Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatman View Post
Alcohol and meeting snacks are the prob.. not the actual meals lol
heard dat

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Just an Fyi. .I found it interesting. . I've been very dizzy the last two days so I was searching that out. . apparently it has to do with my glyceryn levels or something. . gonna check it out more. .

Hopefully its not Diabetes. . uggg
IM try some potassium........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks for that post, CC. Great info.

BTW: How did you know about size 14 being a 36 inch waist? What would 10, 12, 16, 18 be?? Just curious!
ha! from selling clothes on ebay you have to post measurements. Sizes vary so widely now you have to list the measurements in clothing listings. most 10s are a 30 or 32 waist.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoJenGo
Thanks for the responses. I agree about upping the fat - for some reason the flaxmeal helped me the most in the past, even more than my beloved coconut oil, but I wonder if it has anything to do with not having a gallbladder. I ended up using a little flaxmeal and greasing the pan in which I fried my eggs with a little coconut oil.

I was a little hesitant since I didn't know how much wiggle room I have as far as the amount of fat it would take to cause problems or hinder losses. I guess that's better than clogged pipes, which would eventually hinder me anyway!

I appreciate all the great advice! Happy weekend!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

time to change handbag again.........what is everyone carrying now?

Slat, you can opt out if you like....
Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slatman
Stats: High 248 / Current 218/ Perfect 185
WOE: Carb Cycling -- Stillmans M-F
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

I would go Dooney & Bourke
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I would go Dooney & Bourke
Whoa, a true prep! They've not been popular as they once were
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Down .4 today. Not bad. I was a bit scared to get on the scale. I had some bacon yesterday, way more sodium.

We are off to the local comic book store. It is free comic day and my kids and husband are chomping at the bit to go. It will be weird, it is tradition to go and pick up a dozen donuts and free comics each year. This time, no donuts!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Weight 209

B: 4 eggs & ham
L: Atkins Shake
D: something cinco de mayoish

35 miles 2 gels half way in perked me up and I was able to have a strong ride 1:45
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #99
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Howdy friends! What a week I've had. I have not been on plan, I just gave up when my schedule spiraled out of control. We are going to celebrate Cinco d Mayo with margaritas. I'll only have one, and I shall enjoy!

I had a neat experience on Monday and Tuesday. I was at all day seminars and bravely and boldly got dressed Monday morning. I hadn't thought my 15 pound loss was going to make that big of a difference so was pleased that my waistband on my pants was loose. It wasn't until after i arrived at the seminar and was walking in when I realized that my hems were dragging on the ground! Wow! My legs must have gotten shorter! The same thing happened on Tuesday - I threw on my long skirt only to have to change because it is too long! Wow, that feels good. I have gained a few pounds but will be back on plan tomorrow and by Tuesday's weigh in hopefully they will be gone. And on that note, I'm going to take the bit of free time I have today and clean my house! Or at least clean a square inch of it in the time I have!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I am down ~8 lbs in my first 5 days of Stillman's, and I think my induction flu has passed! The boyfriend and I are going to see his mom today so we're likely going out to eat. I hope I can stick as close to the diet as possible so I can mark 10 lbs in the first week!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Weight 209

B: 4 eggs & ham
L: Atkins Shake
D: something cinco de mayoish

35 miles 2 gels half way in perked me up and I was able to have a strong ride 1:45
Nice work. Almost out of to 200s! I have to ask, What are gels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Howdy friends! What a week I've had.
yay on your smaller body. I had never thought about skirts in dresses getting too long. I guess it takes more fabric to cover big bums and hips and drapes down when those shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
I am down ~8 lbs in my first 5 days of Stillman's, and I think my induction flu has passed! The boyfriend and I are going to see his mom today so we're likely going out to eat. I hope I can stick as close to the diet as possible so I can mark 10 lbs in the first week!
Wow that is a great number. When you go out just try to avoid the carbs. I know it is really hard to go out to eat and stay on plan. Too tempting. If you have trouble just remember how awful the flu part felt.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

"what are gels"

100 calorie packet 80% carb 20% fructose. They help me achieve a better workout hopefully nothing left of it after 1000+ kcal workout.

I am thinking of doing JUDDD with down days being Stillman's .. I gotta get some more carbs in... I wasn't at this high level of fitness last time doing Stillman's so it didn't affect my exercise like it is now.... questions questions...
Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
RE: constipation - you are spot on up the fat. I was a 4 or 5 time a day goer now once per day and no gurgling rumbling and other unpleasantries.
That is a huge plus when on this diet. . no bloat is the best! Even if I'm not where I want to be weight wise. . I love that I can still "feel" better.

thanks for that reminder!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
heard dat
I'm there. ..
Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I moved into my biggest Miche bag. . .. . for some reason. . I'm all about easy. . the other day I noted that I could fit a fifth of Rum in my purse. (only because it was hubby's Birthday). ..the guy at the party store almost spit all over me when I reached across and tossed it in. . No bag needed - Thank you!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Howdy friends! What a week I've had. I have not been on plan, I just gave up when my schedule spiraled out of control. We are going to celebrate Cinco d Mayo with margaritas. I'll only have one, and I shall enjoy!

I had a neat experience on Monday and Tuesday. I was at all day seminars and bravely and boldly got dressed Monday morning. I hadn't thought my 15 pound loss was going to make that big of a difference so was pleased that my waistband on my pants was loose. It wasn't until after i arrived at the seminar and was walking in when I realized that my hems were dragging on the ground! Wow! My legs must have gotten shorter! The same thing happened on Tuesday - I threw on my long skirt only to have to change because it is too long! Wow, that feels good. I have gained a few pounds but will be back on plan tomorrow and by Tuesday's weigh in hopefully they will be gone. And on that note, I'm going to take the bit of free time I have today and clean my house! Or at least clean a square inch of it in the time I have!
too funny. . I've had the same experience.. must be all the belly fat holding those puppies up.. My skirts are always longer as I lose weight. . I gotta remember that. . almost gave a few away that I thought were too short for this "old" lady. . wooo hoo. .we rock!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Keep on going, Girl Friend. . YOU CAN do this!! I am sooo proud of you. . weigh to rock it!

You make me want to go out and run. . OK .. maybe not so much with the running but perhaps jump up and down a few times on the tramp!! Whooo. .hooo.. I'm loving it!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O. . I'm such a Mother!! It is 12:34. . My boy is at the "prom" and plans to go to the afterprom . . which doesn't end until 3:00 am. . I was planning to go to bed. . and wanting to trust him. .but OMG>. he is a 16 year old boy with his 16 year old girlfriend and they both looked like they were going to a wedding this afternoon. .. Why.. why did I think boys were easier?? I just hope he reflects on the lecture I gave him this afternoon before doing anything stupid!!! Fingers Crossed!!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, Pals!

Ok. .so this scares me a bit when I am the last poster and the first to post in the morning. .Could it be I'm addicted to LCF or that I don't really have a life beyond the keyboard or that I'm actually procrastinating because I have so MUCH STINKIN bookwork to catch up on? Probably a bit of each. I really just want to go outside and play. . .

Have a great day, Peeps. . .I think I did OK yesterday. I really didnt' each much . Tuna Pouch and eggs with zuchinni until about 7:00 last night. Then. .we shall not mention anything more.. except that I cut it way, way back. .(started with a finger lick) and I enjoyed every other minute of it . .I'm just trying to live. . . My dizziness has subsided so I feel much better and ready to tackle the world!!

time to get serious, though, I have a wedding on the 26th . and I have nothing to wear. . definately can't do anything strappy, although I did dust off my shake weight. doubt I can shake it all off that fast, though!!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

No loss today but that is ok. My sodium has been on the high side the last couple of days.
Last night I hardly slept. I kept getting charlie horses in my calfs. Anyone else ever have this? I take potassium everyday. Maybe it is low iron...

Anyway, hopefully it moves tomorrow.

Quote:
O. . I'm such a Mother!!
I am TERRIFIED of when my kids are teenagers. I was a parents nightmare and I think I may have a bit of karma coming my way.

Quote:
Ok. .so this scares me a bit when I am the last poster and the first to post in the morning. .
(started with a finger lick) and I enjoyed every other minute of it .
I feel the same way sometimes. After a couple posts I firgure I should at least pretend I have something else to do.

Resist the finger licks!!! They will get you in trouble every time. I can not wash my hands fast enough if I get something yummy on it. Or worse a spoon or knife to lick must be thrown in the sick FAST.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
I am thinking of doing JUDDD with down days being Stillman's .. I gotta get some more carbs in... I wasn't at this high level of fitness last time doing Stillman's so it didn't affect my exercise like it is now.... questions questions...
I don't work out quite as much as you do :3 but I was considering doing the same thing in a couple months with JUDDD once I get around the size I want to be. If you try it out, let us know how it goes!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Bratty, I've had the charlie horse problem before and what helped the most was magnesium, specifically a powder form called Natural Calm. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny. It is supposed to have the largest amount of bioavailable magnesium out of all magnesium supplements. It lasts quite a while, too.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
"what are gels"

100 calorie packet 80% carb 20% fructose. They help me achieve a better workout hopefully nothing left of it after 1000+ kcal workout.

Do you have any idea how high you might go on carbs on your up days? After I lose all that I'm wanting to lose, I'm wondering if this might be a good idea to help me with running more - and feeling good while doing it would be nice!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
Bratty, I've had the charlie horse problem before and what helped the most was magnesium, specifically a powder form called Natural Calm. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny. It is supposed to have the largest amount of bioavailable magnesium out of all magnesium supplements. It lasts quite a while, too.
Thanks, I will have to look into that and talk to my Dr., I already take 250mg of mag a day to help with my heart palpitations.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Refeed weekend

weight 209

Exercise 55 mile 20+mph hammerfest.. 1600kcal beat everyone up both climbs even skinny little things.. lol
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you have any idea how high you might go on carbs on your up days? After I lose all that I'm wanting to lose, I'm wondering if this might be a good idea to help me with running more - and feeling good while doing it would be nice!
Plan is stillmans on down days and good carbs up days (500 cal / 3500 cal up)
1600 kcal average workout /4 = 400 carbs per day (up day)
This would be on the high/max side
Old 05-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Plan is stillmans on down days and good carbs up days (500 cal / 3500 cal up)
1600 kcal average workout /4 = 400 carbs per day (up day)
This would be on the high/max side
Thanks for the response and sharing your info!

I hope you'll share your results once on the new plan for a bit - I'm curious to see how you feel after doing that compared to the weekday Stillman's, weekend refeed and to the 10 day LC/2 day refeed cycles I think I saw you mention. I think I've read too much and might be confusing posters and cycles! (or cyclists? lol)

At one point, I ran like a mad woman while eating very low carb and felt GREAT, but I feel like I'm barely functioning right now and it's got me a little nervous. I have ZERO energy and I'm not one bit happy about it. I'll give it a couple more weeks as long as it doesn't interrupt everyday life, aka, work.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Thanks, I will have to look into that and talk to my Dr., I already take 250mg of mag a day to help with my heart palpitations.
I had taken a mag cap prior to trying this stuff and I did notice a huge difference after switching to the Natural Calm. Like night and day, really. I told a couple of women at work about it because they were complaining about leg cramps at night and neither have had one since the night before the first time they took it! I was amazed and so were they!

Good luck to you, those can be rough.

Last edited by GoJenGo; 05-06-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had taken a mag cap prior to trying this stuff and I did notice a huge difference after switching to the Natural Calm. Like night and day, really. I told a couple of women at work about it because they were complaining about leg cramps at night and neither have had one since the night before the first time they took it! I was amazed and so were they!

Good luck to you, those can be rough.
Thanks a lot. I am going to order it. It is just a little more mag than I take now but don't think it will be an issue. I am considering the raspberry lemon. Ever try it??
Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
anyone ever use coconut milk for anything???????
Yes I have but not on Stills. Used it in rice, and also when doing Thai prawn stit fry... in fact I may have used it a couple of times while doing Stills - in the prawn dish.
Closed Thread