoid "frankenfoods" if you can. A 30 minute walk is certainly good for your heart but probably expends less than 140 calories unless you're able to maintain a 4mph pace.

Good Luck,
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is the reason I stopped weighing daily. It used to get me down and then I would give up. I know you are not going to do that. I think its natural to fluctuate a little from day to day...its probs just water weight and all that matters at the end of the day is that the trend is downwards as I am sure it will be. That said, I do not know what is in the fajita meet... spices may have had hidden sugars? Don't worry, that .4/8 will be gone and take a few brothers with it before you know it.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks so much. I agree that every now and then there are situations where we have to prioritize and change our priorities. Family is so important. The important thing for me is to get back on plan as soon as possible.

My sister does not have any answers yet. Her shoulder has been really hurting, so she got that X-rayed today. Hope that is nothing serious.

As far as getting back on plan, JUDD seems easier for me to get back into when I'm off for a while than any thing I've ever tried.

I really do mix it up. At first, I just jumped in and ate carbs in December. I started on the 22nd, so the holidays made my UDs sort of a free-for-all and I had to get those under control. The daily up and down bounces on the scale and that started driving me nuts. Also, I found that eating certain kinds of carbs brought back all my cravings.

Eating carbs made me want to over eat. So, I found I had to pull back on the carbs. I stuck to Stillman/Dukan on UDs and DDs until the cravings went away and the scale settled down.

One of the interesting things on JUDD was I started losing inches really fast and it took a while for those losses to catch up and show on the scale. I've been reading on the Web about how we burn fat when we are dieting for weight loss. Lots of people on the JUDD forum talk about how they start losing inches fast.

Women lose visceral fat first and men lost subcutaneous fat first. Isn't that interesting? It sure has been true for my DH. He has lost 27 pounds since mid February. In the first 2 days after losing a few pounds, he lost 1 inch off his waist! Now all his clothes have been falling off and he went shopping the other day and bought a bunch of new ones in smaller sizes.

I lost 20 pounds before I went down one size! I started in a size 18 and 20 pounds later I was starting to think, "what's up? Why am I not shrinking faster?" So, at 20 down I finally got into a size 16. Then at 27 down I got into a 14. That's when I started JUDDing. Now I'm in a 10!

Supposedly, from all I have read, Intermittent Fasting (IF which JUDD is considered to be a form of) burns stored fat, prevents extra calories taken in from staying in the body to be stored as fat -- they are flushed out through the kidneys along with the burned up stored fat -- and, here's a big deal: it causes the body to retain lean muscle mass. Never has a chance to go into starvation mode and burn any muscle.

What I'm doing right now is having complex carbs and some whole grains like a piece of high fiber bread or a cup of brown basmatti rice or a cup of noodles on UDs. (and skinny margaritas and wine!) I forgot for a while that I should eat 100 grams of lean protein for health and weight loss.

I can't get that in on DDs, but I usually get maybe 43 or 50 grams in. I ate 103 grams of protein on my last UD along with sandwich thins, vegetables and half a potato and the scale was down the next morning.

Right now I'm sticking to Stillman/Dukan on DDs. But, I make sure to change my rotations if there is a birthday or anniversary or holiday so they always fall on UDs and on those occasions I treat myself to whatever I want.

Any time I feel like eating carbs is making my cravings come back, I go back to 100% Stillman. Seems to be working great for me. And I feel so darn good and healthy. My clothes feel great and I'm back working out with my personal trainer 2 days a week and doing cardio and water aerobics the other days.

Enjoy your time in Sweden!!! How exciting! When do you leave?

If you are interested at all in JUDD, you should check out the JUDD forum here on LCF. You can ask all kinds of questions. There are JUDDers who do low carb, very low carb, Atkins, Stillmans, even Weight Watchers!

I've heard some say that JUDD is not really a WOE. It's a way to manage your WOE and make it work better. So, if you love Stillman and you want to keep doing it, you just use ******.com or someplace like that to enter in your food so you can get your DD and UD numbers right. It's good stuff!

If you want to read more about it you can get Dr. Johnson's book, "The Alternate Day Diet".
Hey Yam-Yam, thanks for all the information! That's really helpful and interesting. I've lurked their forum a little bit but I'll check it out some more. I like hearing peoples own personal stories so you know REAL people get REAL results! So far, after 2 weeks of Stillmans, I've seen some decent weight loss but you can't really see it too much in terms of inches so I'm gonna switch to the Inches Off diet next week for a little bit and see how that goes. If that doesn't really work out, maybe I'll start JUDD earlier and keep with Stillmans, like what you're doing. Still just trying to figure out what works for me! I'm kinda at a stall on Stillmans atm.

In terms of my trip, before I go out there I'm actually taking a trip to a few different states to visit some friends and family that I haven't seen since we're spread out. Plus my dad and sister just moved to Maryland and it's been tough having them so far away (they were in Southern Cali and I'm in Northern Cali for school) so I'm gonna stay with them for a couple weeks before I leave. I leave for my big trip on July 23rd so I hope to get to around my goal weight by then!! I leave for Sweden August 28th or 29th, so that's why I'm trying to figure out what to do during that month or so since I'll be staying with friends and I don't want to be super picky about what I can eat and can't eat! Once I'm on my own in Sweden, it'll be a little easier to do what I want to do in terms of dieting and keeping off the weight. Although I don't want to miss out on any yummy culture foods either, especially since I'm going to be traveling all over Europe too if I can! /sigh
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Yam - Yam I hope that your sister gets well soon ! Welcome all newbies and hello to all the previous LCF members that joined back in .... Welcome back !!!! Congratulations to all the losers WTG !!!! And to all the non losers and stalled friends I am in the same boat so lets grab onto a life saver and hang on during this storm ....
Old 05-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Coming out of the woodwork ....

I am sorry I have not been around it seems like forever I really missed you all just that no matter how much I say to myself that I will not let what the scale numbers say dictate my life, it does .... If the scale goes down I am up and if the scale goes up I am down .... I have to give an award to all that survive being around me during the down in the dumps day .... So for now I am riding out the storm .... At the moment I am stalled.... I am in neutral .... I did change my WOE recently I am now incorporating Atkins and eating higher fat such baby back ribs with low carb BBQ sauce and low sodium bacon without any spikes however; I had in the few weeks of doing Stillman's lost my appetite severely and that for me was a big no - no because I was losing great a pound a day until I starting skipping breakfast and eating just dinner then I stalled so I am doing Atkins for a bit then going back to Stillman's and I might do a little of the Scarsdale diet too when it is time .... It works best the closer you are to your goal weight .... My birthday is coming up so I would definately do an Atkin's day I really missed bacon .... mmmmm
Old 05-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ughh! Just lost my post. Thanks. Did I? The truth is if I had stuck to plan more often, I would have been here yonks ago! You have been a great inspiration to me during this journey... you are the Stillman Queen in my opinion. I honestly do not think I would have kept it up if it were not for the inspiration I got from your stats...thank you!
Aw thanks!! i love having you here too!!
Closed Thread