Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I would like to join you gals! Reading through some past threads you all seem like a really supportive group and who couldn't use some understanding and support when trying to drop some poundage? I lost 25lbs with Atkins over 4 months, with many restarts and mess-ups. I gained nearly 10 of it back just this past month and I have a vacation coming up in just 23 days so I need to get serious now! Maybe you guys can help me be accountable. CCGirl I've poured coconut milk over berries instead of cream with some sf syrup and it's pretty yummy in smoothies too. I hear people use it to make low carb curries too.
Hello there...oh those skates bring me back... I used to be a roller disco queen. Stillman's will sure help you drop the weight and you will find loads of support here. I have been a bit slack logging in lately but I am back! My birthday is coming up and I want to be at goal by then. My stats are not true as I have not been weighing but by the way I am fitting into clothes I guess I am much lihghter than they read. I bought some really nice goal jeans last week (mail order), said to myself "oh I will never get into them", tried them on and they fit perfect...will have to return them for a UK 8. What's a UK 8 in US sizes ladies? Anyway, I have eaten everything under the sun for the last few days, Its time to get serious!

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-07-2012 at 01:03 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Have not read all the posts but hi to everyone and welcome to all newbies. Sillman's is the way!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

My new thing at the moment is Pumkin leaves, very low in carbs 0.2 per 100g and have 0.5 of fibre me thinks. They were recommended as I have fibroid troubles and the person who told me about them had similar issues... she went to Nigeria and when she got back her fibroids had shrunk/shrank?( She had a huge one and had to have surgery but it grew back). She is convinced it was the leaves that caused this to happen (there is evidence of this and other foods doing such). Anyway, she gets them from a place here where they import them. She also believes that the cause is a lot to do with what we eat in this country (England) and how our food is grown. They come in frozen blocks and she very kindly bought me some. I tried them in a stir fry yesterday and they were delish!

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-07-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: runnah262
Hey everyone I'm backkkkkkk sort of disappeared and just ran a marathon
Yesterday yes 26.2 miles of running but I have decided to give this
1 more shot I would love to "get lean" and look like a runner!

Here we go
Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Down .4 today. Thrilled about that but I am so tired and blah feeling. It is my TOM, boo. I wish I would have had my ovaries removed when they took everything else. I have been really bloated in the belly the last couple of days so I took some milk of mag this morning. I already feel awful, figured I would step it up a notch.

ok I had my complaint post and I will complain no more. hehehe

I am still over the moon about being in a smaller pair of pants and that I am 213 this morning and not the 226 I was about a month ago. I hope everyone is doing well today. I plan to lay around and be a lazy bum today.
I my me days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post

Here we go
Welcome back. WTG on running a marathon. That is impressive. My neighbor runs one every year and the poor guy can barely walk when he gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
My stats are not true as I have not been weighing but by the way I am fitting into clothes I guess I am much lihghter than they read. I bought some really nice goal jeans last week (mail order), said to myself "oh I will never get into them", tried them on and they fit perfect...will have to return them for a UK 8.
Sweet! To have your goal so close must feel awesome. I believe a UK8 is a US6.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #126
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I need a kick in the old pants and get off the carb wagon.

Stillman's has helped me in the past. Let's see if I can do the QWL for the next few days!

Thank you for reading.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
Start Date: June 20, 2012
I want to join you girls as well! Any tips on what you guys eat if your craving something sweet?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
How exciting Makemeslim!! Jeans are a great motivator! I have over ten pairs in a drawer that I'm hoping to fit into eventually. They vary in size so I shouldn't run out of clothes that fit at any point at least! Congrats on getting to such a cute size!!

..the skates I wish I owned a pair like that! I bought some inlines in January thinking I'd get some exercise with them but Alabama is so not user friendly, we have nowhere to skate. The 4 parks near me don't allow any wheels and my friends and I got booted out of an empty church parking lot where we were trying to practice stopping. I'd practice in the streets but the road conditions are horrendous.

Down 5lbs since the 1st. I haven't managed to be strict Stillmans yet but that's what I'm aiming for. It would be lovely if I could lose another 5 each of the next two weeks.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoJenGo
Wow, what a quickly growing group! That's great!

Good Monday morning, everyone. Just got off of work and am headed for bed. Hoping to FINALLY feel good enough to run today, but I'm doing it regardless. Some decent sleep will have to happen first, of course. Carb flu can kiss my hopefully-shrinking-by-the-day BUTT!

I wanted to respond to a couple of things but will have to read back a little later, because I know I'm forgetting half of it. Congrats on the losses, Bratty and Phase! Thanks for the welcome, makemeslim! Mommy522, read back a little and you'll be able to see what a couple of us make for a "sweet treat" with coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and nut butter. (I think it's the page before this one) Keep in mind, there are some carbs in there, though - just in case you were shooting for zero.

Good luck to everyone on starting the week out right!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post
Carbs are so hard to kick. I wish they weren't so dang yummy. Good luck getting started on QWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy522 View Post
I want to join you girls as well! Any tips on what you guys eat if your craving something sweet?
I usually eat sugar free jello but have actually been avoiding it lately because the aspartame seems to slow/stall my weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
Hoping to FINALLY feel good enough to run today, but I'm doing it regardless.
I hope you have a great run!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Mommy522, read back a little and you'll be able to see what a couple of us make for a "sweet treat" with coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and nut butter. (I think it's the page before this one) Keep in mind, there are some carbs in there, though - just in case you were shooting for zero.

Good luck to everyone on starting the week out right!
Thanks Jen & BrattyS I am going to read read up & Jello sounds so yummy right now! I am trying to do zero carbs but have eaten 7 carbs today, darn turkey franks are so yummy, hoping for zero carbs tomorrow! Starting weight today was 219.6, I hope im down tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just doing a drive by wave, Peeps. I had a stressful and hectic weekend and still recovering. Congrats to those with great losses! And to those with pants and skirts on the ground! As the body shrinks, the pants grow longer.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone hiding?

I am down another .4 today. I need to eat something besides hard boiled eggs for breakfast for a few day. I want to gag just thinking about having to eat another one.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #134
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I'm having a quiet morning and enjoying ever second of it! I've taken the day off and while I'll do some work from home, I' going to spend the day puttering. Today is my first back on plan day. I'm excited that my schedule has settled down for the moment. I don't feel good from being off plan for a week but I'm looking forward to feeling good again!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

I am down another .4 today. I need to eat something besides hard boiled eggs for breakfast for a few day. I want to gag just thinking about having to eat another one.
Awesome Bratty! I'm down .4 as well on my first day on Stills & I'm with you on the eggs for breakfast thing, I've been eating them scrambled but I think I'll do sunny side up tomorrow. I just discovered Atkins shakes & I love them, it feels like im having a treat, lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Yes I have but not on Stills. Used it in rice, and also when doing Thai prawn stit fry... in fact I may have used it a couple of times while doing Stills - in the prawn dish.
mmmmmmmmm sounds delish.......
{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}}
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnah262 View Post

Here we go
{{{{{{{RUNN}}}}}}}
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJB View Post

Stillman's has helped me in the past. Let's see if I can do the QWL for the next few days!

Thank you for reading.
LJ
Quote:
MOMM greek yogurt with lemon exxtract or lime juice and Splenda..........mmmmm key lime pie yogurt.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Just doing a drive by wave, Peeps. I had a stressful and hectic weekend and still recovering. Congrats to those with great losses! And to those with pants and skirts on the ground! As the body shrinks, the pants grow longer.
Ysm, throw that stress outta here
Quote:

sorry Brat, been wicked busy at work (YAY) nice loss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I'm having a quiet morning and enjoying ever second of it! I've taken the day off and while I'll do some work from home, I' going to spend the day puttering. Today is my first back on plan day. I'm excited that my schedule has settled down for the moment. I don't feel good from being off plan for a week but I'm looking forward to feeling good again!
MIM happy for you and you baggy pants! I really smiled when I saw that....
Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoJenGo
Quote:
Thanks Jen & BrattyS I am going to read read up & Jello sounds so yummy right now! I am trying to do zero carbs but have eaten 7 carbs today, darn turkey franks are so yummy, hoping for zero carbs tomorrow! Starting weight today was 219.6, I hope im down tomorrow.
Mommy, not only was I thinking of another thread, but I feel bad because I probably steered you wrong by mentioning the treat I mentioned. I don't think it's Stillman's legal. I've used it as a last resort when on Atkins induction in the past. The nuts are a big no-no, and the fat of the coconut oil is pretty high, too. I'm a huge fan of it, but I'm sure it isn't Stillman's friendly.

I'm hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I wanted to warn you before causing you to stall or even gain! Sorry about that!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

one of our biggest losers, GwynStefani, lost huge with SF Jello............just sayin'............
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Mommy, not only was I thinking of another thread, but I feel bad because I probably steered you wrong by mentioning the treat I mentioned. I don't think it's Stillman's legal. I've used it as a last resort when on Atkins induction in the past. The nuts are a big no-no, and the fat of the coconut oil is pretty high, too. I'm a huge fan of it, but I'm sure it isn't Stillman's friendly.

I'm hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I wanted to warn you before causing you to stall or even gain! Sorry about that!
Thanks for the clarification Jen! I hadn't tried it yet. Atkins shakes are my new found love, Vanilla & Strawberry.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Happy hump day everyone! I'm down 1.8 lbs this morning, so I am at 217.4 today. I can't wait to be out of the 200's!!! I think the half an hour walk yesterday really helped.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Down another .4 That makes 3 days in a row. A loss always makes it so much easier to stay on track. I think my eating is on auto pilot. I just eat breakfast lunch and dinner with no other thoughts of eating. I am never hungry.
I even kicked the night time snack eating and I did not think I could ever do that. Stillmans is a wonderful thing.

Quote:
Happy hump day everyone! I'm down 1.8 lbs this morning, so I am at 217.4 today. I can't wait to be out of the 200's!!! I think the half an hour walk yesterday really helped.
That is an amazing number. I know how you feel about being out of the 200s. I have been wishing for that goal for about 4 years now. I always come SO close (201 once!), then sabotage myself. I am hoping this time is different. Maybe you and I will hit that goal together if we keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Happy Hump Day!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Yes Bratty let's do it together!!! That's how I feel too I have no more cravings I'm just eating to live instead of living to eat. Thank God because Monday I would have done abything for Dairy Queens Cake Confetti blizzard, (tastes like a cake exploded in your mouth)I was even dreaming about it lol. Now as I see the weight coming off I don't crave it, not in the slightest! You're right the losses help stay focused & motivated! I have my daughter 1 year birthday party coming on June 2nd and this is a long shot but I hope to be out of the 200's by then even if its 199 I'll be happy! Let's do this Bratty.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Guys!! I broke 160 this morning! I weighed 159 when I woke up! Just wanted to share my excitement.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dairy Queens Cake Confetti blizzard, (tastes like a cake exploded in your mouth)I was even dreaming about it lol.
I have my daughter 1 year birthday party coming on June 2nd and this is a long shot but I hope to be out of the 200's by then even if its 199 I'll be happy! Let's do this Bratty.
Mmm sounds like coldstones birthday cake remix. My husbands favorite.
I pretty much aim for 10 pounds a month. With Stillman I think I can do that. If I wish for more I am afraid to be disappointed.
It is so hard to behave around birthdays/holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Guys!! I broke 160 this morning! I weighed 159 when I woke up! Just wanted to share my excitement.
Congrats, that is awesome. I hope to be saying that around the beginning of December.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

KUTGW!!!!

Quote:
Woooooo-Hooooooo!!! That's exciting!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Check out my stats!!! Last time I posted here: 193.8 ----- This morning: 190.2

I had a big gain after my stressful weekend. Then a big whoosh after a great OP Monday. Then another good day Tuesday and a mini-whoosh this morning!!!!! The Whoosh Fairy lives!!!!

fairy-elf.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I had a big gain after my stressful weekend. Then a big whoosh after a great OP Monday. Then another good day Tuesday and a mini-whoosh this morning!!!!! The Whoosh Fairy lives!!!!

Attachment 44304
Way to go! The whoosh fairy is the best. I love her.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
YAY go you!
Quote:
Down another .4 That makes 3 days in a row. A loss always makes it so much easier to stay on track. I think my eating is on auto pilot. I just eat breakfast lunch and dinner with no other thoughts of eating. I am never hungry.
I even kicked the night time snack eating and I did not think I could ever do that. Stillmans is a wonderful thing.
Happy Hump Day!!
niiiiiiiiiice!
Quote:
Quote:

]
awright YAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Losers all around!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Looks like a loss day for everyone! Keep up the excellent work, guys! We'll be skinny in no time.
Closed Thread