Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quick question- instead of FF cottage cheese today I am having silhouette FF yogurt vanilla flavour (sweetened with sucralose, no added sugar) 6 grams carbs per 100 grams. Do you think that is okay to use?? I'm doing a Dukan/Stillman combo.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Sucralose is just sugar though--anything with 'ose'. If it doesnt stall you then go for it! But as always you'll have the most success with pure foods. Also the quicker you lose the taste for sweet things, the easier the diet will become!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Todays meal plan ....
a.m 16 ounces water vitamins and supplements
mid day espresso black 2 tiny cups
additional 32 ounces of water ....
Late afternoon exercise jump rope 5 sets of 20....
additional water 16 ounces
5:00 p.m 10:00 p.m window fast 5 additional water
Vitamins and supplements 2 extra lean turkey burgers ....
After 45 minute walk .... This is the most difficult diet I have ever done but so far so good .....
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i would like to join this thread if it's ok. i've been doing atkins in the past months. need some friends with a little stricter way of eating. the last two days i have done low fat meats, egg whites, carb free soy shakes, a little yogurt and that is it. i will cut the yogurt out tomorrow. i know soy shakes are not on the list. what does everyone think, leave them out for now? oh, i also have added splenda to my coffee. i think that is a mistake. i will try to cut it out for now. sucrose is sugar and i see that ingredient on the package.

thank you
Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
does everyone eat whole eggs on this forum and is there a limit per day on the eggs? i like them.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Yes whole eggs lean meats , fish, and low fat cottage cheese and vitamins
And just like Atkins a lot of water ....
Old 05-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #697
Senior LCF Member

As for a limit I am not sure usually I eat 2 eggs on a strict stillmans day ....
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
Start Date: 5/16/12
Hi Everyone!!

Angel - I see you've been ROCKIN the turkey burger routine! Thats awesome, and it looks like you've done very well.

And yes, like "Getting_There" said, it takes VERY low calories to lose weight (unfortunatley).

It doesnt take as much to maintain, you'll need to experiment where your threshold is.

But I know for me, I have to cut calories way low - and exercise - for the scale to BUDGE. Adding the cheese, and some salad will maintain me - or maybe a 1lb a week loss.

Its actually easier to do a "mono-diet" like the all turkey burger than to add all the extras like eggs, low fat cheese, dips/sauces, ect. PLUS - when youre eating just ONE thing (like soley Turkey Burgers) your digestive system becomes extremely efficient. Its pumping out one type of enzyme, and it makes it very easy to digest. Its almost like getting the same results of a water fast. In fact, I've done water fasting - and didnt lose weight any faster than the turkey burger.

Google "mono-diet" and read the benefits. Of course, the Fast-5 provides even more benefit as well.

I've been on track - I'm trying to learn how to adjust to all my food intolerances. Gluten, Soy, rice, and oats. Soy is in EVERYTHING! And I'm a complete mess if I eat it - I'm a totally different person for 2 days after eating it. Think: The flu + BAD PMS + a hangover...it sucks.

My eating was sloppy over the weekend - We had a BBQ to go to, but I packed some turkey meat and ate some deviled eggs.

Then Sunday I cheated Turkey Chili I'm pretty much use ground turkey for everything around here!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Erin !!!! I am in fat burning mode I lost my cravings and two burgers fill me up .... I got a whoosh of 5lbs gone yes over night because when I am off plan I do not feel like I need to stuff myself I really feel full .... I think
the fast 5 also helped jump start my weight loss and no more stalls and I still drink my espresso
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Erin when I build my shrine to Dr.Stillman I am including you ! I am going off plan Saturday & Sunday healthy meal
plans .... low carb veggies amd fruit low fat cheese .... Friday I will do a strict Stillmans QWL of HB Eggs and lean meats and or tuna ....
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #701
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Good evening everyone, and to the new people!

I'm just checking in. I still haven't seen much progress on the scale. After almost a week of no movement, I was down 1 lb today. I even tried the Fast Five for a few days and got no results. I ate after my window yesterday and lost this morning, so maybe it's just not for me? Not sure. But even though I haven't seen the scale move much, I've been getting hit on like crazy over the past couple days. I was just walking around downtown San Francisco yesterday and literally at least 15-20 guys approached me to tell me I was beautiful/gorgeous. I mean, if you've been to San Francisco, you know what the crazy people are like downtown. Sometimes I'll get a comment or two, but I've never gotten so many compliments from so many random strangers in such a short amount of time! Even though most of those men aren't really the kind that you'd actually want to get to know, still kinda helped as a confidence booster. lol Today I had a more negative experience at a gas station with a guy who wouldn't leave me alone, even when I told him he was making me uncomfortable (who tries to pick up girls at a gas station anyway??). Yeah, those situations aren't fun. But I guess that may kinda count as progress? haha.

Aaanyways, hope you guys are doing well! I check the thread pretty much everyday even though I don't post, I'm just interested in seeing how things are coming along for you all.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 AM   #702
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Smooth sailing for me 'till the banquet Sunday. I feel so horrible from being off plan that I'm considering how to get through the banquet and stay on plan! Push food around my plate, buck out only bites that will be low carb.......eat my tuna in the car! I've a busy day so I gotta run. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys!
Well after 2 full days of doing stillman/dukan combo I am done 5 pounds!! Woot woot!! I had weighed in at 151(mind you it was TOM) on Tuesday morning and today I was 146! I have never seen that kind of lightening fast weight loss with atkins. I am a stillmans/dukan convert!

Here is my menu for yesterday:

- I low fat hot dog weiner for breakfast
-lunch was a chicken breast dipped in a balsamic/mustard sauce ( I made it myself)
-FF yogurt (sweetened with splenda) and 1.5 tbsp's oat bran (as per dukan)
-dinner 2 small filet mignon. more yogurt as a snack
-1 small glass of red wine
tons of water and green teal!

I can't believe I had such a loss even with the wine I am loving this plan!!! I did not feel hungry at all.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Sucralose is just sugar though--anything with 'ose'. If it doesnt stall you then go for it! But as always you'll have the most success with pure foods. Also the quicker you lose the taste for sweet things, the easier the diet will become!

Sucrolose is splenda, you are thinking of sucrose (that is sugar) Easy to confuse the two for sure though!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Morning all! So glad you guys are all here to support! Yesterday was my first day on Stillman's. Didn't weigh myself yet but I am definitely in ketosis after 1 day (I know it's not necessary to check but it makes me feel better!) Can't wait to read through these posts and find some recipes to make my chicken more appetizing The hardest part for me was giving up my AM coffee and PM wine cold turkey. I gave up the coffee because I can't stand to drink it without HWC! Anyway, I'm looking forward to a successful day #2 today! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Down 3 today. Day one being back on plan was tough. I could barely get down 1 egg for breakfast. Lunch and dinner was just a half of a chicken breast. I just could not make myself eat it. I stayed on plan tho. I need to get some ground turkey. I will starve to death of I can't kick the aversion to chicken that has suddenly hit me. I will eat tuna today. Hopefully that will help a bit.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I will be back later with replies. I have to get my house finished today. The in-laws will be here tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Today's meal plan ....
After dinner 45 minute walk ...

I weighed myself this morning I am down 2 more pounds on the scale ....
People notice my weight loss also the pants that were too tight that I couldn't get past my butt finally fit !!!! I am planning my (2) healthy off plan days for this weekend .... I am going to definitely be cutting out salt and sugar .... I am thinking of making homemade cranberry sauce (sugar free recipe) I found on LCF .... I am going to make those yummy turkey meatballs again sans breadcrumbs and mashed UN potatoes so that cranberry sauce would make a nice accompaniment .... Then Sunday I am looking forward to making baked eggplant parmagiana .... low fat cheese of course and homemade sauce so definitely no added sugar .... and a side salad and homemade salad dressing .... little steps .... I am glad eggplant is low carb .... and strawberries are too .... I love them so they will be topping my sugar free jello
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Good evening everyone, and to the new people!

I'm just checking in. I still haven't seen much progress on the scale. After almost a week of no movement, I was down 1 lb today. I even tried the Fast Five for a few days and got no results. I ate after my window yesterday and lost this morning, so maybe it's just not for me? Not sure. But even though I haven't seen the scale move much, I've been getting hit on like crazy over the past couple days. I was just walking around downtown San Francisco yesterday and literally at least 15-20 guys approached me to tell me I was beautiful/gorgeous. I mean, if you've been to San Francisco, you know what the crazy people are like downtown. Sometimes I'll get a comment or two, but I've never gotten so many compliments from so many random strangers in such a short amount of time! Even though most of those men aren't really the kind that you'd actually want to get to know, still kinda helped as a confidence booster. lol Today I had a more negative experience at a gas station with a guy who wouldn't leave me alone, even when I told him he was making me uncomfortable (who tries to pick up girls at a gas station anyway??). Yeah, those situations aren't fun. But I guess that may kinda count as progress? haha.

Aaanyways, hope you guys are doing well! I check the thread pretty much everyday even though I don't post, I'm just interested in seeing how things are coming along for you all.

yayyyy !!!! one pound down !!!! I am glad lil lav that the scale is in your favor .... As for the fast 5 it does not work for everyone you have to find the right formula that works for you to keep losing .... Good luck !!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning:

Was just reading over the debates about Sucralose and related (and I did google it). . but I have to tell you guys. I saw a big drop in my weight loss when I gave up all traces of artificial sweetner whether it was an "ose" or not. . I seriously never bought the 'whole" Diet Pop can make you fat theory. .but it is true!!! The aritificial sweetner actually tricks your body into believing it is getting sugar which will make your body crave more and will make it hold onto what you have when you dont' feed it more sugar (Kinda like a kid!!). . Therefore, if you are chronic user of those artificial sweetners, you may want to cut them out or cut them down. . I now drink only one bottle of water a day with the "flavoring" and really space out my diet cokes.. I dont' drink them every day. . and if I do, I realize it is my choice to make my weight loss slow. .

I'm living not DIE-ting. . . .
Old 05-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Angel. .So glad to see you are taking your vitamins.. . . gotta keep you strong and healthy to keep on losing!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down 3 today. Day one being back on plan was tough. I could barely get down 1 egg for breakfast. Lunch and dinner was just a half of a chicken breast. I just could not make myself eat it. I stayed on plan tho. I need to get some ground turkey. I will starve to death of I can't kick the aversion to chicken that has suddenly hit me. I will eat tuna today. Hopefully that will help a bit.
Awesome Bratty 3 pounds bye bye .... I am glad you are going to try ground turkey .... I was getting so tired of chicken .... I know eventually this will happen with turkey .... I did find a super lean beef called Laura's Lean beef no hormones just lean ground beef, I may try that too .... You can google it ....
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Angel. .So glad to see you are taking your vitamins.. . . gotta keep you strong and healthy to keep on losing!
Thank you IM2 !!!! I take them everyday !!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandieelynne View Post
Morning all! So glad you guys are all here to support! Yesterday was my first day on Stillman's. Didn't weigh myself yet but I am definitely in ketosis after 1 day (I know it's not necessary to check but it makes me feel better!) Can't wait to read through these posts and find some recipes to make my chicken more appetizing The hardest part for me was giving up my AM coffee and PM wine cold turkey. I gave up the coffee because I can't stand to drink it without HWC! Anyway, I'm looking forward to a successful day #2 today! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Have a wonderful day also !!!! Good luck on your road to weight loss !!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
hello, all: will join your group for May (even though it's the last day. Can't believe May 2012 is over. This year is flying by)

...I'm back to Stillman's after 3 months on Atkins 72 Induction. Lost 21 lbs in my first 2 months on Atkins. Then for May 1-May 30, I lost only 1.2 lbs, with absolutely NO cheats on Atkins - and that loss was mostly in the first week of May. I have WAY too much excess weight to lose it that slowly.

We did Stillman's 3 years ago and had great success using Stillman's for revving up the weight loss...cycled Stillman's/Atkins. So we're trying it again, with several weeks of Stillman's (until we're screaming crazy with the boring food,) then we'll do a weekend or a week of full-on Atkins.

Thing is, I seriously have to lose the excess weight. Recently diagnosed with Stage 3 COPD. My lungs do not NEED all the extra work the 100 extra lbs. cause (And no, I do not smoke...quit more than 8 yrs. ago--Was a real drag to get this diagnosis when my lungs should be "clean" by now) But as you can see, I really, really need to lose, & lose sooner than later. I know Stillman's was originally designed for quick weight loss for obese people who really needed to lose fast... I think it was originally designed for heart patients. So it fits me to a "T" now - needing to lose fast for health reasons!

Started Stillman's yesterday...and down 2 lbs. this morning. So the first 24 hours are good (though already hating on the dry meat after eating the full-fat Atkins for almost 3 months.) But seeing the scale move 2 lbs after 3 weeks with losses in the ounces...well!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 05-31-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Today's meal plan ....
After dinner 45 minute walk ...

I weighed myself this morning I am down 2 more pounds on the scale ....
People notice my weight loss also the pants that were too tight that I couldn't get past my butt finally fit !!!! I am planning my (2) healthy off plan days for this weekend .... I am going to definitely be cutting out salt and sugar .... I am thinking of making homemade cranberry sauce (sugar free recipe) I found on LCF .... I am going to make those yummy turkey meatballs again sans breadcrumbs and mashed UN potatoes so that cranberry sauce would make a nice accompaniment .... Then Sunday I am looking forward to making baked eggplant parmagiana .... low fat cheese of course and homemade sauce so definitely no added sugar .... and a side salad and homemade salad dressing .... little steps .... I am glad eggplant is low carb .... and strawberries are too .... I love them so they will be topping my sugar free jello
Congratulations on all your loss! You are such a champ! It seems like you've found what works for you. What recipe are you using to make the eggplant parmesan? I was thinking of making it too on an off day.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
3rd day on plan. Although there has been a lot, I repeat, a lot of cottage cheese involved, hoping to get sick of it soon and eat more eggs. (or just eat less period, my calorie intake yesterday was almost 1500, although this is way less than my previous bad habits (thats ONE fast food meal) it seems a little high for this plan.

I was craving fruit this morning (that could be because I just stocked up for the kids, grapes, apples, bananas, peaches, straberries, plum, nectarines) I'm trying to cut their sugar intake too, but I'm starting with the proccessed kind, so replacing it with fruit instead.

I was relieved after I took one drink of Vitamin water Zero, acai berry, it took away the craving. But although it says ZERO when I plugged it into fitness pal, it came up with 4 carbs and 1g sugar. Now I feel as though I cheated But I immediatly stopped drinking it.

[COLOR="Purple"]BAHAMA MAMAS BIKINI CHALLEGE[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]
Old 05-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #718
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandyLandon
Stats: Start : 2010/ Goal : 160
WOE: HCG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb79 View Post
3rd day on plan. Although there has been a lot, I repeat, a lot of cottage cheese involved, hoping to get sick of it soon and eat more eggs. (or just eat less period, my calorie intake yesterday was almost 1500, although this is way less than my previous bad habits (thats ONE fast food meal) it seems a little high for this plan.

I was craving fruit this morning (that could be because I just stocked up for the kids, grapes, apples, bananas, peaches, straberries, plum, nectarines) I'm trying to cut their sugar intake too, but I'm starting with the proccessed kind, so replacing it with fruit instead.

I was relieved after I took one drink of Vitamin water Zero, acai berry, it took away the craving. But although it says ZERO when I plugged it into fitness pal, it came up with 4 carbs and 1g sugar. Now I feel as though I cheated But I immediatly stopped drinking it.

Since you can't drink vitamin water, I'd suggest using Mio. They are drops that you put in your water to give a little flavor. They're fantastic! It's the only reason I've been able to drink so much water, and they have a bunch of different flavors.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #719
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dag24
Stats: 212/190/140
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: May 23 2012
Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
Hi Angelstill I have a question for you, are you doing stillman and fast five together? The weight seems to be falling right off of you congrats!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieb79
Stats: 270/270/Onderland--5'2"
WOE: Stillmans boost, then Atkins
Start Date: May 29,2012 this time
Oh ya Mio! I bought it for my son to keep in his backpack so he can spruce up his water while at school (now that he's in H.S. I need to sneak in his water intake). I'm going to have to buy me some now too. Thanks.

Also my carb count is over 20 daily. I know with Atkins that's a no no, but since it's coming from cottage cheese and that's an acceptable food, I'm assuming it's ok?!?
Closed Thread