Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Mornin Down 2.8 today (yesterdays bloat plus a smidge more)

Last month I needed to buy some capris for this summer so I bought one pair of 16 and one 14 for later this summer. I am happy to say that my 14s already fit and I am tossing the 16s to the goodwill. I also bought a couple 14s from the goodwill and they also fit. Sooo I think I am officially a size 14 now.

I know some people would die being a 14 but it makes me SO happy to be out of 16s!

I hope you are all having a great day.
I'm so happy for you!!!! Scale down. Pants size down. You are rockin' this!!!

I started out in a size 18 - tight!! I was sooooo excited when I got into a 16, then 14. So I know how you feel. When I actually went to the store and bought 12's I had the sales lady scan them on me. I refused to put the 14's back on!!! Last time I bought my first size 10's and I was in total disbelief! Last time I weighed 193 (in 2005!) I was wearing a 14. I'm burning fat and keeping muscle this time for sure and it makes a big difference.

This week I did Jorge Cruise's 12 Minute Sequence DVD. OMG!!! My legs are so sore it's hard to sit down and get back up again. Going potty is such an ordeal right now which is not good when a person drinks this much water!!

Anyway, I'm proud of YOU!!!!! KUTGW!! Enjoy those 14's. Pretty soon they will be baggy!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slatman
Stats: High 248 / Current 218/ Perfect 185
WOE: Carb Cycling -- Stillmans M-F
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Good Morning Ladies! WTG on the 14's! whatever that means lol

Weight 210 / 207 after exercise

Exercise 45 miles completed 1300 kcal.. still not feeling it.. looking forward to upping the good carbs for the weekend rides.

B: water (did not want anything this morning)
sn: water
L: Eggs, Ham, Lean Bacon, cottage cheese, and steak
D: Chicken
sn: sf jello
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Hey guys. So I noticed that when I started Stillman's earlier this week, I get uncomfortable stomach aches later at night. I'm not sure what it is; it kinda feels like I have to throw up (but I can't) and at the same time, it almost seems like gas because when I burp, I get a little relief, but it doesn't go away until when I wake up the next day. I'm wondering if I'm drinking too much water since I drink more than 10 glasses and sipping on some feels like it makes my stomach worse. Or I was also thinking maybe my body hasn't adjusted to the meat and egg diet and I may need some fruits/veggies to start. Should I just stick it out and see if it gets better? I read somewhere that some people get flu-like symptoms in the beginning so I'm hoping it will go away later, but I just wanted to get some advice. I've been seeing a little progress (weighed in at 163 this morning! I bounce around between 163-167, but I haven't seen 170 over the past couple days!) so I don't want to quit quite yet!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Last month I needed to buy some capris for this summer so I bought one pair of 16 and one 14 for later this summer. I am happy to say that my 14s already fit and I am tossing the 16s to the goodwill. I also bought a couple 14s from the goodwill and they also fit. Sooo I think I am officially a size 14 now.

I know some people would die being a 14 but it makes me SO happy to be out of 16s!

Congratulations! That's amazing!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Yay Bratty!!! Feel so proud!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Hey guys. So I noticed that when I started Stillman's earlier this week, I get uncomfortable stomach aches later at night. I'm not sure what it is; it kinda feels like I have to throw up (but I can't) and at the same time, it almost seems like gas because when I burp, I get a little relief, but it doesn't go away until when I wake up the next day. I'm wondering if I'm drinking too much water since I drink more than 10 glasses and sipping on some feels like it makes my stomach worse. Or I was also thinking maybe my body hasn't adjusted to the meat and egg diet and I may need some fruits/veggies to start. Should I just stick it out and see if it gets better? I read somewhere that some people get flu-like symptoms in the beginning so I'm hoping it will go away later, but I just wanted to get some advice. I've been seeing a little progress (weighed in at 163 this morning! I bounce around between 163-167, but I haven't seen 170 over the past couple days!) so I don't want to quit quite yet!
When I feel like that I usually take some milk of magnesia it seems to help me.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Thank you for all the congrats. I am over the moon still.

Slatman, 14 is my new smaller pants size. :P

Quote:
My first time on Stills, I was sick as a dog. (induction flu) for about 4 days The belly aches I think were just my body adjusting to the new eating. If it is constipation then milk of magnesium will do the trick. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Lav: if you can stand it, stick it out a few more days and you will feel much better. I must have gotten out of ketosis and am starting again. . I've been dizzy. which is weird. . but not to the point where it is bothersome. .

I plan to see some scale movement in the morning. . I have my breakfast date so I hope to be floating in on cloud 9. . when I see that scale. .
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bratty. .that is wonderful.. I am anxious for my pants to start falling off, too. . seriously. I love having to move my belt in another notch. . Heck . .I love wearing a belt! I could never get one to fit before. . LOL My weight tends to settle around my middle. . so my middle may wear a size 14 but the rest of me wears an 8 !!! Seriously difficult to find Pants!!! . .

I tried on some of my jeans last weekend. . and I seriously have from size 8 to size 14 and they all fit about the same. .I should cut all the tags out and just wear what feels comfortable. . Why O Why are we so dictated by those stupid numbers. . They're everywhere. . Weight. . Sizes. Ages. . O my goodness. . don't get me going. . I could really go into a rant. . but I'll spare you. .

Yep. . I'm sensitive about my age lately. I think I'm going to start sprouting wrinkles. .That's the only advantage of being a little chubby. .smooth skin (at least on my face). . I'm dreading the droop!!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did I mention, you guys Rock!!!

Let's go. go. .go. . MMmm. . someone is cooking burger in my house. . I shall have to go investigate!! TTYL
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoJenGo
Can anyone tell me if ground flaxmeal might cause problems and inhibit loss? I'm really worried about not having any fiber at all and psyllium husks have caused me nothing but problems in the past. I know it isn't on the list of allowed foods, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with it while on Stillman's.

Thanks for any responses. Congrats on all of your hard work and success!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

OMG honey congratulations! The euphoria is great, ain't it! I have a lovely pair of LRLL 14 capris in hot pink I've tried to sell on ebay forever, If you could do a shipping label I would gladly send them to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatman View Post
Good Morning Ladies! WTG on the 14's! whatever that means lol

Weight 210 / 207 after exercise

Exercise 45 miles completed 1300 kcal.. still not feeling it.. looking forward to upping the good carbs for the weekend rides.

B: water (did not want anything this morning)
sn: water
L: Eggs, Ham, Lean Bacon, cottage cheese, and steak
D: Chicken
sn: sf jello
slat size 14 is prob around a 36 waist in man speak
Quote:
induction flu.........wait it out, your body is detoxing.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Did I mention, you guys Rock!!!

Let's go. go. .go. . MMmm. . someone is cooking burger in my house. . I shall have to go investigate!! TTYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
Can anyone tell me if ground flaxmeal might cause problems and inhibit loss? I'm really worried about not having any fiber at all and psyllium husks have caused me nothing but problems in the past. I know it isn't on the list of allowed foods, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with it while on Stillman's.

Thanks for any responses. Congrats on all of your hard work and success!
fiber is unnecessaru in the true human diet.........

Gut Sense: Overcoming Fiber Dependence
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

eat some celery if you realy feel you have to.........after you go paleo for awhile fiber causes blood in stool.......I knowTMI but it's important........if things get backed up three magnesium tabs and it's all good.......
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

menu today

lean burger patty
chick breast w/ Splenda 'honey' mustard
1/2 c greek yogurt
few mouthfuls of cottage cheese FF
Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and GoJen, flax really isn't so much fiber as it is fat.......and fat will make things move. So try some fat if things dam up...........

mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy fat, chicken skin, coconut oil, bacon........
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O and GoJen, flax really isn't so much fiber as it is fat.......and fat will make things move. So try some fat if things dam up...........

mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy fat, chicken skin, coconut oil, bacon........
Burger usually works well for me too .. (Thanks to Al!). . .but I to find myself supplementing with vitamins. . I've taken Magnesium but can't really tell you if it worked or not. .

However, I'm forever reminded that what we are eating has virtually no waste bi-products.. I guess your body uses as much of the protein as possible for energy and starts hacking on the fat. . so clearly. . less (going) is more? I don't even know if I'm making sense but it sounds good to me!!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dear Woshie. .

We need you today. . We've been very good and very patient. . Please visit
Old 05-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has Anyone read any Jen Lancaster? She's is tooo funny. . . .I have to go search out some of her newest stuff .

If you are looking for reasonable books. . Thriftbooks .. most books are 2.95 each and that includes shipping. If you order more than one from the same vendor . .they deduct .50 each! I rarely shop anywhere else. . I've picked up some great cookbooks (Weight Watchers and Low Carb, Alike!). .I'm addicted to them. . (thrift books, that is!!)
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
When I feel like that I usually take some milk of magnesia it seems to help me.
Quote:
My first time on Stills, I was sick as a dog. (induction flu) for about 4 days The belly aches I think were just my body adjusting to the new eating. If it is constipation then milk of magnesium will do the trick. I hope you feel better soon!
Quote:
Lav: if you can stand it, stick it out a few more days and you will feel much better. I must have gotten out of ketosis and am starting again. . I've been dizzy. which is weird. . but not to the point where it is bothersome. .
Quote:
induction flu.........wait it out, your body is detoxing.....

Thanks guys, that's really helpful! Sorry for all the nooby questions but I really appreciate your advice. I was just a little worried because my boyfriend's been doing great and hasn't had any issues but I can imagine it's a little different for everyone.

I'm cooking the Stillman's recipe for lasagna right now! Excited to see how it goes.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Weight 207

B: Water
L: Hamb Patties
D: Lean Steak
Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

I am down another 1.6. I think having a day off after 2 weeks did the trick in getting my body going again. I have been on clean stills for 2 days and already back in Ketosis. It usually takes me 4 days. I also think not drinking the crystal lite was really slowing the weight loss down. Dang aspartame.

Quote:
OMG honey congratulations! The euphoria is great, ain't it! I have a lovely pair of LRLL 14 capris in hot pink I've tried to sell on ebay forever, If you could do a shipping label I would gladly send them to you.
Thank you I did not know you had eBay stuff. You should send me a link. I also have no idea how to make a shipping label.

Quote:
menu today

lean burger patty
chick breast w/ Splenda 'honey' mustard
1/2 c greek yogurt
few mouthfuls of cottage cheese FF
How do you make the honey mustard? Is it yummy??

Quote:
Thanks guys, that's really helpful! Sorry for all the nooby questions but I really appreciate your advice. I was just a little worried because my boyfriend's been doing great and hasn't had any issues but I can imagine it's a little different for everyone.

I'm cooking the Stillman's recipe for lasagna right now! Excited to see how it goes.
Men! My husband does SO good on Stillman. It truly makes me sick. He loses twice what I do in half the time and he never gets the induction flu.

Quote:
Good Morning!

Weight 207

B: Water
L: Hamb Patties
D: Lean Steak
See what I mean. I swear he was just at 210! Congrats!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Congrats Bratty! I'm jealous!! I've lost 20lb since I stared low carbing but still can't shake the pants size I'm in.

I'm still lurking around here. Lost 3.6lbs since I stared on the first though I've been eating more M/E than stillmans. I'm a sucker for bacon and I had stocked up on the stuff before I decided to give stillmans a go.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I have an out of town Manager meeting next week... you can laugh at how poorly I do next week
Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Congrats Bratty! I'm jealous!! I've lost 20lb since I stared low carbing but still can't shake the pants size I'm in.

I'm still lurking around here. Lost 3.6lbs since I stared on the first though I've been eating more M/E than stillmans. I'm a sucker for bacon and I had stocked up on the stuff before I decided to give stillmans a go.
I am surprised I moved a size. I was still firmly in a 16 last time I was at this weight. I will take the smaller size!

My husband loves bacon so I bought a big bag of real bacon crumbles from costco. He sprinkles it on his chicken, eggs... everything.

Quote:
I have an out of town Manager meeting next week... you can laugh at how poorly I do next week

What, you don't want to eat tuna, chicken and eggs while out of town? hehe

I am going off for a day on mothers day weekend. The husband and kids are taking me out to dinner. Luckily I will have 10 days done by then so perfect timing.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Alcohol and meeting snacks are the prob.. not the actual meals lol
Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was just reading this and thought I'd pass it along: some interesting tid bits. .

1.Ever heard of "hitting the wall?" It's a term long-distance and marathon runners use to describe glycogen (stored carbohydrate) depletion. When that happens, your body has to convert to lipolysis (fat burning). This is where you want to be -- not all the time, but evolution suggests that our primitive ancestors spent much time in this state. When you re-adapt yourself to it, you'll be used to it and you'll find that you rarely drag any more. Energy is far more stable. However, getting through that wall the first time, especially if you've been a big carb eater, can be tough on some. You might experience days on end of lethargy. Persist. You'll see soon enough.
2.And, so given #1, I recommend just getting it over with. This is one area where Atkins ( Stillmans) has a real benefit with its two-week induction of near zero carbohydrate. It makes the unpleasantness of getting used to being a steady fat burner quick. Add in a couple sessions per week of high-intensity resistance training of about 30 minutes, and you'll get rid of that glycogen and get your body adapted to lipolysis all the quicker.
3.You might experience constipation. People will tell you to take psyllium husks and such, but my advice it to up the fat content. It's quite lubricative. I recommend the latter, because I don't think you should get yourself relying on an unnatural substance. Your body will adapt soon enough.
4.Most of the initial weight loss is water. Stored glycogen requires water. For every gram of glycogen, you retain 1.6 grams of water. As you expend the glycogen, you release water. Once you start having to relieve every hour for a couple of days, you'll know you're on the right track. And, you'll know you were a big carb muncher, if you didn't know already.
5.So, you're going to see an initial big weight drop, then it's going to slow. Don't get discouraged.

Just an Fyi. .I found it interesting. . I've been very dizzy the last two days so I was searching that out. . apparently it has to do with my glyceryn levels or something. . gonna check it out more. .

Hopefully its not Diabetes. . uggg
Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thanks for that post, CC. Great info.

BTW: How did you know about size 14 being a 36 inch waist? What would 10, 12, 16, 18 be?? Just curious!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was just reading this and thought I'd pass it along: some interesting tid bits. .

1.Ever heard of "hitting the wall?" It's a term long-distance and marathon runners use to describe glycogen (stored carbohydrate) depletion. When that happens, your body has to convert to lipolysis (fat burning). This is where you want to be -- not all the time, but evolution suggests that our primitive ancestors spent much time in this state. When you re-adapt yourself to it, you'll be used to it and you'll find that you rarely drag any more. Energy is far more stable. However, getting through that wall the first time, especially if you've been a big carb eater, can be tough on some. You might experience days on end of lethargy. Persist. You'll see soon enough.
2.And, so given #1, I recommend just getting it over with. This is one area where Atkins ( Stillmans) has a real benefit with its two-week induction of near zero carbohydrate. It makes the unpleasantness of getting used to being a steady fat burner quick. Add in a couple sessions per week of high-intensity resistance training of about 30 minutes, and you'll get rid of that glycogen and get your body adapted to lipolysis all the quicker.
3.You might experience constipation. People will tell you to take psyllium husks and such, but my advice it to up the fat content. It's quite lubricative. I recommend the latter, because I don't think you should get yourself relying on an unnatural substance. Your body will adapt soon enough.
4.Most of the initial weight loss is water. Stored glycogen requires water. For every gram of glycogen, you retain 1.6 grams of water. As you expend the glycogen, you release water. Once you start having to relieve every hour for a couple of days, you'll know you're on the right track. And, you'll know you were a big carb muncher, if you didn't know already.
5.So, you're going to see an initial big weight drop, then it's going to slow. Don't get discouraged.

Just an Fyi. .I found it interesting. . I've been very dizzy the last two days so I was searching that out. . apparently it has to do with my glyceryn levels or something. . gonna check it out more. .

Hopefully not!!!!
I would check calorie intake and see your daily deficit... or have a refeed weekend.

Exercising is great on low carb except the very top end work.. the high intensity stuff. I have programs that track every second I am on the bike and it is so obvious when I am VLC. The 0-4 minute efforts are terrible but everything beyond is the same..

Long distance cycling, marathoners etc can I think actually be stronger once the body is fully adapted to fat burning vs. stored glycogen. The short 100% plus efforts (i.e. sprinting in track & field) You would suffer there quite a bit. Your body will store glycogen with almost anything you put in your body but it's a much slower proccess than with carbs.

Recovery is the biggest issue most athletes seem to experience. I try to get in some good carbs within 20 minutes of a ride but it's just not as beneficial to the muscles as carbs.

When I did my last 112 mile event on stillman's I was blown away at the start..as people starting blowing up from running out of glycogen.. I started blowing past them.. I ended stronger than I started and everyone was sucking wind.. I was also sick with strep throat and couldn't drink or eat anything the whole time.

RE: constipation - you are spot on up the fat. I was a 4 or 5 time a day goer now once per day and no gurgling rumbling and other unpleasantries.

Last edited by slatman; 05-04-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Interesting read. Hopefully it isn't diabetes. I had it when I was pregnant.(Gestational Diabetes) It stinks. I still have my meter and use it once in awhile to keep an eye on my levels.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Thank you I did not know you had eBay stuff. You should send me a link. I also have no idea how to make a shipping label.

How do you make the honey mustard? Is it yummy??

!
halfnakedbarbarianwoman | eBay

I just mix brown mustard with Splenda, really yummmmmmmmmmy!
Closed Thread