Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
wow, what an absolutely incredible forum. so many people doing all the right stuff. thank you for the welcome.

i had a great day with stillmans plan. i feel very full and the calories are low. hoping i wake up to a lighter me.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
Oh ya Mio! I bought it for my son to keep in his backpack so he can spruce up his water while at school (now that he's in H.S. I need to sneak in his water intake). I'm going to have to buy me some now too. Thanks.

Also my carb count is over 20 daily. I know with Atkins that's a no no, but since it's coming from cottage cheese and that's an acceptable food, I'm assuming it's ok?!?
Uh, I really don't think this is right. You might want to check up on the advisability of eating that much cottage cheese. Stillman's is supposed to be as near zero-carb as you can get--lower than Atkins by far. Don't think the cottage cheese should be pushing you over 20 carbs, at all. My recollection is you're supposed to only use the cottage cheese for a little variety, in limited amounts (1/2 cup a day, total is what my memory says...certainly not enough to get you 20+ carbs a day from dairy.) Someone else may jump in here with exact amount allowed from original Stillman's.

I do know both from current forum posts & from way back when I did Stillmans before, that many people don't lose much, if any, while eating the dairy...so they avoid even the small amount of cottage cheese allowed.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Thank you! Thats what I needed to hear (read) because the rules say its an allowed food & unlimited amounts, but that didn't seem right to me either. I do love my cc, but I will treat it like everything else if not allowed.

That being said I read this after dinner.

Todays menu
Brkfast 1 cup cc

Snack salmon burger

Lunch grilled chicken with franks hot sauce

Dinner Jennie o turkey burger & 1/2 cottage cheese
Diet Pepsi (I'm trying to quit)

& LOTS of water!!!

I don't like coffee/tea (but may need to add in as a filler)

4 hrs til bedtime

Going to try and get a workout in (taebo) and more water

[COLOR="Purple"]BAHAMA MAMAS BIKINI CHALLEGE[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey guys!
Well after 2 full days of doing stillman/dukan combo I am done 5 pounds!! Woot woot!! I had weighed in at 151(mind you it was TOM) on Tuesday morning and today I was 146! I have never seen that kind of lightening fast weight loss with atkins. I am a stillmans/dukan convert!

Here is my menu for yesterday:

- I low fat hot dog weiner for breakfast
-lunch was a chicken breast dipped in a balsamic/mustard sauce ( I made it myself)
-FF yogurt (sweetened with splenda) and 1.5 tbsp's oat bran (as per dukan)
-dinner 2 small filet mignon. more yogurt as a snack
-1 small glass of red wine
tons of water and green teal!
I can't believe I had such a loss even with the wine I am loving this plan!!! I did not feel hungry at all.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Wow, I wish I could lose weight eating like that! So glad you can.
I'm so happy for you! What's your secret?
Also wine makes my face and feet puffy. Maybe I'm sensitive to it.
The yogurt sounds amazing! Sure wish I could have it.
Hello everyone! And new Stillman's folks! Ground turkey, browned, plain tonight.
Felt really sick at lunch eating beef meatballs with tomato sauce. Yuck. Back on track. Lost 1 pound since yesterday. Hoping lunch's fiasco doesn't ruin it for me in the morning.
Good to see everyone! And your all doing so great losing all this weight!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Whatever you do: DON'T EAT THE COTTAGE CHEESE - trust me on that one. I have no idea why its in the book - but it stalls everyone.

I've been losing about 2 pounds per day. Just in tuesday, wed, and half of today Im down 6. Im eating plain turkey burger - about a pound a day. (more calories than HCG, mind you)

PLUS - I cheat every 5th day (on purpose).

I'll definitely be at goal by the end of June.

Im glad its working for you, Angel. I've been preachin the "plain turkey burger" thing since 09' on these boards. Im only trying to help people because I had been so frustrated on Stillmans before.

Some people dont like it that strict I can understand, though.

But for me - Id rather give up cheese and diet coke every 4 days and start losing fast.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

People dont realize that "just that LITTLE bit" can make all the difference in the world.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Hi Erin,
Today is my second day; I'm still learning about what to eat and have been sticking with eggs and chicken primarily. I see you posted that you ate 1lb of turkey. Was that everything you had to eat today? I'm just trying to gauge my own daily intake. Today I had 2x hard boiled eggs and 2x chicken breasts, and just ate 1/2lb of bison because I was starving. I wonder if my caloric intake is too high to lose. Yikes, guess I"ll find out!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Ok No cottage cheese for me ��
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #729
Senior LCF Member

That was a statement, not question. ?? Showed up in lieu of my sad face
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #730
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy522
Stats: 203.8/203.8/115-5'5"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: June 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
I've been losing about 2 pounds per day. Just in tuesday, wed, and half of today Im down 6. Im eating plain turkey burger - about a pound a day. (more calories than HCG, mind you)

Im glad its working for you, Angel. I've been preachin the "plain turkey burger" thing since 09' on these boards. Im only trying to help people because I had been so frustrated on Stillmans before.
I might have to try that Erin.....so just 1 lb a turkey everyday and water? How long have you been doing this and losing 2 lbs a day? And then on your cheat day what do you usually have? I wonder if this would work just as well with chicken breast instead of turkey?

I'm doing Stillmans QWL & taking Centrum multivitamin daily, what other supplements should I be taking?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 161/154/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Low carb and excercise
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
Hello everyone! And new Stillman's folks! Ground turkey, browned, plain tonight.
Felt really sick at lunch eating beef meatballs with tomato sauce. Yuck. Back on track. Lost 1 pound since yesterday. Hoping lunch's fiasco doesn't ruin it for me in the morning.
Hi! Not sure if I have a "secret" but if it makes a difference I do excercise a lot, I run every morning and do hot yoga 3-4 times a week. Plus a few strength training sessions in there sometimes....I think that's how I get away with the wine Although I did not lose this morning so I think the banana/strawberry fruit yogurt may have stalled me yesterday, going back to plain FF greek to get the scale moving again.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 161/154/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Low carb and excercise
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quote:
Whatever you do: DON'T EAT THE COTTAGE CHEESE - trust me on that one. I have no idea why its in the book - but it stalls everyone.

Some people dont like it that strict I can understand, though.

But for me - Id rather give up cheese and diet coke every 4 days and start losing fast.
Wow, those are some amazing losses Erin!! For the turkey burger, are you using lean ground turkey breast and making your own burgers? Do you put anything in them or use any condiments at all? I'm just curious to try that.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Congratulations on all your loss! You are such a champ! It seems like you've found what works for you. What recipe are you using to make the eggplant parmesan? I was thinking of making it too on an off day.
Thank you ! and to answer your question ... Here is the recipe .... I use Trader Joe's Brand lightly breaded egg plant cutlets .... Reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese , low fat ricotta cheese ....and my home made Italian tomato and basil sauce .... I cook that for hours on the stove .... ( If you want the sauce recipe just let me know)... I layer the bottom of a 8x10 square casserole dish with sauce first , then eggplant slices , ricotta and mozzarella cheese .... make sure your top layer is finished with eggplant slices top that with tomato sauce and save some mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top .... Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover casserole with oven proof cover or aluminium foil .... bake fifteen minutes then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes .... remove cool a bit slice and enjoy !
Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag24 View Post
Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
Hi Angelstill I have a question for you, are you doing stillman and fast five together? The weight seems to be falling right off of you congrats!
Thank you ! yes the weight comes right off .... I am incorporating fast 5 diet plan with Strict Stillmans and no cottage cheese that does stall .... also splenda stalls me but not stevia who knows why my body is a picky :X ha ! ha ! I followed this plan yesterday :

a.m 16 ounces water vitamins and supplements
mid day espresso black 2 tiny cups
additional 32 ounces of water ....
Late afternoon exercise jump rope 5 sets of 20....
additional water 16 ounces
5:00 p.m 10:00 p.m window fast 5 additional water
Vitamins and supplements 2 extra lean turkey burgers ....
After dinner 45 minute walk .......
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Thank you ! and to answer your question ... Here is the recipe .... I use Trader Joe's Brand lightly breaded egg plant cutlets .... Reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese , low fat ricotta cheese ....and my home made Italian tomato and basil sauce .... I cook that for hours on the stove .... ( If you want the sauce recipe just let me know)... I layer the bottom of a 8x10 square casserole dish with sauce first , then eggplant slices , ricotta and mozzarella cheese .... make sure your top layer is finished with eggplant slices top that with tomato sauce and save some mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top .... Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover casserole with oven proof cover or aluminium foil .... bake fifteen minutes then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes .... remove cool a bit slice and enjoy !
Yumm I've always loved eggplant! What's the recipe for the sauce if you don't mind me asking? I've been adding some low carb veggies into my diet for the past couple days and somehow it's ended my stall! I've lost a lb a day for the last 3 days and I'm now in a new decade! Wooo!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member

I just use the lean ground burger - and have 8 oz as a meal then 8oz as another, but you could break it into 4 meals of 4oz.

No seasonings, no condiments.

It's hard to do for 4 days straight, you have to be really head strong and focus on that 5th day break.

When I "cheat" on the 5th day it's just for one meal. Not all day.

No sugar free drinks - just water.

I've always been able to get to a low weight using this way, and my brother lost 110 pounds in 6 months using this method. He eats 24 oz per day, though.

I've tried it with chicken and eggs, but never got the same results. I think it's because the turkey is just enough fat, but less protein than chicken (remember, if you get too much protein, your body turns the excess into sugars and stores it as fat)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just use the lean ground burger - and have 8 oz as a meal then 8oz as another, but you could break it into 4 meals of 4oz.

No seasonings, no condiments.

It's hard to do for 4 days straight, you have to be really head strong and focus on that 5th day break.

When I "cheat" on the 5th day it's just for one meal. Not all day.

No sugar free drinks - just water.

I've always been able to get to a low weight using this way, and my brother lost 110 pounds in 6 months using this method. He eats 24 oz per day, though.

I've tried it with chicken and eggs, but never got the same results. I think it's because the turkey is just enough fat, but less protein than chicken (remember, if you get too much protein, your body turns the excess into sugars and stores it as fat)
Erin, what is on your "cheat" meal? And when you do that cheat meal day, what do you eat for the rest of that day?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yumm I've always loved eggplant! What's the recipe for the sauce if you don't mind me asking? I've been adding some low carb veggies into my diet for the past couple days and somehow it's ended my stall! I've lost a lb a day for the last 3 days and I'm now in a new decade! Wooo!
This is my mama's recipe .... Rest in Peace
Extra virgin olive oil
(enough that you feel comfortable coating the bottom of the pot .)

4 cloves of garlic peeled chopped medium . more if you like more than just 4 cloves

1 small sweet onion minced .

1 can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes in puree .

2 tspns each of onion and garlic powder. or to your taste

2 or more tspns of Italian seasonings to your taste

fresh ground salt and pepper to taste

a few fresh basil leaves chopped . ( add some to cook in the sauce save some for garnish )

you can but it is more carbs add a few tspns of parmesan and/or romano cheese to the sauce or as a garnish last ....

Heat olive oil in pot and saute' onion and garlic ... till soft be careful not to burn the garlic .... add tomatoes and use (I use a wooden spoon ) a spoon or fork to break up the whole tomatoes .... keep breaking it down till it looks more like puree with tomato pieces not chunks .... Add your seasonings to your liking .... simmer covered with lid half over the pot .... I let it simmer for a couples of hours but stirring continuously & keeping an eye on it .... enjoy !
Old 06-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
awesome !!!! great job lil lav !!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
another pound down !!!! If you can start bringing your own lunch and only red wine does that to me .... btw I am making your turkey meatballs again tomorrow mmmm ....
Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #741
Senior LCF Member

I am down another 2 lbs this morning .... Today's menu a.m water vitamins and supplements , Breakfast 2 H.B Eggs mid day espresso more water... Lunch 2 Perdue turkey sausages more water .... Dinner water with more supplements and turkey burgers .... more water .... Last night before bed I made some herbal tea and did not cause a stall ....
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #742
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Quote:
Thank you ! yes the weight comes right off .... I am incorporating fast 5 diet plan with Strict Stillmans and no cottage cheese that does stall .... also splenda stalls me but not stevia who knows why my body is a picky :X ha ! ha ! I followed this plan yesterday :

a.m 16 ounces water vitamins and supplements
mid day espresso black 2 tiny cups
additional 32 ounces of water ....
Late afternoon exercise jump rope 5 sets of 20....
additional water 16 ounces
5:00 p.m 10:00 p.m window fast 5 additional water
Vitamins and supplements 2 extra lean turkey burgers ....
After dinner 45 minute walk .......
I think I'm going to try your plan thanks for the info. Do you move your window around or is it strictly 5-10? Thanks again!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #743
Senior LCF Member

No June?
Ok well I'm putting my menu here, because I need to stay accountable.

Brkfast 3 turkey sausage links.

Now I'm stuck at school, volunteering so eating from snack bar

Beef jerkey/water

Going to grad BBQ tonite, so I'll know there's meat, just not sure how low fat.

Will try to have some tuna/chkn breast if I have time bwtn leaving school & going to graduation
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Then the dreaded weekend!! But since I started mid week, I'm hoping it won't be as hard as usual...

Only plans are to be in back, watching my boys swim.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
Then the dreaded weekend!! But since I started mid week, I'm hoping it won't be as hard as usual...

Only plans are to be in back, watching my boys swim.
Good luck on both the grad party and the weekend, Annie.

...maybe you could spend the weekend cooking ahead to make next week easy! That's my plan...boiling eggs, fry up some low-fat turkey patties & low-fat hamburger patties (so I can just zap 'em for meals next week) Think I'll also pan-grill some lean steak as a weekend "treat" (though what I'd really like is a big 'ol fatty ribeye steak, lol. Or Outback prime rib. Dreaming.)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #746
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok peeps--I started the June thread, so pop on over!

And Im2---I stole your title!! Twas very good!!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Stillman's Shrinking Sunnies losing their Junk in June!!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
This is my mama's recipe .... Rest in Peace
Extra virgin olive oil
(enough that you feel comfortable coating the bottom of the pot .)

4 cloves of garlic peeled chopped medium . more if you like more than just 4 cloves

1 small sweet onion minced .

1 can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes in puree .

2 tspns each of onion and garlic powder. or to your taste

2 or more tspns of Italian seasonings to your taste

fresh ground salt and pepper to taste

a few fresh basil leaves chopped . ( add some to cook in the sauce save some for garnish )

you can but it is more carbs add a few tspns of parmesan and/or romano cheese to the sauce or as a garnish last ....

Heat olive oil in pot and saute' onion and garlic ... till soft be careful not to burn the garlic .... add tomatoes and use (I use a wooden spoon ) a spoon or fork to break up the whole tomatoes .... keep breaking it down till it looks more like puree with tomato pieces not chunks .... Add your seasonings to your liking .... simmer covered with lid half over the pot .... I let it simmer for a couples of hours but stirring continuously & keeping an eye on it .... enjoy !
Thank you for the recipes! Sorry to hear about your mom. I lost mine as well. I'm going to make the eggplant parmesan this weekend and make our moms proud!
Closed Thread